Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Ultimate battle for the fate of our universe (pt 3)Read OP 01/11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

RIGOLO wrote: »
    its not really about what I said .. the question is really about what you said as I was responding to your post.

You said he was a total failure ..

I simply pointed out the man who lives in a tower with his name on it overlooking NY, holidays in a 120 bedroom resort he owns, plays golfs on multiple golf course he owns, was paid $400 million by NBC , never ran for public office before announcing he would run for the most important one of all and won it, a man who spent many years with the most beautiful women in the world on his arm, and while doing this has raised children who didnt go off the rails even though they had a gilded life, has private jets with his name on them , .....

so the question is ' how do you measure total failure ' ?

he sure seems to have alot of gravy ...

His daddy was a billionaire. And he squandered that opportunity. And he avails of bankruptcy laws to evade tax every year. And he paid less tax than a nurse while running for office. And he's a horrible human being. That aside, you're spot on.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

Trump is the heavy favourite to win at this point - based on all the metrics myself and many others have been monitoring for weeks/months now.
    I'd be interested in looking at these metrics - maybe I'm missing something.
    Can you post up some detail?
    The idea that you think these polls are somehow factually correct and an accurate projection, is frankly comical. They are so far from reality, that they are barely even worth looking at any more.

These polls are propaganda, pure and simple - designed to give Biden some sort of slim chance of making this competitive... but it's not working, and realistically he doesn't have a prayer of winning this election.

The only reason the polls might tighten before Nov 3rd, is so these dodgy pollsters can save face and not completely lose all credibility in their "profession". But it doesn't really matter if they tighten or not, with regard to the results of this election - they are almost irrelevant to the final results at this point. (imho)
    While I'm sure its possible that the pollsters might get it wrong or that its possible that there's something fundamentally wrong with how they do their polling, the idea that it's propaganda seems far fetched, and would require them to be conspiring.
    I'm not really buying that without some very strong evidence.

You should probably consider broadening your horizons, and try going deeper than mainstream media and pollster propaganda, if you want to get a true picture of where this race is going... I think that's the problem, and why so many of you guys are susceptible to the biased agenda driven media. You simply don't do enough of your own independent analysis or homework on things... the mainstream media rely on your laziness or inability to think for yourself, in order to brainwash you and spread their lies around. ;)
    Well, that is a challenge to me. Why don't you post up the data you are using and your analysis of it, so I can examine it?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Nope, I didn't.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭RIGOLO

Trump is the heavy favourite to win at this point - based on all the metrics myself and many others have been monitoring for weeks/months now.

The idea that you think these polls are somehow factually correct and an accurate projection, is frankly comical. They are so far from reality, that they are barely even worth looking at any more.

These polls are propaganda, pure and simple - designed to give Biden some sort of slim chance of making this competitive... but it's not working, and realistically he doesn't have a prayer of winning this election.

The only reason the polls might tighten before Nov 3rd, is so these dodgy pollsters can save face and not completely lose all credibility in their "profession". But it doesn't really matter if they tighten or not, with regard to the results of this election - they are almost irrelevant to the final results at this point. (imho)

You should probably consider broadening your horizons, and try going deeper than mainstream media and pollster propaganda, if you want to get a true picture of where this race is going... I think that's the problem, and why so many of you guys are susceptible to the biased agenda driven media. You simply don't do enough of your own independent analysis or homework on things... the mainstream media rely on your laziness or inability to think for yourself, in order to brainwash you and spread their lies around. ;)

Well said, I think you are right.

The left 'insiders' know it, and know post the election they will be embarrassed again. But at the moment there is less risk for them if they just play along , keep to the mantra and dont stick out too much with a contrarian view and they might hang onto their job and be able to pay college fees and their mortgages.

At this stage the groupthink is so endemic if a main stream commentator who spent 4 years bashing Trump was for one second to step outside the box an even to suggest live on air that Trump might have a chance and we need to be careful guys, Im not sure we have this in the bag... then they would be cancelled in 24 hours and accussed of being a German stormtrooper who personally built cages that house lesbian illegal immigrants.

The left lost the plot when he won , and have spent 4 years losing everything else (credibility, respect, integrity, moral high ground ....) since..

Well said, I think you are right.

The left 'insiders' know it, and know post the election they will be embarrassed again. But at the moment there is less risk for them if they just play along , keep to the mantra and dont stick out too much with a contrarian view and they might hang onto their job and be able to pay college fees and their mortgages.

At this stage the groupthink is so endemic if a main stream commentator who spent 4 years bashing Trump was for one second to step outside the box an even to suggest live on air that Trump might have a chance and we need to be careful guys, Im not sure we have this in the bag... then they would be cancelled in 24 hours and accussed of being a German stormtrooper who personally built cages that house lesbian illegal immigrants.

The left lost the plot when he won , and have spent 4 years losing everything else (credibility, respect, integrity, moral high ground ....) since..

Genuine question. Is this a form of parody art?

• Advertisement

Nope, I didn't.

oh yeah it wasnt you another poster said he was a total failure ..

you got me... Im going to have a chat with my kids tonight ..

looks sons.. if either of you little fookers come home with $400 million from NBC or bring a couple of Miss Worlds home on your arms me and your mother will be really pissed at the total failures you have become.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭Cody montana

looks sons.. if either of you little fookers come home with $400 million from NBC or bring a couple of Miss Worlds home on your arms me and your mother will be really pissed at the total failures you have become.

You seem angry.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I'd tell my kids that character is more important than money but you do you.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,090 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    He hasn't even made his bank account Great Again. A total failure in every way.

Oh, he probably has, it's just being kept for him by those very grateful futures traders who have made billions through being tipped off about what tweets he would make in a few hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,610 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

its not really about what I said .. the question is really about what you said as I was responding to your post.

I simply pointed out the man who lives in a tower with his name on it overlooking NY, holidays in a 120 bedroom resort he owns, plays golfs on multiple golf course he owns, was paid $400 million by NBC , never ran for public office before announcing he would run for the most important one of all and won it, a man who spent many years with the most beautiful women in the world on his arm, and while doing this has raised children who didnt go off the rails even though they had a gilded life, has private jets with his name on them , .....

so the question is ' how do you measure total failure ' ?

he sure seems to have alot of gravy ...

He ran for political office in 2000, trying to become the Reform Party nominee for President. DIdn't get it. Said his ideal running mate would be Oprah Winfrey. But, lost Jesse Ventura's support and his campaign floundered:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_Trump_2000_presidential_campaign

As for failure, that was probably me. As president, he's a complete and total failure. Destroyed the economy, destroyed the US's standing in the world, made the world, overall, much worse for everyone and through his ineptitude caused hundreds of thousands of excess deaths in the US. It's not a game being President, it's a serious job and one for which he's repeatedly proven he's unqualified.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,090 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Trump is the heavy favourite to win at this point - based on all the metrics myself and many others have been monitoring for weeks/months now...

If you went for a colonoscopy, I'd imagine the gastroenterologist would be alarmed at seeing your gut stained a dark tan from all the tea you have been drinking so you could gave at the leaves left behind..

I was watching Biden live in Pennsylvania today. He did a car rally thing. Anyone catch it. Joe was all fired up.
    I could hear car horns beeping for him, and I thought dang, Joe has some spirit and his supporters have some excitement.

but they werent.

turns out a bunch of TRump supporters gate crashed it with their cars , nearly uutnumbering the 130 cars that turned up for Biden and it was their tooting horns I could hear.
    Talk about being trolled.. trolled at his own car rally.

https://nypost.com/2020/10/24/biden-rips-trump-supporters-as-chumps-at-pa-drive-in-rally/

ah well at least he made it out of his basement.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭the immortals

Well at least that debate gave us Joe Bidens greatest ever quote, "you said you're Abraham Lincoln"

He actually said that, bloody marvellous, I think I'll get it on a tshirt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Absolutely beautiful post, taking the words out of my mouth! M-A-G-A!!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Well at least that debate gave us Joe Bidens greatest ever quote, "you said you're Abraham Lincoln"

He actually said that, bloody marvellous, I think I'll get it on a tshirt

I dont suppose you have a source for that? I'm not saying you're lying but the only biden thing said that was close to that was

https://streamable.com/q3bknq

where he said
    Abraham Lincoln here is the most racist president

Like I said I'm not calling you a liar but a source would be appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,374 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

osarusan wrote: »
    Politicians (and especially US politicians with their binary system in which they are always always on opposites of the aisle with no potential for coalition) are masters of extracting every ounce of political capital they can from anything.

Guiliani has (supposedly) had all this dirt for months and months - plenty of time to get all the ducks in a row, get corroborating statements from various people involved, and have it all ready to be released at the perfect time to hammer Joe Biden.

Instead, we got these rumours that even Fox wouldn't touch, released in a drip-feed manner at a time when approximately 25-40% of the electorate have already cast their vote.

If there really is any devastating content among all the dirt that supposedly exists, Giuliani et al. have done a terrible job of exploiting it.

The objective is not to find or prove anything that is really criminal or untoward about Biden. All they aim to do is to cast doubt on Biden's character and suitability, that's it. They managed to do this four years ago and they are rerunning the same plays, that's all this comes down to. There is probably massive pressure being exerted from the White House to top ranks in the FBI over the past couple of weeks imploring them to make some type of noise that legitimises any portion of these wild accusations.

The Comey letter pretty much four year's ago to the day effectively won Trump the election last time out:

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-comey-letter-probably-cost-clinton-the-election/

So that's all that is going on here. It's a smear campaign that is supposed to:

a) fire up the base
    b) divert media attention from Trump's flaws and suitability
    c) pressure some type of acknowledgement from American authorities that gives an appearance of legitimacy a few days before the election

They've achieved point A. So far the media is refusing to give them point B like they did four years ago. And there's still time for point C, which would force B and give Trump the boost his campaign so desperately needs.

Hopefully the media and the FBI hold the line. It's so blatant and scummy that i almost feel sorry for all the Trump fans desperately peddling it. They truly have nothing else to cling on to. Sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,374 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

gmisk wrote: »
    Please post some of these metrics you have been analysing would love to see them.

I believe they love things like:

- attendance at rallies
    - social media engagement
    - likes / dislike ratios on social media posts
    - sales of Trump memorabilia on amazon and the likes

Not that I blame them for believing what they do. Trump's core base certainly does love him and is massively fired up. If you're in those social media rabbit holes it would be very easy to be completely convinced that a Trump landslide is a foregone conclusion. You also mix that with 'tHe pOLls WeRe WROng LaSt TiMe!!' and it's quite a potent stew of delusion.

I guess you seen the clips of Obama campaigning for Biden, about a dozen people on a street corner listening to him, meanwhile Trump getting record crowds, its just a example of the fake news, Trump will win big, yet the media say Biden is a sure thing, will the TDS people admit the media is fake once Trump wins and wins big?
    Will the TDS folk accept the media has a agenda and its not for the good of the population?

Or maybe Biden supporters aren’t stupid enough to gather in large crowds in the middle of a deadly pandemic.

Just an idea.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    The objective is not to find or prove anything that is really criminal or untoward about Biden. All they aim to do is to cast doubt on Biden's character and suitability, that's it. They managed to do this four years ago and they are rerunning the same plays, that's all this comes down to. There is probably massive pressure being exerted from the White House to top ranks in the FBI over the past couple of weeks imploring them to make some type of noise that legitimises any portion of these wild accusations.

The Comey letter pretty much four year's ago to the day effectively won Trump the election last time out:

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-comey-letter-probably-cost-clinton-the-election/

So that's all that is going on here. It's a smear campaign that is supposed to:

a) fire up the base
    b) divert media attention from Trump's flaws and suitability
    c) pressure some type of acknowledgement from American authorities that gives an appearance of legitimacy a few days before the election

They've achieved point A. So far the media is refusing to give them point B like they did four years ago. And there's still time for point C, which would force B and give Trump the boost his campaign so desperately needs.

Hopefully the media and the FBI hold the line. It's so blatant and scummy that i almost feel sorry for all the Trump fans desperately peddling it. They truly have nothing else to cling on to. Sad.

The difference this time around is that the middle ground have now seen Trump for what he is. So the Dems could put Satan up against Trump and Satan would win.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

Biden has only fake media support, the real world shows he has none, its a Trump win to be sure.
    very poor effort. Must try harder:rolleyes:

Wanna support genocide?Cheer on the murder of women and children?The Ruzzians aren't rapey enough for you? Morally bankrupt cockroaches and islamaphobes , Israel needs your help NOW!!

http://tinyurl.com/2ksb4ejk

https://www.btselem.org/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭joseywhales

The difference this time around is that the middle ground have now seen Trump for what he is. So the Dems could put Satan up against Trump and Satan would win.

Well satan would be competent at least.

Biden has only fake media support, the real world shows he has none, its a Trump win to be sure.

This will age well.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,771 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Ivanka Trump and "the Jew", as Trump calls him, say they are going to sue the Lincoln Project for ongoing adverts in Times Square. For what? Telling people Trump is an idiot is not false advertising.

https://twitter.com/ProjectLincoln/status/1320084875752345601

• Registered Users Posts: 33,177 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Well satan would be competent at least.
    MAKE HELL GREAT AGAIN

I would say he would at least deliver on his pre election promises.

We need to see crooked God's emails!

Build the wall!!!... to stop people from purgatory coming into hell illegally!

Plenty of veterans like this man...that Trump infuriated through his own vulgar stupidity.

https://twitter.com/votevets/status/1319997955366072320

They are motivated across the country, they will vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Kayleigh. The most truthful person on planet earth.

Kayleigh. The most truthful person on planet earth.

It shows what low character she is. He clearly made a mistake and she pretends it's something genuine.

She's like all Trumpers - low standards and high maintenance.

It shows what low character she is. He clearly made a mistake and she pretends it's something genuine.

She's like all Trumpers - low standards and high maintenance.

It shows how low Trump has driven American politics when the White House Press Secretary is tweeting drivel like this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

The question for me is how will the TDS folk cope once Trump wins again?

I expect Biden to win. I think Trump is unhinged.

But Trump is mostly just killing Americans, if they vote for more of it, its mostly their problem.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement