Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Ultimate battle for the fate of our universe (pt 3)Read OP 01/11

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

vojiwox wrote: »
    He was in Minnesota

Tampa, Florida behind him on a sign

Text FL to 30330 in front of him on the podium

He was in Florida

• Registered Users Posts: 13,848 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

He was in Minnesota

Who picked the sign for him to stand in front of.

It's basic error stuff.

Why is he back in Minnesota. Is that twice in one week?

That's interesting, Minnesota should not be a concern for the Dems, going by polling data. Lots of other places to aim for or shore up.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,530 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Thanks for editing that in, though I'm not sure it's as promising for trum pas you made out - the black percentage is down 1.1% but that is offset by the Asian vote (where Trump is also behind Biden massively) raising by 0.9%.

Much, much more worrying for Trump here is that the non college educated white vote, which was his absolute bread and butter in 2016, is down a whopping 4.9% as a total of the voters. The data in your link reads worse for him than it does for Biden.

It's also heavily offset by far higher numbers of total votes being cast early, the 0.7% drop is more than compensated for by hundreds of thousands more votes being cast.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

He was in Florida

No. Minnesota.

https://www.c-span.org/video/?477539-1/joe-biden-campaigns-st-paul-minnesota

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Danzy wrote: »

It's basic error stuff.

Why is he back in Minnesota. Is that twice in one week?

That's interesting, Minnesota should not be a concern for the Dems, going by polling data. Lots of other places to aim for or shore up.

And the podium sign

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,556 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

where are you Joe...

Prince music playing him onto the stage must've tricking him into thinking he was in the twin cities. That's how Joe rolls, on vibes and sounds. Not billboards.

Overheal wrote: »
    OK I think I see your confusion.

Early voting according to TargetSmart, Florida, by Race+Education (only Whites are broken down by college and non-college, #privilege):

African American voters as a percentage of 100% of early and absentee votes cast:

2016: 13.4%
    2018: 13.8%
    2020: 12.7%

... However, you are not taking into account the number of votes being cast (see Graham's post)

Coupling the early voting totals and the percentages we have the following estimate for number of African American early and absentee ballots in the state of Florida:

2016: 114,437
    2018: 95,590
    2020: 130,164

Ergo, there are clearly more African American early and absentee votes cast in 2020 than in either 2018 or 2016.

No, no confusion. Some posters here, yourself included didn't read my post and went off on a tangent.

I've looked at both figures for the last 2 weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭vojiwox

He was in Florida

The internet must be an amazing place for you!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,762 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

if-you-dont-vote-on-november-3-2020-theyll-pick-66548456.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,527 ✭✭✭tobefrank321

Polls may be as unreliable this time as they were in 2016 when non college educated voters are considered. And national polls are meaningless. Biden winning is not assured.

Phoebas wrote: »

It's a mess up by him campaign then, careless.

What do you think the reasoning is behind another stop in MN.

What do you think the reasoning is behind another stop in MN.

It's doctored footage fam.

go to 28th minute, see for yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

Again. No.
    Do you ever get tired of being wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭omega man

Polls may be as unreliable this time as they were in 2016 when non college educated voters are considered. And national polls are meaningless. Biden winning is not assured.

Nothing is assured and I don’t think many would disagree on either side.
    Re the 2016 polls, I’m sure they had Clinton at around 2-4% nationally during the last week which was somewhat reflected in the actual (popular) vote.

It's basic error stuff.

No. It's fake.

Christ. No wonder Rudi and Tucker had ye all convinced.

No. It's fake.

'had?'

'had?'

Just awaiting Donald's retweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭drogon.

No. It's fake.

As the saying goes, It’s Easier to Fool People Than to Convince Them That They Have Been Fooled.

'had?'
    But why won't Biden confirm that it's fake? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,593 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Oh thats just embarrassing for you! Seriously lads so ye not even do the most basic of checks before throwing out these edited videos every day?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

85,259,745 is that number accurate for early voting already?
    https://targetearly.targetsmart.com/?view_type=National&demo=Race%20+%20Education&demo_val=All

43,991,614 says in 2016.

With those stats, it might not be all that bad for Biden after all? You would think early voters are more inclined to vote democrat? It's a pity we don't have a breakdown for the 85 million voters and their exact location. Joe Biden receiving 10 million extra votes in California not going to help him flip states. A few million new votes in battleground states would.

Early voting jumps here since 2016 are staggering and maybe an overlooked problem for Trump.

https://targetearly.targetsmart.com/?view_type=National&demo=Race%20+%20Education&demo_val=All

It's doctored footage fam.

go to 28th minute, see for yourself.

Fine, it seems so.

It's immaterial either way.

Much more interesting is why is he back in Minnesota?

The interesting side of politics rather than the repetition that goes on in this thread .

Is there any interest at all in the election?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Gretas Gonna Get Ya!

if-you-dont-vote-on-november-3-2020-theyll-pick-66548456.png

Nobody told me it was that time of the day again... :pac:

I see your meme kermit, and raise you:

images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcSzes0GVnrT5mil7M3OQDqq6Gyc5UPmJy1VWA&usqp=CAU

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

My guess would be campaigning.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭tom_murphy112

But why won't Biden confirm that it's fake? :pac:

Same reason you don’t have to come out saying fake, every time I tweet saying I rode your ma last night. When me and you know it was fake!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,373 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

85,259,745 is that number accurate for early voting already?

43,991,614 says in 2016.

With those stats, it might not be all that bad for Biden after all? You would think early voters are more inclined to vote democrat? It's a pity we don't have a breakdown for the 85 million voters and their exact location. Joe Biden receiving 10 million extra votes in California not going to help him flip states. A few million new votes in battleground states would.

Early voting jumps here since 2016 are staggering and maybe an overlooked problem for Trump.

Overlooked?!! Where have you been? So far 67.6% of the *total* 2016 vote has been cast.

You can get a breakdown by most states from this excellent source: https://electproject.github.io/Early-Vote-2020G/index.html

People have been screaming about this so I don't see how you feel it has been overlooked. On the whole, a huge turnout is never a good thing for an incumbent or in modern elections - the Republican candidate.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Fine, it seems so.

It's immaterial either way.

The interesting side of politics rather than the repetition that goes on in this thread .

Is there any interest at all in the election?

It's starting to dawn on everyone that the polls have been insane and are now in the process of scraping back some credibility. I assume this is coming as a surprise to those who bought the hype.

It's starting to dawn on everyone that the polls have been insane and are now in the process of scraping back some credibility. I assume this is coming as a surprise to those who bought the hype.

I would say it's more avoiding complacency which is a wise strategy. Biden camp has constantly avoided it.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 70 ✭✭Himpy5

Polls are BS and so easy to manipulate.
    I know this from experience.

A terribly weak straw to cling to

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement