Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Ultimate battle for the fate of our universe (pt 3)Read OP 01/11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,736 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Looks like Simple Donald is running scared of Biden now.

Of course he's going to sit behind twitter hurling mud, breathing gaspily, waiting for the next steroid injection like the sick dog he is, covfefe!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Inquitus wrote: »
    Just noticed he has gone mental on twitter the past 24 hours with a ridiculous amount of tweets.

Roid rage?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

astrofool wrote: »

Of course he's going to sit behind twitter hurling mud, breathing gaspily, waiting for the next steroid injection like the sick dog he is, covfefe!

I think he knows the writing is on the wall. He literally has nothing at this point. Biden can play this debate avoidance like a fiddle. Works perfectly for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I don’t see how an online debate would work. If trump says he won’t do it that’s basically him dropping out so it won’t happen. He wouldn’t manage it anyway in his current state.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

From grab em by the pussy to pussy out..

The rise and fall of it all (and probably rise of it again, because well America!)

Greatest place on earth..

• Advertisement

MadYaker wrote: »
    I don’t see how an online debate would work. If trump says he won’t do it that’s basically him dropping out so it won’t happen. He wouldn’t manage it anyway in his current state.

Same as how nearly every other interaction between two people has managed to work over the last 6 months.

Won't be the exact same, but surely workable. And it's not like the will have some dodgy WiFi setup with piss poor connectivity.

Trump's just upset at the lack of control.

Boo hoo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Trump says, "I'm not going to waste my time doing a virtual debate", as he shuffles back to the couch for a day on Twitter!

What a president, the word is starting to lose meaning for me!

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    I think he knows the writing is on the wall. He literally has nothing at this point. Biden can play this debate avoidance like a fiddle. Works perfectly for him.

Kind of except we will have another weeks worth of headlines dominated by what Trump is saying.

No such thing as negative headlines etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Tippex

"The belt, Everybody wanted the Belt" 19 seconds into his last twitter video and I had to stop I was laughing too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,146 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Fair enough the national average polls look good for Biden vs 2106, swing state polls vs 2016 not so much. Just saying!

Big difference in 2020 is the lack of undecideds compared to 2016. Biden might have a slightly narrower lead (still over 4%) but much higher percentages are not for turning on who they'll be voting for (with millions already voting).

• Advertisement

I say let them swallow/snort/insert/inject whatever they were both on a couple of months back and let them crack on. Put the two of them in a room on their own with just a couple of cameras and a couple of mics.

Trump doesn't want a virtual debate as it greatly diminishes his ability to exude power, strength and authority.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

PropJoe10 wrote: »

yeah nobody keeps an eye on polling numbers closer than Trump does when he is watching tv all day long. Theres been several polls now showing Biden with 11%+ leads. Florida also showing an 11 point lead with a Quinnipac poll last night and Trump just cannot win with the White House if he loses Florida. I think Trump is seeing all this and he is losing it. And now he is on about chickening out of the debate and staying in his bunker, he is playing right into Bidens hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,663 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

'Virtual' debates have been held in the past, this new nothing particularly new

astrofool wrote: »

He sounded terrible on Fox Business this morning during a pretty short interview with softball questions ('Do you feel you're contagious?').

Can't see him being capable of lasting a full debate no matter the format or the number of drugs. He is looking for any excuse to get out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,364 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Foxtrol wrote: »
    He sounded terrible on Fox Business this morning during a pretty short interview with softball questions ('Do you feel you're contagious?').

Can't see him being capable of lasting a full debate no matter the format or the number of drugs. He is looking for any excuse to get out of it.

Sorry just to be clear was ‘do you feel your contagious’ actually a question? Please tell me you’re paraphrasing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

km991148 wrote: »
    Kind of except we will have another weeks worth of headlines dominated by what Trump is saying.

No such thing as negative headlines etc

There is when you're tweeting the sort of bullcrap that Trump has been spouting over the last few days. How he thinks that any of that utter nonsense is going to get him enough votes to win is anyone's guess.

I say let them swallow/snort/insert/inject whatever they were both on a couple of months back and let them crack on. Put the two of them in a room on their own with just a couple of cameras and a couple of mics.

Trump doesn't want a virtual debate as it greatly diminishes his ability to exude power, strength and authority.

Ye, dems should call their bluff and push for in person.

I don't see how they cannot make the stage secure, even if it were two glass cubes and separate entrances for both entourages.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,947 ✭✭✭SuprSi

salmocab wrote: »
    Sorry just to be clear was ‘do you feel your contagious’ actually a question? Please tell me you’re paraphrasing.

I'm not sure what the question was, but he definitely said 'I don't think I'm contagious'!!!

Unfortunately, that was a question. It shows the quality of the shows and people that Trump likes to work with.

Found the clip (second one).

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1314176161363226625?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 8,558 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Roid rage?

Hardly now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,466 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Hardly now

not really. high doses of steroids can make you feel like you can walk through walls

• Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭Panrich

The amazing lows that we have been treated to by Trump means that his calling of VP nominee Kamala Harris in that interview as a 'monster' doesn't
    even merit a footnote here. Low standards in high places.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,364 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Unfortunately, that was a question. It shows the quality of the shows and people that Trump likes to work with.

Found the clip (second one).

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1314176161363226625?s=20

Good god, I hope she doesn’t tell people she’s a journalist.

Good god, I hope she doesn’t tell people she’s a journalist.

Trump hates talking to anyone with a journalistic bone in their body, it is why he dials into sycophants like her and Fox & Friends.

As usual, going on those shows is such a waste of time politically, those watching are already his base and practically no one watches the show he was on this morning. If he is going to do these, call into Good Morning America or one of the other large shows that will get to potential new voters. His preference is to go on a show that will stroke his ego rather than help him win new voters. I'll continue to be appreciative of how bad he is at politics.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Is he still stuck in his bunker?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Fair enough the national average polls look good for Biden vs 2106, swing state polls vs 2016 not so much. Just saying!

528626.PNG
    Big difference in 2020 is the lack of undecideds compared to 2016. Biden might have a slightly narrower lead (still over 4%) but much higher percentages are not for turning on who they'll be voting for (with millions already voting).

This is absolutely it.

In 2016 - Yes Clinton had similar leads at this point in those swings States - A lot of it as a result of the "Grab 'em by the pu$$y" tape that came out around now.

BUT - The Trump recovery and eventual victory did not come at the expense of Clinton voters , she actually finished higher than where she was at the start of October.

Trump closed the 4/5 point gap by gobbling up the vast majority of the 9/10 points of "Undecided" voters that were still out there 3 or 4 weeks before the vote in 2016.

That category does not exist this time around - at most there are 2% or 3% of voters yet to choose - Which simply isn't enough for Trump right now.

He can still win , of course he can but as I've said before, to do that he'll have to do something he did not manage to do in 2016.

Which is to get people to change their mind and vote for him instead of Biden.

And ~5M people have already voted this year , about 50 times more than voted early 4 years ago.

He's running out of time and voters to target.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,719 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Let Biden have the two hours of Primetime TV to answer question without Trump if he doesn't want to debate.

It won't be long before the Trump and his team decide to join back into the debate.

Can't let Biden have all the big ratings to himself.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

I've seen members of the "fake news/MSM" brigade cite the Washington Post and CNN here when it suits them. Why are you only castigating one side here?

He’s one of those ‘they’re both terrible but Biden...’ types.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,249 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Saw this in a few outlets today:

Biden Says Second Debate Should Be Canceled If Trump Still Has Covid

https://www.forbes.com/sites/andrewsolender/2020/10/06/biden-says-second-debate-should-be-canceled-if-trump-still-has-covid/#50f02b58d30e

Personally, I would see it as a sign of weakness if my candidate pushed to cancel a debate. There are plenty of ways to have a debate that pose very little risk to anyone. What are your thoughts?

Can't wait to see a response to this doozy of a comment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,663 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Or he gets more people out to vote, and more of them to vote for him.

The other side is he makes sure less people actually get their votes included. He is seemingly working hard on the second option.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement