Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trump vs Biden 2020, Ultimate battle for the fate of our universe (pt 3)Read OP 01/11

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,064 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Biden is ahead by 6 point lead in Arizona.

Ironically his stupid attacks on John McCain has cost him the state.

About 1% difference in party registration in votes cast, many polls now are margin of error, some put Trump ahead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,878 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Going by this other poster link. The mail in voting very poor for democrats. Lot of these states may be won on the day?
    https://electproject.github.io/Early-Vote-2020G/AZ.html

People very rarely change their identified affiliations, they change their votes.

There is no republican in Arizona happy with the way Trump treated McCain - none. McCain is a hero in that state.

Plenty of registered republicans will vote for Joe Biden (as in other states) - it's a question of the percentage.

Danzy wrote: »
    About 1% difference in party registration in votes cast, many polls now are margin of error, some put Trump ahead.

No it doesn't.

Explained above.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

And after the last few years it is 100% expected without a single modicum of surprise.

More importantly, and much like when they tried to ram a Presidential candidate off the road... where are the cops?

Seems it was the cops blocking them from exiting off..

https://twitter.com/ElijahSchaffer/status/1322999334435172364?s=19

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 70 ✭✭Himpy5

And after the last few years it is 100% expected without a single modicum of surprise.

More importantly, and much like when they tried to ram a Presidential candidate off the road... where are the cops?

Cops have been defunded
    Sorry, not sorry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

A 4% increase for democrats vs a 1.9% decrease for republicans in terms of percentage of the early votes. Clinton wion AZ in 2016 by 3.5% despite being 6% behind in terms of early voter registration.

None of that is good news for Trump

Seems it was the cops blocking them from exiting off..

https://twitter.com/ElijahSchaffer/status/1322999334435172364?s=19

That's a Trumper trying to make out police were stopping them leaving. That is a lie. The police showed up to see what the hell they were doing.

The Trumpers blocked all the lanes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

Party affiliation i only see a 13 thousand difference between them.

Where the stat you see?

People very rarely change their identified affiliations, they change their votes.

There is no republican in Arizona happy with the way Trump treated McCain - none. McCain is a hero in that state.

Plenty of registered republicans will vote for Joe Biden (as in other states) - it's a question of the percentage.

Give me a reason why he's a hero.
    Just one will do

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

Himpy5 wrote: »
    Cops have been defunded
    Sorry, not sorry
    Try harder with the next account, ok? It's all a bit repetitive from you at this stage.

• Advertisement

That's a Trumper trying to make out police were stopping them leaving. That is a lie. The police showed up to see what the hell they were doing.

Is your clip from Rockland, NY?

There's another clip of a big meet up in the comments..

Edit, yours is NJ.. my bad!!

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭EasycomeEasygo

https://twitter.com/Breaking911/status/1322957092412686343

Trump supporters engaging in attempted suppression and intimidation on highways now it seems.

This behaviour is just wrong. It's delinquent.

https://twitter.com/boroparkhocker/status/1322710461452869632

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Gretas Gonna Get Ya!

Beasty wrote: »
    The poll in the now closed thread asked who you think would win

To get a slightly different perspective I've added a poll to this one asking who would you vote for (if, of course, you had a vote)

If you're not happy with the results of a poll, just change the poll... lol

You should apply for a job with these dodgy US pollsters Beasty! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,527 ✭✭✭tobefrank321

Biden could technically be 10% ahead in national polls and still lose. He could poll strongly in states he's already expected to win especially among minorities, women, etc. He could poll strongly but lose in Trump leaning states. And he could still lose the battleground states. While its unlikely its possible.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭hometruths

I posted this on another forum the night before the 2016 election:
    I said a couple of weeks ago that if Trump could remain scandal free for the remainder, I thought he had a decent chance of winning. Amazingly he has largely avoided scandal for the past fortnight, certainly anything as damaging as the pussy tapes. Of course, he still has a few hours left to put his foot in it!

I’ll stick my neck out now and say I think he’ll win the election.

Assuming he does not grab anybody by the pussy tomorrow, am ready to make the same prediction for 2020. Trump wins.

I see all the same things today that led me to believe Trump would win in 2016.

Huge difference this time is obviously the pandemic. This is a big Trump weakness, but even so I don't think it is enough for Biden to win it.

Pretty demoralising for the Dems if it turns out they cannot win even after being handed an absolute open goal in COVID.

Who will they blame this time? The Russians again? Will they concede defeat graciously for the good of democracy?

Somehow I doubt it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

Just one will do

He didn't get captured by Trump, like the rest of the Republican party.

A 4% increase for democrats vs a 1.9% decrease for republicans in terms of percentage of the early votes. Clinton wion AZ in 2016 by 3.5% despite being 6% behind in terms of early voter registration.

None of that is good news for Trump

Trump won Arizona in 2016, presume that was a typo.

He will see a reduction but as things stand he has a good chance of retaining it.

He didn't help himself with McCain comments.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

Just one will do

Refusing early release as a POW was fairly heroic.

schmittel wrote: »

Assuming he does not grab anybody by the pussy tomorrow, am ready to make the same prediction for 2020. Trump wins.

Huge difference this time is obviously the pandemic. This is a big Trump weakness, but even so I don't think it is enough for Biden to win it.

Pretty demoralising for the Dems if it turns out they cannot win even after being handed an absolute open goal in COVID.

Who will they blame this time? The Russians again? Will they concede defeat graciously for the good of democracy?

Somehow I doubt it.

Only 48 hours left for your wet dreams.

Enjoy them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,512 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Party affiliation i only see a 16k difference between them.

Where the stat you see?

yes a 13K difference so far for 2020. In 2016 it was a 100K difference in favour of the republicans.

• Advertisement

Phoebas wrote: »
    He didn't get captured by Trump, like the rest of the Republican party.

McCain remained a solid Reaganite and wouldn't change that for anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭EasycomeEasygo

Party affiliation i only see a 16k difference between them.

Where the stat you see?

The early Dem vote for Arizona is 903148 38%, GOP 879381 37% according to NBC today https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-elections/arizona-results

Trump won Arizona in 2016, presume that was a typo.

He will see a reduction but as things stand he has a good chance of retaining it.

He didn't help himself with McCain comments.

He has a 30% chance of retaining it on the polling averages.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2020-election-forecast/arizona/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

Omg didn't know that

We'll then that looks like attempted murder

I'm supporting Joe now

It also turns out the black pickup involved also attempted to run down BLM protesters a while back. He has been identified.

Its not clear if the FBI is investigating it as a domestic terrorism incident or because it happened on a federal (rather than a state) highway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

yes a 13K difference so far for 2020. In 2016 it was a 100K difference in favour of the republicans.

Mail in voting is where the democrats expect the surge to happen for them. Expectation is republicans will vote more in person on Tuesday. A slim lead in mail voting is hardly a huge gap to overcome.

Mail in voting is where the democrats expect the surge to happen for them. Expectation is republicans will vote more in person on Tuesday. A slim lead in mail voting is hardly a huge gap to overcome.

The gaps have been closing for the last week.

The gaps have been closing for the last week.

Where?

schmittel wrote: »

Somehow I doubt it.

Good post
    But how can Trump be blamed for coving.
    When Xi locked down Wuhan to China he still let them fly all over the world spreading the virus
    Cmon man

It seems it was a day of "rage" for them.

https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1323029852346265600?s=19

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,916 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

prinzeugen wrote: »
    It also turns out the black pickup involved also attempted to run down BLM protesters a while back. He has been identified.

Its not clear if the FBI is investigating it as a domestic terrorism incident or because it happened on a federal (rather than a state) highway.

Definitely the kind of red flag individual you hope is monitored before they conduct a mass shooting etc.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement