Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Ultimate battle for the fate of our universe (pt 3)Read OP 01/11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,305 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

This is it mate, a shoe-in. Enjoy the next 4 years of Trump, you guys deserve it. Hope all your policy wishes come true.

Even if he wins what exactly do you think he'll be able to get done with a Congress controlled by the Democrats?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

xtal191 wrote: »
    This wont be close, Trump has no chance
    Or it'll be a nailbiter. I'm personally going for the comfortable Biden win. Some final thoughts from 538 on that.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/final-2020-presidential-election-forecast/

• Registered Users Posts: 33,105 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

The 90 million knew for the last 4 years who they were voting for . Trump knows elections . His campaign has been immaculate so far . We'll see how the outcome goes .
    Immaculate?
    I loved him stranding thousands of people especially elderly people at his rallies. Some getting hypothermia, others collapsing due to heat...
    Holding super spreader rallies in the first place...clown car..

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Even if he wins what exactly do you think he'll be able to get done with a Congress controlled by the Democrats?
    A whole lot more executive orders but a lame duck President out the gate.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,452 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Get impeached again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,226 ✭✭✭threeball

It'll be the denial stage by tomorrow morning - "Trump is actually winning!". Then it'll turn to anger and there'll be talk of "rigged elections" and "the MSM won it for Biden". Then the really deep conspiracy theories will emerge by the weekend - no doubt Hilary Clinton will be mentioned. Then finally after a couple of weeks the narrative will be "Trump didn't want to win anyway"!

Because the mail votes will be counted last the early numbers will show Trump having a lead. I can see them trying to claim victory at this stage and it seems getting in early and claiming victory stands for a lot in the US as was seen in the Bush/Gore debacle. This will just be on a much grander scale.

When all is said and done I would expect Biden to have at least 100 college seats over and above Trump.

is_that_so wrote: »
    A whole lot more executive orders but a lame duck President out the gate.

Even if he manages to push forward the destruction of the Alaskan forests then it will be more than enough to leave a legacy for a centaury or more.

threeball wrote: »
    Because the mail votes will be counted last the early numbers will show Trump having a lead. I can see them trying to claim victory at this stage and it seems getting in early and claiming victory stands for a lot in the US as was seen in the Bush/Gore debacle. This will just be on a much grander scale.

When all is said and done I would expect Biden to have at least 100 college seats over and above Trump.

Some states are already counting early votes and will have those mostly done by tonight. Florida is the key one that is counting early. If the early and in person voting is going Biden's way in Florida then the wind will go out of Trump's sails very quickly. His chances of winning without Florida are miniscule.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭Cody montana

I’m hoping young people will turn out in huge numbers and help defeat him.
    That would be great.

They can see their country is going the wrong way.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,762 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

North Carolina and Florida will have the vast chunk of results very quickly and likely enough to call both states early. Big bellwethers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

Some states are already counting early votes and will have those mostly done by tonight. Florida is the key one that is counting early. If the early and in person voting is going Biden's way in Florida then the wind will go out of Trump's sails very quickly. His chances of winning without Florida are miniscule.

Trump will win Florida by a landslide . He knows it . Joe knows it . I know it . And deep down you know it

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Use strawpoll.

To be honest, i should probably be focusing on other stuff today.

I’m hoping young people will turn out in huge numbers and help defeat him.
    That would be great.

They can see their country is going the wrong way.

Lots of indications they have thankfully

Trump will win Florida by a landslide . He knows it . Joe knows it . I know it . And deep down you know it

A landslide is winning the vote by 10% or more. Even the most ardent Trumpist doesn't believe Trump will win Florida by 10%+ :pac:

Like the 1% landslide he won with in 2016? Get real

• Registered Users Posts: 40,467 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

spook_cook wrote: »
    Have any of these people y'know, actually even met the President? Or been in the same State :) ?

You'd want to hear what "many people" say about Biden. Must be all true too I guess?

I'm trying to help you by putting it in terms you can understand. I can do no more.

gmisk wrote: »
    Lots of indications they have thankfully

Thankfully ? What if they are voting for Trump . Would you still be happy they are out voting

Or is only If they vote for who you want them to vote for ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 220 ✭✭holdyerhorses

I have a friend in Tampa. 2016 voted Trump. 2017 "I'm a floating voter". 2018 "anyone but Trump next time". Hopefully representative.

A landslide is winning the vote by 10% or more. Even the most ardent Trumpist doesn't believe Trump will win Florida by 10%+ :pac:

Based on my research and analysis 10-15% looks the most likely

Thankfully ? What if they are voting for Trump . Would you still be happy they are out voting

All his loopers showed up in 2016. He doesn't have any more fish in that barrel

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 220 ✭✭holdyerhorses

What does Q think?

I'd love to see this research and analysis. Could you post it up?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Out of 9.5 Million votes cast in Florida in 2016, Trump won by less than 113,000, or 1.2%

There's nothing that indicates either of them are going to win Florida by much more than that - whichever way it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

of course

its why Biden is 100,000 ahead in early voting in Florida

All his loopers showed up in 2016. He doesn't have any more fish in that barrel

Would it still be great to see them vote if voting for Trump ?

Or do you only want young people voting if its for Biden ?

I think everyone should be encouraged to vote young and old regardless of who they vote for.
    I don't believe in voter suppression...unlike the GOP.
    The lines to vote have been disasterous.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭Cody montana

They aren’t.

“Democratic nominee Joe Biden leads Republican President Donald Trump 63% to 25% among young voters most likely to vote“

kilns wrote: »
    of course

its why Biden is 100,000 ahead in early voting in Florida

Talk about making sweeping statements with nothing to back it up with

They aren’t.

“Democratic nominee Joe Biden leads Republican President Donald Trump 63% to 25% among young voters most likely to vote“

Haha . Such nonsense . Propaganda

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,774 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Smee_Again wrote: »
    Well they've been using it for about 150 years so I'm sure they've ironed out any potential weaknesses.

The Trump administration have been asked by Judges to provide evidence in support of their claims that it is open to tampering and fraud and they have either been unable to do so or have simply refused to do so.

Wasn't there already evidence of mails votes being throw in the trash in Pennsylvanis and Santa Monica ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement