Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Ultimate battle for the fate of our universe (pt 3)Read OP 01/11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭relax carry on

eagle eye wrote: »
    John Wayne is a legend. I don't know anything about his personal life but I won't stand for anybody criticising him.

So does being a legendary actor somehow make his personal beliefs regarding race and homosexuality immune from criticism? You do realise what you typed makes no sense whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Trump has been endorsed by the Taliban

Im not surprised really given that the Taliban kill American soldiers to collect the Russian bounties that Putin has put on their heads and Trump doesn't care about that one iota. So its only natural that the Taliban want Trump to be re-elected so they can keep that Russian money flowing into their coffers.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,700 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

brooke 2 wrote: »
    When he is defeated, hopefully, there will be a collective sigh of relief all around the world!!

Well, it will probably only mark the point at which hopefully dramatic damage will stop being inflicted but it is going to take at least 5 years to row back from this period.

Covid is still going to be around, the climate issue is intensifying, BLM movement will still be active and now the narrative will switch to 'If only Trump was President' or 'I thought you guys said Biden was going to fix everything'. (Note: Nobody has ever said that or even hinted at it)

If Biden wins, I hope he appoints strong science based and experienced people to key positions and communicates a collaborative message outward from the US. I've thought a lot over the last few months as to how dangerous Trump could have been if he had 10% of the political nous that some experienced politicians have. We have been lucky that he told us his exact thoughts and wasn't able to put a smile on his face while doing so.
    Imagine how dangerous someone with his self interest and regressive views was able to talk sweetly and actually have people believe his rhetoric.

Once again I must say I think that those who remain who will vote for him, are welded to the conservative viewpoint with a hatred for anything approaching liberal views way more than they are impressed by this guy.
    He has 2 angles to victory left. Motivate a v high turnout of Republicans (historically high turnouts favour Democrats mind) or inhibit democrats from voting. He is attempting this latter point, but even some judges he appointed are pushing back. In terms of the former, I expect an evocative event like a terror attack or similar would go a long way but obviously lets hope no such thing happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,700 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Muahahaha wrote: »
    The practice of erecting these signs in your front garden achieves absolutely nothing to persuade others and it is just sowing division amongst the people you have to live next to. Voters should leave their political preferences to the privacy of the voting booth and not on public display in their front garden. But thats American politics for you, winning is everything and sticking it to the other side is very much part of that. Its kind of sad really that grown up adults cannot be more mature.

I don't know. I agree that it can be divisive but I can also understand how some people might want to showcase their 'community' being of a particular persuasion and given how politics can influence society and the lives of people in it, is that a bad thing?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

John Wayne is a legend. I don't know anything about his personal life but I won't stand for anybody criticising him.

Then you know nothing as the guy was a complete a$$hole

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I don't know. I agree that it can be divisive but I can also understand how some people might want to showcase their 'community' being of a particular persuasion and given how politics can influence society and the lives of people in it, is that a bad thing?

I dont know either but would say that while freedom of political expression is important in a democracy displaying it in your front garden is taking things too far. You are never going to have a community that is 100% behind a single candidate so even if the split is a huge majority like 80/20 that still means that one in five of your neighbours feel alienated from the community they live in. I would imagine life long arguments between neighbours come out of this, its not healthy for general day to day living IMO.

I just think the front garden signs dont achieve anything at the end of the day except to sow division amongst neighbours. All these garden signs do is either preach to the already converted or else sow division with the other side.

In the US it kind of is what it is and it is not going to change now but overall I think the practice is more negative than positive.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

https://twitter.com/Josiensor/status/1315002123134930945?s=19

The head of the Coronavirus task force doing a great job again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

... the narrative will switch to 'If only Trump was President' ...

A lot of things could happen, but this would have to mean that another person (unrelated) called trump got elected.

I'm not the sort to back away from a fight. I don't believe in shrinking from anything. It's not my speed; I'm a guy who meets adversities head on.

Reminds me of anyone that I ever had to throw out of a pub or nightclub saying what they were going to do to me when they next saw me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Oh, I have plenty of clues lad. Don't kid yourself about that. I'm watching everything, not just blindly following the polls.

Most Americans are not swallowing the media propaganda anymore. And they are not buying into these dodgy polls either.

Mark my words, this thing isn't even going to be close.

It will be a massacre, a sea of red across the map.

270 EC votes? Trump will get that easily... he'll get well over 300. If things go really well, he might even go past 400. Realistically, Biden doesn't stand a chance. The Dems fed him to trump... I actually feel a bit sorry for the man tbh. He seems like a decent guy, but he's toast against Trump. ;)

This is really going to look rather foolish in about 4 weeks from now...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

Then you know nothing as the guy was a complete a$$hole

https://youtu.be/Ayy1-U_HAcU

https://twitter.com/Josiensor/status/1315002123134930945?s=19

The head of the Coronavirus task force doing a great job again.

At this point, knowing how dangerous this virus is, anyone willingly going to these gatherings and getting ill as a result, really only has themselves to blame.

Pence/Trump's biggest mistake is potentially incapacitating/killing off important sections of their base right before the election. It's a supremely dumb move on their part.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭landofthetree

One dead, two in custody after gunfire at downtown Denver rallies

A man participating in what was billed as a “Patriot Rally” of right-wing protesters sprayed mace at a left-wing demonstrator, and the left-wing demonstrator shot him with a handgun. Ambulances responded to the scene. Police said Saturday afternoon they were working on a homicide investigation.

https://www.denverpost.com/2020/10/10/denver-protests-saturday-civic-center-park/

• Registered Users Posts: 16,642 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Faugheen wrote: »
    “They’re both bad, but Biden/the Dems...”
    Yes, there has been a lot of that over the last few months.

"I'm not a fan of Trump by any means, but here's why he's great and will have a landslide victory."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Gretas Gonna Get Ya!

Brian? wrote: »
    I wish you’d led with this level of absolute boloxology and I would never have engaged.

Of course you would, it's your natural instinct to ridicule that which you cannot comprehend.

It's also a natural consequence for those who struggle to think for themselves. ;)

Watch it happen in complete disbelief... just like all the sheeple did back in 2016.

You remember all those funny videos of voters whaling after the results? - you and others on this thread, might be the stars of the 2020 highlight reel. :D

I won't rub it in though. I'm too classy for all that. :)

Of course you would, it's your natural instinct to ridicule that which you cannot comprehend.

It's also a natural consequence for those who struggle to think for themselves. ;)

Watch it happen in complete disbelief... just like all the sheeple did back in 2016.

You remember all those funny videos of voters whaling after the results? - you and others on this thread, might be the stars of the 2020 highlight reel. :D

I won't rub it in though. I'm too classy for all that. :)

You mean wailing, right?

Those who struggle to think for themselves...what does that mean exactly? Are you talking about people who don't support Trump?

You mean wailing, right?

Those who struggle to think for themselves...what does that mean exactly? Are you talking about people who don't support Trump?

If you really need to ask what it means, there is a very strong probability that you might be a member of this particular dubious club yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,557 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

DubInMeath wrote:
    Reminds me of anyone that I ever had to throw out of a pub or nightclub saying what they were going to do to me when they next saw me.
    Well firstly I did that job myself for a few years back in the 90's.

More importantly I was only having a bit of fun, if you Google the posts I made you'll find that they are John Wayne quotes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭nthclare

I find it hard to not post here, but as I said I'm not a supporter of Trump, but he's way up there with the working classes and the Conservative voters.
    They are within his spell and they love him, and that's it.
    It doesn't mean that they're right or wrong it just means his antics appeal to them.

He knows how to play the game, Americans love a good show and that's it.

Like the last time there's people insulting trump and accusing other members of boloxology etc but he's going to basically swipe the board.

Google CHAOS MAGIC and read about it, no point in going through the bullet points and coming back to me in minutes and being all Liberal and SJW about it.
    Spend some time researching Chaos Magic... He's a wizard at it.

If you really need to ask what it means, there is a very strong probability that you might be a member of this particular dubious club yourself.

I see, so what you're saying is that people who don't support Trump are not able to think for themselves, whereas Trump supporters are free thinkers.

Is that your stance?

• Advertisement

At this point, knowing how dangerous this virus is, anyone willingly going to these gatherings and getting ill as a result, really only has themselves to blame.

Pence/Trump's biggest mistake is potentially incapacitating/killing off important sections of their base right before the election. It's a supremely dumb move on their part.

The fact that trump contracted the virus, and now appears to have overcome it quite rapidly, will very likely get him more votes.

People want a strong leader, not some guy walking around with his black mask on at rallies looking like a bad imitation of darth vader:p, and giving the impression of someone who is terrified of this virus.

You may not believe it, but people will vote for trump because they know that we are all going to have to come out of hiding very soon and face this virus... if we don't then our economies will be in the toilet for decades... it won't be an economic recession, it'll be an economic depression pretty soon.

People don't want to live in fear of this virus for what could be YEARS... and Trump is giving those people the more positive message, that he's not going to hide away from it.

Biden is giving the weaker message - gaining praise in the media or on irrelevant liberal-leaning forums like this one - but losing thousands of voters in the process.

I see, so what you're saying is that people who don't support Trump are not able to think for themselves, whereas Trump supporters are free thinkers.

Is that your stance?

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

The fact that trump contracted the virus, and now appears to have overcome it quite rapidly, will very likely get him more votes.

People want a strong leader, not some guy walking around with his black mask on at rallies looking like a bad imitation of darth vader:p, and giving the impression of someone who is terrified of this virus.

You may not believe it, but people will vote for trump because they know that we are all going to have to come out of hiding very soon and face this virus... if we don't then our economies will be in the toilet for decades... it won't be an economic recession, it'll be an economic depression pretty soon.

People don't want to live in fear of this virus for what could be YEARS... and Trump is giving those people the more positive message, that he's not going to hide away from it.

Biden is giving the weaker message - gaining praise in the media or on irrelevant liberal-leaning forums like this one - but losing thousands of voters in the process.

You obviously have absolutely no idea about what being a "strong leader" involves. I don't think you have much idea about anything in the real world, quote honestly.

I dont like either candidate but were I a yank I would vote Biden, as he is the lesser of 2 evils.
    if it were on vice presidents, I would vote pence as Kamala is an odious person, more unlikable than Hilary ever was.

When I see Trump I see someone who is fantastic at whipping the people into a frenzy, and he is not a stupid man, if he was as stupid as some make out he would not be president. I an convinced he knows exactly what he is doing and placating the simple people who will vote republican regardless.

There is 2 huge groups in the states, those who will vote republican no matter what, they see democrats as leftie loving liberals who want to abort all babies and get rid of guns, do away with the death penalty , and lets murderers roam the street.

Then you have your hardcore democrats, who despise the NRA, think all white people who are republicans are in the KKK, think rednecks hate womens right to choice, and want to murder all convicts.etc

When you take those 2 groups of nutters out, that leave a small percentage that swing elections, the properly educated, those not hoodwinked my nonsense social media etc. These are the people the election is really dependent on.
    The protests and BLM nonsense has made some people on the fence who in the past might have voted Hilary last election, turn to Trump, especially working class americans disillusioned with all the nonsense.

Then there are those who voted Trump last election and realized the error of their ways, and would rather vote for the older, frail, bumbling Biden that give the orange egomaniac another run.

Personally I think Joe will win, will be tight, but would have been an easier win had he picked someone other than Kamala who was only chosen because being black and female ticked 2 pc boxes.

The sad reality is both parties put forward awful candidates, Trump only got in because Hilary was abysmal, and whilst Biden is far better than hilary, and better than Trump, he is hardly something that inspires confidence

• Registered Users Posts: 83,490 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

if it were on vice presidents, I would vote pence as Kamala is an odious person, more unlikable than Hilary ever was.

?!

No.

What a free thinking answer! Thanks!

I genuinely hope your are ok after the election results come in, as you seem so invested in Donald Trump's superhuman capabilities and so sure of his victory.

It will be an awful disappointment if your messiah hasn't managed to convince enough of his followers to drink the Kool-Aid come November.

I suspect you will blame others for that result too, though. Maybe it was the MSM, or the Libs, or BLM or some other boogeymen who brainwashed the masses. Trump could never fail, only for his persecutors. Isn't that right?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

Overheal wrote: »
    ?!

Kinda funny when the op has spoke that they'd be an Obama voter..

• Registered Users Posts: 83,490 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Kinda funny when the op has spoke that they'd be an Obama voter..

Right!

Ah sure Obama wants to end don't ask don't tell... Pence is into gay conversion therapy. Yeah I can see how both of these people are in the middle of my road.

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,762 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

• Advertisement

Overheal wrote: »
    ?!

if it were pence and kamala going for president i would pick pence over her, not that pence is any good but the lesser of 2 evils,

like Biden is the less of 2 evils between biden and trump.

I thought that was fairly obvious

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement