Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Ultimate battle for the fate of our universe (pt 3)Read OP 01/11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,735 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Smee_Again wrote: »
    Some people are so far behind in the race that they actually believe that they're leading.

Trump is puffing along, fake tan streaming down his face, heading down the home stretch, while Biden from far behind, catches up quickly, laps him again and takes the win. Trump collapses in a puddle of his own urine and vomit (as per the Russian video).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭vojiwox

The only thing out of sight is Joe Biden

LVY2jhM.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 23,768 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Thread was worth it for this alone.

I enthusiastically agree.

This poster has seen the light people. It can happen.

Don't give up on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Thread was worth it for this alone.

I enthusiastically agree.

This poster has seen the light people. It can happen.

Don't give up on them.

Chameleons change all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,735 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Chameleons change all the time.

And disappeared entirely by next Thursday!

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

Just trying to muddy the waters regarding his taxes. He also called the €750 he did pay a filling fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,175 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Does that mean he pays more?!
    Is he getting taxes confused with prepaid power?
    "Melania love when you are topping up your phone will you stick 20 euro on the prepaid power?"

He could just release his tax returns.....lol

• Registered Users Posts: 20,090 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Probably the bribe required to buy the electoral college elector.

Smee_Again wrote: »
    Just trying to muddy the waters regarding his taxes. He also called the €750 he did pay a filling fee.

I see our American friends saying that the 750 thing doesn't exist.

Hmmm it's never straight forward with him. Often the way with some telling too many lies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

He said this during the debate as well. Are prepaid taxes actually a thing over there?

He said this during the debate as well. Are prepaid taxes actually a thing over there?

Quarterly estimates where you pay taxes based on the estimates would allow you to do that. Don't think they do that for more than a tax year though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Very difficult to pay millions of prepaid taxes when you are continuously availing of bankruptcy laws.

Meanwhile in Texas...

ElWY1_uXUAE3e_K?format=jpg&name=small

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

My republican voter for today :)

Fair play - breaking free of pointless labels. Dem/ Republican are the names, but their meaning has changed a lot since 1980. Hopefully this is something sensible coming where only utter morons blindly follow the label.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

What doe he mean he "prepaid"???

It's a load of old rubbish. He's basically treating tax he paid way back in the past as a prepayment of tax for recent years, because he made profits back in the distant past, makes losses now and feels that these cancel each other out.

It's nonsense.

In some more trump news today.
    Two really damning articles.

Tens of millions of pounds of government and GOP dollars have flowed to his properties.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/ballrooms-candles-and-luxury-cottages-during-trumps-term-millions-of-government-and-gop-dollars-have-flowed-to-his-propertiesmar-a-lago-charged-the-government-3-apiece-for-glasses-of-water-for-trump-and-the-japanese-leader/2020/10/27/186f20a2-1469-11eb-bc10-40b25382f1be_story.html

Trump's border wall costing billions more than initial contracts. Costing about 5 times more per mile than previous administration.
    Unsurprisingly....Lots of the contracts going to his mates.
    https://www.propublica.org/article/records-show-trumps-border-wall-is-costing-taxpayers-billions-more-than-initial-contracts

RIGOLO wrote: »
    nah .. among other things
    the reality is Trump gave blacks and minoritites their best emplyment rates ever ..

Hi RIGOLO - its me again, remember our discussion earlier about catchy slogans..? Course you do - it was very confusing for a while!

Well I have news for you - it also applies to so called facts such as the Black Employment rate (i.e. often repeated, but not much substance).
    Yes technically there was a point where it was at an all time low, but the quality of work was so poor and most households salaries were actually lower for a good bit of Trumps administration.

Here is some fact checking in case you are interested (ha!)
    https://www.usnews.com/news/politics/articles/2020-06-07/ap-fact-check-trump-exaggerations-on-blacks-economic-gains

You see the same thing over in the UK - for a while the Tories were boasting about record unemployment but had to tone it down a bit as everyone realised this meant a lot of people juggling multiple zero hour contracts. Yes they are not claiming benefits as much and *technically* unemployment was lower, but they are not benefiting from the great surge of employment the press office would have you believe.

No need to thank me - I am happy to help explain or look anything else up for you!

That advertising is deperate. Surely there should be some sort of standards. Zero class from the lincoln project.

Oh we gonna talk about class now - how about this old chestnut.. classy indeed!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmXj613HPN8

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭iliketomoveit

What are some interesting podcasts/talk shows to listen to on the left?

Scott Adams, The Rubin Report, and The Megyn Kelly show make an interesting case for Trump. I'm pretty sure 2/3 of those weren't advocating for him in 2016 either

• Advertisement

What are some interesting podcasts/talk shows to listen to on the left?

Scott Adams, The Rubin Report, and The Megyn Kelly show make an interesting case for Trump. I'm pretty sure 2/3 of those weren't advocating for him in 2016 either
    Are they making a prediction that Trump will win now? Or backing him to win?
    Scott Adams was backing Trump in 2016.

Why would Megyn Kelly ever back him, he pretty much bullied and insulted her for months. The debate related insults were horrible.

The Rubin Report I have no idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,597 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

cnocbui wrote: »
    Trump is latin for alligator.

Its also English for Fart, just saying :D

I love little stories like this, loads of Trump signs were going missing in Texas. So a Trump supporter went around his neighborhood putting them out of reach, genius!

jKFT2LM.jpg

Right place for them seeing as most of his supporters have their heads in the clouds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Pedro K

You mean like when you said he wouldn't turn up for the debates, right? How did that work out?

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭iliketomoveit

gmisk wrote: »
    Are they making a prediction that Trump will win now? Or backing him to win?
    Scott Adams was backing Trump in 2016.

Why would Megyn Kelly ever back him, he pretty much bullied and insulted her for months. The debate related insults were horrible.

The Rubin Report I have no idea.

Scott Adams is predicting him to win and the other two are backing him.

That's true, she has as big of a reason as anyone to be against him. Her show is worth a listen

The perspective of the latter two is that while they aren't madly in love with Trump, they'd much prefer him to Biden/Kamala.

Ultimately there are biases (fine people?) on both sides - I haven't came across many interesting left leaning shows yet which is why I asked.

Anyone watching Trump's latest rally?

I honestly had to check to see if it really was live because he is repeating the same soundbites as last month!

Its like he has memorised a script and just changes the place name.

I honestly had to check to see if it really was live because he is repeating the same soundbites as last month!

It's like a greatest hits tour but the back catalogue is Shiiite.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Man with broke phone

Is there anywhere on this forum where I can get the latest news and info without all the usual oooh hes a baddy ****e.

Id like to know whats really going on. Theres too many people on the internet shouting booo or saying sources arnt reliable or fact checked.

Is there anywhere on the internet thats unbiased.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,090 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Has he found some well-known energetic rock mucic to play where the artist is actually happy for him to use it, unlike all the other ones hes used without permission by artists who hate his guts and told him to cease and desist?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Is there anywhere on this forum where I can get the latest news and info without all the usual oooh hes a baddy ****e.

Id like to know whats really going on. Theres too many people on the internet shouting booo or saying sources arnt reliable or fact checked.

Is there anywhere on the internet thats unbiased.

I don't think we have a QAnon forum but you might find some like-minded folks in the Conspiracy Theory one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement