Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Ultimate battle for the fate of our universe (pt 3)Read OP 01/11

Options

Comments

Penn wrote: »
    I just don't put anything past Trump at this stage, given what he's already said about the election results and the lengths GOP groups are going to to have votes thrown out. While enough electoral college votes may be cast for Biden to have him announce victory, what happens if Trump challenges results is fairly up in the air.

But like, again, in fairness, Clinton saying not to concede under any circumstances is dodgy..the dems changing the rules about mail in ballots and stuff is fair dodgy too..

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I just don't put anything past Trump at this stage, given what he's already said about the election results and the lengths GOP groups are going to to have votes thrown out. While enough electoral college votes may be cast for Biden to have him announce victory, what happens if Trump challenges results is fairly up in the air.
    If Trump wins big, will Biden concede or say he wants to wait until more votes are in?
    Many Dems never really accepted the 2016 result, they'll be even less likely to accept it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,663 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

But like, again, in fairness, Clinton saying not to concede under any circumstances is dodgy..the dems changing the rules about mail in ballots and stuff is fair dodgy too..

There is a pandemic going on though, I mean it is quite a good reason.

BTW, Trump mused about not holding an election at all, now that was dodgy

• Registered Users Posts: 18,305 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

She said he shouldn't concede until all the votes were counted and the result was clear. Given the large volume of mailed in ballots it'll take some states a few days to be able to give results. Not sure what the issue there is, Trump shouldn't concede either until it's mathematically all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,537 ✭✭✭This is it

endainoz wrote: »
    Sounds awful similar to a poster on here earlier

He's cutting it fine with those 18 months of research. Never to be seen again I would think, account closed and start again.

• Advertisement

biko wrote: »
    If Trump wins big, will Biden concede or say he wants to wait until more votes are in?
    Many Dems never really accepted the 2016 result, they'll be even less likely to accept it now.

The vast, vast, vast majority of people accepted the result. Many didn't like it but very few actually called into question the veracity of the result of the system itself.

Trump has openly stated that he thinks the system is rigged and is ready to go with legal challenges should the result not go his way.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Biden's inspired tactic of not being Donald Trump may prove decisive.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,848 ✭✭✭✭Penn

If he wins big, Biden would concede imo, as did Clinton. If it's close enough, he might not.

The Dems accepted the 2016 result. They didn't like it, but they accepted it. They felt there was Russian interference in trying to influence people's votes, not that the results of the vote itself were invalid.

It was Trump who launched an investigation into voter fraud because he lost the popular vote by approx. 3million.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Leroy42 wrote: »
    The vast, vast, vast majority of people accepted the result. Many didn't like it but very few actually called into question the veracity of the result of the system itself.

Trump has openly stated that he thinks the system is rigged and is ready to go with legal challenges should the result not go his way.

As soon as Trump had won 270 electoral college votes, Clinton conceded defeat. That was on Nov 9th. If he loses, I'm absolutely certain, 100%, beyond a shadow of a doubt, Trump will do the same and bow out graciously.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

They could have entered anyone on the "not Trump" ballot.
    Shame it wasn't Bernie, that would have made for some interesting politics the next 4 years.
    Maybe Bernie 2024 can still happen?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,736 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Ah c'mon that's complete horse manure, the difference in 2016 was miniscule compared to the overall count, but Hillary had conceded by Ireland daybreak the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭Ahwell

Let's not forget Trump claiming millions of people voting illegally cost him the popular vote in 2016.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

They could have entered anyone on the "not Trump" ballot.
    Shame it wasn't Bernie, that would have made for some interesting politics the next 4 years.
    Maybe Bernie 2024 can still happen?

Aged 83? Doubt if he'd be interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

All this is ok cause the orange man is bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

If he wins big, Biden would concede imo, as did Clinton. If it's close enough, he might not.

The Dems accepted the 2016 result. They didn't like it, but they accepted it. They felt there was Russian interference in trying to influence people's votes, not that the results of the vote itself were invalid.

It was Trump who launched an investigation into voter fraud because he lost the popular vote by approx. 3million.

They literally claimed "the election was hacked" lol. :rolleyes: :o They ran with that narrative for almost 4 years - that the election was "hacked by the Russians".

And this wasn't some kooky alt-left conspiracy website - this was the msm - the New York Times, the likes of CNN, MSNBC. Almost every day.

They didn't, if you really pressed them, claim voting was fraudulent, but they pushed this idea that the election was "hacked by Russia". Now they know lots of old people or other low iq or people of questionable mental faculties will think this meant Russia hacked into the computers and changed the results.

There were parades of people for months after with the phrase "not my president", claiming that Trump wasn't their president due to a fraudelent election.

So you're not going to sit there with a straight face and tell me they "accepted the result of the election".

• Registered Users Posts: 23,761 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Have they started counting mail-ins in Pennsylvania?

https://twitter.com/6abc/status/1323662501515546627

I thought Penn couldn't start counting until polls closed? Maybe things might be quicker than first thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,810 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Its quite long and started 18 months ago. I will update by 6pm

5 minutes to go..... I'm waiting with baited breath.....

They literally claimed "the election was hacked" lol. :rolleyes: :o They ran with that narrative for almost 4 years - that the election was "hacked by the Russians".

And this wasn't some kooky alt-left conspiracy website - this was the msm - the New York Times, the likes of CNN, MSNBC. Almost every day.

They didn't, if you really pressed them, claim voting was fraudulent, but they pushed this idea that the election was "hacked by Russia". Now they know lots of old people or other low iq or people of questionable mental faculties will think this meant Russia hacked into the computers and changed the results.

There were parades of people for months after with the phrase "not my president", claiming that Trump wasn't their president due to a fraudelent election.

So you're not going to sit there with a straight face and tell me they "accepted the result of the election".

No, they claimed that Russia had interfered in the election.

Not my president is not the same as saying the result was fraudulent. Can you point out the cases the Dems took to invalidate vote such as the GOP have already attempted in 2020.

endainoz wrote: »
    Sounds awful similar to a poster on here earlier

Hope their job doesn't rely on anything that they say on here, as they have a habit of being very wrong

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=113621840&postcount=1626

Have they started counting mail-ins in Pennsylvania?

https://twitter.com/6abc/status/1323662501515546627

I thought Penn couldn't start counting until polls closed?

Pennsylvania can start counting mail in and early votes from the opening of the polls on election day.

• Advertisement

Any sign of the poster who said they'd provide the 18 months of research they'd done on the Florida election by 6pm??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

Leroy42 wrote: »
    Can you point out the cases the Dems took to invalidate vote such as the GOP have already attempted in 2020.

Trump is unhappy with a recent supreme court decision regarding mail-in voting (something like that), he's perfectly entitled to appeal that decision.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭ShyMets

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Any sign of the poster who said they'd provide the 18 months of research they'd done on the Florida election by 6pm??

None yet. Word on the street is that his dog ate it

Trump is unhappy with a recent supreme court decision regarding mail-in voting (something like that), he's perfectly entitled to appeal that decision.

He can't appeal a Supreme Court decision. It's the Supreme Court, there's nowhere else to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,051 ✭✭✭endainoz

You don't mean they weren't telling the truth?!

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 13,481 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

All this is ok cause the orange man is bad.

No more 4chan tonight, off to bed!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭iliketomoveit

I think he's got this

kNVpAYQ.png

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Jaysus Trump sounds like he has been told he is done in that interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Pennsylvania can start counting mail in and early votes from the opening of the polls on election day.

So there won't necessarily be the delay that people were saying? Obviously some delay, but we might actually know tonight / in the morning?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭AlphaDelta1

Boggles wrote: »
    Jaysus Trump sounds like he has been told he is done in that interview.

Not at all. Looked very calm and confident tbh.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement