Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Ultimate battle for the fate of our universe (pt 3)Read OP 01/11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

Trump the great hater of immigrants is married to one ,

Trump was sued in the 70s by the Nixon administration for racial discrimination...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Ah man god bless you if you think that means he can't be racist,

Why would you work for a black man if you’re a racist?

Panrich wrote: »
    Did a couple of bets myself so if Biden loses Arizona and Florida, you know who to blame.

Arizona is a very interesting one, it has changed even over the last 4 years, the fastest growing urban centre in the US is the county where Pheonix is and will sway the outcome now

I dont know who for though

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Does he hate immigrants?
    Didn’t know that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

RCP have been manipulating their cut off times/dates of polling averages to benefit Trump, they've lost most of their credibility as a result.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭EasycomeEasygo

In the 1970s, yes. Very different times and, even at that, your assertions are only partially true at best.

Moving forward 40 years, Trump praises white supremacists.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZzt4HNR1bE

The Young Turks seem to think he is

• Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭elefant

Again I don't care but seem a lot of Biden support is just Anti Trump the person its bizarre when Biden is a terrible candidate himself,

It's not bizarre. Donald Trump doesn't believe in climate change, doesn't condemn white supremacists, pretends not to know about Qanon conspiracy nuts so that he doesn't need to disavow their dangerous delusions, has racially abused Mexicans, members of congress and former presidents, won't apologise for demanding death for the innocent central park 5, lied to the American public about the dangers of covid19, has abandoned multilateralism, has been impeached for debasing the office and soliciting foreign interference in US elections, has repeatedly talked complete nonsense about his non existent healthcare plan, has given major administration positions to woefully unqualified friends and family members... and so on and so forth. And all of this can be considered alongside the fact that he is at least as doddery as Biden, with the added exacerbating ingredients of his rampant narcissism and the fact that he displays all of the above for all to see on social media.

A huge percentage of people who favour Biden above Trump have serious misgivings about Biden too, but the bar to get over to be the better of the two is sadly so, so low that it's inconsequential.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Amish
    **** me that was funny to see :D

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 5,990 ✭✭✭hometruths

Why would you work for a black man if you’re a racist?

I don’t think Biden is racist, but undoubtedly being VP of the USA is an attractive job, that most people racist or not, would love to have working for Obama.

Comes with some great perks, like setting your son up with lucrative seats on the boards of Ukrainian companies under investigation for corruption.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZzt4HNR1bE

The Young Turks seem to think he is

Watch a YouTube video with no context? Nope.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,772 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

"Very fine people". I'm happy to continue this conversation.

What did Trump mean when, just two months ago, when he asked The Proud Boys to "Stand back and stand by"?

Again I'm not pro Trump I didn't hear the first example so I'm not sure what context it was in

The second one I honestly thought people mistook that, he was asked would he tell them to stand down ( wasn't he ?)
    He replied id ask them to stand back and stand by

There two ways to take stand by & depends which context you took it in for example

" he scored a goal as on lookers stood by "
    "two battalions were on their way, and a third was standing by"

So did he mean to stand by (out of the way) or stand by (ready for a call) I don't know for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Movementarian

schmittel wrote: »
    I don’t think Biden is racist, but undoubtedly being VP of the USA is an attractive job, that most people racist or not, would love to have working for Obama.

Comes with some great perks, like setting your son up with lucrative seats on the boards of Ukrainian companies under investigation for corruption.

Investigated by a republican led committe who found no wrongdoing. Appointing your own children and son in law to key government positions and security clearance and holding government events in your own private properties for direct financial benefit though....well...

Smee_Again wrote: »
    RCP have been manipulating their cut off times/dates of polling averages to benefit Trump, they've lost most of their credibility as a result.

They have lost their credibility with people who think Trump cannot win.

If it turned out that Trump did win and RCPs averages are closer than 538s would RCP regain their credibility and 538 Lose theirs?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

elefant wrote: »
    It's not bizarre. Donald Trump doesn't believe in climate change, doesn't condemn white supremacists, pretends not to know about Qanon conspiracy nuts so that he doesn't need to disavow their dangerous delusions, has racially abused Mexicans, members of congress and former presidents, won't apologise for demanding death for the innocent central park 5, lied to the American public about the dangers of covid19, has abandoned multilateralism, has been impeached for debasing the office and soliciting foreign interference in US elections, has repeatedly talked complete nonsense about his non existent healthcare plan, has given major administration positions to woefully unqualified friends and family members... and so on and so forth. And all of this can be considered alongside the fact that he is at least as doddery as Biden, with the added exacerbating ingredients of his rampant narcissism and the fact that he displays all of the above for all to see on social media.

A huge percentage of people who favour Biden above Trump have serious misgivings about Biden too, but the bar to get over to be the better of the two is sadly so, so low that it's inconsequential.

How does any of that effect the day to day lives of Americans?

He promised to create jobs, slow immigration, stop ISIS. All the stuff you have mentioned above are irrelevant to 99.99% of Americans. They are media issues, not people issues

• Registered Users Posts: 33,105 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Christ what a line....

His admin has done a great job with immigrants alright
    https://time.com/5906441/family-separation-immigration-history/

545 children split from their parents...and the administration now can't find them....brilliant

The "I am not pro trump" act has worn very thin.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Movementarian

Again I'm not pro Trump I didn't hear the first example so I'm not sure what context it was in

The second one I honestly thought people mistook that, he was asked would he tell them to stand down ( wasn't he ?)

There two ways to take stand by & depends which context you took it in for example

So did he mean to stand by (out of the way) or stand by (ready for a call) I don't know

You're not pro trump but you defend him everytime someone says something. But when someone defends Biden you scoff at it. You're not pro trump though and you definitely don't care, you have said so many times.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭elefant

So did he mean to stand by (out of the way) or stand by (ready for a call) I don't know for sure

Ah, here. You've been spending all this time acting like you don't understand people's disdain for Trump, and you don't know about his 'very fine people' moment? That's simply not credible tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭Panrich

kilns wrote: »
    Arizona is a very interesting one, it has changed even over the last 4 years, the fastest growing urban centre in the US is the county where Pheonix is and will sway the outcome now

I dont know who for though

Trumps hatred of McCain will cost him a lot of votes there as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

They have lost their credibility with people who think Trump cannot win.

If it turned out that Trump did win and RCPs averages are closer than 538s would RCP regain their credibility and 538 Lose theirs?

No, because they have not been consistent in their methodology. That is why they are losing credibility.

If Trump wins its a sign the polls are wrong.

RCP manually changing their parameters so they get a desired outcome doesn't make them credible even if the outcome matches the result.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,848 ✭✭✭✭Penn

He was asked to disavow white supremacist groups. He asked what group. Biden said Proud Boys. Trump said "Proud Boys, stand back and stand by"

If you're suggesting that by saying "stand by" he meant to stand out of the way, that's negated by the fact he preceeded it with "stand back" which means the same thing.

Regardless, none of what he said disavowed white supremacist groups, and the Proud Boys basically cheered on their websites about how Trump told them to stand by.

So it gives us a relatively good idea of what Trump meant.

• Advertisement

He asked a vioelnt white supremacist group to "stand by". The very next line he said was "But somebody's gotta do something about Antifa and the left". There is only one interpretation of "stand by" in that context.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,736 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

big change in betting odds, Biden now 4/9 on, Trump drifting out to 2:1, great value for Trump if you're that way inclined:
    https://www.oddschecker.com/politics/us-politics/us-presidential-election-2020/winner

Ah, here. You've been spending all this time acting like you don't understand people's disdain for Trump, and you don't know about his 'very fine people' moment? That's simply not credible tbh.

Oh for god's sake..
    Just before he said that, he said 'not the white supremacists, not the neo nazis..'

• Registered Users Posts: 20,772 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

I to agree with you on the above and as I said Trump is not the answer nor do I endorse him

My point stands that a lot of people on here who are pro Biden could not have made your above argument ,but will now obviously agree just agree with it,

I'm not questioning why they would vote Biden over trump but why a lot over look his main flaw of being a racist but knock Trump for the same thing ,

astrofool wrote: »
    big change in betting odds, Biden now 4/9 on, Trump drifting out to 2:1, great value for Trump if you're that way inclined:
    https://www.oddschecker.com/politics/us-politics/us-presidential-election-2020/winner

Excellent. Another positive straw in the wind.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

It's a game, it's been going on for years.Agghhh youtube! No youtube.

Investigated by a republican led committe who found no wrongdoing. Appointing your own children and son in law to key government positions and security clearance and holding government events in your own private properties for direct financial benefit though....well...

Presumably appointing your own children and son in law to key government positions similarly amounts to no wrongdoing or they’d all be out on their asses.

I would have had more respect for Joe Biden if he’d handled this more honestly:

“sure, I get this Hunter Ukraine business looks bad, and i can guarantee if I become president my son will not be taking money from any foreign company. He will be taking it from the US government instead, as I will appoint him as my special advisor. Anybody got a problem with that?”

But sadly he had to go with the Russian disinformation malarkey.

I to agree with you on the above and as I said Trump is not the answer nor do I endorse him

My point stands that a lot of people on here who are pro Biden could not have made your above argument ,but will now obviously agree just agree with it,

I'm not questioning why they would vote Biden over trump but why a lot over look his main flaw of being a racist but knock Trump for the same thing ,

You're forgetting that they've been told for the last four years Trump is the antichrist by the media..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭8-10

"The former banker used private bookmakers registered on the Caribbean island of Curacao"

Yeah I'm sure NY Post did their due diligence in verifying this bet before running the story. Just as well as they did on the laptop story

• Advertisement

Presumably appointing your own children and son in law to key government positions similarly amounts to no wrongdoing or they’d all be out on their asses.

I would have had more respect for Joe Biden if he’d handled this more honestly:

“sure, I get this Hunter Ukraine business looks bad, and i can guarantee if I become president my son will not be taking money from any foreign company. He will be taking it from the US government instead, as I will appoint him as my special advisor. Anybody got a problem with that?”

But sadly he had to go with the Russian disinformation malarkey.

Hunter Biden seems to be the Hilarys emails of this election, its tiresome because it is so stupid

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement