Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Ultimate battle for the fate of our universe (pt 3)Read OP 01/11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,452 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭AlphaDelta1

Overheal wrote: »

You do know that's a dummy right.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,514 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

It’s a warning and a crimson red flag.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,073 ✭✭✭joseywhales

The us really showing the third world how to suppress voters. What an example.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,592 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Would you say the same if it was an effigy of Trump?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,762 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Wisconsin AG slapping down Trump campaign for suggesting counting every vote cast after election day would be "stealing the election"

https://twitter.com/JoshKaulWI/status/1323083881680166918

• Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

briany wrote: »
    It's a pity that showing peaceful marches does not garner the same ratings as video of people ram-raiding an electronics store, otherwise maybe the news media might not have so readily convinced a large swathe of the population that BLM was a violent movement. Or maybe they still would have. Lots of vested interest in de-legitimising the whole thing as much as possible.

They couldn't downplay the George Floyd killing because there is literal video of a police office kneeling on the handcuffed man's neck in broad daylight for nearly 9 minutes, killing him. No, they can't downplay that, but they can sure as hell attack the calls for reform, question the motives and actions of those doing it, and grossly exaggerating those engaging in violence under that banner.

As there is with the hundreds of instances of BLM/Antifa being violent. You can't have your cake and eat it too. You're using an outlier for your anti police rhetoric, while also claiming BLM violence is an outlier.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12 Sleepy Joe Biden

Overheal wrote: »
    It’s a warning and a crimson red flag.

lol

A crimson red flag you say?

That sounds very serious. Someone should probably ring the FBI and tell them about this post haste! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

lol

A crimson red flag you say?

That sounds very serious. Someone should probably ring the FBI and tell them about this post haste! :P

Well, that's a novel way to circumvent a mod instruction

Phoebas wrote: »
    Well, that's a novel way to circumvent a mod instruction

Huh? What's that supposed to mean?

• Advertisement

Huh? What's that supposed to mean?

I'd like to chat, but I don't think you'll be staying long.

I'd like to chat, but I don't think you'll be staying long.

Why do you say that? Why won't I be staying long?

Why do you say that? Why won't I be staying long?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

Trafalgar are saying Trump will win Pennsylvania and if he doesn't it's because of mass voter fraud.

That seems a convenient way to excuse poor polling.

??

Any chance you could be less vague here?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

imagine actually spending time creating an account with a username of a lame nickname that mods banned.

sad!

Ah, okay. Thanks for that.

I had no idea about that rule when I signed up.

I'll make sure not to use that term in my posts so.

Smee_Again wrote: »
    Trafalgar are saying Trump will win Pennsylvania and if he doesn't it's because of mass voter fraud.

That seems a convenient way to excuse poor polling.
    You have to admire a pollster who is so confident in their work that the only way they could be wrong is when the election is stolen :P

C'mon man!

You're done - you know it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭Cody montana

What term?

What term?

Voldemort

• Registered Users Posts: 14,020 ✭✭✭✭briany

TomTomTim wrote: »
    As there is with the hundreds of instances of BLM/Antifa being violent. You can't have your cake and eat it too. You're using an outlier for your anti police rhetoric, while also claiming BLM violence is an outlier.

The police shouldn't have *any* outliers, and the outliers they do have should be punished and all the work that needs to be done should be done in order to exclude potential future examples.

The outliers do not invalidate all the other good work that the vast majority police do. Nor does the 7 percent of violent actors at BLM protests invalidate BLM's calls for police reform.

BLM and police forces cannot really be directly equivocated between. We know that a man or woman in a police uniform and badge is most likely a police officer. Police forces are centralised, publically-funded bodies with procedures and codes of conduct. They take a literal oath to protect and serve. BLM is a defined by Wikipedia as a "decentralized political and social movement advocating for non-violent civil disobedience in protest against incidents of police brutality and all racially motivated violence against black people.", so there's absolutely nothing stopping opportunists who care nothing for the overarching message showing up to protests and carrying out cynical actions of looting and other violence, which the media happily picks up on as, "Oh, more BLM violence today."

If we can agree that both BLM and the U.S. Police forces have a distinct minority of undue violence associated with them, then why is it that news outlets like Fox News call the former a violent organisation but not the latter?

C'mon man!

You're done - you know it.

Done??

I read the forum rules when signing up.

Was I supposed to know about this rule before signing up to the site?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭AlphaDelta1

Would you say the same if it was an effigy of Trump?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 38,569 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Done??

I hope they can track your ip address and let us all know what the reveals.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Mod

Focus on the topic at hand folks. If there is modding to be done, it will be done when it can be done.

Done??

I just realised that every time I quote you, I also break the rule.

D'oh!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,569 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I'd hazard a guess at the last sentence as being false. The same as there was silent vote for Donnie in 16.

It's made up fluff from Donnie and the brigade..
    If you are surrounded by some of the looney brigade that support Trump I don't think you'd be revealing you are voting for Biden.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,215 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Done??

Done is right if Donnie gets you behind the hay shed skinny legs.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement