Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Ultimate battle for the fate of our universe (pt 3)Read OP 01/11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,399 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Sebastian Kurtz is the youngest ever Chancellor of Austria.

Sanna Marin is the youngest ever Finnish PM.

Jacinda Ardern is New Zealand's youngest ever female PM, and second youngest overall by a matter of weeks.

Emmanuel Macron is the youngest French President in history.

Mark Rutte is the second-youngest PM in Dutch history.

Leo was our youngest ever Taoiseach up to earlier this year and will be again when he re-takes the role. He has four years on WT Cosgrave in second.

It seems a lot of modern democracies are looking to the future by turning to young, progressive people (putting personal opinions of Vardakar to one side, and admittedly not au fait with the popularity of most of the leaders mentioned).

Meanwhile, in the old US of A, only four Presidents in history were over 65 when taking office: William Henry Harrison in 1841, James Buchanan in 1857, Ronald Reagan in 1981, and Trump in 2017- who is the only president thus far to be over 70 when taking the reins. Should Biden win, it will be two septuagenarians in a row. The fact that two of the four oldest presidents were in the nineteenth century, tells you all you need to know about the disparity.

Male, pale and stale springs to mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Nermal

kilns wrote: »
    Trump tells people he is the man of the working class

Yet who is it that lives in a apartment on 5th avenue made out of gold

hilarious stuff

I know it’s hard for you to understand, but the working class despise pretension, not riches.

Living in an apartment made of gold and marrying a supermodel is precisely what a normal person would do if handed a billion dollars.

Perhaps you would prefer to take the Lady Gaga path: attend awards shows wearing a meat suit. Each to their own, but think you’d be in a minority.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

biko wrote: »
    Joe has been holding speeches since before you were born.

And he has been getting tongue tied since he was in his 20s due to a speech impediment. How many times will this need to be pointed out to you before you stop pretending to be unaware of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,696 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Male, pale and stale springs to mind.

And the next two candidates in line were Sanders at 79 and Warren at 71.

Think we'll see a change over the next few elections.

Niki Halley, Pete Buttigieg and Kamala Harris, Paul Ryan, Ted Cruz all names likely to be in the mix. And AOC also, but hopefully not for a number of years yet.
    I'd even like to see Buttigieg in congress before going for the Presidency again although that might not be an option for a gay man in Indiana.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

kilns wrote: »
    Biden up 108,000 in florida in early votes

Clinton went into election day with a 240,000 lead in Florida, lost by 113,000.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

https://twitter.com/PpollingNumbers/status/1323649195488780288?s=20

Balloting open in florida, already early lead for Trump in possibly the most important battleground for GOP victory chances

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭threeball

huge lines in rural parts all across usa

Backwards Kip. In any other decent democracy you're in and out of the voting in 10 to 20mins max. This is the kind of crap you see in Afghanistan or some other undeveloped country holding their first elections. Leader of the free world my hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,567 ✭✭✭swampgas

Nermal wrote: »
    I know it’s hard for you to understand, but the working class despise pretension, not riches.

Living in an apartment made of gold and marrying a supermodel is precisely what a normal person would do if handed a billion dollars.

All the normal people I know (a right mix of working class and others), if given a billion dollars, would absolutely NOT emulate Trump. You may be projecting a little?

Funnily enough it has been discussed a few times (what would you do if you won the euromillions) and most people agonise over how much they would give to extended family and friends, not how fast they could install a gold plated toilet and find a mail-order bride.

You might want to recalibrate your understanding of what "normal" is.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Balloting open in florida, already early lead for Trump in possibly the most important battleground for GOP victory chances

Are you ignoring the 2 million others?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Is that reporting numbers by party registration or some sort of exit poll?

• Advertisement

How does that equate to a lead for Trump can you please explain. Do the other 2million odd voters not count or did they vote for Bert and Ernie.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,305 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

There's 2.2 million non aligned votes there! How can you say Trump is winning without knowing how those breakdown???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

Graham wrote: »
    Is that reporting numbers by party registration or some sort of exit poll?

Its party affiliation.

There's a link to the Google Doc in the tweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭EasycomeEasygo

Penn wrote: »
    For his own ego, he has to get more than he got in 2016 (304). That's what his 306 is based off; not data, polling or expected results, just what he wants to get.

The 304 was with two faithless electors, if he was trying to do better it would be 307 or more

Smee_Again wrote: »
    Its party affiliation.

There's a link to the Google Doc in the tweet.

Gas that people will just align themselves to one political party for life and be quite happy to tell anyone that asks regardless of who the candidate is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

threeball wrote: »
    Gas that people will just align themselves to one political party for life and be quite happy to tell anyone that asks regardless of who the candidate is.

Yeah, but we get that here too.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,481 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Quite a few trolls on this thread getting people agitated. I expect them to make the thread unreadable later. Expect lots of posters will little to no posting history to pop up and have a go at stirring the pot.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭EasycomeEasygo

• Registered Users Posts: 33,105 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

And the next two candidates in line were Sanders at 79 and Warren at 71.

Think we'll see a change over the next few elections.

Niki Halley, Pete Buttigieg and Kamala Harris, Paul Ryan, Ted Cruz all names likely to be in the mix. And AOC also, but hopefully not for a number of years yet.
    I'd even like to see Buttigieg in congress before going for the Presidency again although that might not be an option for a gay man in Indiana.
    Pete Buttigieg is terrific, he is one of the few Democrats that go onto fox news, always comes across extremely well, hugely intelligent.
    I would say he will get there eventually to congress anyway. Not sure the US is quite ready for a gay man as the president (even a married christian one)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

https://twitter.com/nprpolitics/status/1323609980197572613

More bad news for GOP voter supressors. They really must be worried about losing with all this litigation!

Anyway, hello all...work finished, day off tomorrow, all ready for the night ahead!

Go Joe! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

I'm listening to us radio stations huge lines to vote in rural areas that last time took 5 minutes.
    meanwhile parts of blue state voters in and out in no time.
    has Biden with the early mail in vote canalballsed his ground vote?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Tippex

was watching CNN for a while and they had a reporter at a polling station in Broward County (Florida) and they asked 3 people how they voted.
    2 were apparently "elderly" and both said they were voting for Trump.
    1 when asked why said that she felt he had done a good job on the economy and handling the pandemic (The reporter then asked how they felt about what trump had said to Bob Woodford and she said she never heard anything about it).

The other was a 30ish yr old male who when asked said he had not decided who to vote for until he got there and said he was torn between his beliefs in racial equality and pro-life. He refused to say who he voted for but when asked was he happy with the way he voted he said "No"

I find it mind-boggling that the voters would not know about the bob Woodford stuff.
    I can certainly sympathise with the guy who was torn if his beliefs are that strong and both are not held by one side in the running.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Movementarian

You're assuming every repiblican and democrat votes for their candidate. That just shows party votes, doesnt mean they voted for their party candidate.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 220 ✭✭holdyerhorses

It's videos like that which make you release how lucky you are not to live there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

gmisk wrote: »
    Pete Buttigieg is terrific, he is one of the few Democrats that go onto fox news, always comes across extremely well, hugely intelligent.
    I would say he will get there eventually to congress anyway. Not sure the US is quite ready for a gay man as the president (even a married christian one)

I'd agree Buttigieg is probably the best politician of the mainstream democrats but is he offering anything different to the old guard policy-wise? Is that classic style politician going to be relevant after Trump? Or will the future look more like AOC?

https://twitter.com/nprpolitics/status/1323609980197572613

More bad news for GOP voter supressors. They really must be worried about losing with all this litigation!

Anyway, hello all...work finished, day off tomorrow, all ready for the night ahead!

Go Joe! :D
    Right decision.
    It's bizarre tbh.

People should ask themselves...why do they want to vote for a party that actively works to prevent certain people from voting? It is extremely sh1tty behaviour.

Tippex wrote: »

I find it mind-boggling that the voters would not know about the bob Woodford stuff.
    I can certainly sympathise with the guy who was torn if his beliefs are that strong and both are not held by one side in the running.

But like, the Woodward stuff was fairly reasonable..no one knew how the virus would end up..Had he came out and told everyone to panic it would only have made things worse..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 220 ✭✭holdyerhorses

Tippex wrote: »
    was watching CNN for a while and they had a reporter at a polling station in Broward County (Florida) and they asked 3 people how they voted.
    2 were apparently "elderly" and both said they were voting for Trump.
    1 when asked why said that she felt he had done a good job on the economy and handling the pandemic (The reporter then asked how they felt about what trump had said to Bob Woodford and she said she never heard anything about it).

The other was a 30ish yr old male who when asked said he had not decided who to vote for until he got there and said he was torn between his beliefs in racial equality and pro-life. He refused to say who he voted for but when asked was he happy with the way he voted he said "No"

It's very easy not to know about criticism of Tump if you get yer info from an hour long Hannity segment.

Smee_Again wrote: »
    Yeah, but we get that here too.

In much smaller percentages. Our swing vote is massive compared to theirs and even then very few would register them as loyal to that party with every intention of proving it to all and sundry. Its the kind of info that can close doors for you if the wrong person is in the wrong position.

• Advertisement

I'd agree Buttigieg is probably the best politician of the mainstream democrats but is he offering anything different to the old guard policy-wise? Is that classic style politician going to be relevant after Trump? Or will the future look more like AOC?
    I honestly haven't dug into what his policies would be in great detail, from what I understand it's fairly in line with biden?
    I don't think the US is ready for an AOC...maybe in another 8-12 years!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement