Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Ultimate battle for the fate of our universe (pt 3)Read OP 01/11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,592 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Baggly wrote: »
    Good idea tbh. I shall float that to the other mods.

And a mod or 3 to pull an all nighter with us to police the thread :pac:

And a mod or 3 to pull an all nighter with us to police the thread :pac:
    Can we do a sing song? My fancy election beer just got delivered in preparation. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,764 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Lollipop95 wrote: »
    Really hope Biden wins. Unfortunately I wouldn’t be surprised if Trump scrapes it. If so many Americans vote for Trump again that he wins, then I fear that there is no hope for that country!

Ah the wonky electoral system means a lot of Americans are powerless either way. A persons vote only actually matters in a few states.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

He'll be 82 leaving office, not only would he be the oldest president going into office he'll also be the oldest ever leaving. Even at his inauguration he'll be above the average life expectancy.
    I honestly think he's too old for the Job. I'll probably saying the same thing about Trump in a couple of years, right now he's clearly the more competent contender.

You dodged the question though, does Kamala get the gig for the rest of his term?

Of course she would, I’d imagine the poster didn’t think you were asking a serious question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭AlphaDelta1

Lollipop95 wrote: »
    Really hope Biden wins. Unfortunately I wouldn’t be surprised if Trump scrapes it. If so many Americans vote for Trump again that he wins, then I fear that there is no hope for that country!

There's no hope no matter who wins. Two diabolical candidates

• Advertisement

Also Biden genuinely looks physically fit. Like my father is the same age and unless something went drastically he'll easily live well into his 80s. And Biden is in an economic position where he's had far better healthcare than most Americans. Trump is too but lives an incredibly unhealthy lifestyle which is a key difference.

Post the video of him riding a bike there again..

• Registered Users Posts: 83,514 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Post a piece of evidence showing Trump exercising, any time in the last 5 years?

• Registered Users Posts: 83,514 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

salmocab wrote: »
    Of course she would, I’d imagine the poster didn’t think you were asking a serious question.

tldr the VP becomes the President, nominates a new VP, new VP is confirmed by a 2 chamber majority in Congress, the term is carried on with until the next general election.

Health reasons. He's just about to hit 78. It's a big age for a demanding Job, they give out about trump getting some exercise golfing, how hard a days work will Biden really be able to manage. Is he really going to be travelling the world attending all the events a president should. Realistically it's Kamala who'll be doing the heavy lifting.

Let's compare shall we?

Trump shuffles down a slight incline.

Biden runs off stage while it's raining, wasn't afraid to get his hair wet either.

Overheal wrote: »
    Post a piece of evidence showing Trump exercising, any time in the last 5 years?

Trump succesfully drank a glass of water that one time.

That was a big deal for his supporters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

That John Oliver video is mad. I had genuinely forgotten some of the things Trump had done. To be fair it's hard to keep up with the amount of times he's disgraced himself and the office he holds.

One point which jumped out for me in the video was when he had the frontline workers in the oval office and one of the workers was talking about how, as a result of all the deaths they were seeing, some of his colleagues were suffering from PTSD. Trump being Trump interrupts with the following - "Lot of deaths......before I forget - here is a free pen - Pass them along there" or something very close to that.

I mean..........:confused: If you ever wanted to see an example of the man not caring about anyone but himself then there it is. Incredible really that he has support. He doesn't care about them and is using them and the suckers are too blind to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,699 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Since you asked.....

https://twitter.com/flywithkamala/status/1292132078675464195

Happy to.

Can we do a sing song? My fancy election beer just got delivered in preparation. :D

A boards zoom party for the politics nerds:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Phoebas wrote: »
    There is a way.

It happens tomorrow.

Yeah the Obama/Biden presidency was fantastic for immigrants.

Obama deported more illegals than any other American president. Trump included.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/07/12/biden-immigration-2020-1411691

Do your homework before attempting a "gotcha" please

That John Oliver video is mad. I had genuinely forgotten some of the things Trump had done. To be fair it's hard to keep up with the amount of times he's disgraced himself and the office he holds.

One point which jumped out for me in the video was when he had the frontline workers in the oval office and one of the workers was talking about how, as a result of all the deaths they were seeing, some of his colleagues were suffering from PTSD. Trump being Trump interrupts with the following - "Lot of deaths......before I forget - here is a free pen - Pass them along there" or something very close to that.

Yeah the odd time I've watched a John Oliver clip from 2-3 years ago and couldn't believe how much I'd forgotten about.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,090 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

President Donald Trump’s campaign lost an effort to halt the counting of ballots in Nevada’s most populous county after a state court judge ruled last week that there was no evidence of any wrongdoing by election officials.
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-11-02/trump-loses-nevada-suit-to-halt-ballot-count-in-observer-suit?srnd=premium-europe

Awwww.. that's a shame.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Yeah the Obama/Biden presidency was fantastic for immigrants.

Obama deported more illegals than any other American president. Trump included.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/07/12/biden-immigration-2020-1411691

Do your homework before attempting a "gotcha" please

The Trump one has been good to them too, well..... the ones that are related to him.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2018/08/09/nyregion/melania-trumps-parents-become-us-citizens.amp.html%3f0p19G=0232
    Melania Trump’s Parents Become U.S. Citizens, Using ‘Chain Migration’ Trump Hates

And as usual, yup...you guessed it....there's ALWAYS a tweet :pac:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/925860866767163393?s=20

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

That was the Texas Supreme Court , they are trying again in Federal court today.

Just saw online , hearing is ongoing right now. No updates that I can find yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Why are those bastions of law and order, the GOP, so keen on preventing the votes of American citizens being counted???? 🤔

• Advertisement

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    Any word anywhere on the Texas one yet?
    The Texas Supreme Court on Sunday rejected a request by Republican activists and candidates to toss out 127,000 votes from drive-thru polling sites in Harris County, where Houston is located.

Without an order or opinion, the all-Republican court denied the request to throw out the early balloting from the state’s most populous and largely Democratic county.

Even if the drive-thru locations are illegal, Texas’ election code and court precedent say ballots cast via drive-thru should still be counted, the county argued.

“More than a century of Texas case law requires that votes be counted even if election official violate directory election laws,” the county said in a Friday filing.

It is unclear if the votes will be counted as the suit makes its way before the federal courts.
    https://news.yahoo.com/texas-supreme-court-rejects-republican-142136180.html

Looks like it is going higher and won't get heard until after the election.

The Trump one has been good to them too, well..... the ones that are related to him.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2018/08/09/nyregion/melania-trumps-parents-become-us-citizens.amp.html%3f0p19G=0232

And as usual, yup...you guessed it....there's ALWAYS a tweet :pac:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/925860866767163393?s=20

Irrelevant and look over there.
    Not interested

Billy Mays wrote: »
    Why are those bastions of law and order, the GOP, so keen on preventing the votes of American citizens being counted???? 🀔

Doing their best to rig the election. Trump was saying this election would be rigged tbf.

Billy Mays wrote: »
    Why are those bastions of law and order, the GOP, so keen on preventing the votes of American citizens being counted???? ��

Well funnily enough, they only object in districts with predominantly Democrat voters, so it might have something to do with them not believing in Democracy and wanting to deny Democrat voters their rights and believing the end justifies the means.

Irrelevant and look over there.
    Not interested

You whinged about Obama and immigrants

Trumps wife is an immigrant, she sponsored and bought her immigrant parents over using a process that Trump has previously said must stop.

Trump supporter says the point is irrelevant:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,215 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Sonics2k wrote: »
    I'm not being rude here, but if you didn't know this very very basic policy of the President and VP

You are being rude, I don't remember it happening in my lifetime so it's a fair question to ask. I didn't expect the answer to be as simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

70% of white vote in 2016 out so far.
    44% of the Hispanic vote.
    43% of the African American vote.

Unless there is very big turnouts in African American and Hispanic communities on Tuesday, Democrat fears of a poor turnout in those 2 key demographics for them look well founded.

Maybe they will but it's interesting to note and must be a concern for Biden's team.

You whinged about Obama and immigrants

Trumps wife is an immigrant, she sponsored and bought her immigrant parents over using a process that Trump has previously said must stop.

Trump supporter says the point is irrelevant:pac:

I far from whinge buddy

A poster was implying that trump has been bad to immigrants and all will change tomorrow. I provided a free education on the realities of the Obama/Biden presidency. Facts not opinion.

You jumped in with a "yeah but Trump".

Trumps wife has little to do with the Obama / Biden deportation figures. But you know this of course.

Yeah but Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

eagle eye wrote: »
    And therein lies the conundrum.

Lol.

No conundrum, you're misunderstanding that the data shows that in 16 the "silent" vote was the undecideds.. which was in the data.. .go with the data!! Also, there is very little undecideds this time around so if it's a resounding Biden victory it's there in the data, if Donnie sneaks it by way of EC votes, it'll be there in the data sets,

I'm out of this nonsensical "silent majority/lying to pollsters" makey uppie stuff Donnie and the gang love to spread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Danzy wrote: »
    70% of white vote in 2016 out so far.
    44% of the Hispanic vote.
    43% of the African American vote.

Unless there is very big turnouts in African American and Hispanic communities on Tuesday, Democrat fears of a poor turnout in those 2 key demographics for them look well founded.

Maybe they will but it's interesting to note and must be a concern for Biden's team.

but turnout has grown massively in early and postal voting in states like California and New York and its all for Biden, he's going to flip those states double triple mega blue which helps.....nobody.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement