Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Ultimate battle for the fate of our universe (pt 3)Read OP 01/11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,761 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

https://twitter.com/katiecouric/status/1323690629868724225

The big factor here I think will be Biden republicans and independent voters.

How many will swing to Biden. It's seniors to watch in that regard.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,051 ✭✭✭endainoz

So there won't necessarily be the delay that people were saying? Obviously some delay, but we might actually know tonight / in the morning?

I'd hope so, but I'd say it'll only happen if one candidate gets a big lead, but then maybe states will be slow to make a declaration because they have huge amounts of mail in ballots to count after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,736 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Odds keep widening on Trump, betting markets seem to be busy:
    https://www.oddschecker.com/politics/us-politics/us-presidential-election-2020/winner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭AlphaDelta1

Lots of good mood music for the president in Florida. Democrats rightfully nervous now.

Boggles wrote: »
    Jaysus Trump sounds like he has been told he is done in that interview.

Which interview?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,481 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Is it true that Deutsche Bank are considering seizing Trump's assets if he loses?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,051 ✭✭✭endainoz

astrofool wrote: »
    https://www.oddschecker.com/politics/us-politics/us-presidential-election-2020/winner

Hopefully that British gambler will get burned badly!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,105 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

astrofool wrote: »
    Noticed that...a certain section of posters have gone very quiet on the betting odds....lol
    Like I said Biden over 300 in EC is my best guess.
    6-1 300-329 in paddy power looks good...

• Registered Users Posts: 33,105 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

kowloon wrote: »
    Is it true that Deutsche Bank are considering seizing Trump's assets if he loses?
    It looks like they want their money back alright.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jonathanponciano/2020/11/03/deutsche-bank-eager-to-dump-340-million-in-loans-to-trump-businesses-after-election/

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Lots of good mood music for the president in Florida. Democrats rightfully nervous now.

The truth is both sides are nervous.

Despite all of the bluster and bull5hit nobody knows with 100% certainty who will win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,305 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

So there won't necessarily be the delay that people were saying? Obviously some delay, but we might actually know tonight / in the morning?

Each county does its own count. A number of counties in Pennsylvania don't plan to start counting early votes until tomorrow so the outcome in PA won't be known for a couple of days unless it's very decisive one way or the other.

2011 wrote: »
    The truth is both sides are nervous.

Despite all of the bluster and bull5hit nobody knows with 100% certainty who will win.

I know but I'm not telling :P

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Which interview?

Just gave an interview from RNC HQ.

Looked shattered actually sounded kind of humble in between the usual nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Biden has it I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭tonycascarino

Democrats are going to get a rude awakening from the rather large silent majority who will vote for Trump. I tuned in to a live online Trump rally last night from Kenosha out of curiosity. At one stage 203,000 or so people were tuning in to watch it. I then turned over to a live Biden rally where only 13000 were watching. This has been a common trend over the past couple of nights. Trump is going to win this IMO as very little are inspired by Biden.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,537 ✭✭✭This is it

Trump's odds drifting across the board on oddschecker

Democrats are going to get a rude awakening from the rather large silent majority who will vote for Trump. I tuned in to a live online Trump rally last night from Kenosha out of curiosity. At one stage 203,000 or so people were tuning in to watch it. I then turned over to a live Biden rally where only 13000 were watching. This has been a common trend over the past couple of nights. Trump is going to win this IMO as very little are inspired by Biden.

If only this silent majority existed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭AlphaDelta1

Democrats are going to get a rude awakening from the rather large silent majority who will vote for Trump. I tuned in to a live online Trump rally last night from Kenosha out of curiosity. At one stage 203,000 or so people were tuning in to watch it. I then turned over to a live Biden rally where only 13000 were watching. This has been a common trend over the past couple of nights. Trump is going to win this IMO.

Saying it for weeks now, there is no enthusiasm for Biden and the democratic party have made a massive mistake putting someone so limp and weak forward against an entertainer like the president. We are hours away from seeing just how massive a mistake that has been.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭tonycascarino

namloc1980 wrote: »

They absolutely do. Many Trump supporters shut their mouths as to who they are voting for due to the cancel culture that has been promoted by the Democrats.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭briany

I was watching that rally and would generally prefer to watch Trump rallies over Biden, but it has nothing to do with supporting Trump and everything to do with the fact that Trump speeches are essentially drunken improv comedy. So when you see the numbers watching his rallies, you have to keep that in mind, plus you don't even know how many of those watching online are even American and eligible voters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,999 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

namloc1980 wrote: »
    That's the great thing about cancel culture.
    People are afraid to voice their opinions but it means they can express them in the ballot box.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭Panrich

They absolutely do. Many Trump supporters shut their mouths as to who they are voting for due to the cancel culture that has been promoted by the Democrats.

Ah you're an even worse pollster than a footballer.

Many Trump supporters will live beside other Trump supporters.

That whole concept of some massive "shy" vote makes zero sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

This is it wrote: »
    Trump's odds drifting across the board on oddschecker

What do you mean? They're very stable from what I can see and have been for the past few days/weeks.

https://www.oddschecker.com/politics/us-politics/us-presidential-election-2020/winner?selectionName=joe-biden

So if the silent majority exists we'll see Trump tonight get well over 50% of the vote because we know he has a core base who certainly aren't silent. So if there's a silent majority on top of that, sure maybe he'll get 70% or 80% perhaps??

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭EasycomeEasygo

gmisk wrote: »
    Noticed that...a certain section of posters have gone very quiet on the betting odds....lol
    Like I said Biden over 300 in EC is my best guess.
    6-1 300-329 in paddy power looks good...

Trump electoral college votes 270-299 and 300-330 were both 6/1 now down to 10/3 and 9/2

ELM327 wrote: »
    That's the great thing about cancel culture.
    People are afraid to voice their opinions but it means they can express them in the ballot box.

The number of people undecided or don't knows has been tiny in this election's polls. Much smaller than usual. This silent majority stuff is just fantasy.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭fawlty682

Biden will win well. People will come out to get an idiot out of the White House.

https://twitter.com/Politics_Polls/status/1323695517961015298

Biden appears on track to take Florida on these figures.

GOP Biden voters (up to 13%) + Independents (which skew to Biden by circa 60% in polls) would see him win the state.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

What do you mean? They're very stable from what I can see and have been for the past few days/weeks.

https://www.oddschecker.com/politics/us-politics/us-presidential-election-2020/winner?selectionName=joe-biden

No. They've been continuously narrowing on Biden over the last 12 hours.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement