Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Ultimate battle for the fate of our universe (pt 3)Read OP 01/11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Well Obama did not do it when he left office so I do not think this is a thing, he could of but he didnt:rolleyes:.

Obama didn't do it isn't a good enough reason for me to say the policy shouldn't change.

It's probably for another thread at this stage and I don't know if people are deliberately misrepresenting the conversation or just not getting the concern but it's not something to take lightly and this ignorance is bliss mentality doesn't wash with me.

The US has very real issues and like it or not they affect us too

• Registered Users Posts: 25,597 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Well Obama did not do it when he left office so I do not think this is a thing, he could of but he didnt:rolleyes:.

Trump is the only president in history who when asked on losing would he ensure a peaceful transition of power refused to answer the question.

ebbsy wrote: »
    Not me. I will be a Trump man no matter win or lose.

#Champthatrunsthecamp

You have my pity

#Chumpthatrunsthedump

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 5,996 ✭✭✭hometruths

Trump is the only president in history who when asked on losing would he ensure a peaceful transition of power refused to answer the question.

How many presidents in history have been asked the question?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

schmittel wrote: »

If the answer is one then that’s a further blight on Trump and not the gotcha you think it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Phoebas wrote: »
    Let's be clear here - there is no prospect of Trump conceding graciously. None.
    I'm not saying he will not try to defy the will of the American electorate - I'm saying he will not succeed.

If the result is close then both sides will go to the courts, both with the support of their parties. If, after that process, Biden is the loser, he will concede graciously. Trump will not be gracious, because he doesn't know what that is.

Quite depressing :(

I hope you are wrong, I fear you are right

None

Because for the previous 44 presidents no one has felt the need to ask that question because none of the previous 44 presidents have been as unstable as this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,578 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

The NYPD appears to have lost its damn mind, in at least one incident.

https://twitter.com/thumpio/status/1320191789559615490?s=20

Using a squad car to campaign for a political candidate is a monumental No No.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

Overheal wrote: »
    The NYPD appears to have lost its damn mind, in at least one incident.

https://twitter.com/thumpio/status/1320191789559615490?s=20

Using a squad car to campaign for a political candidate is a monumental No No.

The scroat screeching needs to cry more. The cop was priceless

Smee_Again wrote: »
    If the answer is one then that’s a further blight on Trump and not the gotcha you think it is.

Really? If you're suggesting the reason the question is asked it is because of Trump's character flaws (of which there are many) you are quite mistaken.

The question arose in 2016 simply because the media bubble thought he had no chance of winning, they thought a Clinton win was a foregone conclusion (as did she). This is one of the reasons she lost.

How many politicians in history have you heard of that happily answer questions in advance of the election, about what they are going to do when they lose?

Very few would be my guess. They maintain the pretence that they believe they will win right up to the last minute for obvious reasons.

Meanwhile the gracious loser from 2016 is advising Biden not to concede under any circumstances.

• Advertisement

A closer look at the officer - not just a stolen cruiser here lads.

https://twitter.com/itsa_talia/status/1320198107431358464?s=21

NYPD and NYC says it’s investigating.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

That is so sinister. Jesus.

That is so sinister. Jesus.

And people assume there were innocent motives behind the NYPD running over protesters!

None

Because for the previous 44 presidents no one has felt the need to ask that question because none of the previous 44 presidents have been as unstable as this one.

As I expected. The niceties of democracy are suspended for Trump, and everyone thinks that's ok, as none of the previous 44 presidents have been as hated as this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

Really? If you're suggesting the reason the question is asked it is because of Trump's character flaws (of which there are many) you are quite mistaken.

The question arose in 2016 simply because the media bubble thought he had no chance of winning, they thought a Clinton win was a foregone conclusion (as did she). This is one of the reasons she lost.

How many politicians in history have you heard of that happily answer questions in advance of the election, about what they are going to do when they lose?

Very few would be my guess. They maintain the pretence that they believe they will win right up to the last minute for obvious reasons.

Meanwhile the gracious loser from 2016 is advising Biden not to concede under any circumstances.

Wrong.

He’s being asked because he’s constantly trying to undermine the election process.

Smee_Again wrote: »
    Wrong.

He’s being asked because he’s constantly trying to undermine the election process.

Eh? How do you figure that?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,792 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

And people assume there were innocent motives behind the NYPD running over protesters!
    Ah thats not fair. They just agreed with running over/shooting the protesters. Innocence had nothing to do with it.

As I expected. The niceties of democracy are suspended for Trump, and everyone thinks that's ok, as none of the previous 44 presidents have been as hated as this one.

That’s an odd take.

No other president has made as many efforts to insinuate they will not facilitate a peaceful transition of power. I defy anyone to prove otherwise.

A list,

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/24/politics/trump-election-warnings-leaving-office/index.html

Can you tell me how many other of the previous 44 presidents have claimed

The election is rigged ?

Voter fraud is rampant?

The only way they could lose is due to voter fraud/election rigging?

They should get an extra term as the first was rigged?

Trump was the 44th man to be President so there have been 43 previous

And yes, he's the worst and most hated of them all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,908 ✭✭✭ebbsy

You have my pity

#Chumpthatrunsthedump

#Facethatrunstheplace

• Registered Users Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭joseywhales

For me this election is defined by hypothetical hyperbole. The extremes on both sides pushing the lines of what's possible, ironically normalizing things that would have been unthinkable even 4 years ago. "The militiamen will take to the streets" "antifa or whatever will take to the streets" "Trump will become unstable and do x,y,z"

The the extremely likely scenario is that none of this will happen. There's a lot of blowhards out there but very few willing to die for their nonsense.

Likely we will have an election and a bunch of noise but no action, the way it should be, peaceful.

Our penchant for flights of fancy is causing us some mild fear that's all that's happening. Furthermore the backstop to this, is that none of the leadership in any of the military groups will allow violent escalation from any side. They are experienced patriotic and intelligent people.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,489 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

8-10 wrote: »

Have ya ever read about 19th and early 20th century presidents And their attitude to black Americans?

You'll get a few shocks.

Your count is a bit off.

They don’t call it Cult45 just because it rhymes with a brand of malt liquor.

For me this election is defined by hypothetical hyperbole. The extremes on both sides pushing the lines of what's possible, ironically normalizing things that would have been unthinkable even 4 years ago. "The militiamen will take to the streets" "antifa or whatever will take to the streets" "Trump will become unstable and do x,y,z"

The the extremely likely scenario is that none of this will happen. There's a lot of blowhards out there but very few willing to die for their nonsense.

Likely we will have an election and a bunch of noise but no action, the way it should be, peaceful.

Our penchant for flights of fancy is causing us some mild fear that's all that's happening. Furthermore the backstop to this, is that none of the leadership in any of the military groups will allow violent escalation from any side. They are experienced patriotic and intelligent people.

Fear and more fear is part of American culture.

Have ya ever read about 19th and early 20th century presidents And their attitude to black Americans?

Yes I have. And this remains my opinion.

Can you tell me how many other of the previous 44 presidents have claimed

The election is rigged ?

Voter fraud is rampant?

The only way they could lose is due to voter fraud/election rigging?

They should get an extra term as the first was rigged?

I would be very surprised if any of the previous 44 claimed any of the above.

Cast your mind back to when Trump was first asked the question in 2016, about accepting the election results. As I recall it came out of nowhere, with little to suggest that this was in doubt. That's my point.

As for the above. I am well aware of Trump's talk on voter fraud etc/rigged elections and it just part of the whole sorry sh*t show that is US politics.

The type of people - media and Dem politicians - who should know better whipping up a frenzy about some sort of non peaceful transition, are the root cause of this sh*t show.

I give Trump's talk of rigged elections about as much credence as I do the Dem's talk of Russian's interfering and hacked voting machines etc - zero.

Just all part of the circus.

No doubt Trump has dragged US politics into the gutter, but make no mistake, there are plenty on their high horses who have joined him there.

Yes I have. And this remains my opinion.

Slave owning presidents aren't as bad as Trump?

Your count is a bit off.

They don’t call it Cult45 just because it rhymes with a brand of malt liquor.

Yes he's the 45th President but one man is counted twice in that so only 44 men have been president was my point. He's the worst of the 44 men to have served in the position.

• Advertisement

Slave owning presidents aren't as bad as Trump?

Like Thomas Jefferson?

Correct. Not as bad.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement