Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Ultimate battle for the fate of our universe (pt 3)Read OP 01/11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,560 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Yes . Me calling you on the left is akin to you calling me a pedophile.

Wow

Unhinged stuff

Wouldn't mind him, he's an anti-Trump zealot...

• Registered Users Posts: 25,590 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Wrong

I'm an anti-fùckwit zealot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭AlphaDelta1

Eh. Just looked at his/her posting history. I fear for people like that's mental health tomorrow if it doesn't go their man's way.

Hard to believe the investment so many have on this outcome. Just plain weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,554 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I'm going really brave on this. Biden wins Texas and Florida.
    I think Texas will likely be the closest run state but I just think Biden edges.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

I can only see Biden winning. The polls were way off in 2016, but I think they learned and have weighted it correctly based on demographics this time. All of them point to a Biden win.

Biden himself was the worst opponent for Trump. I don't think Biden is impressive as a politician. He'll restore some prestige to the role and show respect to US allies in particular, which are literally basic requirements for any politician, but otherwise he's not going to do much. It's probably best for the US he is a very moderate candidate who will simply steady the ship for the next 4 years after the mania of the last 4 years. Trump struggles against someone who isn't controversial at all and he couldn't dig up any dirt on Biden. He couldn't bash him like Hillary Clinton and if he couldn't do that his policies needed to win him the election and he simply didn't realise that (or didn't care) and hasn't done anything this year to win it for him. I think his Covid-19 response hurt him a lot more than the Black Lives Matter movement.

I think Trump loses Florida, North Carolina, Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennsylvania. Georgia and Ohio are at risk as well. I'm cautiously optimistic Trump will lose by quite a bit and that will damage any of his corruption nonsense.

I tend to agree. The pollsters have learned from 2016 and adjusted their weightings accordingly, and even with the new weightings Biden is further ahead than Hillary, yet is a better price than Hillary with the bookies. Biden has a 90% chance yet is 1/2 and better. All the Trump fans have bet on Trump, reducing his odds and giving great value for Biden. I have gone all in on Biden at 4/7. I just don't see any way that Trump takes Pennsylvania and I wouldn't be surprised to see it being called early with early results from Georgia.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭nolivesmatter

What makes you think I am of "the left"?

You know nothing about me, thats akin to me calling you a Nazi sympathiser, a racist, a pedophile. I wouldnt do that because I know nothing about you yet you feel.its OK to class me as "the left" based solely on posts on a forum.

What part of my post was hypocrisy?

There you have it, the left is akin to racists, Nazi sympathizers and pedophiles apparently.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,305 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

eagle eye wrote: »
    I'm going really brave on this. Biden wins Texas and Florida.
    I think Texas will likely be the closest run state but I just think Biden edges.

If Biden does win Texas and Florida the EC will be a landslide - Trump would be under 200 EC votes.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,452 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Dante7 wrote: »
    I tend to agree. The pollsters have learned from 2016 and adjusted their weightings accordingly, and even with the new weightings Biden is further ahead than Hillary, yet is a better price than Hillary with the bookies. Biden has a 90% chance yet is 1/2 and better. All the Trump fans have bet on Trump, reducing his odds and giving great value for Biden. I have gone all in on Biden at 4/7. I just don't see any way that Trump takes Pennsylvania and I wouldn't be surprised to see it being called early with early results from Georgia.

Betting to lessen the pain would be the other reason why you're seeing a drop in Trump's odds drop. Bidenites putting twenty quid on trump in the view that if trump does get in (by some miracle) said better would have a bit of extra money in their pocket to lessen the sting

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,555 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

It's a pity the "Who do you think will win?" thread was closed.

Still going with Trump to win and think that Biden's vote is weaker as Dems are hoping for an anti-Trump vote plus a Biden vote to get them over the line. Trump is only relying on Trump votes.
    Obviously a bean-counter would say that with this strategy Biden is going to get a double-bubble of votes but my engineering senses tingle a bit at this idea and I can only see it weak point.
    Throw in a sprinkle of voter suppression and intimidation and I see Trump getting FA, NC, GA and eventually PA and then he'll be as good as home and hosed.

Just my opinion and would rather if I was wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

duploelabs wrote: »
    Betting to lessen the pain would be the other reason why you're seeing a drop in Trump's odds drop. Bidenites putting twenty quid on trump in the view that if trump does get in (by some miracle) said better would have a bit of extra money in their pocket to lessen the sting

You really think this has anything to do with it haha . Crazy talk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Lawlesz

OK, 12 or 1 am, work from home tomorrow it is

• Registered Users Posts: 25,590 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

There you have it, the left is akin to racists, Nazi sympathizers and pedophiles apparently.:rolleyes:

No where did I say that, I said calling me one name without knowing me is akin to calling the poster another name without knowing them.

Stuff the outrage back into your socks, save it for tomorrow, you're going to need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

If Biden flips Texas, at 2am our time it could be all over bar the shouting.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,452 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

You really think this has anything to do with it haha . Crazy talk

Grace us with your valued wisdom of how this is not the case oh great one, otherwise pfo as you're adding nothing to the discussion

• Registered Users Posts: 3,567 ✭✭✭swampgas

I wonder what senior GOP people think the result will be? I suspect Mitch's extreme haste to fill the Supreme Court vacancy might relate to a lack of confidence in a second Trump term.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,002 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

tigger123 wrote: »
    How will you either of you confirm the donation?
    Screenshot of receipt?
    Yup, pretty standard on these boards.
    Either way at least a good charity gets a donation :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

swampgas wrote: »
    I wonder what senior GOP people think the result will be? I suspect Mitch's extreme haste to fill the Supreme Court vacancy might relate to a lack of confidence in a second Trump term.

It wasn't even just the haste at which it was filled, in his own words after the confirmation, he said they can undo the last 4 years work here (senate) but they can't undo the work they did in the supreme court..

All the while, millions are losing jobs, support payments coming to an end and no new stimulus being passed. This was the number 1 issue on people's minds polls showing 70 plus percent in favour of a new stimulus.

GOP priorities right there for you, they suspect what others are thinking, Donnie is gonna lose but the supreme court is filled and they're very happy with that, they can go away a rot happy in the knowledge they have their people passing judgement.

Wow Trump coming into evens in the odds

What a turnaround.

Only one winner from here

• Registered Users Posts: 16,674 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

What a turnaround.

Where are you seeing this?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

What a turnaround.

Like I said, it's only yourself you're trying to convince. It's bizarre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,305 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

A few people on here seem to have some gambling issues. Step away for the bookies lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,105 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

His mind?
    I have checked a few sites and still 6/4.
    Biden 4/7 roughly on most sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,105 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Real Clear Politics...not reliable at all.
    It gives a lot of weight to trafalgar and rasmussen..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭GDK_11

Not even close to this price, Trump at 17/10 on BF.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,554 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Polls narrowing
    Wake up joe . It's over
    Can you go on to as many sites as you can and post this please.
    It'll make sure those that might think of not voting, because they think it's over, will go vote.
    That'll ensure a Biden win.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

For Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

gmisk wrote: »
    His mind?
    I have checked a few sites and still 6/4.
    Biden 4/7 roughly on most sites.

The over/under for Trump is 199 electoral college votes so that's where Paddy Power think he'll end up anyway I would have thought?

• Advertisement

Can you go on to as many sites as you can and post this please.
    It'll make sure those that might think of not voting, because they think it's over, will go vote.
    That'll ensure a Biden win.

Thanks.

You are too invested . We live in Ireland . You need to calm down . Be the best you.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement