Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Ultimate battle for the fate of our universe (pt 3)Read OP 01/11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

Thats the whole idea! People voted for Trump because they didn't want Clinton, whats the difference this time?

Trump has been an awful president, if Biden is as bad as you think he will be then he can be voted out in four years, thats how he the system works.

You are looking at Trump rallies and think it's because they didnt want Clinton or dont want Biden. Come on. They worship the guy like he's a rockstar

• Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭elefant

That's fine. Just want people to be honest. They are voting for Biden because they don't want Trump. .

Did you just figure this out? It's not a secret or a gotcha...

Overheal wrote: »
    No I don't believe so; I think you'll be surprised.

We'll see. Obama was all bluster . So what's this guy going to do? Tell me. In his 4 year term (at a push) what's he going to achieve that will surprise me

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

You are looking at Trump rallies and think it's because they didnt want Clinton or dont want Biden. Come on. They worship the guy like he's a rockstar

The US needs a president not a wannabe rockstar.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

Graham wrote: »
    Absolutely.

Anyone but Trump.

It's quite understandable.
    ABT, ABT

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

They worship the guy like he's a rockstar

Presidents shouldn't be worshipped, they're not deities. They should be respected or not respected based on their performance in office.

Trump odds getting shorter by the hour . Now 6/4.

Presidents shouldn't be worshipped, they're not deities. They should be respected or not respected based on their performance in office.

Yes. Unfortunately that went out the window when celebrity President Obama was elected

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭EasycomeEasygo

Yes he has. With PP 3 weeks ago .

No he wasn't the highest he has been is 21/10

• Registered Users Posts: 83,492 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Yes. Unfortunately that went out the window when celebrity President Obama was elected

Are you forgetting literal celebrity President Ronald Reagan?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,305 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Wiped the floor with him ? Biden was sad to see up there and it's sad an old man like this was put in his position . People have lost their minds . They are so anti trump you could have a turd running for this and they'd think the sun shines from its arse

I agree but I suppose Trump is the incumbent so he's expected to run.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,467 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

No he wasn't the highest he has been is 21/10

21/10 is longer odds than 2/1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

We'll see. Obama was all bluster . So what's this guy going to do? Tell me. In his 4 year term (at a push) what's he going to achieve that will surprise me

Its more a question of what he is not going to do, because if Trump gets 4 more years he will have free reign and could do some serious long term damage, who cares about his demenor but its his environmental policies, financial mismangement (one word DEBT) and divisive politics which could have a real lasting effect for generations to come in the USA

Trump odds getting shorter by the hour . Now 6/4.

The bookies are never wrong.

Overheal wrote: »
    Are you forgetting literal celebrity President Ronald Reagan?

I'm not the one who said America need a President not a rockstar . Why not say it to that poster ?

You are only highlighting that he is wrong. American presidents have always been like this. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

namloc1980 wrote: »
    ... about making money for themselves!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,430 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Who was the bookies favourite in 2016?

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

US betters are backing trump

https://twitter.com/DraftKings/status/1323294561079304192?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 12 xxrichixx

My timeframe was circa. 2 months. Anyways it's not 7/2 which is nonsense.

Brian? wrote: »
    Who was the bookies favourite in 2016?

What's that got to do with anything? Or do you believe the bookies are always 100% right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,810 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Biden isn't even going to try and be a "famous" president, if he can guide them out the other side of covid without tanking the economy, avoid a nuclear war and maybe make a few popular decisions (medical marijuana in all 50 states, $15 minimum wage) he'll ride off into the sunset happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,467 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I'm sure that poll was conducted very scientifically and not hijacked by trump supporters

Biden is odds on. If your going to throw some money on it it might as well be on Trump and make a few bob.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

I'm not the one who said America need a President not a rockstar . Why not say it to that poster ?

You are only highlighting that he is wrong. American presidents have always been like this. Cheers

The difference with previous presidents is they've actually behaved like presidents while they're in office.

Trump is still more obsessed with the size of his audience, his TV ratings and twitter followers than running the country.

Hopefully that will be fixed shortly.

The poster quoted 7/2

• Registered Users Posts: 33,110 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Draft kings....lol
    Is betting discussion now allowed on this thread?

Except when they paid out early on Hilary in 2016

• Registered Users Posts: 22,009 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Graham wrote: »
    The US needs a president not a wannabe rockstar.
    In fairness, I watched the Trump and the Biden "last day" rallies yesterday and there's no comparison between the two in terms of ability to speak and be charismatic.

Trump dancing to YMCA versus Biden struggling from a teleprompter should be all you need to know.

gmisk wrote: »
    Draft kings....lol
    Is betting discussion now allowed on this thread?

In fairness it makes sense that gamblers were also taken in by a self-obsessed tv celebrity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,009 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Except when they paid out early on Hilary in 2016
    After Hilary and Brexit in 2016, do you think they'd make the same mistake again?
    No - we've all learned from 2016 not to trust polls. Bookies included.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement