Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Ultimate battle for the fate of our universe (pt 3)Read OP 01/11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Jared Kushner on the Black community: "President Trump's policies are the policies that can help people break out of the problems that they're complaining about, but he can't want them to be successful more than that they want to be successful."

Jesus!

• Registered Users Posts: 83,566 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Jared Kushner on the Black community: "President Trump's policies are the policies that can help people break out of the problems that they're complaining about, but he can't want them to be successful more than that they want to be successful."

Jesus!

He also called BLM a bunch of Instagram virtue signalers in that interview

• Registered Users Posts: 16,735 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

If you are going to be flippant and say 'pfft what evidence' please write whether you believe the emails are fake, the laptop is fake / not hunter's or that the FBI doesn't have the laptop and hard drive in question that Giuliani handed over. Or that it's russian disinformation but you also like when Putin says good things about Biden.

Follow what happened, Giuliani acquired a laptop (in somewhat unbelievable circumstances, but assume he has it), then instead of releasing verifiable evidence, specifically releases unverifiable evidence, then can't follow it up with any facts other than to say that it has now conveniently gone to the FBI.

Why do you think Giuliani neglected to release any verifiable evidence?
    Present a believable argument why Giuliani would not release the smoking gun that he had?

As it is, it will be months before any investigation can be properly completed and information released.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭iliketomoveit

Overheal wrote: »
    So you have no actual idea for how he could launder the money. Because I don’t see him buying any other money pit mansions? How are you claiming he funneled $3M?

I have no idea how he would do it. Perhaps he would wait until retired from political office. I'm sure it's a solvable problem though

Graham wrote: »
    Giuliani press release?

Speaking of him that full Borat exchange is not flattering. He really did seem to think he was getting into some kink the way he touched your one and was drinking up a storm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭Cody montana

He also called BLM a bunch of Instagram virtue signalers in that interview

They are really trying hard to appeal to people.

I have no idea how he would do it. Perhaps he would wait until retired from political office. I'm sure it's a solvable problem though

So because hypothetically it could happen long after he’s president, maybe, in theory, people shouldn’t vote for him?

Trump is demonstrably funneling money to himself right. Now. Why wouldn’t I vote him out so?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,770 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Biden stretches lead in Michigan, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania according to new polls.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/522718-biden-stretches-lead-over-trump-in-mich-wis-and-penn-poll

+10 now in Michigan. +9 in Wisconsin and +8 in Pennsylvania. Leads have roughly doubled since similar polling in September.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 5,996 ✭✭✭hometruths

Graham wrote: »
    Giuliani press release?

New York Times discuss it here.
    Mr. Biden previously lived for 21 years in a 10,000-square-foot former DuPont mansion in Greenville, which he bought in 1975 for $185,000 after learning it was slated for demolition.

After extensive renovations, he sold it in February 1996, through word of mouth, to John R. Cochran III, the vice chairman of MBNA, one of the nation’s largest credit card companies. He agreed to pay Mr. Biden’s full asking price, $1.2 million. MBNA reimbursed Mr. Cochran for a loss he took on the sale of his old home, according to a 1997 securities filing, which said the company requested that he move to Delaware from Maryland.

Mr. Cochran, who still lives at the house, could not be reached for comment.

The real estate deal was just one facet of a close relationship between Mr. Biden and MBNA, which donated more than $200,000 to his campaigns. The Delaware-based company gave a job to Mr. Biden’s son Hunter; flew Senator Biden and his wife to the Maine coast, where Mr. Biden spoke at a company retreat; and its former chief executive, Charles M. Cawley, donated at least $22,500 to a nonprofit breast cancer fund started by Jill Biden.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

schmittel wrote: »

can you clarify where it says he sold it for more than it was worth?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Speaking of him that full Borat exchange is not flattering. He really did seem to think he was getting into some kink the way he touched your one and was drinking up a storm.

Yeah, watched the movie at the weekend and my partner, who has no interest in the US election, was cringing at his creepy carry on.

What I found even more sinister though, was Giuliani's insistence during his 'interview' that China deliberately manufactured the virus and knowingly spread it. He's a truly lost cause at this stage. His reputation is in absolute tatters.

Yeah they do:
    There is nothing to suggest Mr. Biden bent any rules in the sale, purchase and financing of his homes. Rather, he appears to have benefited at times from the simple fact of who he is: a United States senator, not just “Amtrak Joe,” the train-riding everyman that the Obama-Biden campaign has deployed to rally middle-class voters.

“He was a V.I.P., so he was treated accordingly by the bank,” said Ronald Tennant, a former loan officer who handled the mortgages Mr. Biden used to build his house. The bank did not give him a below-market interest rate, a perk that has caused embarrassment for some other members of Congress. But, Mr. Tennant said, “We paid particularly close attention to make sure everything came out right.”

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

He's leaving it a bit bloody late to live the high life on all his ill gotten gains then isn't he??

That's the bit I don't get here.

He's supposed to have all this cash salted away - For what , where is it?

Everything in his current lifestyle can be supported by his legally reported income.

What's the big plan for the money???

Coke & Hookers in retirement...At 82 (or maybe even 86) years old?

Leave it to his kids - Who already have it according to the conspiracy theory?

WHY would he do this , what for?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 192 ✭✭Deshawn

Joe Biden talking about the importance of the current election and the consequences of four more years of George as president

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

That would be a no then

• Registered Users Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Is buying a house living in it for over 20 years and selling it for a profit, leaving aside the refurbishment costs really something someone is suggesting as suspicious?

That article is careful not to say it was sold for more than it was worth. The New York Times says Joe is as clean as a whistle:
    And the acquisition of his waterfront property a decade ago involved wealthy businessmen and campaign supporters, some of them bankers with an interest in legislation before the Senate, who bought his old house for top dollar, sold him four acres at cost and lent him $500,000 to build his new home.

It was the Russians who told me the price the banker paid was more than the house was worth.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,770 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Deshawn wrote: »
    Joe Biden talking about the importance of the current election and the consequences of four more years of George as president

Yawn

https://twitter.com/TheDailyShow/status/1320711519513042944

I read there was some question that the banker who bought it (senior at bank Hunter worked at, and big donor to Joe) paid over market value for the house.
    That article is careful not to say it was sold for more than it was worth. The New York Times says Joe is as clean as a whistle:

It was the Russians who told me the price the banker paid was more than the house was worth.

so when you said that the banker who bought it paid over market value for the house you were just making stuff up? there is a word for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

Who else would he borrow money from if not bankers?

The Russian government, like Trump?

• Advertisement

Okay then. NYT makes it clear the guy paid the list price the Bidens put up on the property. So I don’t see the problem, other than Biden got VIP treatment from the bank, which is neither an aberration nor evidence of laundering $3 million from Ukraine decades after the sale.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 192 ✭✭Deshawn

Will the daily show be making a clip for Bidens gaffes too or is it only Trumps that warrant media attention?

Deshawn wrote: »
    Will the daily show be making a clip for Bidens gaffes too or is it only Trumps that warrant media attention?

It’s not Bidens position to attack Trump for gaffes.

The Daily Show has always and will continue to use its platform to call out folks for their hypocrisy. That’s the joy with all these throwback vids to Obamas “scandals” too, highlighting the things right wing media was apoplectic about then that they wouldn’t bat an eyelid at under Trump for example

I’m sure if Biden made a campaign issue out of Trumps gaffes he would receive similar look in the mirror treatment.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,043 ✭✭✭✭briany

Jesus!

That really sums it up - he gives no specifics while saying everything about the character of the Trump administration.

"If you're poor, it's your fault. We've given you all the tools. They're in that box."

"That box only has a rusty spanner in it."

"We've given you all the tools."

so when you said that the banker who bought it paid over market value for the house you were just making stuff up? there is a word for that.

I am not making anything up.

I said there is a question of whether or not the MBNA banker paid more than it was worth.

There is certainly a question.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭iliketomoveit

So because hypothetically it could happen long after he’s president, maybe, in theory, people shouldn’t vote for him?

Trump is demonstrably funneling money to himself right. Now. Why wouldn’t I vote him out so?

You're putting words in my mouth. I said that he wasn't fit for office, I didn't say that Trump was either. And I didn't say who to vote for. Although I would be a Trump voter

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    He's leaving it a bit bloody late to live the high life on all his ill gotten gains then isn't he??

That's the bit I don't get here.

He's supposed to have all this cash salted away - For what , where is it?

Everything in his current lifestyle can be supported by his legally reported income.

What's the big plan for the money???

Coke & Hookers in retirement...At 82 (or maybe even 86) years old?

Leave it to his kids - Who already have it according to the conspiracy theory?

WHY would he do this , what for?

I don't know what his plans would be or why he would do it. I'm not sure that's the important part though

I said there is a question of whether or not the MBNA banker paid more than it was worth.

Not really no.

Maybe there *was* a question in 2008, 12 years ago, but as your 2008 article shows everything was above board, at most he was regarded as a VIP.

You brought this up in a roundabout way to suggest he is laundering $3M from Ukraine and it doesn’t make sense sorry.

Smee_Again wrote: »
    Who else would he borrow money from if not bankers?

The Russian government, like Trump?

This particular banker bought his house, he did not lend him money.

The money he borrowed was to assist in the building of the new house, on land which he bought from another campaign supporter at a suspiciously (to some) low valuation - this has been explained by the fact that the market in that area was soft at the time.

the question exists only in your own mind i.e. you made it up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

This particular banker bought his house, he did not lend him money.

The money he borrowed was to assist in the building of the new house, on land which he bought from another campaign supporter at a suspiciously (to some) low valuation - this has been explained by the fact that the market in that area was soft at the time.

Many people say...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement