Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Ultimate battle for the fate of our universe (pt 3)Read OP 01/11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,590 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

The "Biden is too scared to debate" posters have disappeared, just like the "Biden has dementia" posts have dwindled to a trickle in the odd thread. And I haven't seen a single post saying "I was wrong" about any of these. Makes you wonder if any of them genuinely held any of those beliefs.

They did believe it but just like Trump the zealots cannot be honest and just admit that they are/were wrong. They just pretend it never happens and move onto the next defensive talking point to try make dear leader look good.

Kamala will be president within twelve months of inauguration.

This just popped up on my Facebook, That has to hurt Donny with his thin skin

Donald Trump tried to go after former McCain Campaign Strategist, Steve Schmidt, the head of The Lincoln Project, on Twitter. Schmidt didn't hold anything back in his reply:
    “You’ve never beaten me at anything. This is our first dance. Did you like, Covita? We are so much better at this than your team of crooks, wife beaters, degenerates, weirdos and losers.
    You are losing. We heard you loved Evita. You saw it so many times. Where will you live out your years in disgrace? Will you buy Jeffrey Epstein’s island? One last extra special deal from him? Or will you be drooling on yourself in a suite at Walter Reed?

Maybe you will be in prison?

I bet you fear that. The Manhattan District Attorney may not be around to cover for you or your crooked kids anymore. Eliza Orlins doesn’t believe in different sets of rules for the Trumps. What about the State Attorney General? You know what you’ve done.

Oh, Donald. Who do you owe almost $500 million in personally guaranteed loans to? It's all coming down. You think you and your disgusting family are going to be in deal-flow next year? Are you really that delusional?

You are lucky Chris Wallace interrupted you after Joe Biden said you weren’t smart. You started to melt down. That’s the place that hurts the most. Right? Fred Sr., knew it. You’ve spent your whole life proving it. You aren’t very smart. You couldn’t take the SAT on your own. What was the real score? 970? We both know you know.

Are the steroids wearing off? Is the euphoria fading? Do you feel foggy? Tired? Do you ache? How is the breathing? Hmmm. Are you watching TV today? We will have some nice surprises for you. Everyone is laughing at you. You are a joke. A splendid moron turned deadly clown.

Did you watch Martha McSally in her debate against American hero, fighter pilot, test pilot, astronaut Capt. Mark Kelly? She is so embarrassed by you. She is ashamed and full of self-loathing for the choice she made in following you over the cliff. She is in free fall now. She will lose, like most of them, because of you.

We hear from the White House and the campaign everyday. They are betraying you. They are looking to get out alive and salvage careers and their names. It’s Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner vs. Donald Trump Jr., and Kimberly Guilfoyle on the inside. They are at war over scraps and who gets to command what will be the remnants of your rancid cult.

It’s almost over now. You are the greatest failure in American history. You are the worst president in American history. Disgrace will always precede your name. Your grandchildren and great-grandchildren will grow up ashamed of their names.

One day, I suppose there will be some small and not-much-visited library that bears your name. It will be the type of place where a drunk walks by, staring at the wall for a minute, before deciding it is beneath his dignity to piss on. That’s what is waiting for you.

Joe Biden is a better man. He’s smarter. He’s winning.
    Do you remember when you didn’t want to name Donald Trump Jr., Donald because you were worried about him being a loser named Donald? You were right about that. He is.

But it is you who will be remembered as America’s greatest loser. You will be crushed in the election!”

#SteveSchmidt
    #Trump
    #OneTermPresident

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

This just popped up on my Facebook, That has to hurt Donny with his thin skin

Donald Trump tried to go after former McCain Campaign Strategist, Steve Schmidt, the head of The Lincoln Project, on Twitter. Schmidt didn't hold anything back in his reply:

If that were actually something written to Trump he wouldn't read beyond the first couple if lines. The narcissism would kick in to protect the poor broken ego and he would refuse to read it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,452 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

By what metric do you make this prediction?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Is this a roundabout way to resurrect the "Biden is senile" nonsense?

Saw this in a few outlets today:

Biden Says Second Debate Should Be Canceled If Trump Still Has Covid

https://www.forbes.com/sites/andrewsolender/2020/10/06/biden-says-second-debate-should-be-canceled-if-trump-still-has-covid/#50f02b58d30e

Personally, I would see it as a sign of weakness if my candidate pushed to cancel a debate. There are plenty of ways to have a debate that pose very little risk to anyone. What are your thoughts?

Well this has aged like milk

duploelabs wrote: »
    By what metric do you make this prediction?

There are lots of memes on Twitter. Does that count? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 38,554 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Trump is going to pull out I think. His ego would prefer to withdraw than lose an election.

eagle eye wrote: »
    Trump is going to pull out I think. His ego would prefer to withdraw than lose an election.

Well, he has an out-card now - COVID. But I doubt if he'll take it. Especially considering he'll likely be charged with tax fraud when he leaves office.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Don’t think so, his ego won’t let him think he’s going to lose and his lawyers will make it clear what’s going to happen if he does.

I dunno, withdrawal would also show weakness, He couldn't hack it after claiming he has "beaten" covid, to then pull out because of it would mean he has to admit that covid actually beat him.

I dunno, withdrawal would also show weakness, He couldn't hack it after claiming he has "beaten" covid, to then pull out because of it would mean he has to admit that covid actually beat him.
    I think he'd much prefer to be in a position that he can blame something for him losing the election.
    He's spent his whole presidency blaming other things for his ill deeds and mistakes. It's right up.his street.

I thought he may have by now. I'm not sure how he can pull out at this point except fake some illness.

I initially thought he would suddenly want to go back to business or some shyte, but too close to election for that.

Instead I think it's an absolute iron will of belief that he will win and if it becomes apparent that he won't, then expect weeks of mud slinging, temper tantrums, blaming so called fraud as postal votes and recount after recount and all sorts of crap that will serve only to stick to everyone and everything in sight.

Will be lucky to know the result by Christmas tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 15,663 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Isn't it a bit late for that now, even if he wanted to?

I don't think he will btw, he is a risk taker, a gambler. Better to in with little chance than out with none.

Also I think he really does believe that all the polls are wrong. The last 4 years he has been surrounded by people telling him how great he is, the only people not saying that were fake news and losers. So it stands to reason that he would feel invincible. Recovery from COVID would have probably heightened that.

IMO he will continue, and if he does lose then its all a great conspiracy lead by the democrats and Crazy Pelosi, sleepy Biden and the monster that is Harris. All part of the regime chance to get HC to be POTUS.

Then he can satisfy himself that, just like when his business's fail he was not his fault but something else.

The other thing to remember is that even if he loses, he has until January to sort himself, family etc out.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Anecdotal evidence on the ground, proved to be far more reliable than polling in the last election. And from the people I've been talking/listening to, it's looking very similar again this time.

No it wasn't. The polls were pretty accurate, Trump won the rust belt states that were within the margin of error.
    I wouldn't go so far as to assume that the polls are deliberately biased, but there can be an unconscious bias involved.

Trump also drags in large numbers, from voter demographics that are very difficult if not impossible to factor into the polls. People with little or no historical voting activity etc. as polls are heavily skewed towards those individuals who are politically engaged. Many trump voters do not fit into that sort of category, as they are voting for trump precisely because he is seen as the anathema to the political establishment.

Then there's also the fact that possibly as much as 90% of people do not respond to pollsters, either by simply not answering their phone or just refusing to answer certain questions. How many of that 90% could be likely trump voters...? Impossible to say really. Again this goes back to polls being heavily biased towards people who are politically engaged. Many people likely to vote trump do not consider themselves part of the system, and are in fact actively voting against it by backing trump - as they see it anyway.

So no, I wouldn't completely discount the polls... but I'm not putting a huge amount of value/faith in them either.

In some states, I might actually put more emphasis on first time gun ownership rates for example, as a possibly more reliable metric at forecasting potential voting patterns. I have spoken to a few people, who watch stuff like that rather than blindly trusting the polls. But that's a matter of personal preference... I'm not suggesting something like that would be a bullet-proof methodology by any means.

Blindly ignore the polls because you think they were wrong last time is stupid. Especially when they weren't actually wrong last time. You just don't understand their relevance.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭Panrich

So now that sleepy senile Joe looks healthier than infected Don, there has to be a new bogeyman out there. Kamala ‘monster’ Harris, you’re up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

Hopefully not, but I think she'd do a great job, if called on.

Ah sure look, it definitely won't be the fault of Donald anyway, if this is ever followed up on. You can count on that much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Gretas Gonna Get Ya!

It's right up.his street.

So is winning! ;)

Clinton was a career politician - couldn't beat the political novice.

Biden will fall too. And then all of you guys will no doubt be floundering around, trying desperately to come up with answers to why it happened AGAIN.

I don't give Biden much of a chance. I think Clinton had a better chance than this guy tbh.

• Advertisement

So is winning! ;)

Biden will fall too. And then all of you guys will no doubt be floundering around, trying desperately to come up with answers to why it happened AGAIN.

I don't give Biden much of a chance. I think Clinton had a better chance than this guy tbh.

Ah no, it's quite obvious what happens and why. The why isn't a problem at all.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

So is winning! ;)

You haven’t a clue what you’re talking about, to be honest.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

So is winning!

I've already been through this. Hilary tried to get down and dirty with an expert at being a lowlife and she lost.
    Biden's not going there so Trump has no hope.
    Deluding yourself into thinking he has a chance makes you sound delusional or just plain stupid.

Biden and Harris clearly have a smart team around them. Neither have bit on anything controversial be wise all they have to do is maintain their dignity and they win. It's that simple and easy to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Is there anyone running the Trump campaign now? Didn't the campaign manager test positive?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,737 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Ah c'mon, do you really believe this? What are the odds on this happening?

astrofool wrote:
    Ah c'mon, do you really believe this? What are the odds on this happening?
    I believe it's a real possibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Millions have already voted for him. Might not have a choice - imagine pulling out, and then winning. How hilarious would *that* be.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,928 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

So is winning! ;)

Sounds like you're trying to convince yourself more than anyone else.

The guy has become progressively more deranged, unhinged and spiteful as time has progressed. His polling is dire. I don't think that it's impossible that he can still win but I don't think that there are enough Americans who can justify voting for someone who thinks that injecting bleach cures Covid when hundreds of thousands of Americans have died from it.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

It'll only happen if Trump is on a plane to Russia (or somewhere else without an extradition treaty with the US) as the only thing that's keeping him from Jail is holding the title of the president of the United States. If he resigns or steps down (for whatever reason) he's facing a lot of indictments

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Agreed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement