Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Ultimate battle for the fate of our universe (pt 3)Read OP 01/11

Options

Comments

I have chucked €140 on Biden at 2/5. I should have jumped on it earlier at 4/7. I have calculated this amount as losing €140 will be worth the joy of seeing the media meltdown if Trump wins. And if Trump loses, I will be happy with my €56. €150 would have been too much. Its a fine line.
    This is a tad infantile if that's what you're looking forward to while ignoring the damage he's done in the last 4 years.
    Am I the only person who doesn't have a clue what any of it means? I just googled "how to understand betting odds" and gave up after page 1

Just look up ratios, that'll cover you. But bookies this time round are more nervous of risking a significant profit hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

This is it wrote: »
    That's a strange thing to lie about

Paddypower and Betfair are both offering Biden 2/5 and Trump 2/1.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,554 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

In about 20 hours time Joe Biden can say what he wants to about Trump, I hope he lets loose.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭RugbyLad11

JJayoo wrote: »
    Oh god noooooo, another 4 years of virtue signalling radio presenters reminding everyone every single day how they don't like trump

I don't know what CNN will talk about if Trump loses

• Registered Users Posts: 5,051 ✭✭✭endainoz

RugbyLad11 wrote: »
    Didn't paddy power get it wrong in 2016?:confused:

Indeed they did, they even paid out on Hillary in October. No sign of that this time though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

Funny reading Irish people using words like "libs" and "dems" and phrases like "4 more years"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Seems like only one bunch of people triggered today. What's with your obsessions as to how other people will react, yis seem mighty worried youse won't get your little thrills.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,736 ✭✭✭ASOT

Re-read the original post.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,051 ✭✭✭endainoz

Hurrache wrote: »
    Seems like only one bunch of people triggered today. What's with your obsessions as to how other people will react, yis seem mighty worried youse won't get your little thrills.

God it hurt to read that

• Registered Users Posts: 5,537 ✭✭✭This is it

Yep

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,105 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

RugbyLad11 wrote: »
    I don't know what CNN will talk about if Trump loses
    The criminal cases that will come against him? Who knows!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭NSAman

kowloon wrote: »
    I've just seen a video of DC with all the lower floors of the buildings boarded up. I think they're expecting some level of trouble regardless of the result.

This has been happening in ALL major cities throughout the USA.

If business is scared, how do you think us living here feel?

Who ever wins today, it won't stop the fringe from causing problems.

This will not be over quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 8,249 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

I don't know why people are so keen to call this so soon. There's still mail in ballots to count.

As much as I hate to say it, there's a strong chance that Trump will win this. His base is big and they tend to vote in big numbers. We also tend to forget the US doesn't care about the popular vote, rather the electoral college system.

It truly won't surprise me if he wins this, their propaganda has been exactly what Trumps base want to hear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭AlphaDelta1

Lot of panic now in democratic ranks about poor turnout numbers in Florida. No enthusiasm for Biden will cost him massively

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

NSAman wrote: »
    This has been happening in ALL major cities throughout the USA.

If business is scared, how do you think us living here feel?

Who ever wins today, it won't stop the fringe from causing problems.

This will not be over quickly

If Biden loses, I expect him to concede graciously thus minimising the risk of trouble. If Trump loses, and he lashes out as is his wont, I expect serious trouble.

Sonics2k wrote: »
    I don't know why people are so keen to call this so soon. There's still mail in ballots to count.

As much as I hate to say it, there's a strong chance that Trump will win this. His base is big and they tend to vote in big numbers. We also tend to forget the US doesn't care about the popular vote, rather the electoral college system.

It truly won't surprise me if he wins this, their propaganda has been exactly what Trumps base want to hear.
    There is still a chance...but I can't see it.
    Huge turnouts, especially in young people by looks of it. Trump has been found out the rallies are not a good look with everything going on (bar appealing to his base), the covid response or lack of it has cost him any real chance imo.
    Biden also a lot more likeable than Hillary, she only lost a few states by very small margins.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,761 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

This is why they were messing around with the post office.

https://twitter.com/ManuZingar/status/1323728243602591744

Lot of panic now in democratic ranks about poor turnout numbers in Florida. No enthusiasm for Biden will cost him massively
    Biden doesn't need florida I think.
    Trump definitely does.
    Biden will sneak it imo, massive amount of mail in ballots will help.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Let's see them links so, even if Biden loses Florida he'll still win Pen. and Michigan and the election

• Registered Users Posts: 38,554 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

What time do polls close at? How many have voted mail?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

If Biden loses, I expect him to concede graciously thus minimising the risk of trouble. If Trump loses, and he lashes out as is his wont, I expect serious trouble.

I really dont get this at all... Who lost in 2016? And was there trouble in 2016? Indeed there was, and it wasn't the Trump supporters causing it (the winning side). Even Obama begged people to stop!

endainoz wrote: »
    God it hurt to read that

Big words or Hiberno English too much for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,999 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Here's hoping.

That was always biden's problem. He never energized anyone. His biggest vote getter was "I'm not Trump". Remains to be seen if that's enough. But I don't think it will be.

This is why they were messing around with the post office.

https://twitter.com/ManuZingar/status/1323728243602591744
    That is some serious shenanigans

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

gmisk wrote: »
    There is still a chance...but I can't see it.
    Huge turnouts, especially in young people by looks of it. Trump has been found out the rallies are not a good look with everything going on (bar appealing to his base), the covid response or lack of it has cost him any real chance imo.
    Biden also a lot more likeable than Hillary, she only lost a few states by very small margins.

It's interesting because I strongly believe the Dark Winter Ahead and Biden's overall negative demeanour combined with the visuals will have an effect. I think a big chunk of people will prefer Trump's message on lockdowns whether it's correct or not (business people, service sector workers etc). Just speculation but I like to consider the psychological / subliminal element too.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,999 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Hurrache wrote: »
    Big words or Hiberno English too much for you?
    Inaccurate use of English.
    The common spoken vernacular often grains just so in the written form.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

God bless America, it's going to need it.

It's going be a clusterfuk.

eagle eye wrote: »
    What time do polls close at? How many have voted mail?

Depends on what side of the county you're in, there's a variety of time zones but first to close will be in about 3 hours or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭sheeplover55

Lobbed 100 on Biden, returns 140 - not amazing of course but surely all the so called experts can't be wrong again.

• Advertisement

ELM327 wrote: »
    Inaccurate use of English.
    The common spoken vernacular often grains just so in the written form.

Like I said, Hiberno English.

And if all of a sudden you've issues with grammar, yer some header. Glass houses...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement