Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Ultimate battle for the fate of our universe (pt 3)Read OP 01/11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,663 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

But it isn't just idle speculation, it is based on what the man himself is saying.

Trump said he felt better than he had in 20 years. This after contracting COVID, having to have oxygen and being sick enough that they sent him from a perfectly workable medical centre in the WH to hospital.

Of course we have to try to guesstimate, given that Trump and the WH are being so evasive with the details, but given what he said it would seem reasonable that these drugs are not simply having no effect.

20 years younger is a massive effect on anyone.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

So you're admitting there's a part of him that isn't base?

I'm sure there is , but it's not a side of him that has had a whole lot of visibility, ever.

Even back when he was just a "celebrity" he came across as a crass caricature of the brash/boorish American Salesman , to me at least.

Over the years he has leaned in to that persona heavily and that has accelerated since his engagement with Politics.

Fundamentally , he is simply not a nice person in my view.

He is a liar and a cheat and will say or do anything to gain a personal advantage and I find that type of person utterly objectionable.

The fact that he is currently in a position to impact the lives of millions of people in the US and Globally is not a good place for the world to be.

All of this is my own opinion.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

I didn't get those side effects either but a lot of people do. I know many cancer patients and there are frequent complaints about their appetite, their insomnia and just generally being amped up. Not everyone gets the side effects of a drug. Steroids are very potent which is why they are prescribed as they are a good drug to throw at many problems.

My husband was on corticosteroids for only a few days at a low dose and got those side effects.

for 30 years I was the same weight give or take a pound. I kept myself in shape

When I was put on prednisolone, I put on 3 stone in a month. I was pissed off with that despite my wife and friends said the weight suited me, as I have always been a tall lanky greyhound breed. Since I went off the steroids, I have lost back 2 stone 8 pounds, and my own active metabolism is back to normal.

Even though my wife said I should have stopped a month ago, I wont be happy til I get back to what I was used to and comfortable with, even if it means I look skinny.

Other people I spoke to who were prescribed the same steroids also mentioned the weight issue for them, but again they said they felt no other side effects.

I think every drug no matter how insignificant it is had a giant list of possible side effects, by pharma companies to cover themselves, hence why every medicine has a mini encyclopedia inside it with warnings effects etc,

dont mean you will suffer them

• Registered Users Posts: 11,013 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

He also said he was going to build a wall and make Mexico pay for it.

It's hard to take anything he says at face value when he lies so often.

If he was given a large dosage of antibodies, and steroids, they would make you feel great for a short time (few days), then unless you get a second course, you will crash pretty hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,761 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

EjuGTJZVcAAd7_v?format=jpg&name=small

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

Leroy42 wrote: »
    But it isn't just idle speculation, it is based on what the man himself is saying.

Trump said he felt better than he had in 20 years. This after contracting COVID, having to have oxygen and being sick enough that they sent him from a perfectly workable medical centre in the WH to hospital.

Of course we have to try to guesstimate, given that Trump and the WH are being so evasive with the details, but given what he said it would seem reasonable that these drugs are not simply having no effect.

20 years younger is a massive effect on anyone.

This is a typical example of my point about Trump.,

The guy is an idiot saying things like that, and I have no problems for people bashing him for his lies and nonsense,
    there is enough material out there to go to town on trump, without having to use this "roid rage" or "walking through walls" speculation rubbish

• Registered Users Posts: 2,558 ✭✭✭Ardillaun

I've been on corticosteroids pretty regularly in last decade. They do result in adrenaline and plenty of mental health issues too. As you wean off of them, the side effects go away but can result in exhaustion and other such side effects. Recovery time from their side effects can take months too. So just because you didn't experience these side effects, doesn't mean others don't. The quantity of the dose also increases likelihood.

A friend of mine was on a very modest dose of steroids as part of a cancer regimen, described by the doctor as enough for ‘little old ladies’. One morning he suddenly found he was unable to get out of the bed or even raise his head. The docs initially thought it was time for the priest. Turns out a small reduction in his daily dose had floored him. He fully recovered as soon as the drug was restored to its previous level.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

EjuGTJZVcAAd7_v?format=jpg&name=small

I know he says some very very weird things , but this is fake.

Politifacts declare this

tom_ruling_pof.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

golfball37 wrote: »
    It’s an ingenious move by the Don. Let Biden off on his own and he’ll show himself up to have nothing going for him. Trump didn’t help himself in first debate and Joe looked like he had manners so came across better. When floaters realize he is just another Washington swamp dweller they’ll change their mind on him.
    Enjoy your night mate icon14.png

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭threeball

Ardillaun wrote: »
    A friend of mine was on a very modest dose of steroids as part of a cancer regimen, described by the doctor as enough for ‘little old ladies’. One morning he suddenly found he was unable to get out of the bed or even raise his head. The docs initially thought it was time for the priest. Turns out a small reduction in his daily dose had floored him. He fully recovered as soon as the drug was restored to its previous level.

Anyone that is one a course of steroids for over a week will feel like sh1t coming off them. Your bones will ache, you'll feel like you had the flu. Its your bodies response to not having this artificial boost keeping you going. Its similar to a fighter who gets an adrenaline dump in a fight. He can go hell for leather for about 2 mins and after that he can barely raise his hands. Trump has that to look forward to next week assuming he doesn't get a relapse in the meantime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

golfball37 wrote: »
    It’s an ingenious move by the Don. Let Biden off on his own and he’ll show himself up to have nothing going for him. Trump didn’t help himself in first debate and Joe looked like he had manners so came across better. When floaters realize he is just another Washington swamp dweller they’ll change their mind on him.

I'm really glad that I don't live in your world of delusion.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,554 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

PropJoe10 wrote:
    I'm really glad that I don't live in your world of delusion.
    Well in what he says there is a possibility. Only person that can mess this up is Biden.
    He's better to stay off the air if Trump doesn't want to debate. He's winning so no change is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,585 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

eagle eye wrote: »
    Well in what he says there is a possibility. Only person that can mess this up is Biden.
    He's better to stay off the air if Trump doesn't want to debate. He's winning so no change is good.

Trump is a chicken, Biden whipped him in the first debate and now Trump is running scared and is looking for any excuse not to debate again.

This just gets better and better, no way they should let him squirm his way out, show the world what a toothless chicken he is and not the macho man he wishes he was.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,554 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Trump is a chicken, Biden whipped him in the first debate and now Trump is running scared and is looking for any excuse not to debate again.
    He didn't win the first debate, maybe a slight edge but there was nothing in it. As said by many, the big loser in that first debate was the American public viewing two poor options. Biden's a better option but still poor.
    This just gets better and better, no way they should let him squirm his way out, show the world what a toothless chicken he is and not the macho man he wishes he was.
    They can't make him do a debate.

Him pulling out regardless of his excuses is a win for Biden.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,055 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

in the real world yes you are correct, but this is trump america, Biden will look weak to trumps base . The only way to truely beat him is head on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

So he has a free cure?

These videos are getting good!

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1314252606110412806

• Registered Users Posts: 23,761 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

He's crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,146 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

How anyone can listen to this and say 'yes, this is the guy I want to put in charge of our country'.

It isn't even that it was during a live speech, they could have re-shot it but he felt this was good.

https://twitter.com/therecount/status/1314256068663480323?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 13,588 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Foxtrol wrote: »
    How anyone can listen to this and say 'yes, this is the guy I want to put in charge of our country'.

It isn't even that it was during a live speech, they could have re-shot it but he felt this was good.

The wheezing was good. And, anyone saying they're going to vote for the #IMPOTUS should watch it 6 times and write a report summarizing what he said.

Like i get that there's Repbulicans and Democrats and they vote for their own. And you fight for your guy etc.

But at some stage surely the Republicans have to say, nah this lad is a moron.
    Is there not even something in their constitution from those wise founding founders for this situation. Don't allow a moron to be in charge. Maybe it just seemed obvious to them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,559 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

What's the impotus?

What's the impotus?

Reserved for the IMpeached Presidents of the United States.

What's the impotus?

IMpeached POTUS

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    Is there not even something in their constitution from those wise founding founders for this situation. Don't allow a moron to be in charge. Maybe it just seemed obvious to them.

The Electoral College can technically ignore the voters wishes, in some states at least,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Gretas Gonna Get Ya!

Foxtrol wrote: »

Millions will...

One guy tells you he's gonna get rid of the china plague. (<< I like that one btw - it's catchy:pac:)

He's gonna get the country back on its feet fast. He's gonna make China pay a high price for messing the world up like this.

Strong powerful message.

Then you've got Biden and the dems... mostly just focusing on Trump, and why he's a bad guy et etc... same strategy as in 2016. And it's going to fail just like in 2016! ;)

Like Conor McGregor used to famously say "Losers focus on winners... winners focus on WINNING!" Trump is focusing on America, while his rivals focus on him! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,585 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Millions will...

One guy tells you he's gonna get rid of the Covid-19.

He's gonna get the country back on its feet fast. He's gonna make China pay a high price for messing the world up like this.

Strong powerful message.

Then you've got Biden and the dems... mostly just focusing on Trump, and why he's a bad guy et etc... same strategy as in 2016. And it's going to fail just like in 2016! ;)

Like Conor McGregor used to famously say "Losers focus on winners... winners focus on WINNING!" Trump is focusing on America, while his rivals focus on him! :)

How is he going to do these two things?

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    IMpeached POTUS

Should it not be IPOTUS so?

Or ACQUITTEDPOTUS

• Registered Users Posts: 18,305 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    Like i get that there's Repbulicans and Democrats and they vote for their own. And you fight for your guy etc.

Pence and the cabinet can invoke the 25th Amendment and declare Trump unable to execute the duties of the office. But they are all fully on board the Trump train so not likely they'll do anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,364 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Should it not be IPOTUS so?

Or ACQUITTEDPOTUS

No he was impeached

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,305 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Millions will...

One guy tells you he's gonna get rid of the china plague. (<< I like that one btw - it's catchy:pac:)

Strong powerful message.

Eh, he hasn't managed to do any of that since Covid-19 emerged and the first case was confirmed in the US in January - things have got worse and worse under Trump. So his message is "I haven't been able to sort this out for the last 9 months but I'm definitely the guy to fix things". Yeah, no thanks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement