Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Ultimate battle for the fate of our universe (pt 3)Read OP 01/11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,527 ✭✭✭tobefrank321

There will I think be exit polls although I don't remember how they went in 2016.

There's bellweather states and even bellweather counties within states. The networks will be watching the vote closely in states like Florida. Some of the smaller states will probably complete their count early. Its unlikely late voting will make a huge difference to the result.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭vojiwox

What is the reason Trumps cronies give for this one say?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,762 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

There will I think be exit polls although I don't remember how they went in 2016.

There's bellweather states and even bellweather counties within states. The networks will be watching the vote closely in states like Florida. Some of the smaller states will probably complete their count early. Its unlikely late voting will make a huge difference to the result.

If you're looking for an early state with real bellwether counties that will be Virginia.

Biden will win the state comfortably but what's really important to watch is the vote in rural republican counties.

Be interesting to see whether or not they have come out in similar numbers as 2016 and, crucially, how many have swung democrat. If it's lower turnout and less Trump votes that's a really good sign for Biden in the rust belt states.

North Carolina is the big early state though. Quick results there.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,509 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Danzy wrote: »
    Overheal is very neoliberal, so understandable that he backs his team.

Can you expand on this explanation of who I am please? I’m always dying to learn more about myself from strangers.

Biden gets Eminem! The rappers are out in force!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,215 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Former British banker has bet $5 MILLION on a Donald Trump victory at 37/20 — believed to be the largest political punt ever made.

Paddy Power said the volume of wagers placed on the two candidates over the last 24-hours has seen 93 per cent of the money backing Donald Trump to get a second term, with just 7 per cent going for Joe Biden.
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/13090267/mystery-brit-gambler-bets-5million-trump-election-victory/

All these republican politicians showing up for Trump, who were insulted and demeaned by Trump, who now campaign for Trump...oh it's going to be so delicious if he loses tomorrow. Marco Rubio the latest defending the antics on the Texan highway with the Biden campaign bus.

https://twitter.com/TheView/status/1323326782653816841

These republican politicians have no dignity sucking up to Trump. Pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Overheal wrote: »
    Can you expand on this explanation of who I am please? I’m always dying to learn more about myself from strangers.

You're a first year grad student. You just got finished reading some Marxian historian, Pete Garrison probably, you’re gonna be convinced of that until next month when you get to James Lemon, then you’re gonna be talking about how the economies of Virginia and Pennsylvania were entrepreneurial and capitalist way back in 1740. That's gonna last until next year, you’re gonna be in here regurgitating Gordon Wood, talkin’ about, you know, the Pre-revolutionary utopia and the capital-forming effects of military mobilization.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,592 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

vojiwox wrote: »
    Biden gets Eminem! The rappers are out in force!

Pffffft

I see your Eminem and raise you Luke Skywalker!

May the force be with you Joe

You're a first year grad student. You just got finished reading some Marxian historian, Pete Garrison probably, you’re gonna be convinced of that until next month when you get to James Lemon, then you’re gonna be talking about how the economies of Virginia and Pennsylvania were entrepreneurial and capitalist way back in 1740. That's gonna last until next year, you’re gonna be in here regurgitating Gordon Wood, talkin’ about, you know, the Pre-revolutionary utopia and the capital-forming effects of military mobilization.

Everything you said is completely wrong.

Also I have no recognition for any of the names you just threw out. Are we sure you aren’t the Marxist? You seem to know a lot about this. :)

• Advertisement

Former British banker has bet $5 MILLION on a Donald Trump victory at 37/20 — believed to be the largest political punt ever made.

Paddy Power said the volume of wagers placed on the two candidates over the last 24-hours has seen 93 per cent of the money backing Donald Trump to get a second term, with just 7 per cent going for Joe Biden.
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/13090267/mystery-brit-gambler-bets-5million-trump-election-victory/

And the odds for Trump are still not shortening over the last 24hrs, so Paddy is pretty sure he ain't winning then?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,592 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Everything you said is completely wrong.

Also I have no recognition for any of the names you just threw out. Are we sure you aren’t the Marxist? You seem to know a lot about this. :)

What is it with Trump supporters and plagiarism?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/genius.com/amp/Good-will-hunting-good-will-hunting-bar-scene-annotated

• Registered Users Posts: 3,567 ✭✭✭swampgas

You're reduced to quoting Good Will Hunting? Fair enough ...

The eve of the election. He's getting crazier with the tweets!
    Tomorrow is going to be fun anyway. But if he loses, I just cannot imagine what is in store.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1323377677974294530

...no more jam in jam donuts.

I think they will. It's Bush country. Neocon country. Who do you think are all these former military national security and intelligence people endorsing Biden from the right?

Not surprising it's close when this is what passes for republican leadership in Texas.

EhrPFNzXkAAl8ZU.jpg:small

EhfIv94XkAEsbb-.jpg:small

It's so sad.

swampgas wrote: »

Ah it’s just a laugh.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Tomorrow is going to be fun anyway. But if he loses, I just cannot imagine what is in store.

That reminds me, I must check to see if the Lincoln Project have released another video to taunt Trump today.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭nolivesmatter

Probably better you don't go down the plagiarism road lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

People looking suggestions for where to watch things..

https://twitter.com/krystalball/status/1323375916219772930?s=19

Also, maybe a mod can get the links posted into the first post of the new thread if possible?

And the odds for Trump are still not shortening over the last 24hrs, so Paddy is pretty sure he ain't winning then?

Paddy was pretty sure the last time as well, wonder how long before he flips...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭drogon.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1323377677974294530

...no more jam in jam donuts.

No heating, No a/c etc 😂
    https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1322273777984675844?s=21

Graham wrote: »
    That reminds me, I must check to see if the Lincoln Project have released another video to taunt Trump today.

The pros are back..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

swampgas wrote: »

Do you like apples?

DO YOU LIKE APPLES?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,019 ✭✭✭✭briany

These latest tweets by Trump are asinine. Does he or anyone else believe that swing voters will be reading them going, "Hrmm, I don't know about voting for Biden anymore. I was going to but these unsourced allegations are making me rethink me decision."

The base will lap it up, but they were already voting Trump anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

briany wrote: »
    These latest tweets by Trump are asinine. Does he or anyone else believe that swing voters will be reading them going, "Hrmm, I don't know about voting for Biden anymore. I was going to but these unsourced allegations are making me rethink me decision."

He looks like a whiny baby. This is who is meant to be the Alpha. He is actually acting like a child throwing his toys out of the pram.

He looks very weak and desperate.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

briany wrote: »

Serendipitously, this was just posted on another thread. Captures it beautifully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭AlphaDelta1

Haha, Biden once rode a bicycle. Yeah that'll win the election for him.

Americans care about the economy and security that's it. Trump is winning this folks and a lot of people are going to be very shocked come Wednesday. The violence will come from the left and it won't be pretty which is why small and big business owners are boarding up their places of business already.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Haha, Biden once rode a bicycle. Yeah that'll win the election for him.

Americans care about the economy and security that's it. Trump is winning this folks and a lot of people are going to be very shocked come Wednesday. The violence will come from the left and it won't be pretty which is why small and big business owners are boarding up their places of business already.

Brilliant. That's me convinced.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭MoonUnit75

He looks like a whiny baby. This is who is meant to be the Alpha. He is actually acting like a child throwing his toys out of the pram.

He looks very weak and desperate.

He’s scraping the bottom of the barrel for sure, he must be finally considering that the party is probably over.

• Advertisement

Potentially big for Joe Biden. Ohio now in play.

From the Guardian.
    A new pair of polls show Joe Biden leading in the swing states of Florida and Ohio, both of which Donald Trump won in 2016.

According to the Quinnipiac University polls, Biden has a 5-point lead among likely voters in Florida, 47%-42%. The Democrat leads by 4 points among Ohio’s likely voters, 47%-43%, the poll shows

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/live/2020/nov/02/us-election-2020-live-updates-president-donald-trump-joe-biden-kamala-harris-latest-news-update?page=with:block-5fa079f88f08d87cfa22501f#block-5fa079f88f08d87cfa22501f

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement