Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Ultimate battle for the fate of our universe (pt 3)Read OP 01/11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,787 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

People posting gaffes as they come in a political campaign! If trump accidentally said he had the best voter fraud organisation there would be pages and pages of it, we'd never hear the end of that one. But people are attacked morally and from almost every angle when major gaffes are posted about Biden.

No there's no shift in narrative. He's always made gaffes but he appears to be slowing down mentally and making a hell of a lot of big mistakes. Check out the difference between him now and just 10 years ago if you don't believe me.
    Considering he comfortably outclassed DonDon in the debates he was supposed to scared of doing how are the Trumpers still trying to beat this decomposed horse?

• Site Banned Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭RIGOLO

Overheal wrote: »
    See this isn't at all like 2016. In 2016 Trump's campaign made solid rejoinders against Hillary Clinton, and Americans were convinced she was crooked by the right deluge of media. These problems plagued the entire election evidence by the 4-5 intersection points in the polls where Trump either was in a heat with Hillary or in some cases polled higher.

That resulted in a lot of voters abstaining, or voting 3rd party, or in some cases voting for Trump as a protest vote against the establishment; Republican and Democrat gridlock persisted for the better part of the past 10 years before Trump. 2 last years of GWB Democrats split the Congress and Bush vetoed an ungodly amount of legislation to keep things cloistered. the last 6 years of Obama we know all about, including blocking of court appointments. So, I definitely appreciated how Trump won over those votes, as the outsider candidate.

But we just don't see that here. We don't see the same energy from broad corners, the excitement of an outsider to shake up Washington. Aside from some rally die hards and boating disasters, that is.

We don't see much excitement about Biden himself but we do see mass excitement for removing Trump from office. He picked up a lot of Obama voters in 2016 that will not make that choice again. Obama voters who, even in 2008, didn't like Hillary.

I'm tempted to suggest that, ordinarily, Biden would win a race like this in a landslide, but the attacks on the election itself leave the whole outcome in limbo.

Well this goes to show how much you know about Biden .. like I say you need more quality than quantity
    he did run .
    he ran twice in 1998 and 2008 and neither time could he even win the DEMOCRAT Nomination

and you think hed win in a landslide, the man couldnt even get nominated twice ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭landofthetree

https://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/political_commentary/commentary_by_brian_joondeph/are_the_polls_trending_for_trump

Huge swing to Trump according to the only polling company that got it right in 2016.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,566 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

BREAKING: President Donald Trump TAKES LEAD Over Joe Biden in Rasmussen Daily ‘White House Watch’ — 4 Point Swing in ONE WEEK

Trump was 12 points behind with Rasmussen in late Sep.

Then down to 3 points. Now ahead.

They were the first to pick up the swing to Donald the last time as well.

Interesting times ahead
    https://mobile.twitter.com/Rasmussen_Poll/status/1320748757814857735

Reported by The Gateway Pundit, a disreputable source, but aside from that a Rasmussen online opinion poll - FiveThirtyEight rates them as C+ as a pollster with a bias toward the right: a mean reverted bias of 1.5 points.

Finally, the poll shows

Trump 48%
    Biden 47%

With a margin of error of +/- 2.5%

So it's frankly humorous that TGP is all but throwing confetti at this poll result. They are desperate for a Trump-positive headline.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

The Economist now saying Trump has a 4% chance of pulling off a victory. FiveThirtyEight moved Biden up to 88% chance based on latest polling and data from record breaking early turnout.

Bit early yet to call it at that level , but not far away to be honest..

Let's see where the polls are sitting in 2-3 days time.

The Fundamentals are just not on Trumps side at this stage though.

All the data says that he needs to be inside a 4% gap in the national polling to be in with a shout via the Electoral college , it's currently double that.

At this point last time out he was already inside the 4% range and closed it to under 3% on the day .

He is absolutely not going to win any states he didn't win last time , so Biden has a cast iron 232 in the bank already.

If you take the swing states - If Trump can get the gap down to a number that is less than about 80% of the available "undecided" bucket he's in the mix.

So , right now , his in play in Florida absolutely and Ohio and maybe Arizona.

Right now though , he is not close to in play in Michigan , Wisconsin or Pennsylvania.

And those 3 are enough to give Biden 278 Electoral college votes - An overall victory.

Like I said , lets see where we sit in 2 or 3 days time , but right now it does not look good for Trump.

• Advertisement

What was the best price that you got at any time?

oh the best price I got at any time
    ohh the best price I got was 25/1 in 2016 .. :D
    these bets are all house money Im using ...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,729 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

RIGOLO wrote: »
    oh the best price I got at any time
    ohh the best price I got was 25/1 in 2016 .. :D
    these bets are all house money Im using ...

:pac::pac::pac:

Sure you are. Every anonymous online gambler is forever doing the same.

8-10 wrote: »
    This is how you plagiarise:

Nearly word for word

Or like how Sleepy Joe did it in 1988.:o

I know it hurts... but dems the facts ...

I got paid money to watch the left have a 4 year melt down ..... and Id have done it for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

As I said before old man in the pub boasting about his winners with trousers held up by twine

• Advertisement

he did run .
    he ran twice in 1998 and 2008 and neither time could he even win the DEMOCRAT Nomination

and you think hed win in a landslide, the man couldnt even get nominated twice ...

I never said he didn't run in those years?

I will explain it for you again.

If all other circumstances were equal but Trump had not jeopardized the integrity of the election by sabotaging the USPS and making an election issue of whether or not an absentee ballot is fraud, etc. then Biden would be heading into an early night next Tuesday given the polling and the enthusiasm for the election (ie. enthusaism for voting Trump out)

my polling place is behind my apartment. It's a small town library. Drove past it just now on my way back from the grocer and there's ever still a line out the door to vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Picked up a bit of Florida and Pennsylvania and been backing in Trump at various prices for a few months now.

I'm with you on Florida but I don't think he wins PA

Or like how Sleepy Joe did it in 1988.:o

32 years ago?

Does it have a snazzy side by side youtube video? Otherwise I don't think it's changing any votes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Higgins5473

'Four more years of George... er, George...'

https://news.sky.com/video/share-12115358

Sweet Jesus, he’s only up against one person. The prospect of either of them is fairly terrifying.

I'm with you on Florida but I don't think he wins PA

Ron DeSantis keeping a million voters disenfranchised will certainly help with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

'Four more years of George... er, George...'

https://news.sky.com/video/share-12115358

Sweet Jesus, he’s only up against one person. The prospect of either of them is fairly terrifying.

Do not attack people for their disabilities!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

BREAKING: President Donald Trump TAKES LEAD Over Joe Biden in Rasmussen Daily ‘White House Watch’ — 4 Point Swing in ONE WEEK

Trump was 12 points behind with Rasmussen in late Sep.

Then down to 3 points. Now ahead.

They were the first to pick up the swing to Donald the last time as well.

Interesting times ahead
    https://mobile.twitter.com/Rasmussen_Poll/status/1320748757814857735

A few "clarifications" on that survey..

1st off - This is the 1st "daily" report that Rasmussen have released , it's been weekly on Wednesdays up to now.

It’s neck-and-neck, with President Trump just barely ahead in Rasmussen Reports’ first daily White House Watch survey.

So comparing a single days data with a weeks worth isn't really valid , let's see what the week over week looks like on Wednesday.

Rasmussen were rated the least accurate pollster in the 2018 Mid-terms of all the companies out there.

Also , Scott Rasmussen the founder, is no longer with them - He went out on his own.

His latest polls show Biden ahead 51% to 43%

As has been said many many times before , a single poll from a single pollster is pretty much worthless , it's the blend of all them over time that provides actual insight.

Do not attack people for their disabilities!

It's just not good manners.

Overheal wrote: »
    Ron DeSantis keeping a million voters disenfranchised will certainly help with that.

My household still votes in FL via mail. Not much has changed since 2016 there that I can see

• Registered Users Posts: 8,454 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Ah lads, some of the stuff on here is gas. I'm getting great enjoyment out of the Trump fans putting up videos and links in an attempt to support Trump/discredit Biden only for minutes later for those same links and videos be shown up for the absolute nonsense they are. It's as tragic as it is funny.

Swing state polls looking grimmer and grimmer for Donald whilst his campaign team keep gifting Biden material day after day with their continuous gaffes. Just over a week to go before the electorate send him and the GOP packing. Whether he accepts the result is another question but regardless, the whole world will be glad to see the back of him.

All of the stuff on here is gas really. It is not so much being discussed but being fought as if DT was our president, as if we are all either Democrats or Republican and as if we all had a vote in the election.

Personally I couldn't care less what happens or who wins, I just have an opinion on it that's all.

Your second paragraph is just as silly as anyone's else's here you criticise. Why would the whole world be glad to see the back of him, personally I have found the whole thing rather entertaining if noting else. All I see is look look here he's behind he's behind as if to rub it in. Rather childish if you ask me.

I'm not personally disputing the polls but the polls are the polls and that's all. I like to go with my hunches with these things and I'm not convinced at all it's a dead cert for Biden. I know a lot have voted already but I think that has a lot to do with Covid as any indication that it's eagerness to get Trump out.

What I hear is Biden up in the Polls but what I don't see is any enthusiasm for him. It was reported I recall vividly after the last election once Trump won that there was much more visible Trump support, street gatherings/demos etc than for Hillary and funnily enough this was reported yesterday. History might just repeat itself, I would't be that surprised.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Joe Biden, who has announced he is running for US president, is best known in the UK for ripping off a Neil Kinnock speech.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.sky.com/story/amp/the-neil-kinnock-plagiarism-row-that-dogged-joe-bidens-first-presidential-bid-11703552

He has a history of it.

did you plagiarise this from something written 2 years ago?

Trump really doesn't understand the actual laws of the country he leads does he?

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1320690788628598784

So in Trumps brain , reporting on the thing that's killing a thousand Americans a day should be illegal because it makes him look bad.

OK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Heartwarming Tweet from Ivanka... Duke Tanner, a young man sentenced to 30 years on non violent drug charges was granted clemency by President Donald Trump. He missed the opportunity to watch his son grow up due to the 1994 crime bill also known as the "Biden crime bill"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Violent_Crime_Control_and_Law_Enforcement_Act

In the video, Tanner repeatedly thanks President Trump for the leniency and forgiveness shown to him by the administration, it is very touching.

I have spoken before in thread about Trumps ability to show leniency to those who have reformed, kind acts like these are part of making America great, it should be the land of opportunity for all. I don't believe this man would have been reunited with his son under Biden.

The "Biden crime bill" shows an inability to see the goodness in people like Duke Tanner.

https://twitter.com/IvankaTrump/status/1319358716987277312

did you plagiarise this from something written 2 years ago?

Quoting from sky news.

My household still votes in FL via mail. Not much has changed since 2016 there that I can see

Well if you're at home voting by mail you wouldn't see a whole lot!

Half my family lives in FL and I did for a while, in Central Florida centered around Ormond. I've definitely seen the atmosphere shift. The most apolitical family members I've known for my entire life have suddenly become politicos for this election. They are getting into fights with coworkers online about the deprecating state of our country, about hundreds of children and parents who will probably at this stage never be reunited, about hundreds of thousands of dead Americans that Trump takes no responsibility for. Family members who were political last cycle, who were pro Trump, aren't this go around. Not to say there aren't some family members who won't be voting Trump. Not to say many of my mom's coworkers for example aren't died in the wool Republicans for Trump and antimaskers (which is really depressing because they are the administrators of a Hospital network). But there's definitely changes afoot. Florida seems abundantly sensitive to how Trump has mishandled the pandemic, which is an attack on seniors particularly; Trump already isn't doing great with them based on his attacks of Biden's mental faculties.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Quoting from sky news.

so plagiarised from something written 18 months ago. i was close enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Heartwarming Tweet from Ivanka... Duke Tanner, a young man sentenced to 30 years on non violent drug charges was granted clemency by President Donald Trump. He missed the opportunity to watch his son grow up due to the 1994 crime bill also known as the "Biden crime bill"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Violent_Crime_Control_and_Law_Enforcement_Act

In the video, Tanner repeatedly thanks President Trump for the leniency and forgiveness shown to him by the administration, it is very touching.

I have spoken before in thread about Trumps ability to show leniency to those who have reformed, kind acts like these are part of making America great, it should be the land of opportunity for all. I don't believe this man would have been reunited with his son under Biden.

The "Biden crime bill" shows an inability to see the goodness in people like Duke Tanner.

https://twitter.com/IvankaTrump/status/1319358716987277312

Okie dokie:

When a Central Park jogger was brutally raped and beaten nearly to death in 1989, Donald Trump was at the front of the pack calling for literal blood. Four black teenagers and one Latino teenager were charged and jailed on shaky evidence after confessing to the crime under intense questioning, and two weeks after the attack, Trump took out a full-page ad in four city newspapers advocating for the reinstatement of the death penalty.

But the so-called Central Park Five were vindicated in 2002, when their convictions were vacated after a convicted murderer and rapist confessed to the crime — a confession that was corroborated by DNA evidence. (DNA was never found connecting the Central Park Five to the crime.) The Central Park Five were eventually awarded a $41 million settlement from New York City in 2014.

But over the decades, even as it became increasingly clear that the Central Park Five were innocent, Trump has continued to call for their deaths, and even criticized the city for its multi-million dollar settlement — all without any actual evidence that the Central Park Five were involved in the rape.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

Chelsea Handler is a racist.

I don't believe this man would have been reunited with his son under Biden.

Don't see why.

Under the Obama administration there were 9,390 petitions for Pardons and the WH granted 212 (2.25%) and 41,102 petitions for Clemency, 1,715 of which were granted (4.17%)

Under the Trump administration there have been 8,931 petitions for Pardons with just 27 granted (0.3%) and 29,192 Clemency petitions of which just a mere 11 have been granted, including the one you mentioned (0.038%)

This man should feel incredibly lucky to have won the Trump lottery, something a mere 38 people can claim to have won to the 1,927 that won the Obama lottery.

https://www.justice.gov/pardon/clemency-statistics

• Advertisement

Can he vote now that he's released?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement