Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Ultimate battle for the fate of our universe (pt 3)Read OP 01/11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,466 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I think the six individuals militia, involved should get a presidential pardon, seeing as they were only attempting to do what Trump directly called for.

we need to stop calling them a militia and describe them as the right-wing terrorists they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

Overheal wrote: »
    25A is really set up for the Cabinet to use, not the Congress. What she's talking about doing is passing a new law - which won't happen under Trump or McConnell, so it's really just the dems making a position on future 25A issues:

"Whenever the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive departments or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall immediately assume the powers and duties of the office as Acting President."

So the move has nothing to do with unseating Trump or anything, it's a big gesture to protest whether the President is actually well enough to govern.

I'm sure Pelosi has no interest in utilising this if Biden/Harris do get in. Pretty smart. :pac::pac:
    Et tu Kamala ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭relax carry on

RIGOLO wrote: »
    look at this DEMOCRAT loolah ... pulls a knife on TRump supporters.
    And he was a blogger for the Washington State DEMOCRAT Party.
    This Democrat supporter is going down, big time, lose his job and going to a Grand Jury.

Is this an example of the left having a logical rational conversation ... whilst holding a shiv... classy ...

Morning Rigolo. Any comment on Trumps mental and physical state at the moment and his ability to carry out the office of POTUS?

we need to stop calling them a militia and describe them as the right-wing terrorists they are.

They're just an idea.

WrenBoy wrote: »
    They're just an idea.

nice try but a total failure on your part

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭AlphaDelta1

America looks so divided between right and left it's almost impossible to see any change no matter who wins in a few weeks time. In truth it's been that way for as long as i can remember but Trump has just thrown petrol on it's fire.

One thing is almost guaranteed in my view and that's Trump won't be the last lunatic to hold office in America. Sooner or later someone will come along with the same views as he holds but with much more intelligence in terms of bringing people with him/her and getting those views enacted.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,451 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

This Democrat supporter is going down, big time, lose his job and going to a Grand Jury.

Is this an example of the left having a logical rational conversation ... whilst holding a shiv... classy ...

So have you an opinion on trump being medicated with a non-fda approved drug that's harvested from stem cells?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

Calling them six individuals as the republician leadership has completely glosses over the fact that these guys were organised in a militia, with no democratic mandate.

Such a militia can only be a terrorist organisation, not calling them a militia glosses over this and lets militias up and down the country off the hook.

Yea he is definately doing it wrong, he should have had an ar15, I guess you'd be happy with him then.

Reminds me of crocodile dundee "that's not a knife..."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Ande1975

One thing is almost guaranteed in my view and that's Trump won't be the last lunatic to hold office in America. Sooner or later someone will come along with the same views as he holds but with much more intelligence in terms of bringing people with him/her and getting those views enacted.

100% agree with this.... Trump has given daylight to this crazy and the impact of the pandemic on life and economy

As Quin_Dub wrote:
    "To be honest , it feels to me that they are cutting their losses before the Election.

I think they know they are going to lose.

They fill the seat on the Supreme court which they hope/expect will hobble any major structural changes a Biden Presidency might try to implement.

They don't want to hand out any Stimulus before the Election because the absolute last thing they want to do is give any kind of leg-up in the incoming administration in terms of fending off the worst effects of the Economic downturn.

They want 30+ Million people evicted , they want people queueing outside food banks etc.

And from midday on January 20th , it will all be Bidens fault and they and their mouth-pieces on Fox et al will shout that from the roof-tops daily in the hopes that people will forget who caused it and get them back into the game in the midterms in 2022."

Some americans are really stupid as Bill Maher kept saying!

I loved the US, I have family living there and once upon a time regretted passing up on a chance to live there but regrets no more. Happy to live here

Calling them six individuals as the republician leadership has completely glosses over the fact that these guys were organised in a militia, with no democratic mandate.

Such a militia can only be a terrorist organisation, not calling them a militia glosses over this and lets militias up and down the country off the hook.

describing them as a militia gives them an air of legitimacy. they are terrorists pure and simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭patnor1011

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    ....boring....

Woke sjw, ffs! What age are you?

White supremacist, racist, dumb, liar...
    ...boring too and probably something to do with age too. Mental age that is.

describing them as a militia gives them an air of legitimacy. they are terrorists pure and simple.

Nice try, but total failure on your part.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,588 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

If they had been black you can bet your ass they would have been labeled as domestic terrorists.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,559 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

patnor1011 wrote: »
    White supremacist, racist, dumb, liar...
    ...boring too and probably something to do with age too. Mental age that is.

yup, trump certainly has the age profile of, actually i wont insult the kids....

This "air of legitimacy" needs to be dispelled. They need to be linked to and called on the terrorist acts they commit. A necessary step in dismantling the toxic gun culture the US is infected with.

This "air of legitimacy" needs to be dispelled. They need to be linked to and called on the terrorist acts they commit. A necessary step in dismantling the toxic gun culture the US is infected with.

indeed it does need to be dispelled but as it stands now a militia is legal. Plotting to kidnap the state governor isn't.

have you ever had an original thought of your own?

I can't comprehend your point. Any chance you'd elaborate on it?

• Advertisement

they were just copying a reply i made to one of their posts. they can't even be original in their attempted insults

Just an example of the vapid nonsense insults made by some posters, I didn't bother to ask them to elaborate.

Just an example of the vapid nonsense insults made by some posters, I didn't bother to ask them to elaborate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

This on the same day the FBI arrested six Maga asshats for planning the kidnap of Gretchen Whitmer:

https://twitter.com/ABC/status/1314246031710859265

Are Republicans tired of winning yet? :rolleyes:

It's kind of increasingly obvious why Trump supporters got so bent out of shape about the white supremacist cult like extremists in last year's TV show Watchmen who want to violently overthrow the government.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Hoop66

Inquitus wrote: »
    Just noticed he has gone mental on twitter the past 24 hours with a ridiculous amount of tweets.

To be fair, this post could have been written pretty much any time in the last 4 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,554 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

It's kind of increasingly obvious why Trump supporters got so bent out of shape about the white supremacist cult like extremists in last year's TV show Watchmen who want to violently overthrow the government.
    Yep, real life and a TV show are such a great comparison!!!

eagle eye wrote: »
    Yep, real life and a TV show are such a great comparison!!!

Remember when he was trying to bring about The Handmaids Tale in real life when that show was popular ?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

https://twitter.com/TheDailyShow/status/1314342990639329281?s=19

Dear god this is terrifying. They are so dumb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Gretas Gonna Get Ya!

Ande1975 wrote: »
    Some americans are really stupid as Bill Maher kept saying!

And some Americans are really stupid, for calling other people stupid. :rolleyes:

It's the losing strategy of the left.

Do people like Bill Maher actually think they achieve anything by deriding and mocking millions of their fellow citizens?

People's views just become more deeply entrenched when you mock and ridicule them. You don't change people's mind (if that is in fact your goal), by trying to paint people as being below you either morally or intellectually. Just for simply having a different political persuasion.

People like Maher might get a few chuckles. But they are driving more people away from liberalism in the US, because of their arrogant sneering attitude to anyone who doesn't share their views.

Bill Maher will be laughing all the way to 2024 - with Trump as his president for another 4 years! :)

• Advertisement

Since we're doing Youtube videos this series is usually pretty funny and interesting. There is one bit thats a bit full on though. just so your not caught unaware.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement