Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Ultimate battle for the fate of our universe (pt 3)Read OP 01/11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

Democrats in the US Congress have announced a plan to create a commission to review whether Donald Trump is capable of carrying out his presidential duties or should face removal from office.

The office of the House speaker, Nancy Pelosi, announced a Friday press conference about the bill after she expressed concern that Trump, who is under treatment for coronavirus at the White House, is suffering a “disassociation from reality”.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/oct/08/nancy-pelosi-donald-trump-25th-amendment-removal

they can't remove him from office without pence's agreement which obviously isn't going to happen so this is a move basically to troll trump and make him go even more bat**** crazy. pelosi is a smart lady.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,483 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

froog wrote: »
    Democrats in the US Congress have announced a plan to create a commission to review whether Donald Trump is capable of carrying out his presidential duties or should face removal from office.

The office of the House speaker, Nancy Pelosi, announced a Friday press conference about the bill after she expressed concern that Trump, who is under treatment for coronavirus at the White House, is suffering a “disassociation from reality”.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/oct/08/nancy-pelosi-donald-trump-25th-amendment-removal

they can't remove him from office without pence's agreement which obviously isn't going to happen so this is a move basically to troll trump and make him go even more bat**** crazy. pelosi is a smart lady.

This is a political stunt that will swiftly backfire.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,554 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

froog wrote:

Pelosi is a despicable person. This is all her doing, you can be sure of that.
    She's constantly dragging the Democrat party down into the dirt. The sooner she's gone the better.
    This is a controversial move too and it's something that could potentially get some people pitying Trump, the ill man being attacked by the Democrats. Exactly what the Biden campaign doesn't need.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Pelosi really needs to stay out of this. It’s a dumb move.

He’s ****ed it up for himself. This stunt doesn’t win votes.

25A is really set up for the Cabinet to use, not the Congress. What she's talking about doing is passing a new law - which won't happen under Trump or McConnell, so it's really just the dems making a position on future 25A issues:

"Whenever the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive departments or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall immediately assume the powers and duties of the office as Acting President."

So the move has nothing to do with unseating Trump or anything, it's a big gesture to protest whether the President is actually well enough to govern.

• Advertisement

This on the same day the FBI arrested six Maga asshats for planning the kidnap of Gretchen Whitmer:

https://twitter.com/ABC/status/1314246031710859265

Christ.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,682 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

I read pelosi is 80 earlier on

Ffs what is it with America and geriatric politicians running the show over there

I read pelosi is 80 earlier on

Ffs what is it with America and geriatric politicians running the show over there

In simple terms its down to the voters and the advantage of incumbency.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭dinorebel

eagle eye wrote: »
    Pelosi is a despicable person. This is all her doing, you can be sure of that.
    She's constantly dragging the Democrat party down into the dirt. The sooner she's gone the better.
    This is a controversial move too and it's something that could potentially get some people pitying Trump, the ill man being attacked by the Democrats. Exactly what the Biden campaign doesn't need.

But he's not ill came out of hospital feeling 20 years younger

• Registered Users Posts: 38,554 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

dinorebel wrote:
    But he's not ill came out of hospital feeling 20 years younger
    You know how they'll portray it in a situation like this.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-administration-coronavirus-vaccine-researcher-covid-19-cure-60-minutes/

Reading this it looks like trump cut funding for his miracle drug in May. Maybe I'm reading it wrong!

Overheal wrote: »

Yeah I'd say that's not going to happen

DubInMeath wrote: »
    Yeah I'd say that's not going to happen

And when it doesn't happen it will blow up in the headlines. It's Buzzfeed suing the government.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,115 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Overheal wrote: »

This feels absurdly to online for Trump. It will generate retweets but not one extra vote. Arguably Clinton made the same mistake in 2016 and obviously the primary examples was Corbyn last year and Bernie in 2020 who both placed way to much emphasis on twitter etc.

Its also a bit weak from Trump, still moaning non stop about all this supposed sabotage,,,and done what exactly? Not that alpha whatsoever.

3 weeks before the election he needs to stop playing the hits from years ago and come up with something fresh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Gretas Gonna Get Ya!

Rjd2 wrote: »
    This feels absurdly to online for Trump. It will generate retweets but not one extra vote. Arguably Clinton made the same mistake in 2016 and obviously the primary examples was Corbyn last year and Bernie in 2020 who both placed way to much emphasis on twitter etc.

Its also a bit weak from Trump, still moaning non stop about all this supposed sabotage,,,and done what exactly? Not that alpha whatsoever.

3 weeks before the election he needs to stop playing the hits from years ago and come up with something fresh.

It is still just as relevant today, as it was back then. Because the democrats have not changed tactics since the last election.

They are still trying to bully everyone and control what people are allowed to think.

The 'russian hoax' during the last election, was a disgraceful tactic from the left to lie to the American people and dismiss anything that they didn't have answers to... and they still don't have the answers to what caused the Trump phenomenon to occur to this day. Which is why they are struggling in this election, in all the same ways they were back in 2016.

I remember watching this video a couple of years ago. They tried their best to bury this movement, specifically using the 'russian hoax' tactic... but millions of people are not swallowing the liberal BS anymore. People are waking up to these things and thinking for themselves... making their own mind up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Donald Trump plans to hold a rally on SATURDAY in Florida after getting doctor's note clearing him for 'public engagements' despite the risk of spreading infection - and president admits he has not yet tested negative for coronavirus

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Cody montana

“ California is gonna have to ration water. You wanna know why? Because they send millions of gallons of water out to sea, out to the Pacific. Because they want to take care of certain little tiny fish, that aren't doing very well without water." -- Trump

Well technically he’s correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,559 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Donald Trump plans to hold a rally on SATURDAY in Florida after getting doctor's note clearing him for 'public engagements' despite the risk of spreading infection - and president admits he has not yet tested negative for coronavirus

Sounds about right, for a narrcacisst
    “ California is gonna have to ration water. You wanna know why? Because they send millions of gallons of water out to sea, out to the Pacific. Because they want to take care of certain little tiny fish, that aren't doing very well without water." -- Trump

....or maybe they haven't invested enough in their water infrastructure in decades.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭patnor1011

I am going to wait few more days. Odds on betting on Trump getting back again are increasing. He won me some money last time so I put some of that back in and I may nearly triple it again.

No matter what you think about Trump - Biden is a placeholder candidate and a lot of people in the USA are not too happy about his VP pick. Yeah, being a woman and minority may look appealing to woke twatterati but the majority of the people are not interested in SJW agenda.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Saw this on FB a few weeks back. The question keeps coming up, why will people vote for the #IMPOTUS. A bit of a screed, but I think very realistic, it's pointless to engage with the true believers.
    ---

The question was posed, "Why do people continue supporting Trump no matter what he does?" A lady named Bev answered it this way:
    “You all don't get it. I live in Trump country, in the Ozarks in southern Missouri, one of the last places where the KKK still has a relatively strong established presence.
    They don't give a sh*twhat he does. He's just something to rally around and hate liberals, that's it, period.
    He absolutely realizes that and plays it up. They love it. He knows they love it.
    The fact that people act like it's anything other than that proves to them that liberals are idiots, all the more reason for high fives all around.
    If you keep getting caught up in "why do they not realize this problem" and "how can they still back Trump after this scandal," then you do not understand what the underlying motivating factor of his support is. It's fcuk liberals, that's pretty much it.
    Have you noticed he can do pretty much anything imaginable, and they'll explain some way that rationalizes it that makes zero logical sense?
    Because they're not even keeping track of any coherent narrative, it's irrelevant. Fcuk liberals is the only relevant thing.
    Trust me; I know firsthand what I'm talking about.
    That's why they just laugh at it all because you all don't even realize they truly don't give a fcuk about whatever the conversation is about.
    It's just a side mission story that doesn't matter anyway.
    That's all just trivial details - the economy, health care, whatever.
    Fcuk liberals.
    Look at the issue with not wearing the masks.
    I can tell you what that's about. It's about exposing fear. They're playing chicken with nature, and whoever flinches just moved down their internal pecking order, one step closer to being a liberal.
    You've got to understand the one core value that they hold above all others is hatred for what they consider weakness because that's what they believe strength is, hatred of weakness.
    And I mean passionate, sadistic hatred.
    And I'm not exaggerating. Believe me.
    Sadistic, passionate hatred, and that's what proves they're strong, their passionate hatred for weakness.
    Sometimes they will lump vulnerability in with weakness.
    They do that because people tend to start humbling themselves when they're in some compromising or overwhelming circumstance, and to them, that's an obvious sign of weakness.
    Kindness = weakness. Honesty = weakness.
    Compromise = weakness.
    They consider their very existence to be superior in every way to anyone who doesn't hate weakness as much as they do.
    They consider liberals to be weak people that are inferior, almost a different species, and the fact that liberals are so weak is why they have to unite in large numbers, which they find disgusting, but it's that disgust that is a true expression of their natural superiority.
    Go ahead and try to have a logical, rational conversation with them. Just keep in mind what I said here and be forewarned.”

• Registered Users Posts: 29,559 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

patnor1011 wrote:
    No matter what you think about Trump - Biden is a placeholder candidate and a lot of people in the USA are not too happy about his VP pick. Yeah, being a woman and minority may look appealing to woke twatterati but the majority of the people are not interested in SJW agenda.

....boring....

Woke sjw, ffs! What age are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

patnor1011 wrote: »
    I am going to wait few more days. Odds on betting on Trump getting back again are increasing. He won me some money last time so I put some of that back in and I may nearly triple it again.

I thought she was a monster who locked up innocent black men. Can you guys not make up your mind?

I thought she was a monster who locked up innocent black men. Can you guys not make up your mind?

As with Biden she's part of the extreme left who want to destroy America while at the same time not left wing enough for the Democrats and will betray the left.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Well I'm glad that at least all the BS about Biden being senile, getting confused during the debate etc has gone away. That was getting tiresome. If anything the shoe is well and truly on the other foot now. It was interesting to notice Mitch McConnell very publicly differing with Trump on his attitude towards coronavirus. He said he hasn't been to the white house since August because their coronavirus policy was too lax and he didn't think it was safe. Not a full on criticism but pretty close. Maybe Mitch thinks it game over and he wants to distance himself from the Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

patnor1011 wrote: »

Reinvesting everything each time, guarentees you end up with zero, unless there is no risk.

You gotta ask yourself, do you feel lucky?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,588 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Reinvesting everything each time, guarentees you end up with zero, unless there is no risk.

You gotta ask yourself, do you feel lucky?

Well?

Do ya...PUNK?

Another day, another Trump related indictment:

https://twitter.com/davidjoachim/status/1314265144680165377

This on the same day the FBI arrested six Maga asshats for planning the kidnap of Gretchen Whitmer:

https://twitter.com/ABC/status/1314246031710859265

Are Republicans tired of winning yet? :rolleyes:

I think the six individuals militia, involved should get a presidential pardon, seeing as they were only attempting to do what Trump directly called for.

Well?

Do ya...PUNK?

You ruined my dog whistle ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Another day, another Trump related indictment:

https://twitter.com/davidjoachim/status/1314265144680165377
    Broidy's the big Trump backer that paid a mistress to have an abortion, negotiated by Michael Cohen, with rumors as to who the baby daddy actually *was* (hint: Mushrooms and Oranges)

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/09/08/politics/elliott-broidy-lawsuit-mistress-payment-breach/index.html

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement