Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Ultimate battle for the fate of our universe (pt 3)Read OP 01/11

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

The polls are WRONG, Trump is going 8 years. I keep telling you all that people are going to vote on the economy, something that they trust Trump more with than they do Biden. Look at the differences in crowd numbers, do you think they are worried about the virus? Trump has told his supporters to not fear the virus and they are listening, they will be out in their droves to vote next week.

I think Biden is using the virus to try and hide the obvious lack of enthusiasm he is getting... Please quote this if Trump loses, I don't care! It is obvious to any objective person that he is going to win. He has pulled out of Florida because he has it in the bag, he's putting the resources into going for the landslide.

Again, feel free to quote this post in a week!

I’m not mocking you here, but do you truly believe this is more representative than polling?

Trump irresponsibly invites people to mass gatherings during a pandemic. Biden invites very few people to events as it’s the responsible thing to do. Do you understand the comparison?

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭8-10

I think Biden will break 300 electoral college votes.

We won't know on the 4th though because of the huge amount of mail in ballots

• Registered Users Posts: 11,457 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

8-10 wrote: »
    I think Biden will break 300 electoral college votes.

We won't know on the 4th though because of the huge amount of mail in ballots

330 - 360 is current favourite with paddy Power

• Registered Users Posts: 16,735 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

The polls are WRONG, Trump is going 8 years. I keep telling you all that people are going to vote on the economy, something that they trust Trump more with than they do Biden. Look at the differences in crowd numbers, do you think they are worried about the virus? Trump has told his supporters to not fear the virus and they are listening, they will be out in their droves to vote next week.

I think Biden is using the virus to try and hide the obvious lack of enthusiasm he is getting... Please quote this if Trump loses, I don't care! It is obvious to any objective person that he is going to win. He has pulled out of Florida because he has it in the bag, he's putting the resources into going for the landslide.

Again, feel free to quote this post in a week!

Easy enough to quote now, the desperation off the post is palpable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭AlphaDelta1

Wow, that Bobulinski interview is incredible. Pretty low down and dirty from the Biden camp to do that to the man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

Another heavily edited clip here. Poor Joe

https://twitter.com/RealJamesWoods/status/1321360715001724928

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭vojiwox

Wow, that Bobulinski interview is incredible. Pretty low down and dirty from the Biden camp to do that to the man.

Do you have any proof that the Biden campaign were involved in putting him on Tucker Carlson? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

https://twitter.com/RealJamesWoods/status/1321360715001724928

Yeah if James Woods posted it it is bound to be kosher.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Are you trying to be sarcastic? The editing is obvious. It’s not even close to subtle. What’s the tweet supposed to prove?

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Brian? wrote: »
    Are you trying to be sarcastic? The editing is obvious. It’s not even close to subtle. What’s the tweet supposed to prove?

that James Woods has lost his last marble.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

that James Woods has lost his last marble.

He's been banned from Twitter on numerous occasions. Can't think why.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

I love little stories like this, loads of Trump signs were going missing in Texas. So a Trump supporter went around his neighborhood putting them out of reach, genius!

jKFT2LM.jpg

I didn't realise giraffes could vote.

There's a reason people don't put ad campaigns at the tops of trees, this is the exact opposite of genius.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,768 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

The polls are WRONG,

Again, feel free to quote this post in a week

The only thing out of sight is Joe Biden

icon14.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

Who was on here posting about Trump bet - I just got hit with a Willie HIll add offering 50-1

FIFTY - I think to get the full price there was a promo code, but I am happy to post it - sure is useful for someone - I just wanna make sure they get value for money :pac:

Edit - here is the link.. https://www.bettingpro.com/politics/how-to-get-50-1-donald-trump-to-win-us-election-at-william-hill

(yes its a new customer offer and its low betting limit.. but come on, go for it - free money guys)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,768 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

I wonder what it actually feels like to be used, abused and thrown away like toilet paper after your usefulness has expired for a monster like Trump

https://twitter.com/jeffzeleny/status/1321291021146357767

Ye see, just so many people too far down a rabbit hole to look at the news objectively.

Majority of people hear just picked pro or anti Trump some time between now and 4 or 5 years ago and havnt changed their view. Will never change their view but think its important their view wins.

You don't really need "published" evidence.. Just listen to what he says and see what happens.

That's what most of the republican voters from 2016 (who are turning) did too.

Quite simple really - back in 16 I was like fine.. guys a dik, not my choice, but people did vote, give him a chance. Since then he has repeatedly proven he is not fit for purpose.

If you decide on whether evidence is real or not based on whether you want it to be to confirm your hunch you shouldnt be advising other people.

If you have never flipped from one side to the other in all the years you probably shouldnt be advising people.

Nobody will remember if you were right or wrong on the internet with your snap judgement in a few months time.

So if you disagree with trump or you have changed your mind then your opinion isnt valid in your mind?

And then you go on to bleat about snap judgments but if you take a considered approach and then revise your conclusion you are also not entitled to an opinion..

Errr.. ok..

Also - why then do you invest so much trying to convince everyone? Or is it really because you just want to try and validate your own beliefs by screaming how wrong others are? Give you a good feeling does it?
    Trying to understand each other and of course some people "changing their mind" is the only way out of this. Its OK do admit you changed your mind or you once believed one thing and now not another.

Most people do - especially as they get older and more experienced.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

I’m not mocking you here, but do you truly believe this is more representative than polling?

Trump irresponsibly invites people to mass gatherings during a pandemic. Biden invites very few people to events as it’s the responsible thing to do. Do you understand the comparison?

In regards to polling, I think due to the intolerance of the left wing and how many people that say they are Trump supporters are unrightly smeared and their characters are attacked sometimes publicly(ICE Cube and 50 cent just recently), I can understand why when some random person calls you asking who you will vote for, you may lie and say Biden so I dont really trust the polls.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

I wonder what it actually feels like to be used, abused and thrown away like toilet paper after your usefulness has expired for a monster like Trump

30..more..busses. How many people were at that rally.

Id like to know whats really going on. Theres too many people on the internet shouting booo or saying sources arnt reliable or fact checked.

And yes.. this is the direct result of Trump (and to a lesser extent mimicked by Cummings in the UK) campaign. Destabilise the media (Fake news, MSM blah blah blah) and put out anything and hope it sticks.

Why do you think this is often referred to as post truth era?

See.. this is the problem.. you allow someone like Trump to come in - where he must win at all costs - to "hack the system" - not play by the rules - and this is what you end up with.

Enjoy, because its gonna take a generation at least to recover from it.

In regards to polling I think due to the intolerance of the left wing and how many people that say they are Trump supporters are unrightly smeared and their characters are attacked sometimes publicly(ICE Cube and 50 cent just recently) I can understand why when some random person calls you asking who you will vote for you may lie and say Biden so I dont really trust the polls.

Probably a few people alright.. but then that many to drastically alter them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

The Trump campaign said it had provided enough buses but that traffic on the two-lane road outside the airport was throttled to one direction after the rally.
    Lesson to be learned for sure.
    a monster like Trump
    Don't hold back :rolleyes:

The internet connection is working where James Woods lives?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,454 ✭✭✭AllForIt

It was last time. As I said before, the day after the last election many said that visiblesupport for Trump was much more prevalent on the streets than for Hillary, as political pundits sought to explain how they called it wrong as most did.

biko wrote: »

He is an absolute scumbag, lowest of the low, happy to trample over anyone and everything to get his own way then cries like a baby if he doesn't (or goes in a huff like you have never seen).

An absolute deplorable human being and not fit to hold any office. Monster doesn't do it justice.

Better?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,175 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I see over 70 million people have already voted in the election!
    They are possibly predicting the highest turnout since 1908.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

In regards to polling I think due to the intolerance of the left wing and how many people that say they are Trump supporters are unrightly smeared and their characters are attacked sometimes publicly(ICE Cube and 50 cent just recently) I can understand why when some random person calls you asking who you will vote for you may lie and say Biden so I dont really trust the polls.

Nobody is going to lie. Americans are more fervent about their voting choices than us for example. No one here would stick a poster supporting a candidate in their front garden for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

biko wrote: »
    The Trump campaign said it had provided enough buses but that traffic on the two-lane road outside the airport was throttled to one direction after the rally.
    Lesson to be learned for sure.

So the rally was held at a location with inadequate access, so the point stands.

30..more..busses. How many people were at that rally.

indeed. how many potential new cases of covid did his rally create?

km991148 wrote: »
    And yes.. this is the direct result of Trump (and to a lesser extent mimicked by Cummings in the UK) campaign. Destabilise the media (Fake news, MSM blah blah blah) and put out anything and hope it sticks.

Why do you think this is often referred to as post truth era?

See.. this is the problem.. you allow someone like Trump to come in - where he must win at all costs - to "hack the system" - not play by the rules - and this is what you end up with.

Enjoy, because its gonna take a generation at least to recover from it.

to be fair the trump tactics with the press are nothing new. Google Lugenpresse

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

AllForIt wrote: »
    It was last time. As I said before, the day after the last election many said that visiblesupport for Trump was much more prevalent on the streets than for Hillary, as political pundits sought to explain how they called it wrong as most did.

Can you think of any reason why this might not be valid this time?

Hint - something that was supposed to magically disappear in two weeks, a bit like the health plan was to appear in two weeks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement