Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Ultimate battle for the fate of our universe (pt 3)Read OP 01/11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 5,996 ✭✭✭hometruths

Overheal wrote: »
    Not really no.

Maybe there *was* a question in 2008, 12 years ago, but as your 2008 article shows everything was above board, at most he was regarded as a VIP.

You brought this up in a roundabout way to suggest he is laundering $3M from Ukraine and it doesn’t make sense sorry.

Disinformation. I brought it up in passing as a reply to somebody else who suggested he was laundering money by paying cash for the refurb.

What i was suggesting was nothing to do with Ukraine. I was floating the idea of suspicious payments much closer to home.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,566 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

schmittel wrote: »
    Disinformation. I brought it up in passing as a reply to somebody else who suggested he was laundering money by paying cash for the refurb.

What i was suggesting was nothing to do with Ukraine. I was floating the idea of suspicious payments much closer to home.

Well, as I said it is not really still an issue. Covered in 2008 regarding a home sold decades ago in the last century.

Smee_Again wrote: »
    Many people say...

These are facts.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

These are facts.

can you point to these facts? I dont see any facts in the NYT articles that supports what you say.

Overheal wrote: »
    Well, as I said it is not really still an issue. Covered in 2008 regarding a home sold decades ago in the last century.

Certainly doesn't bother me. Would be surprising if he didn't crank out every advantage possible to maximise profits from his property deals.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

I am not making anything up.

I said there is a question of whether or not the MBNA banker paid more than it was worth.

There is certainly a question.

It says a lot for the existing conspiracy theories that you're finding yourself inventing new ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

These are facts.

No, you just said you floated the idea of the over payment on the house.

Hardly a fact if you’re the one floating the idea decades later.

Graham wrote: »
    It says a lot for the existing conspiracy theories that you're finding yourself inventing new ones.

These questions were raised in 2008. They are not new.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

These questions were raised in 2008. They are not new.

and yet nothing you've linked to thus far supports that.

Shocker

can you point to these facts? I dont see any facts in the NYT articles that supports what you say.

Do you see anything in the post below that is not a fact:
    This particular banker bought his house, he did not lend him money.

The money he borrowed was to assist in the building of the new house, on land which he bought from another campaign supporter at a suspiciously (to some) low valuation - this has been explained by the fact that the market in that area was soft at the time.

That is the post that was quoted with "many people say" that I responded to saying these are facts.

• Advertisement

Graham wrote: »
    and yet nothing you've linked to thus far supports that.

Shocker

The date in article rather supports that!

Or are you saying these questions were never raised and I am just inventing them today?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

So using facts from those articles, Hunter served on the board for a Ukrainian energy company, who paid him millions of dollars during the time his father was serving as VP, directing policies specifically to Ukraine.

Does that not scream corruption? Why would they pay him millions if Biden wasn't involved?

The fact that there is no "proof" - sure, there may not be a paper trail, but absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Say what you want about Trump, but in my view that's enough to rule Biden out

Ah yeah, sure who needs proof?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

You're putting words in my mouth. I said that he wasn't fit for office, I didn't say that Trump was either. And I didn't say who to vote for. Although I would be a Trump voter

I don't know what his plans would be or why he would do it. I'm not sure that's the important part though

It sort of is though. It's pretty much the central question.

People take bribes or under the table payments for a reason.

Usually because they need the money - They are in debt or perhaps want to fund a lifestyle that is beyond their current means.

They don't do it for the laugh.

Biden isn't in debt and he's not living a lifestyle that is obviously beyond his reported needs. So again , why would he do it?

The suggestion is that a % of any money that Hunter Biden was to make from various deals was actually for Joe , but it would be in Hunters name.

Why? What's the money for? When does he plan to spend it?

He's 78 years old and as was shown by his IRS reported earnings from 2016 to 2018 , he has plenty of ways to earn lots of money legally and above board via the typical "Book deal and public speaking" route used by all previous US high office holders. So again , Why??

It just doesn't make sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Smee_Again wrote: »
    Who are you to call a lid (whatever that is) on anything?

The facts are that a republican led investigation cleared the Bidens of any wrongdoing but some posters refuse to accept that with one even saying they are guilty until proven innocent something that is almost impossible to do (can’t prove a negative after all).

A lid is what Biden has called for almost the entire last two weeks of the election, ending his public in-person engagements.

Yea you're right what the other person was saying is too much imo but I happened to see that same point in two posts in two pages that I've seen repeated a lot before. It is not really relevant if the whole reason we're talking about Biden's corruption is that there's been a new development, a massive amount of information, people on the record, corroborated emails etc. yet apparently there it's beneath the press to cover it.
    astrofool wrote: »
    Follow what happened, Giuliani acquired a laptop (in somewhat unbelievable circumstances, but assume he has it), then instead of releasing verifiable evidence, specifically releases unverifiable evidence, then can't follow it up with any facts other than to say that it has now conveniently gone to the FBI.

Why do you think Giuliani neglected to release any verifiable evidence?
    Present a believable argument why Giuliani would not release the smoking gun that he had?

As it is, it will be months before any investigation can be properly completed and information released.

Like I said, at least tell me what your theory is, what you say is fake or made up etc. There are intimate photos of hunter and emails that have been corroborated, so it's important to understand what you're claiming is going on.

Yes unbelievable circumstances that not even the Biden's deny and made much less unbelievable by the character and personal history of a known crack addict who is deeply irresponsible. Crack isn't some casual endeavour. If it was any normal person, like not a 50 year old who smokes crack all the time and abuses alcohol and other drugs (got kicked from the military for drugs too) then I would be absolutely be with you on that point. But it isn't a normal person, it's Hunter Biden. (It's not necessarily his fault either so it's not a moral judgement).

Didn't he leave drugs and a pipe in a rental car for example? You also have a person on the record saying he left the laptop there. Which doesn't mean it's true on it's own, but in context it is another thing that NO press outlet would ignore under any other circumstances (think Trump's son or similar).

The thing is, *if* Biden loses we will see a lot of sudden journalistic curiosity as they try to claw back their credibility because I know all those newsrooms know what's there - deadly serious stuff, almost unlimited vectors of attack/investigation. Some people have really convinced themselves the press's excuse is valid but it just doesn't make sense especially in the light of hundreds of stories from the last few years re: Trump.

*Just as a thought experiment, if the Bidens even through surrogates released evidence Hunter was in California at the time, they could absolutely blow the entire thing open. And there's so many similar points at which they could have ended it immediately if it's such a crazy fake hatchet job.

Do you see anything in the post below that is not a fact:

That is the post that was quoted with "many people say" that I responded to saying these are facts.

can you point out what part of that confirms that the banker paid over the odds for the house they bought from biden? I'm not seeing anything there that is the least bit suspicious.

A lid is what Biden has called for almost the entire last two weeks of the election, ending his public in-person engagements.

Yea you're right what the other person was saying is too much imo but I happened to see that same point in two posts in two pages that I've seen repeated a lot before. It is not really relevant if the whole reason we're talking about Biden's corruption is that there's been a new development, a massive amount of information, people on the record, corroborated emails etc. yet apparently there it's beneath the press to cover it.

no other news organisation has been able to corroborate the emails. Rudy is keeping them to himself.

What? No he hasn’t. Yesterday:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

His son was on the board of a Ukrainian energy company whilst Biden was involved in the Obama administrations Ukraine policy. The "laptop from hell' now suggests Biden may have been a beneficiary of that. His ex-military business partner has confirmed this is the case.

The mainstream media have applied a double standard for him vs. Trump on that. Can you imagine if something similar was found on the Trump side?

His ex-military business partner confirmed that Biden “may have been a beneficiary”? Well that is a smoking gun right there. Muchos convincing.

I’m so glad that this desperate mud-slinging is being met with indifference.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Like I said, at least tell me what your theory is, what you say is fake or made up etc. There are intimate photos of hunter and emails that have been corroborated, so it's important to understand what you're claiming is going on.

Yes unbelievable circumstances that not even the Biden's deny and made much less unbelievable by the character and personal history of a known crack addict who is deeply irresponsible. Crack isn't some casual endeavour. If it was any normal person, like not a 50 year old who smokes crack all the time and abuses alcohol and other drugs (got kicked from the military for drugs too) then I would be absolutely be with you on that point. But it isn't a normal person, it's Hunter Biden. (It's not necessarily his fault either so it's not a moral judgement).

Didn't he leave drugs and a pipe in a rental car for example? You also have a person on the record saying he left the laptop there. Which doesn't mean it's true on it's own, but in context it is another thing that NO press outlet would ignore under any other circumstances (think Trump's son or similar).

The thing is, *if* Biden loses we will see a lot of sudden journalistic curiosity as they try to claw back their credibility because I know all those newsrooms know what's there - deadly serious stuff, almost unlimited vectors of attack/investigation. Some people have really convinced themselves the press's excuse is valid but it just doesn't make sense especially in the light of hundreds of stories from the last few years re: Trump.

I think that some data was hacked from Biden - The photos and perhaps some of the emails.

These were then fabricated into the infamous "laptop" along with fake content.

We now have Lev Parnas saying that those same emails that Guiliani claims to have gotten from the laptop were being shopped around the Ukraine in return for help out of legal difficulties by one of the local Oligarchs almost 18 months ago.
    President Donald Trump's personal lawyer Rudy Giuliani was offered salacious photos and other documents belonging to Joe Biden’s son Hunter in the spring of 2019, earlier than previously known, according to one of Giuliani's closest former associates.

And the alleged offer came from an intriguing source: a Ukrainian oligarch looking for help with a potential legal jam.

The claim made by Lev Parnas, a Ukrainian-born businessman who was indicted last year on campaign finance charges, raises new questions about the provenance of the materials Giuliani has said he obtained recently from a computer repair shop in Delaware — and that he is now touting to accuse the Democratic nominee of corruption.

Parnas, who collaborated with Giuliani on the former New York mayor’s quest to find damaging information on the Bidens beginning in late 2018, now says that similar materials were being offered to Giuliani just weeks after Joe Biden launched his presidential run.

“It was May 30, 2019 when we first heard about this stuff,” Parnas said in an interview this week.

So , some of the content is real (as is required for a good smear job) and some is fake and Hunter Biden did not bring that laptop to the blind Trump Supporter.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

polls tightening a tiny bit the last week. only a week to go and with 60 million or so already voted much too little too late for trump.

530710.JPG

• Advertisement

no other news organisation has been able to corroborate the emails. Rudy is keeping them to himself.

And in fact the only thing that all of the News organisations including Fox, can agree on is that the emails do not show ANY evidence of Joe Biden being involved in anything illegal or untoward.

can you point out what part of that confirms that the banker paid over the odds for the house they bought from biden? I'm not seeing anything there that is the least bit suspicious.

That is not a fact, nor did I claim it as such. That is a question that has been raised in the past.

That is not a fact, nor did I claim it as such. That is a question that has been raised in the past.

raised by who? can you show who raised it? I have only seen it raised by you. You linked to a NYT article when challenged on it but the article does not support what you say.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

the hunter biden stuff is beyond dumb. the main point being it's not about joe biden himself, but his son who everyone knows struggled with drug abuse. even if a fraction of the stuff is true, it has little potential to change votes.

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    I think that some data was hacked from Biden - The photos and perhaps some of the emails.

We now have Lev Parnas saying that those same emails that Guiliani claims to have gotten from the laptop were being shopped around the Ukraine in return for help out of legal difficulties by one of the local Oligarchs almost 18 months ago.

So , some of the content is real (as is required for a good smear job) and some is fake and Hunter Biden did not bring that laptop to the blind Trump Supporter.

According to that they believe most of the hacked materials were compromised in 2014 when Hunter traveled to Kazakstan.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Quin_Dub wrote: »

Now that's more like it! I hope if something like that is true it comes to light, at least it's something.

I just want to draw attention to the fact that media outlets say they won't cover it because it's fake, russian disinformation. But they will immediately start covering it when someone says what they want! No complaints that that's his claim and that it's unverified. Which is fine, but it's inconsistent.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,597 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

eagle eye wrote: »
    That's not an answer to what that post says.
    Seriously why do you have to deflect all the time?

Why are Hunters finances and business dealings so important to you seeing as he isn't running for office.

Meanwhile trumps kids get paid millions, they get into position of power withing the government with no prior experience and younall just shrug shoulders and say nothing.

raised by who? can you show who raised it? I have only seen it raised by you. You linked to a NYT article when challenged on it but the article does not support what you say.

With all due respect you are starting to sound a bit silly suggesting I am making this up:
    While their earnings probably would not be enough to purchase their Greenville estate today, the Bidens have managed to live in such splendor partly because of two financially rewarding real estate deals with political supporters.

https://eu.delawareonline.com/story/news/politics/joe-biden/2020/10/20/analysis-how-biden-made-large-profit-sale-his-house-2008-archive-article/5996458002/

• Registered Users Posts: 25,597 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Biden bought a fixer upper mansion for 185k in 1974 that he sold for 1.2m in 1996. Paying contractors in cash to do refurbish a house like that would be a solid way to launder money.

I'm not saying that he did that, there's no "proof", but a scheme like that could be one of many ways

So you're saying he took 22 years to launder a million dollars? Wow!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,770 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

MAGA goes shopping.

https://twitter.com/ProjectLincoln/status/1320732309255905280

By Nov 4th they won't feel so enabled by the ponce in the White House.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement