Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Ultimate battle for the fate of our universe (pt 3)Read OP 01/11

Options

Comments

threeball wrote: »
    you could tune out from her inane ramblings for a minute or two.

Inane ramblings?..That chick was an absolute weapon..

• Registered Users Posts: 21,692 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

That 'chick' is on the left.
    The lady on the right lost her job for downplaying Covid-19

https://twitter.com/briantylercohen/status/1313149096195026949

That 'chick' is on the left.
    The lady on the right lost her job for downplaying Covid-19

Well I'm sure you'll join me in wishing her a speedy recovery..

• Registered Users Posts: 21,692 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Well I'm sure you'll join me in wishing her a speedy recovery..

Of course.

And I hope you'll join me in recognizing that the Trump/White House/GOP/Fox narrative on Covid all along has been dangerously misleading and has resulted in people becoming ill and dying unnecessarily.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,728 ✭✭✭eire4

Of course.

And I hope you'll join me in recognizing that the Trump/White House/GOP/Fox narrative on Covid all along has been dangerously misleading and has resulted in people becoming ill and dying unnecessarily.

Bottom line for me was the Woodword tapes which clearly show the president knew from the beginning how dangerous and deadly this disease was and is and so his constant lies since February to downplay things unquestionably have sent tens of thousands of Americans to their deaths. Exactly how many of the so far 215,000 odd American deaths could have been avoided I do not know but this president and his constant lies and misinformation when he knew the opposite was the truth has indirectly killed thousands.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

A good piece from The Rising.. talking about the differences from 16 polls to this year's polls. The steady lead Joe has held now for months, the virus handling.. the first debate that even Donnie's base have said it was a sh!t show from him.. also the big swing in the older vote towards Joe.. all reasons why you should start to believe the polls in 2020.
    . . .

These guys have a slightly less jaundiced view about US President Donald Trump, maybe being more Bernie Sanders inclined, and so their huge dislike is Wall St, Corporations, and the super rich, and they are saying the US Chamber of Commerce have moved away from the Republicans, and are backing Joe Biden. They have three times the lobbying funds of anyone else. They want stability, and to get back with China. They have previously claimed Wall Street wants Joe Biden. This is recorded prior to Trump’s COVID.

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

threeball wrote: »
    He seems to have a queue of muppets lining up to do it. At least she was nice to look at so you could tune out from her inane ramblings for a minute or two.

She's far from a "muppet". She has already beaten a far worse sickness than Covid-19.

If Trump loses he will still be whinging in four years time.

Hell, he'll probably whinge even if he wins!

Trump may be many things but he's no winger. Hillary on the other hand (along with some of her supporters), hasn't shut up about 2016.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Trump may be many things but he's no winger. Hillary on the other hand (along with some of her supporters), hasn't shut up about 2016.

No Whinger????

Are you kidding me?????

It's ALL he does.

He has whined incessantly about everything.

It is one of his defining features , his ability to make everything about him and how badly he's been treated.

Penn wrote: »
    It's based on Trump strongly and repeatedly implying that he will challenge the results if he doesn't win.

Do you mean he has implied he will challenge the results if he suspects fraud? Or simply if he doesn't win? If its the latter, could you provide a link as I don't think I have ever heard him say that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,585 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Ah would you stop! He whinges and calls people childish names because he feels they are "nasty" to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,462 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

would he be more of a box-to-box midfielder?

• Registered Users Posts: 56,316 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Ah would you stop! He whinges and calls people childish names because he feels they are "nasty" to him.

Go way ouha that you very terrible nasty person.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Do you mean he has implied he will challenge the results if he suspects fraud? Or simply if he doesn't win? If its the latter, could you provide a link as I don't think I have ever heard him say that.

Well - It's basically both.

He has clearly and repeatedly said that the only way he could possibly lose would be as a result of fraud.
    “We have to win the election. We can’t play games. Go out and vote. Do those beautiful absentee ballots, or just make sure your vote gets counted. Make sure because the only way we're going to lose this election is if the election is rigged,” Trump told the group of supporters at the outdoor campaign event. “Remember that. It’s the only way we’re going to lose this election, so we have to be very careful.”

The only way they’re going to win is that way. And we can’t let that happen,” Trump said

And here he is again

Penn wrote: »
    According to Wikipedia, she called Trump to concede in the early hours of Wednesday morning (election was on Tuesday). Made her concession speech the next morning.

Thanks for that, I had no idea thats how it played out....

Seeing Podesta walking out onto that stage was probably the most beautiful part of the victory in 2016. I pictured Hillary having one of her rumored epic hissy fits back stage! She really should have faced her supporters that night. It made me think, if she cant handle facing her supporters in defeat, did she really have the metal to be president at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,588 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Seeing Podesta walking out onto that stage was probably the most beautiful part of the victory in 2016. I pictured Hillary having one of her rumored epic hissy fits back stage! She really should have faced her supporters that night. It made me think, if she cant handle facing her supporters in defeat, did she really have the metal to be president at all?

Suggestion: Get past 2016.

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    But Trump has repeatedly said in recent weeks that the only way he can lose is if the other side cheat , he is calling fraud before the Election.
    but he has said himself that the only way he can lose is if the Democratic party cheat

That's twice you have said that. Have you got a link? I think wherever your getting that information from might be taking it out of context.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,728 ✭✭✭eire4

No Whinger????

Are you kidding me?????

It's ALL he does.

He has whined incessantly about everything.

It is one of his defining features , his ability to make everything about him and how badly he's been treated.

Well come on now. It is not quite all the president does. He does spend a fair amount of time lying:)
    But seriously yes the claim that the president is not a whinger is risible. The endless examples of him going off on a tangent to spew forth a laundry list of grievances is quite extensive to put it mildly. As you say so correctly because it is always about him and how badly he has been treated.

At this point I am thinking he will lose next month and maybe even quite heavily. But if he was somehow to win the election the revenge tour he would go on would be horrific. Just look at his behaviour after the Republicans in the senate refused to convict him after he was impeached.

Indeed , let's see how the man himself manages if/when he finds himself in a similar situation.

That's twice you have said that. Have you got a link? I think wherever your getting that information from might be taking it out of context.

Here you go
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oR8oIitE6mI

• Advertisement

Sure..

About 3 posts above this.

And NO , it's not "taken out of context.."

He has clearly and repeatedly said that the only way he could possibly lose would be as a result of fraud.
    “We have to win the election. We can’t play games. Go out and vote. Do those beautiful absentee ballots, or just make sure your vote gets counted. Make sure because the only way we're going to lose this election is if the election is rigged,” Trump told the group of supporters at the outdoor campaign event. “Remember that. It’s the only way we’re going to lose this election, so we have to be very careful.”

“The only way they’re going to win is that way. And we can’t let that happen,” Trump said

And here he is again

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

Indeed, this is from 2016. Kayleigh McEnany is very sharp, she's been appointed to being press secretary in April this year and built up a following.

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

Indeed, this is from 2016. Kayleigh McEnany is very sharp, she's been appointed to being press secretary in April this year and built up a following.

I've been watching the odd press conference.. she regularly makes a show of the "press"..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

And here she is in 2015...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suk0Pb_HqC8&ab_channel=DavidPakmanShow

OK great well it appears he did say those words but the fact that they were being said to supporters during rally's means they are not statements like you have interpreted them, they are rallying cries.

In that clip he is specifically talking about the possibility of voter fraud

OK great well it appears he did say those words but the fact that they were being said to supporters during rally's means they are not statements like you have interpreted them, they are rallying cries.

ah, so he doesn't actually mean them? is that your angle?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,364 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Joking presumably

If a football coach tells his team to "flatten the opponent", does he mean he wants his players to literally flatten them... *rhetorical

• Registered Users Posts: 13,588 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

In that clip he is specifically talking about the possibility of voter fraud

Then why didn't he use the words "Voter fraud?" When asked, would he commit to a peaceful transfer of power, he didn't answer the question, said the 'ballots were out of control' and refused to answer the direct question.

Does that reassure you he's committed to a peaceful transfer of power?

• Advertisement

If a football coach tells his team to "flatten the opponent", does he mean he wants his players to literally flatten them... *rhetorical

his supporters don't understand rhetoric. neither does trump for that matter. he isn't smart enough

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement