Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Ultimate battle for the fate of our universe (pt 3)Read OP 01/11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

km991148 wrote: »
    He is an absolute scumbag, lowest of the low, happy to trample over anyone and everything to get his own way then cries like a baby if he doesn't (or goes in a huff like you have never seen).

An absolute deplorable human being and not fit to hold any office. Monster doesn't do it justice.

Better?
    Did you always think like this or was it only since Trump became president?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭Cody montana

I wonder what it actually feels like to be used, abused and thrown away like toilet paper after your usefulness has expired for a monster like Trump

https://twitter.com/jeffzeleny/status/1321291021146357767

Didn’t some of them catch hypothermia?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,454 ✭✭✭AllForIt

AllForIt wrote: »
    All of the stuff on here is gas really. It is not so much being discussed but being fought as if DT was our president, as if we are all either Democrats or Republican and as if we all had a vote in the election.

Further to this there are even polls being conducted here :rolleyes:

https://twitter.com/ireland_thinks/status/1321253089895174145

The Irish media must be pleased with the result.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

biko wrote: »
    Did you always think like this or was it only since Trump became president?

Did you always admire and defend Trump before he became president?

Further to this there are even polls being conducted here :rolleyes:

https://twitter.com/ireland_thinks/status/1321253089895174145

The Irish media must be pleased with the result.

I'm disappointed in the 13% for Trump.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I'm disappointed in the 13% for Trump.

probably the same idiots attending the anti-mask protests

Everyone attending that rally deserve everything they get.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Everyone attending that rally deserve everything they get.

Well it’s a cult.
    They are brainwashed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Didn’t some of them catch hypothermia?
    It was only freezing cold because they had so many thermometers icon14.png

Did you always admire and defend Trump before he became president?
    No, and no.
    When during his 47 years in power did you start admiring Biden? What is your favourite policy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

No, and no.
    When during his 47 years in power did you start admiring Biden? What is your favourite policy?

Not directed at me.

I started admiring him when it became appearent that he was not a whiny b1tch.

Ending new fracking licences and addressing climate change would be my favourite policy/initiative.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

that James Woods has lost his last marble.

True story, my mates sister went our with him for a while. Apparently he's always been proper nuts

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

No, and no.

I don't particularly admire Biden, nor his career nor policies. I admire the fact that he's not an existential threat to democracy in the US. That alone makes him a more fitting candidate for president than Donald.

It was last time. As I said before, the day after the last election many said that visiblesupport for Trump was much more prevalent on the streets than for Hillary, as political pundits sought to explain how they called it wrong as most did.

And the polling was in the margin of error. If the same happens again this time, Biden wins in a close one.

Are you seriously saying that we are in the same situation now. There's a global pandemic going on, Biden isn't attempting to hold made rallies. Only one side is holding these events so no comparison can be made with 2016.

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭emy

13% Trump? :) Nice try Biden. Hope, Trump will win again. He speaks his mind, his lips spreads knowledge, no war while on his term...He is a bit stubborn, but in a good way.
    I know, media is 100% against Trump, fortunately God is with him. :)

No, and no.

Biden was "in power" for 8 years actually. And even then it was as vice president, he was one of the few VPs to actually months role mean something. Most Veeps just wander around opening military bases and so on.

I became a fan of Biden in 2008, when it was clear he was a decent human being with a sense of humour. I wouldn't vote for him in a fit, but he's far superior to Trump in every way.

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 20,090 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

His lips spread endless lies, not knowledge.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,774 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

emy wrote: »
    13% Trump? :) Nice try Biden. Hope, Trump will win again. He speaks his mind, his lips spreads knowledge, no war while on his term...He is a bit stubborn, but in a good way.

Qasem Soleimani says hello

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

Tell me this, what qualities in Trump do you think god admires enough to be with him?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I must have imagined the extra troops he sent to Iran, Syria and Afghanistan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,767 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

He is too incompetent to organise anything, never mind a war.

That list is ridiculous. If you give Obama iraq and Afghanistan you have to give to Trump as well. Plus Syria.

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

They spread lies. If you count that as knowledge, then you might want to change your news sources.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,597 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Don't forget all the extra drone strikes that he doesn't want anyone to know about.

Well in fairness he has surrendered to the talaban in Afghanistan, o he has at least stopped one war.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,656 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

30..more..busses. How many people were at that rally.

who in gods name wants to be on a packed bus with a bunch of trumpers in the middle of a pandemic !!!

sydthebeat wrote: »
    who in gods name wants to be on a packed bus with a bunch of trumpers in the middle of a pandemic !!!

another trumper

Biden's rallies are different, the attendees can all fit in one bus.
    They says it's for covid, is it though?
    Could Biden fill a stadium?

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭emy

cnocbui wrote: »
    His lips spread endless lies, not knowledge.
    Like any other politician/government...A person who lies is stuttering, like Irish politicians, are very good at this. Trump speaks fluently, if lies, then, he does very well.

The secret of being rich/business man, is to be a liar.

• Advertisement

No, and no.

So many to choose from. I think my favourite is his commitment to tackling climate change.

I started checking him out when he became a candidate. One of the first things that I admired about him was this article published in USA Today last January:

The possibility of a pandemic is a challenge Donald Trump is unqualified to handle as president. I remember how Trump sought to stoke fear and stigma during the 2014 Ebola epidemic. He called President Barack Obama a “dope” and “incompetent” and railed against the evidence-based response our administration put in place — which quelled the crisis and saved hundreds of thousands of lives — in favor of reactionary travel bans that would only have made things worse. He advocated abandoning exposed and infected American citizens rather than bringing them home for treatment.

Trump’s demonstrated failures of judgment and his repeated rejection of science make him the worst possible person to lead our country through a global health challenge.

The outbreak of a new coronavirus, which has already infected more than 2,700 people and killed over 80 in China, will get worse before it gets better. Cases have been confirmed in a dozen countries, with at least five in the United States. There will likely be more.

Diseases don't stop at borders or walls
    The State Department has scheduled an evacuation flight and advised Americans against traveling to Hubei province, the epicenter of the outbreak, and is evacuating non-essential personnel.

Trump has blithely tweeted that “it will all work out well.” Yet the steps he has taken as president have only weakened our capacity to respond.

Trump has rolled back much of the progress President Obama and I made to strengthen global health security. He proposed draconian cuts to the National Institutes of Health (NIH), the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Agency for International Development — the very agencies we need to fight this outbreak and prevent future ones.

He dismissed the top White House official in charge of global health security and dismantled the entire team. And he has treated with utmost contempt institutions that facilitate international cooperation, thus undermining the global efforts that keep us safe from pandemics and biological attacks.

To be blunt, I am concerned that the Trump administration’s shortsighted policies have left us unprepared for a dangerous epidemic that will come sooner or later.

Pandemic diseases are a prime example of why international cooperation is a requirement of leadership in 2020. Diseases do not stop at borders. They cannot be thwarted by building a wall. We cannot keep ourselves safe without helping to keep others safe as well and without enlisting the help of other nations in return. And here’s the truth — the United States must step forward to lead these efforts, because no other nation has the resources, the reach or the relationships to marshal an effective international response.

Cruel and unusual: Trump tweeted heartlessly about Ebola in 2014. He's ill-equipped to handle 2019 outbreak.

That’s how we broke the infection curve on Ebola. In September 2014, CDC projections warned that over 1 million people could be infected if we failed to act. By February 2015, thanks to the leadership of our administration, the number of new Ebola cases was fewer than 400. A few months later, the epidemic was essentially extinguished.

I will uphold science, not fiction or fear
    We brought the world together behind a response that only the United States could mobilize — including dispatching our military on a limited mission to help build the urgent infrastructure necessary to coordinate a massive global public health response, deploying American disaster assistance response teams to Africa, unleashing the NIH to help spur the discovery of new treatments and vaccines, protecting our citizens from potential cases of Ebola in the USA, and harnessing civilian expertise from the CDC at home and abroad.

We acted over the chorus of uninformed objections from critics like Donald Trump, and more than 60 countries followed our lead, contributing over $2 billion, thousands of health professionals and personnel, and other critical resources like personal protective equipment. Just as important, we strengthened our focus on preparing for the next crisis.

That’s the kind of leadership a moment like this demands — a leadership Trump could never deliver.

Unintended consequences: Measles outbreak drains resources we may need for a future epidemic or bioterrorist attack

As president, I will reassert U.S. leadership in global health security. My policies will always uphold science, not fiction or fearmongering. I will ask Congress to beef up the Public Health Emergency Fund and give me the power to use the Stafford Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance Act to declare a disaster if an infectious disease threat merits it.

I will also renew funding — set to expire in May — for the nationwide network of hospitals that can isolate and treat people with infectious diseases, and fully fund the Global Health Security Agenda so the world is ready for the next outbreak. And I will rebuild public trust, make sure we have dedicated resources to help us respond to crises quickly, and better harness the capabilities of the private sector to protect the American people. Our national security requires nothing less.

In contrast, the incumbent is holding Covid-19 superspreader rallies today.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement