Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Ultimate battle for the fate of our universe (pt 3)Read OP 01/11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,566 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

schmittel wrote: »
    Fair enough. Asked and answered as you say. Good enough to close the topic for a boards.ie forum.

But I wonder if the topic is closed for those voters in the US who think that Biden used his VP position for financial gain.

I am a voter in the US and for me I’m infinitely less worried about whether the bank didn’t haggle on the list price of Bidens home in 1996 than I am the fact that, right now for instance, the President of the United States is using his personal business to siphon millions of taxpayer dollars to himself, including at last count just a couple weeks ago of $1.1M from the secret service for room and board at his properties.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/secret-service-spending-bedminster/2020/09/17/9e11e1c2-f6a0-11ea-be57-d00bb9bc632d_story.html

Not to mention the $40M per year that is funneled in through his hotel in DC, millions of which is from foreign governments

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-made-millions-last-year-from-his-hotel-near-the-white-house-2019-5

So speaking as an American voter let me tell you straight up, Bidens sale of a $1M home in 1996 after he spent 22 years renovating it does not factor into my election calculus 24 years later. Go away with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭RWCNT

On the whole Biden mistaking Trump for Bush... I found this hilarious, Trump ROASTS Biden at a rally... "He called me George, I don't know if I should be insulted or happy about it??"

I feel that Biden is a total idiot, more gaffs to come I'm sure!

Biden is certainly gaffe-heavy, but the "George" he was referring to was George Lopez, who was interviewing him at the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Do you find this hilarious too? Will you watch this short clip of Trump misspronouncing the names of people (some sitting right next to him) and give your thoughts on it? Or will you ignore it again and run away?

Not as funny, but still pretty funny, thanks for sharing.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,597 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Not as funny, but still pretty funny, thanks for sharing.

So you agree that Trump is an idiot?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Do you find this hilarious too? Will you watch this short clip of Trump misspronouncing the names of people (some sitting right next to him) and give your thoughts on it? Or will you ignore it again and run away?

Can't we just all stop pretending gaffes aren't a thing. They happen to everyone, I've never seen such feverish defence of them before this week. Joe's aren't just gaffes either, he frequently short-circuits. Some say Trump has mini-strokes but it is much less often if they are strokes.

• Advertisement

Can't we just all stop pretending gaffes aren't a thing. They happen to everyone, I've never seen such feverish defence of them before this week. Joe's aren't just gaffes either, he frequently short-circuits. Some say Trump has mini-strokes but it is much less often if they are strokes.

Biden has a lifelong stammer, he often struggles over words, whats Trump's excuse?

RWCNT wrote: »
    Biden is certainly gaffe-heavy, but the "George" he was referring to was George Lopez, who was interviewing him at the time.

No, wrong. He said "four more years of George eh... George eh...." The IDIOT was clearly referring to Trump...

No, wrong. He said "four more years of George eh... George eh...." The IDIOT was clearly referring to Trump...

Trump misspelled his own wife's name :pac:

That many divorces he probably forgets who he is with at this stage.

The man has a stammer and he was talking to George Lopez.

It’s a real shame how normalized it’s become to attack people’s disabilities.

Trump misspelled his own wife's name :pac:

That many divorces he probably forgets who he is with at this stage.

Well if you follow the Two Melanias theory..

• Advertisement

Overheal wrote: »

That's a pathetic straw man, I have come to expect better from you Overheal...

That's a pathetic straw man, I have come to expect better from you Overheal...

I’m sorry but what’s a strawman, here.

You just attacked the guy for his speech impediment and screamed, and I quote you here, you used the phrase, “IDIOT,” to describe him.

No straw men here. Everyone can see what you wrote.

Oh the humanity!

I've never heard of how stammering/stuttering causes you to mix up what place you're in or causes you to replace names of people etc...

A speech flow issue isn't causing all these gaffes.

I’m sorry but what’s a strawman, here.

You just attacked the guy for his speech impediment and screamed, and I quote you here, you used the phrase, “IDIOT,” to describe him.

No straw men here. Everyone can see what you wrote.

Your getting desperate because defeat for your precious Joe is imminent. You usually take the weekend off too, funny that you have been battling hard for the whole weekend! Biden is a complete idiot, I don't care if he has a speech impediment (one would barely know he has one anyway).

He should not be forgetting his opponents name, speech impediments do not make one forgetful! Go and educate yourself as to what a speech impediment is please

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 5,996 ✭✭✭hometruths

I am a voter in the US and for me I’m infinitely less worried about whether the bank didn’t haggle on the list price of Bidens home in 1996 than I am the fact that, right now for instance, the President of the United States is using his personal business to siphon millions of taxpayer dollars to himself, including at last count just a couple weeks ago of $1.1M from the secret service for room and board at his properties.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/secret-service-spending-bedminster/2020/09/17/9e11e1c2-f6a0-11ea-be57-d00bb9bc632d_story.html

Not to mention the $40M per year that is funneled in through his hotel in DC, millions of which is from foreign governments

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-made-millions-last-year-from-his-hotel-near-the-white-house-2019-5

So speaking as an American voter let me tell you straight up, Bidens sale of a $1M home in 1996 after he spent 22 years renovating it does not factor into my election calculus 24 years later. Go away with that.

Fair enough, it doesn’t bother you, but there are plenty of voters who do think biden get rich off his position, no doubt some who think he has done so more than Trump.

Whether it affects their vote remains to be seen.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Oh the humanity!

I've never heard of how stammering/stuttering causes you to mix up what place you're in or causes you to replace names of people etc...

Actually - It sort of does in this case.

He says

"Four more years of....." He might have being going to say "Trump" or maybe "this divisive presidency" or in fact any other statement starting with "Four more years of" - It's not a given that he was going to say Trump next.

So , the stammer kicks in and causes him to lose the line and as is the practice from stammerers , he uses another word to "centre" himself - The name of the guy he's talking to.. George , he says it twice with a bit of a verbal flub in between again driven by the stammer.

He then says what he was going to say , or maybe takes an easier path and says Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,770 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Oh the humanity!

Tell us about Trump's public speaking eloquence.

You guys come on, lie through your teeth, take the public for idiots like we don't know what Trump is.

Everyone knows what Trump is. That is why he is losing so heavily.

You are only debasing yourself if you are a supporter (I doubt it).

I know some posters are just having a laugh. Fair enough.

Don't pretend we don't know the dysfunctional incompetent infantile corrupt authoritarian nature of Trump.

We do.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,735 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Go and educate yourself as to what a speech impediment is please

Go and look up different ways speech impediments can be dealt with yourself first, you're almost as bad as Trump at mocking disabilities, but I get that is par for the course in the world you inhabit.

astrofool wrote: »
    Go and look up different ways speech impediments can be dealt with yourself first, you're almost as bad as Trump at mocking disabilities, but I get that is par for the course in the world you inhabit.

The claim is he has a stutter/stammer, which doesn't explain away all his ****ups. This feigned outrage is incredible, if he wasn't making substantive mistakes regularly they wouldn't be called gaffes, they wouldn't be famous. Jake Tapper learned not to ask about the gaffes despite how obvious they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,319 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Your getting desperate because defeat for your precious Joe is imminent. You usually take the weekend off too, funny that you have been battling hard for the whole weekend! Biden is a complete idiot, I don't care if he has a speech impediment (one would barely know he has one anyway).

He should not be forgetting his opponents name, speech impediments do not make one forgetful! Go and educate yourself as to what a speech impediment is please

With the greatest of respect, I don't think you're in a position to tell anyone here to "educate themselves", considering some of the claims you've made in these threads over the past few months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,666 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

What does it matter? Trump supporters, and the WH pres office, has spent the last 4 years 'interpreting' what Trump means after he says something.

You know what Biden meant, why do you suddenly consider correctness when speaking as something to judge anybody on?

• Site Banned Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭RIGOLO

Could a moderator add ' George' to the thread title .

Sleepy Joe , thinks he is running against some guy called George..
    Joe Biden Confuses President Trump W/ George W Bush: “Because Of Who I’m Running Against…George"

another gaff classic for Joe .
    Now we know why he spends so much time in his basement.

Its elder abuse, I tell ye, elder abuse forcing that man into running for President , hes not up to the task.

RIGOLO wrote: »
    Could a moderator add ' George' to the thread title .

Sleepy Joe , thinks he is running against some guy called George..

another gaff classic for Joe .
    Now we know why he spends so much time in his basement.

Its elder abuse, I tell ye, elder abuse forcing that man into running for President , hes not up to the task.

A raft of gaffes from Trump, says the wrong name even when the person is next to him

Its elder abuse, I tell ye, elder abuse forcing that man into running for President , hes not up to the task

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

The claim is he has a stutter/stammer, which doesn't explain away all his ****ups. This feigned outrage is incredible, if he wasn't making substantive mistakes regularly they wouldn't be called gaffes, they wouldn't be famous. Jake Tapper learned not to ask about the gaffes despite how obvious they are.

It's more the reaction to the feigned level of importance being put to these gaffes really.

He has always been "gaffe-prone" as you rightly say and he has a stammer.

But now all of a sudden those same gaffes that he's been doing for 40 years are concrete evidence of mental decline.

It's the shift in narrative that's the source of frustration.

Are people suggesting that him having always had tendency to say Bob when he meant Dave is a disqualifying behaviour?

Will him stumbling over words from time to time make him more likely to make really terrible policy decision like leaving the Paris Climate Accord or signing executive orders rolling back environmental laws?

Joe Biden plagiarizing Trump by saying "it is what it is"

So Trump's rounded a corner claims on covid appears to be that they have really just rounded the u-bend as the WH COS admits that they have given up any pretence of trying to control it.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/25/politics/mark-meadows-controlling-coronavirus-pandemic-cnntv/index.html

Markets responding accordingly and the Dow down 700 so far.

schmittel wrote: »
    Fair enough, it doesn’t bother you, but there are plenty of voters who do think biden get rich off his position, no doubt some who think he has done so more than Trump.

Whether it affects their vote remains to be seen.

Okay?

Some voters also think Joe Biden and other Dems torture babies so they can drink their adrenaline-addled blood as part of satanic rituals.

“Some who think X” is not any value here.

Going by the polls and exit polling on early voting these people who think Biden got too good of a deal on his house or think he drinks baby blood, aren’t having the sway you seem to assume.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,734 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

We butchered the force present at the airport, we are destroying them.
    – Mohammed Saeed al-Sahaf (better known as Comical Ali) (2003)
    There Are None So Blind As Those Who Will Not See
    - John Heywood (1546)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭Cody montana

DubInMeath wrote: »
    So Trump's rounded a corner claims on covid appears to be that they have really just rounded the u-bend as the WH COF admits that they have given up any pretence of trying to control it.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/25/politics/mark-meadows-controlling-coronavirus-pandemic-cnntv/index.html

Markets responding accordingly and the Dow down 700 so far.

Tomorrow, he'll say they're trying to control it so.

Down 800 points now.

• Advertisement

Joe Biden plagiarizing Trump by saying "it is what it is"

He is directly attacking Trumps “it is what it is” apathy toward hundreds of thousands of dead Americans.

How is this plagiarism?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement