Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Ultimate battle for the fate of our universe (pt 3)Read OP 01/11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,454 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Can you think of any reason why this might not be valid this time?

Hint - something that was supposed to magically disappear in two weeks, a bit like the health plan was to appear in two weeks

All my comments on this may be invalid, I'm only sayin. You make the mistake of thinking I'm trying to convince you of something.

I don't think your point was a particularly good one either and stating it sarcastically don't make it any better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭AlphaDelta1

He's going to pull it off again isn't he,

It's funny because no matter who wins nothing will change for your average American nothing ever does,
    Of course it won't. Only a fool would think it would.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

eagle eye wrote: »
    They were wrong.

Jesus man, they were not wrong. They were within the margin of error.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

RugbyLad11 wrote: »
    You does realize the Trump's support from African Americans has grown since 201?

I didn't realise that.
    Pew wrote:
    And the sizable Democratic advantages among Black, Hispanic and Asian American voters are just as large for Biden as they were in 2016. Biden currently leads Black voters by 81 percentage points, Hispanic voters by 34 points and Asian voters by 53 points

• Registered Users Posts: 2,558 ✭✭✭Ardillaun

schmittel wrote: »
    I am informing myself a little more each day, and every day my opinion grows stronger that Trumps odds are way better than 50/1.

Who is quoting 50/1? Mad, Ted. The way this ramshackle US system works, Biden needs a big win in the popular vote to have a 50% chance of winning. He is favoured to win but not by anything like those odds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,582 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

duploelabs wrote:
    2. try saying that to someone of colour or trying to immigrate there
    What difference has it ever made when it's been a Democrat or Republican POTUS?

Seriously, it's not just a race issue, it's poor people being treated terribly.
    There is a race issue for sure but there's also a poverty issue and nothing is ever done about that by any POTUS.

I suppose Obamacare was at least an attempt to help with medical bills but there's a lot more needed than just covering medical care.

All the Biden Boys seem to be saying this now so I assum it is all coming from one source, who is the source? From my perspective it said Clinton would win, she did not win so they were wrong. Hopefully there wont be a link to an article doing mental gymnastics to try and excuse this by saying something like well they were almost right so they were not wrong...

You don't understand how polls work. That's the only way you can say they were wrong.

they/them/theirs

Brian? wrote:
    You don't understand how polls work. That's the only way you can say they were wrong.
    Prove they weren't wrong. They predicted an easy enough Hilary win from what I remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

AllForIt wrote: »
    All my comments on this may be invalid, I'm only sayin. You make the mistake of thinking I'm trying to convince you of something.

I don't think your point was a particularly good one either and stating it sarcastically don't make it any better.

Why say it, if you don't understand it to be true?

Yea, it is so unfair when people are mean about stuff you were just sayin, when you aren't convinced by what you are saying.:rolleyes:

Incumbents are hard to beat in the US system and Republicans enjoy an added advantage thanks to all those big, empty, rectangular states in the middle of the country. Add to that mix an out-and-out criminal in the White House desperate to avoid justice and a party willing to bend the law into a pretzel to keep him there and you can see why we shouldn’t count any chickens yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Ardillaun wrote: »
    Who is quoting 50/1? Mad, Ted. The way this ramshackle US system works, Biden needs a big win in the popular vote to have a 50% chance of winning. He is favoured to win but not by anything like those odds.

It’s a paddy power thing, it’s extremely limited and for new customers. It’s not real odds

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Just seeing the car driving into cops and BLM out doing the lord's work robbing clothes for reasons. Not a great look.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,656 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Ardillaun wrote: »

No one is quoting 50/1

Its a way for betting companies to get new customers.

The pay out is not even cash, its 10 x €5 free bets.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,457 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

What difference has it ever made when it's been a Democrat or Republican POTUS?

Seriously, it's not just a race issue, it's poor people being treated terribly.
    There is a race issue for sure but there's also a poverty issue and nothing is ever done about that by any POTUS.

I suppose Obamacare was at least an attempt to help with medical bills but there's a lot more needed than just covering medical care.

The disenfranchisement of the black vote with lengthening of queues, removal of ballot drops, etc didn't happen 4 years ago

Just seeing the car driving into cops and BLM out doing the lord's work robbing clothes for reasons. Not a great look.

Well that's me sold that it actually happened with your impartial viewpoint

duploelabs wrote: »
    Well that's me sold that it actually happened with your impartial viewpoint

You think looting is a good look?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Gretas Gonna Get Ya!

Brian? wrote: »
    They weren't. For the millionth time

Yeah, they were... for the zillionth time! :p

They had Hillary Rotten Clinton at an 87% chance of winning the election a week out from close of the polls. 71% the day before.

Their polls were bogus - and this time, they're even more ridiculous. (possibly even deliberately so)

And you can see the panic in all the lefties... you guys are getting that sinking feeling again... you know what's coming... the RED WAVE is coming! :D

Biden needs a significant early voter advantage going into the final day, if he is to stand any chance in this race. 2/1 at the very least... but in most states it's looking nowhere near that number. A Trump avalanche is looking more and more likely at this point... but the media will keep up their silly little games until the bitter end, hoping for a miracle. And you guys will keep swallowing their horsesh!t! :pac:

Their polls were bogus - and this time, they're even more ridiculous. (possibly even deliberately so)
    No the polls won't be wrong this time.

Even a blind Man can see that Trump hasn't an earthly hope.

Biden is a very poor candidate but he's far better than Trump and far more palatable too.

Prove they weren't wrong. They predicted an easy enough Hilary win from what I remember.

I’ve done it enough times. I’m just going to ignore these comments now.

they/them/theirs

You think looting is a good look?

Gwan, post the source then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

Yeah me and almost every news outlet and headline back in 2016, I remember all the headlines talking about the 'disastrous polls'.

However Two polls that got it right in 2016 predicting a Trump victory are the same two that are saying Trump is ahead now.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 5,996 ✭✭✭hometruths

If the polls were ok why did the American Association for Public Opinion Research say “the polls clearly got it wrong this time”?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,774 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

1. No he's not

2. try saying that to someone of colour or trying to immigrate there

And exactly what is Mr Biden going to do to change life for your average American of colour (as you put it )

Why do people act like people of colour only have it bad in America because of Donald ?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

No the polls won't be wrong this time.

Even a blind Man can see that Trump hasn't an earthly hope.

Biden is a very poor candidate but he's far better than Trump and far more palatable too.

Not a hope.

Not this time.

No way Jose.

Done deal.

Home and hosed.

Can't wait till its squeaky bum time, the lolz will be potentially off the scale :D

Gwan, post the source then

You can continue to discover what you want to. I'll continue to comment on what's going on. I can link you to the Bobulinsky interview if you want to watch that in full?

You can continue to discover what you want to. I'll continue to comment on what's going on. I can link you to the Bobulinsky interview if you want to watch that in full?

No no, I just want you to post what you 'claimed' you saw

• Registered Users Posts: 16,735 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Yeah, they were... for the zillionth time! :p

They had Hillary Rotten Clinton at an 87% chance of winning the election a week out from close of the polls. 71% the day before.

And you can see the panic in all the lefties... you guys are getting that sinking feeling again... you know what's coming... the RED WAVE is coming! :D

Biden needs a significant early voter advantage going into the final day, if he is to stand any chance in this race. 2/1 at the very least... but in most states it's looking nowhere near that number. A Trump avalanche is looking more and more likely at this point... but the media will keep up their silly little games until the bitter end, hoping for a miracle. And you guys will keep swallowing their horsesh!t! :pac:

These numbers you used, gave Trump a 30% chance of winning, almost 1 in 3, and he managed it by 80,000 votes in the right states.

30% chance of winning is actually great odds when there's 2 people.

Trump right now is down at 14% chance, less than 1 in 6, on a 2-6 the world can celebrate, but that doesn't mean that a 1 can't be rolled.

No one is quoting 50/1

Its a way for betting companies to get new customers.

The pay out is not even cash, its 10 x €5 free bets.

Right. Our generous friends in the ‘gaming’ industry. Makes more sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Gretas Gonna Get Ya!

lol :pac:

and-here-we-have-the-well-informed-liberal.jpg

• Advertisement

Polls are just snapshots of what a small number of voters might be thinking at a particular moment. Their predictive power is limited. It would be decidedly weird if they were always right about a subsequent election.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement