Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Ultimate battle for the fate of our universe (pt 3)Read OP 01/11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

Failed parent and all round idiot Joe Biden makes his latest gaff.
    gaff?

Look, failed boards poster and all round idiot Kidchameleon makes his latest gaffe.

Am I playing this right?

Yes I tried to reason with people, since that has failed...

?? He is POTUS, married to a model, has multiple children, traveled the world, has legions of fans and is a billionaire.
    The worst potus, sham marriage, legions of idiots and hes likely going to be broke after his debts get called in.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,502 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Interesting Putin is breaking ranks and doing so publicaly, Vlad knows the score on who is going to win here. Downing Street are also said to have accepted a Biden win and are trying to make contact with him but are getting rebuffed

That ****s the no-deal rely-on-the-US brexit plan

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭randomname2005

Correlation is not causation. Would you care to explain why Ireland, which has no Trump rallies, has a second lock down imposed? or why Italy which has also followed the advice of the experts is experiencing as a surge.

Hockey game turned into COVID-19 superspreader event

Cork meat plant stayed open despite having 226 Covid cases, Dáil hears

Considering the above examples maybe you might want to consider that viruses are unstable chemical combinations and as a rule, higher doses of virus will almost always survive longer in cooler air and on cooler surfaces. As the temperatures cool, we’d expect higher doses to be transmitted which means a more severe illness as the winter progresses in the Northern hemisphere.

For the past 4 years, Trump's family have had to live with a barrage of attacks against them, should the people who engage in this not feel ashamed of themselves?

No, Joe's family are not employed all over the white house administration in public jobs. When you work in that type of job you expect to be in the public eye

• Registered Users Posts: 23,792 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Succesful parents have children that scam charities. The real American Dream.

• Advertisement

Yes I tried to reason with people, since that has failed...

?? He is POTUS, married to a model, has multiple children, traveled the world, has legions of fans and is a billionaire.

You've never tried to reason with anyone. Your average post on Trump went along the lines of "you can tell the President is very emotional. Such an inspiration." and then some poorly sourced articles. Also, any reason you omitted most of my post?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Also, any reason you omitted most of my post?

As a long time Boards member, I have a habit of only quoting the relevant part of the post I am responding to. That does not mean I have not read and taken into consideration the rest of your post.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,567 ✭✭✭swampgas

I think it's interesting that you seem to be massively impressed with the outward expression of a certain kind of tawdry superficial status.

If Trump were the same guy, with the same brash personality, but married to someone his own age, and (say) only moderately wealthy from his TV shows, would you still idolise him?

Was it simply that a photo of a large golden apartment turned your head? Or was it just the idea of shagging a supermodel?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,502 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

As a long time Boards member, I have a habit of only quoting the relevant part of the post I am responding to. That does not mean I have not read and taken into consideration the rest of your post.

It means you can't reply to it.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Oh and he's big and strong...and smart...and smells gorgeous.

Good point, he had his own line of cologne...

"Success" This fragrance was created by Donald Trump and perfumer Yann Vasnier. Released in 2012, this is a spicy woodsy scent that is very pleasing and always classy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,176 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

"Success" This fragrance was created by Donald Trump and perfumer Yann Vasnier. Released in 2012, this is a spicy woodsy scent that is very pleasing and always classy.
    The smell of desperation and failure would have been more appropriate

Another failure.

So you're happy to spout nonsense but won't address the fact you've accused a person of being a terrible parent due to substance abuse issues of their son? People aren't gonna engage with you for much longer at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Gruffalux

Phoebas wrote: »
    gaff?

Look, failed boards poster and all round idiot Kidchameleon makes his latest gaffe.

Am I playing this right?

Quoting for the record. I got carded for FAR less in this thread.

Gruffalux wrote: »
    Quoting for the record. I got carded for FAR less in this thread.

In fairness, entirely playing on the ridiculous nature of the post rather than actually intended as an insult, I'd suspect.

A quick Google...
    https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/trump-fragrances-come-whiff-toxins-000000281.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Is he irresistible to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

A guy that raised two kids on his own after his wife tragically passed is a failure? There's hope for the rest of us. Things are very black and white in Kid's world. If you have a few quid and are married to a good looking woman, you're a success but if you have substance abuse issues which you manage to overcome, you're a failure. It's a superficial, shallow world he inhabits.

A guy that raised two kids on his own after his wife tragically passed is a failure? There's hope for the rest of us. Things are very black and white in Kid's world. If you have a few quid and are married to a good looking woman, you're a success but if you have substance abuse issues which you manage to overcome, you're a failure. It's a superficial, shallow world he inhabits.

Another ad hominen post quoted for the record. The other posters world is "black and white, superficial and shallow". No argumentation just personalised baiting and attack.

Somebody got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.

• Advertisement

Gruffalux wrote: »
    Another ad hominen post quoted for the record. The other posters world is "black and white, superficial and shallow". No argumentation just personalised baiting and attack.

Trump is rich and married to a supermodel = success. Biden - son is a recovering drug addict = failure. But those views aren't superficial or shallow, gotcha.

I believe Joe Biden has failed as a parent towards his son Hunter. It is quite clear that Hunter is an extremely disturbed young man. IMHO, that is ultimately the responsibility of his parents. It was their job to steer him in the right direction but they clearly failed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭vojiwox

Phoebas wrote: »
    Somebody got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.

Careful you'll be quoted for the record!

I believe Joe Biden has failed as a parent towards his son Hunter. It is quite clear that Hunter is an extremely disturbed young man. IMHO, that is ultimately the responsibility of his parents. It was their job to steer him in the right direction but they clearly failed.

He had a drug addiction problem. That doesn't make him an extremely disturbed young man. Sure, Don Jnr appears to be pretty disturbed on the average day and looks to have a coke problem... Do you view all parents of addicts as terrible parents?

It's pretty clear that Chameleon has some hero worship going on. There have been responses to him that go beyond ad hominem btw but he simply refuses to address them. Eg does he view all parents of drug addicts or alcoholics as failures?

I do not know who Kidchameleon is. I have not come across him before elsewhere on boards. I only occasionally drop in here as the tone is generally sickening and full of sneer. The only posts I have read of his are literally a handful on this thread. It is probable that I totally disagree with very many things he believes in as I find that is a general truth in my life. Share some opinions, completely opposed on others with most people. I am by nature a contrarian.
    My only purpose here this morning is to quote the rampant personalised baiting and direct ad hominen insults towards opponents by the supposed stalwarts of this thread. Phoebas calling another contributor a "failed boards poster and all round idiot" is a prime example of the egregious sneering and condescension employed against people who happen to disagree, to whatever degree, on this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

And as your parents were unable to teach you empathy and the ability to forgive, we can say your parents are failures.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,597 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Hunter is an adult who made his own decisions, His "parents" you say? As in plural? You know his mother died right?

Trumps kids stole money from a charity, that is ultimately the responsibility of their parents. It was their job to steer them in the right direction but they clearly failed.

Trump is a terrible father.

It is quite clear that Hunter is an extremely disturbed young man. .

Based on what, those unverified sex tapes you were watching the other day? Or the unverified emails? Stealing from a charity is fine though, Trump is such a successful parent. I'd rather have a kid with a drug problem than one that's a lowlife thief.

It is quite clear that Hunter is an extremely disturbed young man.

I'm sure he'd be chuffed, but, he's a 50 year old man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭8-10

It's pretty clear that Chameleon has some hero worship going on. There have been responses to him that go beyond ad hominem btw but he simply refuses to address them. Eg does he view all parents of drug addicts or alcoholics as failures?

Don't forget this was the same poster that not long ago was in staunch defence of the parents of the boys who murdered Ana Kriegel:
    I think it is very unfair to blame the parents of the murderers

They have done nothing to cause Anas death.

Your young son committing murder while a minor living with you is no reflection on you as a parent but god forbid they take drugs as an adult not under your care

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement