Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Ultimate battle for the fate of our universe (pt 3)Read OP 01/11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Silent majority me bollíx, never has there been a more vocal bunch of people in the history of any presidency.

Where do people come up with this nonsense?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

No. They've been continuously narrowing on Biden over the last 12 hours.

? Did you check the link? You can clearly see they've barely changed in the past month. Biden's price is literally the same to two places of decimals as a month ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,305 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

https://twitter.com/Politics_Polls/status/1323695517961015298

Biden appears on track to take Florida on these figures.

GOP Biden voters (up to 13%) + Independents (which skew to Biden by circa 60% in polls) would see him win the state.

Even with every Republican voting for Trump (unlikely) and the non-affiliated going just 55-45 in favour of Biden, sees Biden ahead here. And Miami Dade isn't providing live data which is a Democratic leaning urban county.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

So it's reasonable to fight this thing after the election. I pointed out that both sides will do just that when someone lamented Trump potentially doing it.

I guess it depends on the position.

I think it's perfectly reasonable for a candidate not to concede until all the votes are fully counted or at least until enough of them are counted for the result to be absolutely 100%.

I certainly wouldn't be conceding on the basis of "projections" or whatever. Also it should be noted that a candidate "conceding" has absolutely no standing in law whatsoever. Biden or Trump could announce they concede when the polls close later and if eventually the tally has them as the winner , then they are the winner , conceded or not.

So - If it's tight and is coming down to somewhere like PA - which is absolutely could I wouldn't expect either candidate to concede for quite a while yet.

According to estimates it could be Friday before they have everything counted in Pennsylvania.

You'll have 2 viewpoints - Trump will probably be looking for the count to be stopped on the basis of the "on the day" result whereas Biden (rightly) will want all legally submitted and valid votes to be counted fully.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

I heard an interview with Trump earlier, not sure what channel, prob Fox, but he sounded like our dear friend Brian Cowen the morning after the night before.

I am not convinced he is teetotal either, but that's just me. Indeed maybe his voice is knackered after all the shouting at the Red Rallies or something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Can see Trump winning this easily. If I was still a gambling man I'd lump on him.
    Honestly who ever wins it. America loses.
    Both are awful choices for presidents. Ones a moron (a wealthy one but still a moron) the others too old and boring and looks like he's way past his years to make any meaningful changes in America.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

? Did you check the link? You can clearly see they've barely changed in the past month. Biden's price is literally the same to two places of decimals as a month ago.

I said the past 12 hours. I've been checking them regularly last night and throughout the day. Biden's have been decreasing. Trumps odds have been increasing.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,585 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

I said the past 12 hours. I've been checking them regularly last night and throughout the day. Biden's have been decreasing. Trumps odds have been increasing.

Biden gone from 4/7 to 4/9 on sky bet

• Registered Users Posts: 16,736 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Trump electoral college votes 270-299 and 300-330 were both 6/1 now down to 10/3 and 9/2

The electoral college voting is like guessing the score, so hard to make a judgement, Biden's lowest odds are to get 330-359.

On the EC win, Trump has drifted out to 2:1 in the last few hours.

Biden gone from 4/7 to 4/9 on sky bet

2/5 on Paddypower!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,305 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    Can see Trump winning this easily. If I was still a gambling man I'd lump on him.
    Both are awful choices for presidents. Ones a moron (a wealthy one but still a moron) the others too old and boring and looks like he's way past his years to make any meaningful changes in America.

There are almost no scenarios where Trump wins easily. If he does win, like 2016, it'll come down to a few thousand votes in a handful of States.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭sheeplover55

I bet on Trump in 2016, wasn't tempted to bet a single cent on him at any time for this election.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,999 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

I heard an interview with Trump earlier, not sure what channel, prob Fox, but he sounded like our dear friend Brian Cowen the morning after the night before.

I am not convinced he is teetotal either, but that's just me. Indeed maybe his voice is knackered after all the shouting at the Red Rallies or something.

He's done 5+ rallies each day for the last 3. If you watch them you'll see they are high energy, with him speaking in the cold for 30-60 minutes plus.

I'm a relatively young man, less than half of Trumps age, but that would take its toll on me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭vojiwox

Democrats are going to get a rude awakening from the rather large silent majority who will vote for Trump. I tuned in to a live online Trump rally last night from Kenosha out of curiosity. At one stage 203,000 or so people were tuning in to watch it. I then turned over to a live Biden rally where only 13000 were watching. This has been a common trend over the past couple of nights. Trump is going to win this IMO as very little are inspired by Biden.

I was probably one of them. Crack open a beer and have a laugh after a tough day. He'd never get my vote though.

I guess we'll know more tomorrow how many of us were just having a nosey at the lunacy of it all!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

https://twitter.com/katiecouric/status/1323690629868724225

The big factor here I think will be Biden republicans and independent voters.

How many will swing to Biden. It's seniors to watch in that regard.

I reckon there's a large amount voting for the less hateful person, and if that means not voting for their traditional republican, so be it. Can't remember who it was but there's been more than 1 GOP member posting pics of them basically not voting Trump with comment that they're doing so because of the damage they believe he's done to the party.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭vojiwox

Boggles wrote: »
    Silent majority me bollíx, never has there been a more vocal bunch of people in the history of any presidency.

Where do people come up with this nonsense?

Even when they try to be silent with "I'm not fan of Trump but...", it takes about three posts to confirm they are a bigly fans!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,764 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

The "silent majority" are the most whiney I find. Always with the victim complex.

Saying it for weeks now, there is no enthusiasm for Biden and the democratic party have made a massive mistake putting someone so limp and weak forward against an entertainer like the president. We are hours away from seeing just how massive a mistake that has been.

There's a deep hatred of Trump which will have voters out. A hatred deeper than a love for Biden.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Business owners in Washington boarding up their windows today in case of rioting.

Many spray painting BLM on the chipboard. Hoping that their livelihoods will still be there in the morning

They are acutely aware of who the likely rioters will be if the result doesn't go their way.

Hurrache wrote: »
    There's a deep hatred of Trump which will have voters out. A hatred deeper than a love for Biden.

Imagine if an Obama or untarnished Bill Clinton was running.

• Advertisement

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »

Biden will actually listen to and have good advisors and policymakers around him. That'll be good enough to run a county well.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,483 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Democrats are going to get a rude awakening from the rather large silent majority who will vote for Trump. I tuned in to a live online Trump rally last night from Kenosha out of curiosity. At one stage 203,000 or so people were tuning in to watch it. I then turned over to a live Biden rally where only 13000 were watching. This has been a common trend over the past couple of nights. Trump is going to win this IMO as very little are inspired by Biden.

It’s difficult to gage who is watching.

One Biden rally stream last nigh had 350,000 viewers. Another from a different channel only had a few thousand. Depending on where you’re looking you may not get the whole picture

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

Right, and I said in the past month to now. Those are Biden's live odds.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,051 ✭✭✭endainoz

ELM327 wrote: »
    He's done 5+ rallies each day for the last 3. If you watch them you'll see they are high energy, with him speaking in the cold for 30-60 minutes plus.

I'm a relatively young man, less than half of Trumps age, but that would take its toll on me

Probably the aul long covid catching up on him.

Not by much, I assume they will soon but not yet.

Small but incremental margins. I should have screenshot the odds as I followed them. Basically Trump went from a low of 5/4 at one stage late last night to a high of 11/5 currently.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,764 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Overheal wrote: »
    It’s difficult to gage who is watching.

One Biden rally stream last nigh had 350,000 viewers. Another from a different channel only had a few thousand. Depending on where you’re looking you may not get the whole picture
    Are Trumps streams geo locked? Otherwise any metric from streams is pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,483 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

pjohnson wrote: »
    Are Trumps streams geo locked?

They are in my hole

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

Many Trump supporters will live beside other Trump supporters.

That whole concept of some massive "shy" vote makes zero sense.

Seen in the context of "cancel culture" and a media that overwhelminly tell them "orange man bad", it is unsurprising many voters decline to participate in polls on the election because they believe that their name will be put in a database and this will negatively affect them in the future. There is another aspect to the polling that voters are lying by telling the pollsters what they think they want to hear (i.e. what the media tells them) or else as Scott Adams puts it thy are pulling off the greatest Dad joke ever by deliberately feeding the pollsters bad information.

They can freely express themselves at a Trump rally but in many workplaces they have to be cautious as they can be fired or disciplined for simply wearing a MAGA hat. The media has told them tp remain silent and they mostly are in response to this political correctness.

https://twitter.com/RBReich/status/1317614803704115200

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Jaysis they are getting quite overt about it 'Truth and Reconciliation Commission'... yea we hear ye loud and clear

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

ELM327 wrote: »

Get on plane, sit down, get off plane, spout the same oul sh!te you've been spouting for the last 4 years, get back on plane, rinse and repeat

Sounds a real slog alright

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement