Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Ultimate battle for the fate of our universe (pt 3)Read OP 01/11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

What like "you ain't black" if you don't vote for him?

Or "poor kids are just as smart as white kids"?

no, like refusing to rent to black people. Like using the word n***** on the set of the apprentice.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

“Why don’t they go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came. Then come back and show us how it is done. These places need your help badly, you can’t leave fast enough.”

Trump referring to four members of Congress: Ilhan Omar of Minnesota, a Somali American; Ayanna Pressley of Massachusetts, an African American; Rashida Tlaib of Michigan, a Palestinian American; and Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez of New York, a Puerto Rican.

but not racist?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

Graham wrote: »
    “Why don’t they go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came. Then come back and show us how it is done. These places need your help badly, you can’t leave fast enough.”

Trump referring to four members of Congress: Ilhan Omar of Minnesota, a Somali American; Ayanna Pressley of Massachusetts, an African American; Rashida Tlaib of Michigan, a Palestinian American; and Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez of New York, a Puerto Rican.

but not racist?

Weren’t 3 of those women born in the US, so not exactly a ringing endorsement of the US from Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,582 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

He has a history of doing racist things, of using racist words. Now if that doesn't make him a racist i dont know what does.
    Can you provide examples of this.

eagle eye wrote: »
    Can you provide examples of this.

I am not revealing the 3rd secret of fatima here. His history in this regard is all well known and i dont see the point of rehashing it with people who are JAQing

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

No - Like being taken to court for refusing the rent properties to Black people or taking out full page adverts in Newspapers calling for the death penalty for innocent kids..

Stuff like that.

He's not a racist in the "purity of the bloodline" vileness that you get with the KKK and the like , but he just looks down on people that aren't like him.

He's also simply not very bright , so he falls for easy tropes and bullsh!t sterotypes.

Black people are lazy criminals , Jews are good with Money , Mexicans are sneaky etc. etc.

Check out the quotes around the above attributed to him by the ghost writer of his books.

So , technically speaking maybe he isn't quite "racist" in a text book definition , but he is utterly pig-ignorant and uses tired racial/gender stereotypes all the time.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

but not racist?
    Smee_Again wrote: »
    Weren’t 3 of those women born in the US, so not exactly a ringing endorsement of the US from Trump.

Indeed and in the case of Ayanna Pressley her family have been in the US far longer than Trumps ancestors , but she should "go back to where she came from"

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    Indeed and in the case of Ayanna Pressley her family have been in the US far longer than Trumps ancestors , but she should "go back to where she came from"

Ohio?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,134 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Yes but that's all they are opinions. You think he is racist. I disagree. It's subjective and there is no one judge. In 20 years, things that today are deemed acceptable by all of us could be considered racist. For example up until a week ago the term "sexual preference" was an acceptable term for the LGBT community. Overnight it became a slur apparently. This stuff is such BS.
    Sexual preference is not a slur.

But it was used very pointedly when she was questioned multiple times and wouldn't answer.
    A preference indicates some kind of a choice, like me preferring chocolate ice cream over vanilla.
    The fact I am gay is not a choice or a preference.

but not racist?

How was that racist? They left hellholes behind to have great lives in the US, instead they lecture Americans on how racist and despicable they are.

• Advertisement

Smee_Again wrote: »

I'll bet they don't describe themselves as Americans with out least a suffix or two thrown in though.;)

How was that racist? They left hellholes behind to have great lives in the US, instead they lecture Americans on how racist and despicable they are.

Ohio, detroit and new york are ****holes and they should go back to them? try to educate yourself a little bit before posting.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

Was waiting on the whataboutary..

Those comments don't lessen Trump's actions.

I am not revealing the 3rd secret of fatima here. His history in this regard is all well known and i dont see the point of rehashing it with people who are JAQing

What does JAQing mean.
    I'd suspect he is racist but I have not heard anything to back it up.
    The Central park five thing was awful but not racist even though you'd suspect it was a big part of the reason he was out to get them the death penalty.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,601 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

As pointed out, 3 of 4 were native US citizens. Nice try, though.

So, why is Trump describing where they came from as 'hellholes.' Is Puerto Rico, a US protectorate for over 100 years, a hellhole? Pretty nice place from what I've heard, though screwed up politically (hey, America!) and had some bad natural disasters the last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,734 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

So I put myself in the position if the guy who decides how much it costs.
    We do the Trump one and they pay immediately and are delighted. I think to myself, hmm that felt too easy, could we charge more? Biden comes along and I go 100 bucks per view. They say too much well give you 85 I say 95 they say 90 I go 92.50 they go 91 and I go deal.
    Saying they are screwing Biden and suggesting it's them taking sides is a bit rich imo.
    Facebook screw everybody and the vast majority of their users don't even realise it.
    Hard to know which way Zuckerberg would go either, you'd think being a billionaire he'd be pro-Reoublican but he's interested in renewable energy and was against Trump's status on immigrants.

It's a pretty dumb article, of course it will cost more to target the same people again, the DNC should have been going after them first, not second, so can't complain when the price goes up, like complaining about hotel and flight prices when a match or concert is on (if those days can be remembered :)).

What does JAQing mean.
    The Central park five thing was awful but not racist even though you'd suspect it was a big part of the reason he was out to get them the death penalty.

I've already posted 2 examples of his racism. Now I don't know about you but somebody who refuses to rent to black people and uses the word n***** around others is one I would tend to describe as racist.

What does JAQing mean.

I've already posted 2 examples of his racism. Now I don't know about you but somebody who refuses to rent to black people and uses the word n***** around others is one I would tend to describe as racist.

Igotadose wrote: »
    As pointed out, 3 of 4 were native US citizens. Nice try, though.

So, why is Trump describing where they came from as 'hellholes.' Is Puerto Rico, a US protectorate for over 100 years, a hellhole? Pretty nice place from what I've heard, though screwed up politically (hey, America!) and had some bad natural disasters the last few years.

AOC is from the bronx.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

The thing Trump did? Now you are doing it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,601 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

AOC is from the bronx.

She's an American success story, hard working, graduated with high honors from University, worked her way through. Will make a great Senator someday.

What does JAQing mean.

Just Asking a Question.

That habit of giving air-cover to yourself by framing a dig at someone as you "just asking a question"

As in

"Is Joe Biden a Satanist Pedophile , I'm not saying he is.. I'm just asking the question...."

Similar to Trumps - "A lot of people are saying" schtick.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,558 ✭✭✭Ardillaun

That’s a generational thing. Trump and Biden are elderly white men from the ruling elite. Both say weird stuff but Trump went beyond mere talk long ago. His racism wasn’t just casual or unconscious and ever since he ran for the current job he’s deliberately made racism a key part of his appeal.

the funniest part of trump telling people to go home is that his own mother wasn't born in the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

Except 3 of them didn’t.

The more Trumpers post the easier it is to see how he dupes them so easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,134 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Igotadose wrote: »
    She's an American success story, hard working, graduated with high honors from University, worked her way through. Will make a great Senator someday.
    Exactly.
    I love how people throw the fact she used to work as a waitress and a bartender as a criticism...lol
    She wasn't born with a fecking silver spoon in her mouth she worked to get where she is.

the funniest part of trump telling people to go home is that his own mother wasn't born in the US.

Or that his own German grandfather was in the US on the lamb from German authorities for skipping out on Military service (clearly that runs in the family).

As an interesting aside - His grandfather was one of the 1st recorded deaths due to the Spanish Flu in New York in 1918.

Or that his own German grandfather was in the US on the lamb from German authorities for skipping out on Military service (clearly that runs in the family).

the fruit didnt fall far from that tree.

Quin_Dub wrote:
    Just Asking a Question.
    Cheers for that. I never do that though, I'm genuinely asking questions.

• Advertisement

As an interesting aside - His grandfather was one of the 1st recorded deaths due to the Spanish Flu in New York in 1918.

trump used to lie that his grandfather was from sweden not germany.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement