Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Ultimate battle for the fate of our universe (pt 3)Read OP 01/11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,105 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

JeffKenna wrote: »
    The over/under for Trump is 199 electoral college votes so that's where Paddy Power think he'll end up anyway I would have thought?
    I saw that.
    And the shortest odds for Biden are on 330-359 in electrical college.
    I think that might be overly optimistic, but Biden will get over 300 I would think.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 220 ✭✭holdyerhorses

eagle eye wrote: »
    Can you go on to as many sites as you can and post this please.
    It'll make sure those that might think of not voting, because they think it's over, will go vote.
    That'll ensure a Biden win.

Thanks.

Yes, when everything west of Chicago wakes up they'll see his posts and think, eff it, 4 more years, back to bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭randd1

It wasn't even just the haste at which it was filled, in his own words after the confirmation, he said they can undo the last 4 years work here (senate) but they can't undo the work they did in the supreme court..

All the while, millions are losing jobs, support payments coming to an end and no new stimulus being passed. This was the number 1 issue on people's minds polls showing 70 plus percent in favour of a new stimulus.

GOP priorities right there for you, they suspect what others are thinking, Donnie is gonna lose but the supreme court is filled and they're very happy with that, they can go away a rot happy in the knowledge they have their people passing judgement.

Does the GOP really exist anymore? It's the Tea Party now, their whole policy is to follow the dear leader because he "owns the libs" online. Love America but hate Americans, particularly if you're non-WASP.

The GOP ad least stood for something, these days it's little more than Alex Jones and Sean Hannity's combined wet dreams.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Such an ugly election.

I believe both camps are more than capable of engaging in election interference.

My only hope is that whoever loses, their supporters will go home peacefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

Yes, when everything west of Chicago wakes up they'll see his posts and think, eff it, 4 more years, back to bed.

He seems to think i will influence the people of America . Huge compliment !

• Advertisement

You are too invested . We live in Ireland . You need to calm down . Be the best you.

The bloke (are you a bloke?) rapid firing pro-Trump posts, doing his best 'useful idiot' impression on here, telling someone else to calm down!! Youcouldn'tmakeitup!!!1!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,990 ✭✭✭✭listermint

sigh..

Ah right. I see you believe a business can run loss making for a decade.

Interesting. I mean it's a golf course not Uber.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Trump's Chances of Winning Election Almost Double What His Odds Were Before 2016 Upset

https://www.newsweek.com/trumps-chances-winning-election-almost-double-what-his-odds-were-before-2016-upset-1543980

• Registered Users Posts: 18,305 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

You are too invested . We live in Ireland . You need to calm down . Be the best you.

And this from the guy who says he spent 18 months researching the election in Florida! :D:pac:

The bloke (are you a bloke?) rapid firing pro-Trump posts, doing his best 'useful idiot' impression on here, telling someone else to calm down!! Youcouldn'tmakeitup!!!1!

Im very calm. Very stable. Wish you nothing but the best. May the best man win . We all want the same thing at the end of the day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

randd1 wrote: »
    Does the GOP really exist anymore? It's the Tea Party now, their whole policy is to follow the dear leader because he "owns the libs" online. Love America but hate Americans, particularly if you're non-WASP.

The GOP ad least stood for something, these days it's little more than Alex Jones and Sean Hannity's combined wet dreams.

Easier to type GOP then republican/Donnie and his merry men etc..

Im very calm. Very stable. Wish you nothing but the best. May the best man win . We all want the same thing at the end of the day

Hah! You forgot 'genius'.

namloc1980 wrote: »
    And this from the guy who says he spent 18 months researching the election in Florida! :D:pac:

Work purposes

• Registered Users Posts: 5,052 ✭✭✭endainoz

A quick question folks, I see that over 100 million votes have been cast already and counting of these will being later today. Yet many reliable sources are saying that we likely won't have a result tonight. I find this kind of confusing as to why it would take so long? Is it more of a case of the states that will be too close to call and will have legal challenges for them?

Personally I think Biden will win easily enough, I think the early voters are an indication of that. Many people are voting that don't normally vote, which I see as people goin out of their way to get Trump out of office for good. I do think right wing violence is inevitable too though. An interesting night/day ahead to say the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,466 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

endainoz wrote: »
    A quick question folks, I see that over 100 million votes have been cast already and counting of these will being later today. Yet many reliable sources are saying that we likely won't have a result tonight. I find this kind of confusing as to why it would take so long? Is it more of a case of the states that will be too close to call and will have legal challenges for them?

Personally I think Biden will win easily enough, I think the early voters are an indication of that. Many people are voting that don't normally vote, which I see as people goin out of their way to get Trump out of office for good. I do think right wing violence is inevitable too though. An interesting night/day ahead to say the least.

some states won't start counting mail-in votes until after polls close. In particular Pennsylvania, Wisconsin and Michigan do this and they are key states.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,810 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Work purposes

Hope your job isn't dependent on trump winning by 10%+.....

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

GOP priorities right there for you, they suspect what others are thinking, Donnie is gonna lose but the supreme court is filled and they're very happy with that

McConnell knew a COVID stimulus would help Trump, but didn't do it anyway. He knew Trump was losing even with that boost, and he'd rather leave Biden with a bigger problem so that the Rs can start attacking Biden from day one for not cleaning up their mess.

A stable genius so to speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

eagle eye wrote: »
    I'm going really brave on this. Biden wins Texas and Florida.
    I think Texas will likely be the closest run state but I just think Biden edges.
    namloc1980 wrote: »
    If Biden does win Texas and Florida the EC will be a landslide - Trump would be under 200 EC votes.
    If Biden flips Texas, at 2am our time it could be all over bar the shouting.

I can think of other things it is, brave isn't one of them!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

McConnell knew a COVID stimulus would help Trump, but didn't do it anyway. He knew Trump was losing even with that boost, and he'd rather leave Biden with a bigger problem so that the Rs can start attacking Biden from day one for not cleaning up their mess.

McConnell is also a pure Reaganite Republican. He'll live very comfortably with Biden, long and productive history between them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,466 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I can think of other things it is, brave isn't one of them!

that we are even discussing the possibility of biden winning texas should worry you. assuming you are approaching this rationally.

Anything less than 10% victory for Trump in Texas should shock.

Florida should be Trumps with a few % lead.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,762 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Danzy wrote: »

Biden is ahead in Florida with all reputable polls.

You guys just seem to state the opposite of the state of play with absolutely no evidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭8-10

endainoz wrote: »
    A quick question folks, I see that over 100 million votes have been cast already and counting of these will being later today. Yet many reliable sources are saying that we likely won't have a result tonight.

I mean that's not a small number! There's significantly more mail in votes this year given the pandemic which will take time but even then it's always the case that counts still go on after polling day. Ohio I think has 10 days allowed for example and it's those battleground states with closer races that will take longer. Florida is an exception, they'll be the earliest of the battlegrounds.

spook_cook wrote: »
    If it's attributed to anonymous sources, would that work for you? Seems to be ok for other Trump related stuff.

Anonymous sources verified by whom?

You guys just seem to state the opposite of the state of play with absolutely no evidence.

Look at actual votes being cast, party affiliations etc.
    Polls are irrelevant now.

There is more evidence and info than from polls.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,594 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Danzy wrote: »

Prepare to be shocked...
    I think he will win in Texas but expect the margin to be smaller.

I doubt it very much as it is an older retired demographic, many have suffered greatly from the pandemic. Trump's handling of COVID hit Florida harder than most states.

spook_cook wrote: »
    Like the others, I guess a partisan outlet would do the job?

Yes, please link. I'm trying to understand what you mean by anonymous sources when it comes to polling.....I figured they were all anonymous anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

What happens the Biden or Trump fans when the other wins?

There’s a lot of incredibly polarised views here and this is an Irish message board ffs!

Does the loser crawl under a rock for 4 year’s?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 5,992 ✭✭✭hometruths

What is the most reputable poll in Florida?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement