Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Ultimate battle for the fate of our universe (pt 3)Read OP 01/11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭EasycomeEasygo

It's videos like that which make you release how lucky you are not to live there.

And this is why they won't leave the poll watchers in

https://twitter.com/mikeroman/status/1323629214839513090

It's very easy not to know about criticism of Tump if you get yer info from an hour long Hannity segment.

You would have to be under a rock on Mars in fairness to be unaware of the continuous anti Trump media coverage of the last four years..

• Registered Users Posts: 23,762 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Tippex wrote: »
    was watching CNN for a while and they had a reporter at a polling station in Broward County (Florida) and they asked 3 people how they voted.
    2 were apparently "elderly" and both said they were voting for Trump.
    1 when asked why said that she felt he had done a good job on the economy and handling the pandemic (The reporter then asked how they felt about what trump had said to Bob Woodford and she said she never heard anything about it).

The other was a 30ish yr old male who when asked said he had not decided who to vote for until he got there and said he was torn between his beliefs in racial equality and pro-life. He refused to say who he voted for but when asked was he happy with the way he voted he said "No"

I find it mind-boggling that the voters would not know about the bob Woodford stuff.
    I can certainly sympathise with the guy who was torn if his beliefs are that strong and both are not held by one side in the running.

That's the Fox news bubble I'm afraid.

So many people are siloed in to their own media space, they dont hear about anything else other than what they are told.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Tippex

There needs to be an overhaul of the whole voting process in the US.
    It is ridiculous that each state nevermind county in the state can have different policies in place to how to cast a vote and to the validity of the votes that have been posted but not received.

Then add in the only federal piece in the jigsaw (Post office) throwing a massive spanner in the works.

This is not a Trump problem this is an inherent US problem that needs to be solved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Basket case of an country

Expect people along presently to say this is fine..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

But like, the Woodward stuff was fairly reasonable..no one knew how the virus would end up..Had he came out and told everyone to panic it would only have made things worse..

He said himself it was bad. He didn't have to tell people 'to panic'. No world leader worth their salt would tell their people to panic.

People want the truth, relayed calmly, followed by a solid plan.

Listening to doctors and scientists, not slagging off the WHO and CDC etc. also helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Movementarian

Sounds legit, I mean sure its just one guy saying it and no proof but I mean thats been enough for most Trump supporters up till now right?

https://twitter.com/parnellwrites/status/1323629724132872192

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,305 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

https://twitter.com/nprpolitics/status/1323609980197572613

More bad news for GOP voter supressors. They really must be worried about losing with all this litigation!

Anyway, hello all...work finished, day off tomorrow, all ready for the night ahead!

Go Joe! :D

If the Republicans put as much effort into improving people's lives as they do into trying to disenfranchise voters the US would be a better place.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,554 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Leo was our youngest ever Taoiseach up to earlier this year and will be again when he re-takes the role. He has four years on WT Cosgrave in second.
    And he was followed by the second oldest Taoiseach in the history of the state. Martin was one month younger than Lemass was when he took office.

He didn't have a permit to be a watcher for that polling place. The location was conveniently redacted on the photo on the tweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Cross your fingers this election isn't close or it'll be rifles at dawn!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Tippex

Basket case of an country

This. It is crazy to think of the rhetoric that used to be about Ireland being so backward when compared to the states but my god they really are a joke shop when it comes to this sort of thing.

"Poll watchers".

You mean the thugs Trump wants to turn out at polling stations to intimidate voters.

Those poll watchers?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Helping the world get rid of Trump? This is fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

Nermal wrote: »
    I know it’s hard for you to understand, but the working class despise pretension, not riches.

Living in an apartment made of gold and marrying a supermodel is precisely what a normal person would do if handed a billion dollars.

Perhaps you would prefer to take the Lady Gaga path: attend awards shows wearing a meat suit. Each to their own, but think you’d be in a minority.

No its very easy understand, its obvious he has zero respect for his base which are mainly working class

Since he inherited his fortune, he has continiously stiffed working class people, why should he suddenly change now that he becomes more powerful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,810 ✭✭✭hynesie08

I'd agree Buttigieg is probably the best politician of the mainstream democrats but is he offering anything different to the old guard policy-wise? Is that classic style politician going to be relevant after Trump? Or will the future look more like AOC?

She's an interesting one, she has the most obvious career path I've ever seen (state senate governor of NY, WH in 2036) but she will have to be note perfect for the next decade and a half or the American public and the GOP will bury her...... Lot of pressure on one person.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,481 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

But like, the Woodward stuff was fairly reasonable..no one knew how the virus would end up..Had he came out and told everyone to panic it would only have made things worse..

Not wanting to spread panic and actively making fun of people taking the virus seriously are two very different games.
    It was way beyond not wanting to cause panic. Now that the Woodward tapes are out why is he still mocking people taking precautions?

Let's face it, he just lies a lot and he's not good at it.

Why are you spamming the thread with Twitter dumps?

So it's ok for Trump to encourage voter intimidation with his so called poll watchers but not ok for posters?

Gotchya

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

So it's ok for Trump to encourage voter intimidation with his so called poll watchers but not ok for posters?

Gotchya

What are you talking about? Can people not ask for signs to be taken down if they're illegal.

What evidence of voter intimidation are you talking about?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,772 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Can I ask the anti Trump people in this thread ,
    What do you think will change for the average American if Biden wins ?
    Do you think America will change for people of colour ?

Has Biden not show with his direct actions and quote in the past that he is infact more racist then people say Trump is ?

Again I don't care who wins & have no favourite but why do so many people seem to forget who Biden is and what he has been about .

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Has Biden not show with his direct actions and quote in the past that he is infact more racist then people say Trump is ?

Again I don't care who wins & have no favourite but why do so many people seem to forget who Biden is and what he has been about .

Biden more racist than Trump. Can you support that with a credible argument?

What are you talking about? Can people not ask for signs to be taken down if they're illegal.

What evidence of voter intimidation are you talking about?

Posters should be taken down just as Trump's "poll watchers" should stay away from polling stations.

Biden more racist than Trump. Can you support that with a credible argument?

Crime bill..
    Supporting segregated buses..
    'racial jungle' comment..
    KKK eulogy..

• Advertisement

Who says it's just about the US?

It's in Ireland's national interest that Biden wins both economically and for dealing with Britain and Brexit.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement