Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Ultimate battle for the fate of our universe (pt 3)Read OP 01/11

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

nthclare wrote: »
    I'm not a Trump or Biden fan, but it's plain to see Trump will win this election.
    People want to hold onto their jobs and make a living and get parity pay.

The Blues will destroy the economy, for the regular workers.
    Hopefully the likes of Penn fishing tackle, Apple computers and more will come back to America.
    Get the steel works going and I'd definitely buy a product that says Made in USA.
    Like the GERMANS, Americans believe in quality and good workmanship.
    Nothing worse than the products made in Asia, they use cheap alloys and mix plastic with ground down cheap graphite...
    Pure rubbish

“They’re both bad, but Biden/the Dems...”

• Registered Users Posts: 18,305 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

I'm not a Trump or Biden fan, but it's plain to see Trump will win this election.

Hopefully the likes of Penn fishing tackle, Apple computers and more will come back to America.
    Get the steel works going and I'd definitely buy a product that says Made in USA.
    Nothing worse than the products made in Asia, they use cheap alloys and mix plastic with ground down cheap graphite...
    Pure rubbish

Back in the real world the last 2 blue presidents (Clinton and Obama) oversaw massive jobs and economic growth after inheriting poor economic situations from Republican presidents. The last 2 red presidents (Trump and W Bush) oversaw economic decline and unemployment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

Pure rubbish

Apple and electronics coming back to the states.. :pac: :pac:

This thread is on fire tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,591 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Don't get me started on liberal lunacy... I could ramble on for weeks about their ridiculous BS. :p

But instead, I'll just let John Wayne do it for me....

Ah, the duke. Now there's a real man, who knew the score. Almost half a century ago, but he could see what sort of crap was coming down the line for society.

First name......Marion :pac:

Pure rubbish

Out of the last seven presidents, Trump has been the worst on jobs.

Rock. Bottom.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Trump is the worst president in US history by pretty much every single measure. Jobs, dealing with a national crisis, race relations, law and order, foreign affairs - could go on, but couldn't be bothered. Unsure as to how any sane individual can think that Trump is the man to deliver anything but the further decline of the US as a functioning nation.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

Out of the last seven presidents, Trump has been the worst on jobs.

Rock. Bottom.

Ah that's Hillary's fault though isn't it?
    Or is that sleep Joe's fault? I get my enemies mixed up.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

km991148 wrote: »
    Ah that's Hillary's fault though isn't it?
    Or is that sleep Joe's fault? I get my enemies mixed up.

JFK

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

Anyone thinking the Donnie give a deck about the US business could do with listening to the first 3 mins of this vid.

https://youtu.be/nS1yE6Yyk0I

The "chinese billions" in tariffs that have been used to bailout farmers, it just so happens like everything else Donnie has done in his time as potus, it benefitted the more wealthy..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭nthclare

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Back in the real world the last 2 blue presidents (Clinton and Obama) oversaw massive jobs and economic growth after inheriting poor economic situations from Republican presidents. The last 2 red presidents (Trump and W Bush) oversaw economic decline and unemployment.

Every leader can be responsible for the lack of economic growth, we can get all kinds of information online and different perspectives from different sources.

I made a suggestion, I didn't state any facts.
    But when Trump wins the election again it won't effect my life here down a boreen in the Burren.

I'm Apolitical myself, and a bit of a hippie who couldn't give a toss about politics and leaders of different nations, only to wish everyone well and we're all responsible for our own choices in life.

If I loose my job tomorrow, I won't blame fianna fail, or fine gael.
    I'll just take it on the chin and move on and find more work.

We're all grown adults and good and bad things happen and we have to grow up and be responsible.
    Life is about making the best out of what we got.

Nobody deserves a better life unless they take care of what's in front of them... Come by yahhhh

I'm out of here, good luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,700 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Every leader can be responsible for the lack of economic growth, we can get all kinds of information online and different perspectives from different sources.

I made a suggestion, I didn't state any facts.
    But when Trump wins the election again it won't effect my life here down a boreen in the Burren.

I'm Apolitical myself, and a bit of a hippie who couldn't give a toss about politics and leaders of different nations, only to wish everyone well and we're all responsible for our own choices in life.

If I loose my job tomorrow, I won't blame fianna fail, or fine gael.
    I'll just take it on the chin and move on and find more work.

We're all grown adults and good and bad things happen and we have to grow up and be responsible.
    Life is about making the best out of what we got.

Nobody deserves a better life unless they take care of what's in front of them... Come by yahhhh

I'm out of here, good luck

You seem to take part in a lot of political discussions for someone who is apolitical.
    Fair play though for acknowledging you didn't state any facts.
    Here's hoping in about 3 weeks time you won't feel pressured to be posting 'I told you he was going to win' and can ignore politics as you wish to.

Faugheen wrote: »
    JFK

More like JFC at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

salmocab wrote: »
    Kid Chameleon has to his credit admitted several times to mistakes and I pointed out the other day that he would be back and wouldn’t re reg like many others.

In fairness to KC if he is shown to be wrong about something he holds his hands up and says so. Others on here just close down their account and re-reg to spread more sh1t about the place. I might not agree with some of the dubious sources he provides but respect him for admitting if he gets something wrong.
    km991148 wrote: »
    Can you imagine if we had that over here..

Everyone outside waiting on some random politician like Harris or something, chanting away :pac: :pac:

American politics is just mad, especially the way people support politicians fervently. Even the notion of putting up a sign in your front garden advertising 'your' candidate to all your neighbours is a bit crazy, its completely alien to us on this side of the pond.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,305 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Trump has been endorsed by the Taliban :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭1990sman

yup trumper has it in the bageen.

Muahahaha wrote: »
    American politics is just mad, especially the way people support politicians fervently. Even the notion of putting up a sign in your front garden advertising 'your' candidate to all your neighbours is a bit crazy, its completely alien to us on this side of the pond.

It wasn't so alien not so long ago.
    I can remember politics in the late 80's and early 90's where posters, badges and stickers were in active use and it wasn't uncommon to see the candidate posters we see today on light posts etc to be on private property.

It is very intense though in the US and you frequently see Trump/Biden flags posters directly opposite each other and you get the sense that they are waging some sort of a war.

Attached is a Picture I took of a Biden sign which was one of many that had been edited by Trump fans. The guy who had spotted them, removed them and was simply going to paint over the 'No' and put them out again.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,557 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Ah yes good old racist, homophobic John Wayne. Your idea of a "real man" is disturbing but not surprising.
    John Wayne is a legend. I don't know anything about his personal life but I won't stand for anybody criticising him.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,105 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I just saw footage of the rally from the balcony at the white house...madness.
    Tonne of people crammed in, very few masks seemingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭francois

eagle eye wrote: »
    John Wayne is a legend. I don't know anything about his personal life but I won't stand for anybody criticising him.

Nobody under 40 knows about this legend

What do you mean you won't stand for anybody criticising him?

What are you going to do about it?

• Advertisement

gmisk wrote: »
    I just saw footage of the rally from the balcony at the white house...madness.
    Tonne of people crammed in, very few masks seemingly.

Reflective in that at least some of them had their travel and accommodation paid by a Candace Owens group. I suppose the least they can do if they are putting your health at risk for a photo op.
    Some guests for Saturday's White House event on the South Lawn, which will be President Donald Trump's first since testing positive for the coronavirus, had their travel and lodging paid for by controversial conservative activist Candace Owens' group BLEXIT, according to emails obtained by ABC News.

What do you mean you won't stand for anybody criticising him?
    What are you going to do about it?

I'm not the sort to back away from a fight. I don't believe in shrinking from anything. It's not my speed; I'm a guy who meets adversities head on.

I'm not the sort to back away from a fight. I don't believe in shrinking from anything. It's not my speed; I'm a guy who meets adversities head on............via my keyboard.

Fixed that for you.

Fixed that for you.

A man's got to have a code, a creed to live by.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Oh, I have plenty of clues lad. Don't kid yourself about that. I'm watching everything, not just blindly following the polls.

Most Americans are not swallowing the media propaganda anymore. And they are not buying into these dodgy polls either.

Mark my words, this thing isn't even going to be close.

It will be a massacre, a sea of red across the map.

270 EC votes? Trump will get that easily... he'll get well over 300. If things go really well, he might even go past 400. Realistically, Biden doesn't stand a chance. The Dems fed him to trump... I actually feel a bit sorry for the man tbh. He seems like a decent guy, but he's toast against Trump. ;)

I wish you’d led with this level of absolute boloxology and I would never have engaged.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

It's obscene. How low is this circus going to get before he's gone?

When he is defeated, hopefully, there will be a collective sigh of relief all around the world!!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I'm not the sort to back away from a fight. I don't believe in shrinking from anything. It's not my speed; I'm a guy who meets adversities head on.

Someone's been at the sherry...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,452 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Someone's been at the sherry...

I'd wager whiskey

• Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

It wasn't so alien not so long ago.
    I can remember politics in the late 80's and early 90's where posters, badges and stickers were in active use and it wasn't uncommon to see the candidate posters we see today on light posts etc to be on private property.

It is very intense though in the US and you frequently see Trump/Biden flags posters directly opposite each other and you get the sense that they are waging some sort of a war.

Attached is a Picture I took of a Biden sign which was one of many that had been edited by Trump fans. The guy who had spotted them, removed them and was simply going to paint over the 'No' and put them out again.

Actually now that you mention it in an Irish context I remember at school in the 80s a kid in my class whose dad was running for Fianna Fail as a TD and he distributed Fianna Fail stickers to the entire class, many of which ended up on their schoolbags advertising a political party that children knew nothing about, it was just another sticker. Back then you would also see political party stickers on street lamp posts. Thankfully now that practice is viewed as littering and it has stopped because lamp posts could have all this sh1te plastered all over them.

In the American context I find the whole front garden sign with your candidates names on it utterly divisive. By sticking up one of these signs immediately you are alienating half of your neighbours so why would you do it? I would imagine that one person starts it in the estate and then it becomes tit for tat amongst neighbours with bigger signs and more of them. Its all very childish really.

The practice of erecting these signs in your front garden achieves absolutely nothing to persuade others and it is just sowing division amongst the people you have to live next to. Voters should leave their political preferences to the privacy of the voting booth and not on public display in their front garden. But thats American politics for you, winning is everything and sticking it to the other side is very much part of that. Its kind of sad really that grown adults cannot be more mature.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

"fate of our universe"

dramatic much ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement