Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Ultimate battle for the fate of our universe (pt 3)Read OP 01/11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,711 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

What about gender quotas?

What about them?

Do you think they have damaged society? Do you think they are an extreme left ideal?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

What about them?

Do you think they have damaged society? Do you think they are an extreme left ideal?
    The damage has been PALPABLE! Everything is in RUINS ..RUINS

:pac:

Im gunna get reported for sarcasm!

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Scot_in_Dublin

What a nonsense post.

What's your thoughts on the documents around the fella who was President Trump's guest at the last debate?

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭nolivesmatter

What about them?

I think they're a left idea and I do think they damage society. I think the best person should get the position regardless of gender. I'd have the same view with regards to race. I think 'positive discrimination' is a bad idea.

What's your take?

What's your thoughts on the documents around the fella who was President Trump's guest at the last debate?

I don't think it warrants very much attention to be honest. Why do you ask?

• Advertisement

I think they're a left idea and I do think they damage society. I think the best person should get the position regardless of gender. I'd have the same view with regards to race. I think 'positive discrimination' is a bad idea.

What's your take?

Was the right to vote for women a 'left's idea? Was the end to segregation a 'left' idea? Was the end to apartheid a 'left' idea? All of these things were viewed in similar fashion back in their days.

Was the right to vote for women a 'left's idea? Was the end to segregation a 'left' idea? Was the end to apartheid a 'left' idea? All of these things were viewed in similar fashion back in their days.

What's your point? The original question was about a left idea that was considered to be damaging. I don't believe the things you've listed there to be damaging.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

TBH its going to be all over soon.

Its not worth arguing over now.

I don't think it warrants very much attention to be honest. Why do you ask?

Fair enough. Do you reckon the same on the Hunter Biden stuff? I'm not trying to be funny, just trying to understand your thinking a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,711 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

What's your take?

My take is that there needs to be a transition point to where there are sufficient numbers of people in a role where we can just assume that gender does not matter. That there isn't an inherent bias in the expectation of who is doing such a role, or who can do such a role.

In spite of there supposedly no bias in roles being granted, there is evidence of the status quo of predominantly male people in certain roles influencing the expectation of who is a good fit for the role and so I don't have a problem with introducing a quota so as to start to correct this.

But, irrespective of whether or not they should exist, I have yet to experience a role where I was prohibited or discouraged from applying for it for such a reason and haven't heard of this happening to anyone close to me either so I don't think there is any evidence of this concept actively damaging society. Were I to hear of such a role, I would probably consider that it might give an opportunity to one of my female friends or sisters before I'd feel annoyed that my chances of getting it might be lessened.

• Advertisement

Fair enough. Do you reckon the same on the Hunter Biden stuff? I'm not trying to be funny, just trying to understand your thinking a bit.

Ok. Yeah, I'm the same on the Hunter Biden stuff. Hunter Biden is not running for the presidency and nothing suggests Joe Biden actually did anything illegal.

Ok. Yeah, I'm the same on the Hunter Biden stuff. Hunter Biden is not running for the presidency and nothing suggests Joe Biden actually did anything illegal.

That's fair

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Cruz missile away, I still think he should have been president back in 2016

Ah Cruz, the coward who let another man insult his wife and get away with it. Why do you think a man with no backbone would be suitable for the presidency?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Biden would be good for Ireland.

Not sure which way this is going to go though.

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

What are some interesting podcasts/talk shows to listen to on the left?

Scott Adams, The Rubin Report, and The Megyn Kelly show make an interesting case for Trump. I'm pretty sure 2/3 of those weren't advocating for him in 2016 either

I think a lot of people who now hope Trump is elected are disaffected former liberals. I should know, I am one of them.

I used to believe Republicans were evil, thought when Obama was elected that it was a dawn of a new utopia. I loved Obama ripping the p*ss out of Trump over the Birth Cert release (the best part of that for me is that Obama knew that at the same time he was giving a funny speech, he had earlier ordered the Navy Seals to raid the Bin Laden compund).

However over the years I've noticed the double standards, hypocrisies and dishonesty on the left and I absolutely don't subscribe to their worldview anymore. It's strange how it happened but I genuinely worry for what will happen if Trump DOESN'T get elected.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭francois

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Sparko

I'm doubtful the documents would have been as damning as he suggests, but it is shameful if there was package that was tampered with in an effort to suppress information.

I wonder did they copy the documents before sending them. Or scan them. Or did the producer provide a summary of what they said.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,138 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

francois wrote: »
    Yehhhhh....christ all that "evidence" gone...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

I think a lot of people who now hope Trump is elected are disaffected former liberals. I should know, I am one of them.

I used to believe Republicans were evil, thought when Obama was elected that it was a dawn of a new utopia. I loved Obama ripping the p*ss out of Trump over the Birth Cert release (the best part of that for me is that Obama knew that at the same time he was giving a funny speech, he had earlier ordered the Navy Seals to raid the Bin Laden compund).

However over the years I've noticed the double standards, hypocrisies and dishonesty on the left and I absolutely don't subscribe to their worldview anymore. It's strange how it happened but I genuinely worry for what will happen if Trump DOESN'T get elected.

Do you believe in climate change?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

They're so transparent, yet some still gobble it up as fact.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Sparko wrote: »
    I wonder did they copy the documents before sending them. Or scan them. Or did the producer provide a summary of what they said.

apparently they had a photograph of what was sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Do you believe in climate change?

Why do you always do this, any support for trump and you just ask if they believe something that you believe trump believes. He has not denied climate change

apparently they had a photograph of what was sent.
    It's easy to have faked photos isn't it.....

All that verifiable information gone....what a shock!

So, I can get that to an extent. Yes, President Obama ordered a SEAL team into that compound to take out Osama Bin Laden. The guy who, even by Republican standards had to be taken out as he was an active and ongoing threat to national security.

Now, bump forward a few years. President Trump, who many tout as the peace president, orders the assassination of one of Iran's top generals. Is that ok with you? I'm by no means saying that he was a good guy by any stretch of the imagination. But you are saying you were concerned about President Obama doing that to Osama Bin Laden, but not with what President Trump did with that Iranian general.

Kinda smacks of dishonesty really. It's kinda like when folks say oh, President Obama dropped these many bombs in this amount of time (over his 8 years). President Trump was well on the way to that number, dont forget he said he sold bunker busters to certain countries. And then he made and executive order to stop reporting on those kinds of things.

On the birthers thing, he's still trying it with folks like AOC, "if they're not happy with the US they should go back to where they're from". And you know there is another few members of Congress he targets the same kind of things to. You can't miss them. They're all.......women.

It's one thing to say you're disheartened by the polices of the Republican and Democrat parties. However don't use that as an excuse to support someone who wouldn't give a damn wether you live or die.

Why do you always do this, any support for trump and you just ask if they believe something that you believe trump believes. He has not denied climate change

Ooooh tetchy! Why do I ask Trump supporters about their attitude toTrump policies? I dunno. I thought policies were relevant to political debate. What do you think?

Maybe not directly related, however this seems to be going on around President Trumps climate policy

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/27/climate/trump-election-climate-noaa.html

It's literally....the dog ate my evidence....lol
    How people fall for this crap!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

gmisk wrote: »
    It's easy to have faked photos isn't it.....

All that verifiable information gone....what a shock!

That is tuckers claim not mine. Of course he didnt show the photos for some reason.

Maybe not directly related, however this seems to be going on around President Trumps climate policy

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/27/climate/trump-election-climate-noaa.html

Paris Accord.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

There is no information. There never was.

Fox is jumping ship on this (and Trump) in the quickest way possible without too much damage.

"Lost in the post" ffs :rolleyes:

Maybe they will find them half chewed. Guy in my class in primary school had a dog that would constantly be eating his homework..

What the actual fcuk did I just watch there? Fox are claiming to have sent the ONLY copy of some very important documents and are blaming the postman?

Do they think people are stupid?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement