Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Ultimate battle for the fate of our universe (pt 3)Read OP 01/11

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Meh. I occasionally got a mail-in ballot in California. I'd deliver it to my polling station in person on the day after filling it out in the comfort of my home. I know I wasn't alone.

Interesting - Thanks for the insight.

Is there a time benefit to that on the day?

Can you skip the queue as it were if you are just "dropping off"?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,215 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Why can't he?

What do you know that no one else does? Trump is the one who ended up in hospital unplanned and unexplained last year and had Covid a month ago.

He'll be 82 leaving office, not only would he be the oldest president going into office he'll also be the oldest ever leaving. Even at his inauguration he'll be above the average life expectancy.
    I honestly think he's too old for the Job. I'll probably saying the same thing about Trump in a couple of years, right now he's clearly the more competent contender.

You dodged the question though, does Kamala get the gig for the rest of his term?

• Registered Users Posts: 83,514 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

He'll be 82 leaving office, not only would he be the oldest president going into office he'll also be the oldest ever leaving. Even at his inauguration he'll be above the average life expectancy.
    I honestly think he's too old for the Job. I'll probably saying the same thing about Trump in a couple of years, right now he's clearly the more competent contender.

You dodged the question though, does Kamala get the gig for the rest of his term?

This also means Trump will be the oldest president in and out.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,461 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Why can't he?

What do you know that no one else does? Trump is the one who ended up in hospital unplanned and unexplained last year and had Covid a month ago.

Whether you're a trumpist or someone who wants biden to win I honestly can't see how anyone can look at Biden and think.

1. He's mentally all there.
    2. That he can last 4 years.
    3. That he's actually able for the job.

To me it just looks like biden wants to be president and has always wanted to be president. He sees this as his last shot. He will leave after a year and Harris will step in.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,699 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Yes she does.

Why do you think Trump is clearly the more competent contender?

• Advertisement

Whether you're a trumpist or someone who wants biden to win I honestly can't see how anyone can look at Biden and think.

To me it just looks like biden wants to be president and has always wanted to be president. He sees this as his last shot. He will leave after a year and Harris will step in.

Well, I believe you honestly can't see it.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

If Biden or indeed ANY President were to die during their term then the VP takes over for the remainder , those are the rules as currently laid down in the US Constitution.

Why are you asking a question for which there is only one possible answer and that everyone already knows?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Interesting and timely piece from Oliver to work as a reminder of how utterly incompetent and loathsome Trump really is. Unfortunately, the people that should really watch this are exactly the people that won't, and then decry it as "fake news". The world in which we live.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,461 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Overheal wrote: »
    Well, I believe you honestly can't see it.

Snarky reply.

I don't care. I'm not american. I won't be voting. Try and answer without your biden hat on. I've watched his speeches. There's something wrong with him. If he gets 60% of the popular vote it only means 60% of people just wanted Trump out. Which is grand. He's just such a weak candidate imo.

He proved in the debates his mental capacity is greater than that of the President.
    Really? Why not?
    If your Dad looked and sounded like Biden, would you start planning his funeral?
    The incumbent has proven he can't.

• Advertisement

Snarky reply.

I don't care. I'm not american. I won't be voting. Try and answer without your biden hat on. I've watched his speeches. There's something wrong with him. If he gets 60% of the popular vote it only means 60% of people just wanted Trump out. Which is grand. He's just such a weak candidate imo.

Let us guess, you're not wearing a Trump hat, but everyone who would prefer Biden to Trump is only doing so because they are die hard fans.

Tomorrow is a choice between Biden and Trump. Full stop.

If we wanted to talk about the best person to become President on the 20th of January next year, we'd be talking about Obama.

Quin_Dub wrote: »

Why are you asking a question for which there is only one possible answer and that everyone already knows?

I honestly didn't know, I thought it might have to go to the house for a vote or something after a certain amount of time, let's say Biden steps down next year, is that it Kamala is president for the next 3 years and there's nothing can be done about it besides impeachment or similar.

Snarky reply.

That's about as feckless as saying Trump has no mandates other than not being Hillary. That's just not how any of this works.

There is so much manipulated media about Biden that there is no use in trying to discern things that even medical professionals would not hazard to do. We just had a deepfake in here yesterday that manipulated footage to act as though Biden was in Florida instead of Minnesota, to make the argument that Biden was so delirious he didn't realize he was in Florida (he was, in fact, in Minnesota).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,452 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

I honestly didn't know, I thought it might have to go to the house for a vote or something after a certain amount of time, let's say Biden steps down next year, is that it Kamala is president for the next 3 years and there's nothing can be done about it besides impeachment or similar.

Why would he step down? Explain the scenario

• Registered Users Posts: 20,090 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

I don't get this concern that Biden might not last the distance. Personally, I think the US would be far better off with a far younger female president and Kamala Harris seems both intelligent and decent from what I have seen of her. If I were a US citizen who had a vote and it was Harris vs Biden, she would be my pick. So not that I wish any ill on Biden, but were she to become president, I don't think it would an inferior outcome, brobably the reverse.

Sure it would be great either way, then Congress could confirm Pete Buttigieg as her new VP :D

What should Harris be impeached for?

cnocbui wrote: »

I can't wait for her tan suit. Calling it now.

duploelabs wrote: »
    Why would he step down? Explain the scenario

Health reasons. He's just about to hit 78. It's a big age for a demanding Job, they give out about trump getting some exercise golfing, how hard a days work will Biden really be able to manage. Is he really going to be travelling the world attending all the events a president should. Realistically it's Kamala who'll be doing the heavy lifting.

cnocbui wrote: »

What she do now?

• Advertisement

Health reasons. He's just about to hit 78. It's a big age for a demanding Job, they give out about trump getting some exercise golfing, how hard a days work will Biden really be able to manage. Is he really going to be travelling the world attending all the events a president should. Realistically it's Kamala who'll be doing the heavy lifting.

Trump is 74 and obsese. The golf clearly isn't carrying him.

Their ages are so utterly comparable as to make this entire sidebar pointless. They're both old. In terms of physical health there is more indication that Biden is in better health than Trump. Cool. What else?

What she do now?

You are the one who implied she should be removed via impeachment were she to become president, so you tell me?

What has she done previously? Argued for a decent and comprehensive health system like some traitorous commie?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,568 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Can't show data that there is a silent vote, data actually says there is no silent vote.
    And therein lies the conundrum.
    I'm happy to go with the data.
    Lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,731 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

I guess we've come full circle now.

There's no world in which anyone rational and with a brain between their ears can look at Trump and Biden side by side, and subjectively say that Trump is the more able candidate physically and mentally.

Trump is:
    obese
    had to take a dementia test (which he then boasted about?!)
    has a bad diet
    has problems walking up ramps
    spends his day inactive watching TV

Biden:
    healthy weight
    gets plenty of cardio
    can walk up ramps
    has been vice president so understands the toll of office
    has a stutter

• Registered Users Posts: 4,527 ✭✭✭tobefrank321

The voyeur in me wants him to win just to see what happens next,

But something tells me it'll go pear shaped just as quick for Biden

Wouldn't be at all surprised to see Trump win this and yes plenty of people in the rust belt states have the motivation to stick it to the Washington elite, even though Trump is New York elite which is as bad.

Whoever wins will have a tough 2021 but things will probably improve after that if the vaccines are rolled out fast.

Overheal wrote: »
    Trump is 74 and obsese. The golf clearly isn't carrying him.

Also Biden genuinely looks physically fit. Like my father is the same age and unless something went drastically he'll easily live well into his 80s. And Biden is in an economic position where he's had far better healthcare than most Americans. Trump is too but lives an incredibly unhealthy lifestyle which is a key difference.

Trump was shooting the breeze on twitter the other weekend, complaining he had absolutely nothing to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭nolivesmatter

astrofool wrote: »
    I guess we've come full circle now.

There's no world in which anyone rational and with a brain between their ears can look at Trump and Biden side by side, and subjectively say that Trump is the more able candidate physically and mentally.

Trump is:
    obese
    had to take a dementia test (which he then boasted about?!)
    has a bad diet
    has problems walking up ramps
    spends his day inactive watching TV

Biden:
    healthy weight
    gets plenty of cardio
    can walk up ramps
    has been vice president so understands the toll of office
    has a stutter

You absolutely can say that. And half of what you've listed there is physical when the speculation has always been about Biden's mental state.

I'm not praising Trump but IMO Biden is showing his age more than Trump with the regular gaffes and the fact that his speech frequently turns to mumbling. I don't think it's a case of "he's not all there" or anything, he's just coming off a bit more like an old grandpa.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Lollipop95

Really hope Biden wins. Unfortunately I wouldn’t be surprised if Trump scrapes it. If so many Americans vote for Trump again that he wins, then I fear that there is no hope for that country!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,249 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

I'm not being rude here, but if you didn't know this very very basic policy of the President and VP then you need to stop commenting on threads and go read up. Really, that is such a basic thing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement