Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Ultimate battle for the fate of our universe (pt 3)Read OP 01/11

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Lol. He’s actually pulling out of the debate.

What a little bitch.

And yet some of the bitch’s supporters were hell-bent that Biden wouldn’t make it to the debates and Biden was on drugs and Biden was the one losing his mind.

It’s fantastic to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,696 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Faugheen wrote: »

What a little bitch.

And yet some of the bitch’s supporters were hell-bent that Biden wouldn’t make it to the debates and Biden was on drugs and Biden was the one losing his mind.

It’s fantastic to watch.

No, it's encouraging to watch.

What will be fantastic to watch will be a documentary about the 2020 Presidential election at Christmas 'IF' Biden is the winner.

If Biden stays healthy, I think he wins, I'm still nervous that he will pick up Covid 19 leading to Trump being returned.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

Saw this in a few outlets today:

Biden Says Second Debate Should Be Canceled If Trump Still Has Covid

https://www.forbes.com/sites/andrewsolender/2020/10/06/biden-says-second-debate-should-be-canceled-if-trump-still-has-covid/#50f02b58d30e

Personally, I would see it as a sign of weakness if my candidate pushed to cancel a debate. There are plenty of ways to have a debate that pose very little risk to anyone. What are your thoughts?

LOLs :p, I wonder, will there be a new poster on boards tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Hardly now

No seriously, they can carry some very strong side effects. My husband was prescribed a low dose of them for just a few days and was amped up the whole time.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,364 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

LOLs :p, I wonder, will there be a new poster on boards tonight.

Ah I’d give him the benefit of the doubt, he’s been posting with the same account throughout. There plenty of others that can be thrown at.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I say let them swallow/snort/insert/inject whatever they were both on a couple of months back and let them crack on. Put the two of them in a room on their own with just a couple of cameras and a couple of mics.

Trump doesn't want a virtual debate as it greatly diminishes his ability to exude power, strength and authority.

Trump has never exuded any of those things? Which Trump are you talking about?
    Faugheen wrote: »

What a little bitch.

It’s fantastic to watch.

And now they rush to defend trump pulling out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭golfball37

It’s an ingenious move by the Don. Let Biden off on his own and he’ll show himself up to have nothing going for him. Trump didn’t help himself in first debate and Joe looked like he had manners so came across better. When floaters realize he is just another Washington swamp dweller they’ll change their mind on him.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Hardly now
    No seriously, they can carry some very strong side effects. My husband was prescribed a low dose of them for just a few days and was amped up the whole time.

And Dexamethazone , which is the one he was prescribed , is known for having impacts on mental health.

Listed in the "More Common" side effects are

• Aggression
    • agitation
    • anxiety
    • blurred vision
    • decrease in the amount of urine
    • dizziness
    • fast, slow, pounding, or irregular heartbeat or pulse
    • headache
    • irritability
    • mental depression
    • mood changes
    • nervousness
    • noisy, rattling breathing
    • numbness or tingling in the arms or legs
    • pounding in the ears
    • swelling of the fingers, hands, feet, or lower legs
    • trouble thinking, speaking, or walking
    • troubled breathing at rest
    • weight gain

Take a look at his Twitter feed over the last few days and see how many of the above you can tick off based on the tone and tenor of those tweets.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭joseywhales

Anybody know what time results will start filtering in on election night?

So you can baracade the doors before all hell breaks loose?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

MadYaker wrote: »
    Trump has never exuded any of those things? Which Trump are you talking about?

And now they rush to defend trump pulling out.

And as if by magic , we get......
    golfball37 wrote: »
    It’s an ingenious move by the Don. Let Biden off on his own and he’ll show himself up to have nothing going for him. Trump didn’t help himself in first debate and Joe looked like he had manners so came across better. When floaters realize he is just another Washington swamp dweller they’ll change their mind on him.

Riiight....

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

not really. high doses of steroids can make you feel like you can walk through walls

What a complete dumb idiotic thing to say.

Its clear you know little on steroids....the clue is in the name steroids...as in plural.

There are more than one kind, the type he would be on would not be anabolic, the ones that can lead to roid rage, euphoria, and your feelings as you say, walk through wall.

Why would trump be prescribed them ? oh wait, he would, but like so many, why let things like facts get in the way.

If he was prescribed steroids it would most likely be prednisone or prednisolone or some type like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,802 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Anybody know what time results will start filtering in on election night?

Apparently it will be more of an election week as they don't expect to have all/majority the votes counted on the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭joseywhales

golfball37 wrote: »

Wait, Biden has the option of doing the debate on his own?

Game .set. match.

"Your president didn't even have the respect for the american people to debate how he plans to govern if reelected, I suppose it's unsurprising given his lack caring for americans during this covid crisis"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

salmocab wrote: »
    Ah I’d give him the benefit of the doubt, he’s been posting with the same account throughout. There plenty of others that can be thrown at.

I fully expect him back, just oozing in the schadenfreude a bit. I'd expect the same in return.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

Its clear you know little on steroids....the clue is in the name steroids...as in plural.

There are more than one kind, the type he would be on would not be anabolic, the ones that can lead to roid rage, euphoria, and your feelings as you say, walk through wall.

Why would trump be prescribed them ? oh wait, he would, but like so many, why let things like facts get in the way.

If he was prescribed steroids it would most likely be prednisone or prednisolone or some type like that.

LOL people thinking Trump will come in like the Ultimate Warrior. :pac:

Aaaah, it's clear that YOU don't know much about steroids. They don't need to be anabolic. The type of steroid he was on causes many people to get a type of euphoria, even at low doses. Very frequent side effects are loss of appetite, insomnia and a high feeling. I was unusual in NOT having those symptoms when I was on dexamethasone which was the type Trump was on, though other corticosteroids also can cause those symptoms.

Do you read the thread before you post?

He was prescribed Dexamethazone - Which lists in it's "More Common" side effects , the following.

• Aggression
    • agitation
    • anxiety
    • blurred vision
    • decrease in the amount of urine
    • dizziness
    • fast, slow, pounding, or irregular heartbeat or pulse
    • headache
    • irritability
    • mental depression
    • mood changes
    • nervousness
    • noisy, rattling breathing
    • numbness or tingling in the arms or legs
    • pounding in the ears
    • swelling of the fingers, hands, feet, or lower legs
    • trouble thinking, speaking, or walking
    • troubled breathing at rest
    • weight gain

So , yeah.. His behaviour and ranting on Twitter in particular over the last 48 hrs or so could certainly be explained by him experiencing some of the side effects highlighted above.

Quin_Dub wrote: »

So , yeah.. His behaviour and ranting on Twitter in particular over the last 48 hrs or so could certainly be explained by him experiencing some of the side effects highlighted above.

It is totally out of character I suppose..

• Registered Users Posts: 22,427 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Let Biden have the two hours of Primetime TV to answer question without Trump if he doesn't want to debate.

It won't be long before the Trump and his team decide to join back into the debate.

Can't let Biden have all the big ratings to himself.
    Nobody would watch that

• Registered Users Posts: 8,559 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Fair enough, I thought it would be with more long-term use

• Advertisement

Aaaah, it's clear that YOU don't know much about steroids. They don't need to be anabolic. The type of steroid he was on cause many people to get a type of high, even at low doses. Very frequent side effects are loss of appetite, insomnia and a high feeling. I was unusual in NOT having those symptoms when I was on dexamethasone.

I was on both the types I mentioned in my post, and bar a little weight gain due to an increased appeitite, they had zero effect on me, my sleep pattern, my mood, etc, which my wife also noticed.

Its this myth that because a 70odd year old was given tablets, he must therefore as one on here said "feel like he is walking through walls".

This is typical, trump gets a tablet or two and suddenly he has roid rage or whatever.
    I can only imagine what the older and more frail biden is popping. Maybe he is doped to the eyeballs.

The point is the same things to bash one candidate, can be used to bash the others, but people so biased to one side they cannot see that.

I would be surprised if both were not on plenty of medication of some sort

• Registered Users Posts: 15,663 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

I was on both the types I mentioned in my post, and bar a little weight gain due to an increased appeitite, they had zero effect on me, my sleep pattern, my mood, etc, which my wife also noticed.

Its this myth that because a 70odd year old was given tablets, he must therefore as one on here said "feel like he is walking through walls".

This is typical, trump gets a tablet or two and suddenly he has roid rage or whatever.
    I can only imagine what the older and more frail biden is popping. Maybe he is doped to the eyeballs.

The point is the same things to bash one candidate, can be used to bash the others, but people so biased to one side they cannot see that.

I would be surprised if both were not on plenty of medication of some sort

You do know that your experience does not mean it is the same for everyone. You have a test base of 1. These drug companies test across thousands, with varying conditions (fit, unfit, old, you'd, very sick, less sick etc etc).

What medication is Biden on?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,585 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Akrasia wrote: »
    Nobody would watch that

I would

It is totally out of character I suppose..

I would describe it as an amplification of his usual behaviour - dialled up to 11 if you will.

I think that he is still quite unwell (how could he not be?) and the pressure on him must be immense, so his baser self is coming out.

He badly behind in the polls , vast numbers of people are already casting their votes , he's stuck in the WH unable to do a whole lot about it and he's lashing out.

Nothing is going right for him and he simply cannot understand why.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,761 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Foxtrol wrote: »
    Unfortunately, that was a question. It shows the quality of the shows and people that Trump likes to work with.

Found the clip (second one).

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1314176161363226625?s=20

"Mr Mask we'd call him"

:rolleyes:

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    and the pressure on him must be immense, so his baser self is coming out.

So you're admitting there's a part of him that isn't base?

Leroy42 wrote: »
    You do know that your experience does not mean it is the same for everyone. You have a test base of 1. These drug companies test across thousands, with varying conditions (fit, unfit, old, you'd, very sick, less sick etc etc).

What medication is Biden on?

you just proved my point.

We already had one member on the thread who has claimed to have taken the same drug as Trump supposedly had, and he got no side effects he was aware of, so its possible trump may have not got them either.

The fact is you dont know, nor I or any other person who thinks they are a doctor how it is affecting his mood, if at all.

Its just speculation , but trump haters dont care about facts, the speculation alone is all they need as an excuse to stick the boot in on Trump.

This utter nonsense of walking through walls and roid rage is typical of the speculation based nonsense that trump haters will use.

The thing is there are plenty of facts that can be used against him without resorting to speculation.

I didn't get those side effects either but a lot of people do. I know many cancer patients and there are frequent complaints about their appetite, their insomnia and just generally being amped up. Not everyone gets the side effects of a drug. Steroids are very potent which is why they are prescribed as they are a good drug to throw at many problems.

My husband was on corticosteroids for only a few days at a low dose and got those side effects.

• Advertisement

I've been on corticosteroids pretty regularly in last decade. They do result in adrenaline and plenty of mental health issues too. As you wean off of them, the side effects go away but can result in exhaustion and other such side effects. Recovery time from their side effects can take months too. So just because you didn't experience these side effects, doesn't mean others don't. The quantity of the dose also increases likelihood.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement