Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Ultimate battle for the fate of our universe (pt 3)Read OP 01/11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,502 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

No

Then what did he say about the bleach? Or was that a idfferent Trump (I get them mixed up sometimes!)

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

osarusan wrote: »
    USA is 9th worst in the world for deaths per capita, with 6 of the 8 ahead of them being Latin American countries like Peru and Ecuador where access to healthcare will be much more difficult.

I think that the USA, because of its own healthcare problems and the "but much freedoms" mentality, was always going to be hard hit, regardless of who the president is, and individual states need to take responsibility also.

So there are mitigating facitors, but by no stretch of the imagination has Trump done a good job.

Id agree with this. I think the logistics, underfunded state and federal agencies, poorly funded states and the personal attitudes and the health system play a big part.

The US is 9th in the world , I think regardless of the president, even if every step was taken in every perfect way and everything was seamless theyd still be 15th highest or higher.

Trump didnt do a good job at this, but it would have taken a divine miracle to do a good job in that country.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

Trump didnt do a good job at this, but it would have taken a divine miracle to do a good job in that country.

He didn’t even try.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

Do you honestly believe that the same people who are anti mask / think its a hoax/ ‘muh freedums’ etc.. would have changed their behaviour in any way under a different president ?

What do you honestly think america would have done different (government wise and people wise) under not donald trump ? Remember how big that country is and the practicalities of rolling out a change to over 300 million people.
    Trump isn't being judged on what others have done. He is being judged on how he handled it.
    I'm not going to go through every incident of his mismanagement - that's all well documented, but the polling shows that a) Covid is the #1 issue in this election, and b) Americans believe that he handled it poorly.

This is the issue that sinks him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Do you honestly believe that the same people who are anti mask / think its a hoax/ ‘muh freedums’ etc.. would have changed their behaviour in any way under a different president ?

What do you honestly think america would have done different (government wise and people wise) under not donald trump ? Remember how big that country is and the practicalities of rolling out a change to over 300 million people.

The person who pushed the anti mask/hoax conspiracy was Trump.
    His cult just followed him.

Any normal leader would have pushed the science and the scientists, pushed social distancing, pushed wearing masks.
    Offered a plan, honesty and clarity.

• Advertisement

Id agree with this. I think the logistics, underfunded state and federal agencies, poorly funded states and the personal attitudes and the health system play a big part.

The US is 9th in the world , I think regardless of the president, even if every step was taken in every perfect way and everything was seamless theyd still be 15th highest or higher.

I'd argue they've got the potential to be much higher. It's the health insurance and costs of not having it that make it worse. People get sick and can;t afford to not work or go see a doctor. Not a great policy when you have a covid epidemic knocking about.

And this is before we get to the obesity problems they have (which, I would put down to misinformation and overly powerful food lobbyists - obviously, is not Trump's fault but the government as a whole).

But hey - this is what happens when you put proifts before people.

Phoebas wrote: »
    Trump isn't being judged on what others have done. He is being judged on how he handled it.
    I'm not going to go through every incident of his mismanagement - that's all well documented, but the polling shows that a) Covid is the #1 issue in this election, and b) Americans believe that he handled it poorly.

This is the issue that sinks him.

The economy is actually still the no.1 issue in the election, 38% of voters polled put that as priority 1

Then what did he say about the bleach? Or was that a idfferent Trump (I get them mixed up sometimes!)
    I think this is where the kid makes a technical argument about the classification of bleach Vs disinfectant.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Actually I think as a Republican the anti maskers and personal freedom crowd would have been more likely to listen to his advice. He could have pushed masks and social distancing along with discouraging crowds. It wouldn’t have stopped it but just doing those things would have saved some lives unfortunately for the dead he decided months ago that re-election was more important.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

And then he caught it.

Allegedly.. we only have MSM reports lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

There is some truth in that... But I don't think nearly as many if their beloved ringleader wasn't stoking the flames for his own support.

The economy is actually still the no.1 issue in the election, 38% of voters polled put that as priority 1

I'm sure there are some polls that show that, and that used to be the issue where Trump was strong, until his mismanagement of the covid crisis sunk the economy.

And then we see Trump calling off negotiations on a stimulus package because he got into a strop and it doesn't really help his case on the economy.
    He had a story on the economy and he blew it.

I'm sure there are some polls that show that, and that used to be the issue where Trump was strong, until his mismanagement of the covid crisis sunk the economy.

And then we see Trump calling off negotiations on a stimulus package because he got into a strop and it doesn't really help his case on the economy.
    He had a story on the economy and he blew it.

Nanci pelosi was who got in the way of that bill , not trump.

Also its schrodingers economy, everyone says trump cared more about the economy so kept it open against bad advice but at the same time he sank it, which is it

I think this is where the kid makes a technical argument about the classification of bleach Vs disinfectant.

Nah, this is where he ignores the argment because it's a lost cause and goes down another route, probably claiming that Trump is an honest tax-paying American. Or that Biden has silly looking hair and therefore shouldn't be president.

Nobody is buying that I'm afraid.
    Also its schrodingers economy, everyone says trump cared more about the economy so kept it open against bad advice but at the same time he sank it, which is it
    People can see past this simplistic argument.

We can now see in the US that cases are now higher than ever they were before. And without proper management of the response to Covid, we are going to see repeats of this for maybe another year, maybe even longer. The economy will be battered as long as Covid is around, but the worst effects can be avoided if Covid is managed.

The Trump administration can't manage Covid because they think it will 'just go away' and they think that the scientists that are advising them are 'idiots'.
    A competent administration who accepted reality (it's a low bar I know) has a chance of coming up with a coherent plan to manage Covid. The prospects for the economy are extricably linked to the response to Covid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Pedro K

Failed parent and all round idiot Joe Biden makes his latest gaff.

This time thinking he is up against George Bush :D

How anyone can seriously consider voting for this old man is beyond me??

Weren't you so sure that Biden wouldn't turn up for the debates?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

https://twitter.com/Faith_Salie/status/1320153269205929985?s=19

From a woman who has seen it all and knows what to do :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,483 ✭✭✭weisses

No it was disinfectant, much safer

• Registered Users Posts: 9,483 ✭✭✭weisses

Been over this multiple times, I know I will not convince you otherwise so I wont try. I'll finish by saying it is my opinion that voters will secretly prefer Trumps response to Covid over Bidens proposed one.

See ... in general to convince people you do that with logical reasoning based on facts .... 99% of the time that content is lacking in your posts.

There is a small percentage who is gullible and believe anything.. They are however a minority... thankfully

• Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭8-10

https://twitter.com/Faith_Salie/status/1320153269205929985?s=19

From a woman who has seen it all and knows what to do :D

That's a great story, more photos if you click into twitter

Born in 1916!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,735 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Economically I think he's done awful, he's gone big government and ruling by decree, he was racking up the largest debt (pre-covid), and his trade war with China only hurt Americans (largest trade deficit ever), he diverted billions to a wall that doesn't work (the one he's building has been falling down, and is defeated by an angle grinder or ladder, and there is much better border options than a wall anyway, but he fixated on something stupid), and the lies just spew forth daily, "greatest" this, and "tremendous" that, it's the speech of a tinpot dicatator, comical Ali has nothing on Trump. He then tries to suppress any metrics that show him badly (stopped reporting on drone strikes).

I would be aligned fairly centrally, but he's been an awful president on almost all the metrics that count, and America will be paying for it for a long time.

If he loses in November, than 2021-2022 will be the years of the Trump biopics, with everyone who worked under him, or was fired by him (drained his own swamp) laying into the administration.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

POTUS response to idiot Joe's latest gaff is hilarious :D

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1320689314506964997

• Registered Users Posts: 25,597 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1320689314506964997

When you can't answer the questions that have been asked, just drop a silly meme/tweet and hope it all gets forgotten about. But hey, if that makes Joe an idiot then what doe this make Trump?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

km991148 wrote: »
    The terms MSM or mainstream media are really handy indicators. They tell me that I don't need to read any further, no point trying to understand the other person's viewpoint because they are already too far gone.
    Especially when they've changed it to somethine like 'lamestream' or 'fakestream'.

A real sign that they have drunk deep at the well of stupidity.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭tigger123

Trump is in serious trouble in the polls.

Wonder what he'll concoct over the next week or so to try to save his ample orange behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭joseywhales

If he was in any company I've ever worked in as even a middle manager, he would have been fired after six months for incompetence. Unless he was caught saying something about female staff or bullying some intern, then he would have been fired after a week. It's baffling that he was ever president.

tigger123 wrote: »
    Trump is in serious trouble in the polls.

Wonder what he'll concoct over the next week or so to try to save his ample orange behind.

I think he only spray tans his face given the lack of colour matching.

Borat offers racist man role to Trump after he leaves the White House in January.

https://twitter.com/SachaBaronCohen/status/1320074185268469762

Might help towards paying off his 400m debt!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭iliketomoveit

A republican inquiry found nothing Biden did nothing wrong.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/23/us/politics/biden-inquiry-republicans-johnson.html
    This guy?

Ex-Hunter Biden associate's records don't show proof of Biden business relationship amid unanswered questions
    Tony Bobulinski had claimed the former VP was involved in discussions about his son's dealings overseas

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/hunter-biden-tony-bobulinski-joe-biden-unanswered-questions

So using facts from those articles, Hunter served on the board for a Ukrainian energy company, who paid him millions of dollars during the time his father was serving as VP, directing policies specifically to Ukraine.

Does that not scream corruption? Why would they pay him millions if Biden wasn't involved?

The fact that there is no "proof" - sure, there may not be a paper trail, but absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Say what you want about Trump, but in my view that's enough to rule Biden out

• Advertisement

So using facts from those articles, Hunter served on the board for a Ukrainian energy company, who paid him millions of dollars during the time his father was serving as VP, directing policies specifically to Ukraine.

Does that not scream corruption? Why would they pay him millions if Biden wasn't involved?

The fact that there is no "proof" - sure, there may not be a paper trail, but absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Say what you want about Trump, but in my view that's enough to rule Biden out

Meanwhile a Republican led investigation found nothing untoward happened... You must be concerned about Ivanka getting patents in China?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement