Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Ultimate battle for the fate of our universe (pt 3)Read OP 01/11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,566 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

8-10 wrote: »
    Can he vote now that he's released?

He's well-missed the deadline to register either way (October 19 in Pennsylvania)

Current felons in PA don't have the right to vote but they're pretty forgiving about letting you do it in pre-trial custody etc.

https://www.cor.pa.gov/community-reentry/Pages/Voting-Rights.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 33,175 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Heartwarming Tweet from Ivanka... Duke Tanner, a young man sentenced to 30 years on non violent drug charges was granted clemency by President Donald Trump. He missed the opportunity to watch his son grow up due to the 1994 crime bill also known as the "Biden crime bill"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Violent_Crime_Control_and_Law_Enforcement_Act

In the video, Tanner repeatedly thanks President Trump for the leniency and forgiveness shown to him by the administration, it is very touching.

I have spoken before in thread about Trumps ability to show leniency to those who have reformed, kind acts like these are part of making America great, it should be the land of opportunity for all. I don't believe this man would have been reunited with his son under Biden.

The "Biden crime bill" shows an inability to see the goodness in people like Duke Tanner.

https://twitter.com/IvankaTrump/status/1319358716987277312
    So heartwarming....now do Roger stone or Michael Behenna or Clint Lorance or
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_people_granted_executive_clemency_by_Donald_Trump

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Overheal wrote: »
    Don't see why.

Under the Obama administration there were 9,390 petitions for Pardons and the WH granted 212 (2.25%) and 41,102 petitions for Clemency, 1,715 of which were granted (4.17%)

Under the Trump administration there have been 8,931 petitions for Pardons with just 27 granted (0.3%) and 29,192 Clemency petitions of which just a mere 11 have been granted, including the one you mentioned (0.038%)

This man should feel incredibly lucky to have won the Trump lottery, something a mere 38 people can claim to have won to the 1,927 that won the Obama lottery.

https://www.justice.gov/pardon/clemency-statistics

Your figures are irreverent. Come back to me when Trump is finished his second term.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,597 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Your figures are irreverent. Come back to me when Trump is finished his second term.

The only terms Trump will be serving are prison terms. Soon to be divorced, bankrupt (again) and going down in history as the worse president in history.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

8-10 wrote: »
    Can he vote now that he's released?

That's the question we'll be asking about Trump in a few years' time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,729 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Think you mean jail sentence. That's the more likely outcome at this point.

statesaver wrote: »
    Chelsea Handler is a racist.

How so?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Can we get a 'LOCK HIM UP!' chant going in here :pac:

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 5,996 ✭✭✭hometruths

Okay?

Some voters also think Joe Biden and other Dems torture babies so they can drink their adrenaline-addled blood as part of satanic rituals.

“Some who think X” is not any value here.

Going by the polls and exit polling on early voting these people who think Biden got too good of a deal on his house or think he drinks baby blood, aren’t having the sway you seem to assume.

But going by the CBS/YouGov polls in Florida, North Carolina and Georgia, more likely voters think Biden uses his position for profit than Trump.

I fully understand how a voter might choose to overlook any alleged financial improprieties because they don't like Trump, but to pretend Biden is squeaky clean and any suggestion otherwise is Russian disinformation is ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,117 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Online is much more important than the news from CNN CBS Fox ABC etc these days.

It's where its won and lost.

Of course the internet matters, but the old guard still is king.

Bernie dominated online in both the 2016 and 2020 primary and got whipped this time round by someone like Biden whose base at the time wouldn't really categorise themselves as that online.

Last year Corbyn made the same mistake, he seemed more focused what would get retweets etc instead of focusing on whether it would resonate with normal voters.

He like Bernie got walloped.

The Hunter Biden stuff like the Trump tape in 2016 didn't really matter in the real world, people had their minds made up and it needed to be something much more earth shattering to dissuade them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

Don't see why.

Under the Obama administration there were 9,390 petitions for Pardons and the WH granted 212 (2.25%) and 41,102 petitions for Clemency, 1,715 of which were granted (4.17%)

Under the Trump administration there have been 8,931 petitions for Pardons with just 27 granted (0.3%) and 29,192 Clemency petitions of which just a mere 11 have been granted, including the one you mentioned (0.038%)

This man should feel incredibly lucky to have won the Trump lottery, something a mere 38 people can claim to have won to the 1,927 that won the Obama lottery.

https://www.justice.gov/pardon/clemency-statistics

Lol - brilliant. Time and time again. You'd think they would learn their lesson but nope.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

That's because it is an edited clip, from an interview. You continue to embarass yourself, it's sad really. What will you do with all your spare time when Trump gets voted out and you have no immature little videos to post?

Jaysis what would you be doing if Biden did actually manage to win? How would you fill your days & where would you direct all the outrage? But more importantly, what will you be doing with all your spare time when Trump finishes his eight-year term? I'd say you'd be mentally drained...... I do hope you find a paying tenant.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

How so?

She, a white person, felt she had to remind a black man that he is black and he can't be supporting Trump.

50cent should not have to vote a particular way because he is black.

No person should have to vote a particular way because of their race and should not have people of another race telling them who to vote for.

Agree ?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,735 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

How about answering the question about asked? Trump is tracking at lower levels than Obama, you picked one anecdote to pretend Trump was nice, and the facts and figures posted caused it to blow up straight in your face.

After rearranging your face, come back and explain why Trump is tracking worse than Obama, even pick a few random tweets and edited videos so you can faceblast yourself again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

AllForIt wrote: »
    All of the stuff on here is gas really. It is not so much being discussed but being fought as if DT was our president, as if we are all either Democrats or Republican and as if we all had a vote in the election.

Personally I couldn't care less what happens or who wins, I just have an opinion on it that's all.

Your second paragraph is just as silly as anyone's else's here you criticise. Why would the whole world be glad to see the back of him, personally I have found the whole thing rather entertaining if noting else. All I see is look look here he's behind he's behind as if to rub it in. Rather childish if you ask me.

I'm not personally disputing the polls but the polls are the polls and that's all. I like to go with my hunches with these things and I'm not convinced at all it's a dead cert for Biden. I know a lot have voted already but I think that has a lot to do with Covid as any indication that it's eagerness to get Trump out.

What I hear is Biden up in the Polls but what I don't see is any enthusiasm for him. It was reported I recall vividly after the last election once Trump won that there was much more visible Trump support, street gatherings/demos etc than for Hillary and funnily enough this was reported yesterday. History might just repeat itself, I would't be that surprised.

Why wouldn't the whole world be glad to see the back of him!? He gives racists a platform and a voice. He encourages division and spreads disinformation. He attacks the media with baseless accusations. America plays a fundamental role in the western world. It keeps a leash on Russia and China, hence why you're seeing interference in modern day elections from said countries.

Any country and right thinking person in the world who are against racism and pro democracy should rejoice if he is elected out.

Regarding the rest of your post. I myself would not be totally shocked if he sprung another surprise but its increasingly unlikely. There may be something hidden in the Covid world that pollsters are missing but I think they are fairly on the ball this time. If anything I think they are being a little conservative in their polls and trump may be further behind than they are showing currently.

Only a week to go before we find out.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,584 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Online is much more important than the news from CNN CBS Fox ABC etc these days.
    I don't agree with this at all.
    Most people get their news off those networks.

eagle eye wrote: »

Most people? Or most Americans? Because I have never gotten any news from any of those networks.

She, a white person, felt she had to remind a black man that he is black and he can't be supporting Trump.

50cent should not have to vote a particular way because he is black.

No person should have to vote a particular way because of their race and should not have people of another race telling them who to vote for.

Agree ?

I think everyone knows that conversations amongst friends/work colleagues/siblings etc don't have every point hammered out in as if it was a legal submission.

The context of her point was clear that given Trumps views on Black people, no black person should be voting for him.

It would be like telling someone assaulted by their partner, 'You can't go back to them' They are not assuming legal power of attorney over that person, they are implying, without specifically saying it that 'give how you have been beaten by this person, it really is not in your best interest to give them the opportunity to do this again'.

We all communicate in an abridged manner with people close to us every day.

eagle eye wrote: »

Agree, the grey vote don't get their news online in large numbers, 4 years ago I think the attitude was "might as well give a non-politician a chance" and it could have worked if that non-politician was anyone but Trump.

What's funny is that everybody was mocking Sarah Palin for being over-concerned for her Alaska polling numbers while running for VP, Trump has essentially made polling numbers the sole focus of his presidency.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,175 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

astrofool wrote: »
    Agree, the grey vote don't get their news online in large numbers, 4 years ago I think the attitude was "might as well give a non-politician a chance" and it could have worked if that non-politician was anyone but Trump.

What's funny is that everybody was mocking Sarah Palin for being over-concerned for her Alaska polling numbers while running for VP, Trump has essentially made polling numbers the sole focus of his presidency.
    Then when the polling numbers tanked even further he boasted about the tv ratings for press conferences like it was some victory for him lol

• Advertisement

I think everyone knows that conversations amongst friends/work colleagues/siblings etc don't have every point hammered out in as if it was a legal submission.

The context of her point was clear that given Trumps views on Black people, no black person should be voting for him.

It would be like telling someone assaulted by their partner, 'You can't go back to them' They are not assuming legal power of attorney over that person, they are implying, without specifically saying it that 'give how you have been beaten by this person, it really is not in your best interest to give them the opportunity to do this again'.

We all communicate in an abridged manner with people close to us every day.

What complete utter utter nonsense.

She and people like her are liberal racists who can't even see it.
    White people telling black people who to vote for is racist.

The context of her point was clearly racist.

gmisk wrote: »
    Then when the polling numbers tanked even further he boasted about the tv ratings for press conferences like it was some victory for him lol

To be fair, there's a poster on here who uses high attendance during a pandemic as proof he's doing well, completely ignoring the crowds that Obama and Biden could summon almost at will (and without vetting) during the Obama years.

That's your opinion which you are of course entitled to hold.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

You do know that she and 50 Cent were in a relationship for a long time.

That's your opinion which you are of course entitled to hold.

But black people can't have their own opinion without white racist liberals telling them that that opinion is wrong.

Ye just can't see it, can ye.

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    You do know that she and 50 Cent were in a relationship for a long time.

Yes I do.

She still equated skin colour with who one should vote for.

That in my view is racist.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,770 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

My republican voter video for today :)

Clearly? By who's measure?

Can you not see how you would advise someone not to vote for a political candidate with a documented history of holding prejudicial views against people from that sector of society purely in their own best interests.

That's very far from you suggesting a white person is trying to impose their will on a black person with no context other than a racial tendency to think they are entitled to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,664 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Ah lads, some of the stuff on here is gas. I'm getting great enjoyment out of the Trump fans putting up videos and links in an attempt to support Trump/discredit Biden only for minutes later for those same links and videos be shown up for the absolute nonsense they are. It's as tragic as it is funny.

I just spent a while over on https://thedonald.win/ which is where a lot of Trumpers ended up after Reddit banned r/TheDonald earlier this summer. Jesus its a hoot watching what the cult are posting
    CALL OUT ANYONE CLAIMING 220,000 PEOPLE DIED FROM THE 'PANDEMIC'. THAT NUMBER IS A COMPLETE AND TOTAL FABRICATION AND I'M SICK OF IT BEING REPEATED WITHOUT BEING CHALLENGED
    posted 2 hours ago by IMMORTAN_TRUMP +979 / -1
    Less than 10,000 people have died exclusively of the wu flu. That is a FACT. Not debatable. The 220,000 is the number of people who died WITH covid, not BECAUSE of covid. In that 220,000 number, are 6000 SUICIDES and INTENTIONAL OVERDOSES. Do not let libtards spew their nonsense.

This week is going to be very entertaining now that I've found that site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,558 ✭✭✭Ardillaun

More cases of Covid in the WH yesterday, at least the ones that they have admitted to so far, than in New Zealand. If you love death, vote for The Donald.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement