Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Ultimate battle for the fate of our universe (pt 3)Read OP 01/11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Real Donald Trump

No but it could well be a death sentence for those who catch and pass it on to loved ones particularly the elderly.

People can't be locked up/restricted forever though.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,764 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Trump doing his best to humiliate as many republican senators as he can. So sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

I’m confident nobody has actually said they should be

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Gretas Gonna Get Ya!

Protect the weak/vulnerable/elderly, and get on with living our lives. 99% will get mild symptoms and recover. The money we are flushing down the toilet with these lockdowns, will hurt everyone in the long run. The economy = people's lives and livelihoods.

And this is the message, that is going to win the election for Trump... rather than the negativity and pessimism of the Dems.

tenor.gif?itemid=12403122

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Protect the weak/vulnerable/elderly, and get on with living our lives. 99% will get mild symptoms and recover. The money we are flushing down the toilet with these lockdowns, will hurt everyone in the long run. The economy = people's lives and livelihoods.

And this is the message, that is going to win the election for Trump... rather than the negativity and pessimism of the Dems.

clearly not an animated gif of Trumps actual dancing. He is afraid to move his feet in case he falls over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Trump Interior ends 45 years of endangered species protections for gray wolves, paving the way for hunting.

****ing savages.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

Snip crap image

And memes and slogans yay!!

FLG

• Registered Users Posts: 25,503 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Your typical Trump supporter... like fûcking lightening out of the traps to criticize any behavior of those of differing viewpoints and ethos’s but sure come out and support Donald during covid and end up in hospital taking up precious health resources and pressuring the health system and staff ALL because you wouldn’t stay hydrated, sheltered or just stay the fûck home.... typical right wingers, the first to apportion blame but last lot to accept responsibility.

Trump Interior ends 45 years of endangered species protections for gray wolves, paving the way for hunting.

****ing savages.

There is nothing savage about it.

The grey wolf has been successfully reintroduced over the last half century. They are doing great, and the best people to manage their numbers and ensure their continued survival, is the local hunters and landowners etc. Just as they are already doing in other parts of the country!

Wolves are already hunted in season elsewhere, and this is essential to prevent them from overpopulating and becoming a major nuisance to livestock owners. (which would inevitably result in huge amounts killed in uncontrolled hunting)

I know quite a bit about these beautiful creatures. They are not in any danger from hunting. Quite the opposite in fact, their numbers are difficult to control just like coyotes and other animals. But the locals and state level officials, are the best people to manage and protect them. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,037 ✭✭✭✭briany

It's going away, folks.

A vaccine is only a couple of weeks away (said for the last few months)

I had it and it was fine.

Trump's message on Covid isn't so much one of optimism as it is one of wilful ignorance. His message is not backed up by scientific consensus or statistics. It, at best, amounts to magical thinking.

And it's not either/or. You can be optimistic while being realistic. You can say listen to the scientific consensus and recommended best practices and try to keep low-Covid areas out of trouble. You can also say that in high-Covid areas, efforts to suppress the virus should be redoubled, but also promise federal aid, if needed to business owners and employees hurt by lockdowns. Move away from the disgusting partisanship of Trump on the issue and support governors in their management of their states. Don't, like Trump, go, "Well, it's going very well when you take out these states managed by governors of the other party", or go, "lock 'em all up!" when your crowd starts chanting, "lock her up!!" in regard to governor Whitmer. Does that sound unreasonable?

• Advertisement

There is nothing savage about it.

The grey wolf has been successfully reintroduced over the last half century. They are doing great, and the best people to manage their numbers and ensure their continued survival, is the local hunters and landowners etc. Just as they are already doing in other parts of the country!

Wolves are already hunted in season elsewhere, and this is essential to prevent them from overpopulating and becoming a major nuisance to livestock owners. (which would inevitably result in huge amounts killed in uncontrolled hunting)

I know quite a bit about these beautiful creatures. They are not in any danger from hunting. Quite the opposite in fact, their numbers are difficult to control just like coyotes and other animals. But the locals and state level officials, are the best people to manage and protect them. :)

Trump says eating lava is good.

I say it's bad.

You say it's good.

And repeat.

I say it's bad.

You say it's good.

And repeat.

well now I don't know whether I should be eating lava. It is all too confusing.

I say it's bad.

You say it's good.

And repeat.

It's not Trump pushing for this.

It's the locals, who live among these animals and understand how to manage them without big government interference. Wolves are doing just fine in other areas, where their numbers are responsibly managed with controlled hunting.

This is a very sensible decision. And long overdue in many areas.

well now I don't know whether I should be eating lava. It is all too confusing.

Buy a can of Trump lava.
    It's the best lava, believe me.
    Now with 33% extra lava!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,666 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Very interesting article on Politico regarding the 'shy Trump voter' and the effect they may have on in the election.

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2020/10/29/2020-polls-trump-biden-prediction-accurate-2016-433619

Basically, two pollsters who called a Trump win correctly on 2016 (in terms of the EC at least) are calling it for Trump again.

Buy a can of Trump lava.
    It's the best lava, believe me.
    Now with 33% extra lava!

many people are saying that.

It's the locals, who live among these animals and understand how to manage them without big government interference. Wolves are doing just fine in other areas, where their numbers are responsibly managed with controlled hunting.

He has allowed the killing of wolf pups and bear cubs in their dens. You have to be some sicko to get a kick from that.

What do you think caused their numbers to collapse in the first place?
    It was hunting and trapping.
    We are in the middle of a biodiversity apocalypse globally.
    Removing protections for these animals is just wrong.
    Culturally, ecologically and morally.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

Leroy42 wrote: »
    Very interesting article on Politico regarding the 'shy Trump voter' and the effect they may have on in the election.

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2020/10/29/2020-polls-trump-biden-prediction-accurate-2016-433619

Basically, two pollsters who called a Trump win correctly on 2016 (in terms of the EC at least) are calling it for Trump again.

Rep. wishful thinking / clickbait for TDS sufferers. There are just not enough undecideds this time out where the shy Trumpers would be hiding to swing it his way.

Yeah, they were right in 2016 not so much in 2018.

What do you think caused their numbers to collapse in the first place?
    It was hunting and trapping.
    We are in the middle of a biodiversity apocalypse globally.
    Removing protections for these animals is just wrong.
    Culturally, ecologically and morally.

And what do you think happens when an apex predator starts to overpopulate? (Which grey wolves have been for many years now)

You get over predation on other animals and livestock... you get species of deer starting to die off etc.

And you get more potentially dangerous encounters with people. All of which eventually leads to the wolf being demonized and hunted to extinction like in the past.

Giving control back to the states and locals is working very well in other areas.

And all protections are not being removed. They are still being monitored to ensure their numbers remain healthy. It's the most intelligent and common sense decision to make.

Sensible management of numbers is the best way to ensure their survival in the long term. Delisting is the ultimate goal of any endangered species - which has now been achieved with this animal. So it is a great success story!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

In these difficult times, times of extreme fear being perpetuated by the media, it is great that there is a world leader giving a message of hope. His courage in the face of extreme opposition I believe will win him the second term. If only there were more like him...

TUlPp2z.jpg

And what do you think happens when an apex predator starts to overpopulate? (Which grey wolves have been for many years now)

You get over predation on other animals and livestock... you get species of deer starting to die off etc.

And you get more potentially dangerous encounters with people. All of which eventually leads to the wolf being demonized and hunted to extinction like in the past.

Giving control back to the states and locals is working very well in other areas.

And all protections are not being removed. They are still being monitored to ensure their numbers remain healthy. It's the most intelligent and common sense decision to make.

Sensible management of numbers is the best way to ensure their survival in the long term. Delisting is the ultimate goal of any endangered species - which has now been achieved with this animal. So it is a great success story!

Yet, animals have existed in healthy populations for hundreds of thousands of years together.
    They never needed to be managed.
    We are the ones that have put everything off balance, not the animals.

Trump has rolled back protections for animals, forests and marine habitats.
    For clean water and air.
    There is no forgiving this.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,134 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Trump haters are vile virtue signaling hypocrites, they accuse Trump supporters of being racist, bigoted, misogynists which actually makes them bigots themselves, assuming someone is racist because they support a specific politician. I hate how if a celibrity shows their support for Trump they are unfollowed and ridiculed, it is childish behaviour from hate filled hipsters. I will laugh and dance around my living room if Trump wins.
    I suppose it's a natural reaction to people who fervently support someone who exhibits those exact characteristics?

I wouldn't personally hold much weight in what a celebrity thinks about politics.

I think you might not get to laugh and dance around your living room this time but hey I am just a hate filled hipster.

Also....that's a username and a half......are you Jerry Falwell Jr by any chance? What's the story behind it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

Not long to go now. Expecting a few more unsubstantiated claims from Trump et al between now and Monday night in the hope something sticks but it looks like they are really scraping the bottom of the barrel already for ideas.

It's clear as day however that Trump is stacking the deck so he can contest this election. Unless he gets a hiding in the EC vote then I reckon this is going to get messy. I think his chances of getting 270 EC's himself are minimal at the moment but America is a strange place currently.

Looking forward to all the reporting on Tuesday night/ Wednesday morning. Here's hoping he gets the message he deserves and he is volleyed out of the WH by the electorate. No matter what happens, I really hope nobody over there does something silly if they don't get the result they were hoping for but given the rhetoric that Trump has been spewing I can definitely foresee some pockets of violence if he does indeed lose.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

I'm giving most Trump supporters on Boards the benefit of the doubt and assume they are wind up merchants. Because if they were to truly believe what they write I would genuinely feel sorry for them.

Yet, animals have existed in healthy populations for hundreds of thousands of years together.
    They never needed to be managed.
    We are the ones that have put everything off balance, not the animals.

Trump has rolled back protections for animals, forests and marine habitats.
    For clean water and air.
    There is no forgiving this.

You know, for someone with the word 'montana' in your name, you seem very naive about how the real world works out in these wilderness areas.

People have hunted wolves since the dawn of time.

If left uncontrolled, grey wolf numbers would explode and cause a huge myriad of problems.

Like I've already said, nobody is removing ALL protections for grey wolves... they are simply giving control back to state and local authorities - who are fully capable of managing their numbers responsibly. They have proven this in other areas already!

You sound like the type of person who would call a park ranger in the phoenix park a "savage" for culling the deer herd, and keeping their numbers from exploding and causing mayhem... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

vojiwox wrote: »
    A half hour YouTube dump for those too lazy to type :)

Sorry if it is too long for some here attention spans :) Have you ever heard of 1.5x speed. I watch all videos like that as there is only so much time. Also a half hour is nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

gmisk wrote: »
    I suppose it's a natural reaction to people who fervently support someone who exhibits those exact characteristics?

I wouldn't personally hold much weight in what a celebrity thinks about politics.

I think you might not get to laugh and dance around your living room this time but hey I am just a hate filled hipster.

Also....that's a username and a half......are you Jerry Falwell Jr by any chance? What's the story behind it?

Another re-reg no doubt, probably took the name from his browser history.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Quite a few re-regs on tonight. Usual copy and paste sh1te.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,037 ✭✭✭✭briany

Bigot: says bigoted things.

Anti-Bigot: You're a pr*ck

Bigot: *Offended gasp*

If someone wants to be a bigot, then be a bigot, but don't go around playing the victim. Own it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement