Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Ultimate battle for the fate of our universe (pt 3)Read OP 01/11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,452 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Its quite long and started 18 months ago. I will update by 6pm

Are you sure in won't be along in 'the next couple of weeks'?

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭cave_dweller

If Trump doesn't win, can he come back in 2024 for another whirl?

Yup, he can and considering the strong base he has in the Republican party it's very possible he would. But if Trump loses he might have enough legal issues to contend with that they rule him out of 2024.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

I can only see Biden winning. The polls were way off in 2016, but I think they learned and have weighted it correctly based on demographics this time. All of them point to a Biden win.

Biden himself was the worst opponent for Trump. I don't think Biden is impressive as a politician. He'll restore some prestige to the role and show respect to US allies in particular, which are literally basic requirements for any politician, but otherwise he's not going to do much. It's probably best for the US he is a very moderate candidate who will simply steady the ship for the next 4 years after the mania of the last 4 years. Trump struggles against someone who isn't controversial at all and he couldn't dig up any dirt on Biden. He couldn't bash him like Hillary Clinton and if he couldn't do that his policies needed to win him the election and he simply didn't realise that (or didn't care) and hasn't done anything this year to win it for him. I think his Covid-19 response hurt him a lot more than the Black Lives Matter movement.

I think Trump loses Florida, North Carolina, Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennsylvania. Georgia and Ohio are at risk as well. I'm cautiously optimistic Trump will lose by quite a bit and that will damage any of his corruption nonsense.

Dunno about Florida but I hope you're right. If Ohio is even close, Trump is dead meat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

8-10 wrote: »
    .....I mean....obviously I don't. It's my assertion based on how I believe it will play out. My strong prediction. Call it what you want and quote me in a week or two when all votes are in. Trump with no more than 200 is what I'm saying.

Fair enough . We will see .

• Registered Users Posts: 18,305 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Its quite long and started 18 months ago. I will update by 6pm

So you've done 18 months of research on the election in Florida and the outcome you came up with is that Trump will win by 10%+!!! Fooking hell that's hilarious. Genuinely laughing here :pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,002 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

.....I mean....obviously I don't. It's my assertion based on how I believe it will play out. My strong prediction. Call it what you want and quote me in a week or two when all votes are in. Trump with no more than 200 is what I'm saying.
    20€ charity bet on it?

namloc1980 wrote: »
    So you've done 18 months of research on the election in Florida and the outcome you came up with is that Trump will win by 10%+!!! Fooking hell that's hilarious. Genuinely laughing here :pac::pac::pac::pac:
    Yeah that's nonsense. Florida is pretty much always at the MoE right up to and sometimes past the election day

He who laughs last ...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭8-10

ELM327 wrote: »
    20€ charity bet on it?

Sure, let's do it

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Best reason you can think of to vote for a president is that he is dancing to YMCA. Okay.

You seem tense at my fun post. Nervous?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,590 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Wow . The hypocrisy of the left

What makes you think I am of "the left"?

You know nothing about me, thats akin to me calling you a Nazi sympathiser, a racist, a pedophile. I wouldnt do that because I know nothing about you yet you feel.its OK to class me as "the left" based solely on posts on a forum.

What part of my post was hypocrisy?

Sure, let's do it
    Great stuff.
    To confirm. Trump at 200 or less EC votes, I will donate 20€ to a charity of your choosing.
    Trump at 201 or higher, you will donate 20€ to a charity of my choosing.

I nominate the Simon Community.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

gmisk wrote: »
    I am not entirely sure that is true.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/10/29/trump-daily-schedule-executive-time-944996

A lot of executive time...and an absolute tonne of golf.
    At least 295 golf jaunts since taking over (that is only til start or Sept)
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2020/10/31/fact-check-taxpayer-burden-trumps-golfing-hard-pin-down/3718413001/
    Cost to taxpayer about 142 million dollars

Even i couldn't play 295 rounds of golf in 4 years. And he plays full golf, I'm a pitch and Putt man. Such energy.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,466 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Even i couldn't play 295 rounds of golf in 4 years. And he plays full golf, I'm a pitch and Putt man. Such energy.

much easier when you drive a cart from shot to shot.

What makes you think I am of "the left"?

You know nothing about me, thats akin to me calling you a Nazi sympathiser, a racist, a pedophile. I wouldnt do that because I know nothing about you yet you feel.its OK to class me as "the left" based solely on posts on a forum.

What part of my post was hypocrisy?

Yes . Me calling you on the left is akin to you calling me a pedophile.

Wow

Unhinged stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

You seem tense at my fun post. Nervous?

Somewhat. Trump's re-election will have terrible repercussions for the US, the World and, most especially, the planet. I'm cautiously optimistic given the polling but there is an awful lot at stake.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

If by playing golf you were simultaneously lining your own pockets you’d probably hack your way around the course, you might even cheat a bit just like Trump.

Great stuff.
    To confirm. Trump at 200 or less EC votes, I will donate 20€ to a charity of your choosing.

Perfect - agreed from my side and I nominate Pieta House

Great stuff . Fair play to both

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭tigger123

How will you either of you confirm the donation?

• Advertisement

Great stuff.

Extra spice to the proceedings later on. Love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,590 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

tigger123 wrote: »
    How will you either of you confirm the donation?

Screenshot of receipt?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,105 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

My grandad played a round of golf pretty much every day til he was in his 90s, without a golf buggy.
    It isn't energetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

More toxic comments from the left . I thought it was the right who were homophobic
    PastelFirsthandBassethound-size_restricted.gif

Sweet Science indeed

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Lawlesz

How is the counting likely to pan out? I tend to stay up through the night just for the circus of it, but with so many mailed ballots, is there any point? Will we be expecting a result by tomorrow morning Irish time, or is it likely to be into the evening / couple of days?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 220 ✭✭holdyerhorses

Haha! I think he's the weird, weird man President Trump was using to prove 3 million fraudulent votes in 2016... "Yes, sure, I have evidence, all here..." - "Will you show us.." - "Sure, yes, no problem, just a couple of days to get my excel file in order and ...", nothing.

Screenshot of receipt?

Yep

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Lawlesz wrote: »
    How is the counting likely to pan out? I tend to stay up through the night just for the circus of it, but with so many mailed ballots, is there any point? Will we be expecting a result by tomorrow morning Irish time, or is it likely to be into the evening / couple of days?

some key states will come in tonight, we'll know most of the confirmed suspects and probably Florida and NC tonight ,

realistically its about staying up to see if trumps still in it, no Florida no trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,859 ✭✭✭✭Penn

some key states will come in tonight, we'll know most of the confirmed suspects and probably Florida and NC tonight ,

realistically its about staying up to see if trumps still in it, no Florida no trump.

Yeah it mostly seems to hinge on Florida (not definitive, but strongest indicator), and they're likely to have results quite early due to early voting and counting, possibly 12-1am our time.

• Advertisement

Lawlesz wrote: »

Be a few days before we know the final tallies but should get close to final numbers in Florida and North Carolina tonight. If Trump doesn't carry Florida then his path to 270 EC votes is almost non-existent.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement