Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Ultimate battle for the fate of our universe (pt 3)Read OP 01/11

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

Where did I say you "liked" pence? I didn't.

Nice dodge on the question I asked...

It's hard staying in the middle when questions are asked of you, not getting bogged down on the attempt of you trying to stay in the middle of the road..

I dont agree with the NRA, believe in pro choice for women, dont believe in the death penalty, and a lot of the democrat leanings.
    That does not mean i should like or agree with every candidate.

An american can be a democrat, but dislike the candidate the party put forward, or like biden but dislike Kamala, as I said earlier they are not mutally exclusive.

Just as there are plenty of republicans who dont like Trump, not everything is a simple case of black or white.

buddabelly wrote: »
    The rumours are Biden if he wins he will do 6 months and then will give power to Harris, who will in turn pick Pete Buttigieg as VP, if you look at Reditt they are pushing Pete HARD the last few days, interesting times ahead.

if that were true, it could turn people towards trump if they disliked Harris as much as me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

What's even more bizarre? They were all paid to be there apparently :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,762 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

What's even more bizarre? They were all paid to be there apparently :D

Nice color scheme...

Ej_HqIeX0AEvuoZ?format=jpg&name=small

EkAfzb_XcAAwKcX?format=png&name=small

• Registered Users Posts: 17,078 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

it doesn't surprise me in the least, like it's well plausible that he would do something like that.

i know you quoted the NYT, but did you look to see who they quoted?

maybe i'm just scorned by football reporters quoting sources, and invariably are wrong. the attitude in the football forum is creating 'sources' to generate clicks.

i have the attitude now of; go on the record, or I could as easily be the 'source'.

yes, leaks happen and legit sources be protected. i dunno, maybe i'm just too cynical!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Gretas Gonna Get Ya!

I totally agree with that.

However you have to ask why, and in the end they dont have to make up stuff to attack Trump, Trump does and say enough stupid things of his own accord

I agree Trump gives them quite a bit of fuel himself at times.

However, the "why" goes a great deal deeper than that actually, if you are familiar with how the media works over there.

The media are incredibly powerful. So powerful in fact, that some political observers in washington claim that they effectively approve any prospective president. (Un-officially of course) And if you don't get their seal of approval - or if you happen to piss them off in any other way - then they will do exactly what they have done with Trump... they will declare war on you and bring you down!

The fact that they have tried everything possible, but still not managed to kill him off, is testament to how tough Trump actually is. And yes, he very often fights dirty against the media... but he really has no choice. These guys are masters at dirty tactics, so Trump has to give as good as he gets.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭nthclare

I don't doubt it but he's still gonna lose:cool:

LOL either way hopefully we'll get some snow this winter, I'm not really worried about the American election.
    I don't have facts to back my observation.
    But if I'm wrong I'll accept it.
    I'll have no excuses, just humbly say "I was wrong"

No big deal really to admit that I'm wrong.

As for some people even if Trump wins he'll be still bouncing around their consciousness for a long time...

I'm more amazed how he has such a hold on people who don't like him.
    They obviously love hating him, like someone else said Trump derangement syndrome.
    Trump loves it, it actually empowers him.

If he is a narcissist, then he's a winner no matter what.

Because he'll be the best president that lost an election....

I went out with a narcissist and if they knocked someone over, they'd say "well I did say I'm sorry" that's how they roll.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

I dont agree with the NRA, believe in pro choice for women, dont believe in the death penalty, and a lot of the democrat leanings.
    That does not mean i should like or agree with every candidate.

An american can be a democrat, but dislike the candidate the party put forward, or like biden but dislike Kamala, as I said earlier they are not mutally exclusive.

Just as there are plenty of republicans who dont like Trump, not everything is a simple case of black or white.

"I'm trying my hardest to stay in the middle leave me alone".

Funny that a lot of the things you are for are democratic candidates values, yet all you've done on this thread is talk against them.. and the former are all republicans, yet here you are favouring pence who is against those things.

Strange fcuking times.. I'm guessing it's all down to Donnie. Or trying your hardest to stay in the middle ground while she!te talking against the libs/left. Strange stuff.

Edit, I'll leave you to your pontificating to others I'm out.

The main thing to take from this election is the Fake News.
    Trump is going to win and win big, but the media yet again like in 2016 is saying he has no hope of winning, this is feeding into the delusion of many on the Left with mental health problems, the same folk who are rioting.
    The media with their fake news has to be brought to justice after the election and Trump wins Big, the fake news is driving the riots and looting in Democrat controlled cities, they must be held responsible.

I'm also wondering if fox news is saying Biden is leading, is that only encouraging more reds to go out and vote for trump.

Could it be them giving it the fake news...

"I'm trying my hardest to stay in the middle leave me alone".

Funny that a lot of the things you are for are democratic candidates values, yet all you've done on this thread is talk against them
    .. and the former are all republicans, yet here you are favouring pence who is against those things.

Strange fcuking times.. I'm guessing it's all down to Donnie. Or trying your hardest to stay in the middle ground while she!te talking against the libs/left. Strange stuff.

Edit, I'll leave you to your pontificating to others I'm out.

I am not sure why you chose to completely ignore what I wrote earlier that I have democratic leaning more than republican. I clearly stated that. Guess you just ignored it so you could complain

as for "talk against them", you can be a democrat, and not be happy with the candidates they put forward,or is this something you cannot comprehend ? I countless times have stated I want Biden to win, did you ignore that also ?

Just because you have democratic leanings dont mean the democrat supporter should automatically accept whoever is foisted upon them.

As I said I am sure there are republicans who dont like trump, just as there are democrats who might not like who their party put forward.

• Advertisement

I am not sure why you chose to completely ignore what I wrote earlier that I have democratic leaning more than republican. I clearly stated that. Guess you just ignored it so you could complain

as for "talk against them", you can be a democrat, and not be happy with the candidates they put forward,or is this something you cannot comprehend ? I countless times have stated I want Biden to win, did you ignore that also ?

Just because you have democratic leanings dont mean the democrat supporter should automatically accept whoever is foisted upon them.

As I said I am sure there are republicans who dont like trump, just as there are democrats who might not like who their party put forward.

I find it strange that you'd "vote" favour a man that goes completely against your left leaning.. pence is against what you favour..

Clearly you ain't getting my stance.

Got to fight fire with fire.

The Fake news is saying Biden will win by a land slide , when Trump wins, the fake news should be held responsible for spreading lies and causing trouble, feeding those that suffer with TDS with plenty of delusion.
    These same sufferers of TDS will be the people rioting in the US, the media should be held responsible.

I know its like something out of that comic book 2000 AD when they had stories about American gone nuts and they renamed the cities mega cities 1 2 3....

The illustrations of the nutters are very similar to the sjws, rag tags and crusty bitches I see rioting and pulling their hair out etc

Hopefully those sjws won't take off here.
    Although I've seen a few on Facebook absolute loons, always stuck in controversy....

Oh there's plenty of republicans who don't like trump.

In fact, there's plenty of trump voters in this election, who don't particularly like trump all that much.

And these are some of the voters that I tend to respect the most. The people who will vote for a guy like trump, because they consider him to be the best choice to lead the country... despite sharing quite a few of the same dislikes or reservations about him as a person, as the left do.

That's why I always find it funny, when anti-trump people just mindlessly lump every trump voter into the same group.

If I was American, I'd vote Trump in this election. Even if I thought Biden was a nicer human being overall... I'd still give Trump my vote, because he's a better leader, has a better vision for the country and is brave enough to tackle big issues head on that other politicians are too cowardly to even attempt.

But that's the problem with the left... too much of their focus is on image. Does he look presidential? He says something on twitter - that looks bad. He's rude to reporters, that looks bad... his face is orange, that looks bad. He bans travel from China to save American lives - oh but that looks bad, it looks racist.... building a wall with mexico looks racist. Almost everything is superficial and about image.

not sure how you are simply not grasping this.
    I would not vote for pence, because pence is with trump, they go together, you get this right ?

I think pence is not as horrible as kamala, but we are not voting for kamala or pence, individually.

Again you can like Biden, and not like Kamala, , disliking Kamala and thinking pence is not as bad, dont mean I like pence either.
    how you are not grasping this is surprising for someone who claims he was "out".

Do you think because someone is a democrat, they must like every candidate ?

I'm not left wing - but it's clear Trump supporters are a special kind that need some tlc.

I dont like either candidate but were I a yank I would vote Biden, as he is the lesser of 2 evils.
    if it were on vice presidents, I would vote pence as Kamala is an odious person, more unlikable than Hilary ever was.

When I see Trump I see someone who is fantastic at whipping the people into a frenzy, and he is not a stupid man, if he was as stupid as some make out he would not be president. I an convinced he knows exactly what he is doing and placating the simple people who will vote republican regardless.

There is 2 huge groups in the states, those who will vote republican no matter what, they see democrats as leftie loving liberals who want to abort all babies and get rid of guns, do away with the death penalty , and lets murderers roam the street.

Then you have your hardcore democrats, who despise the NRA, think all white people who are republicans are in the KKK, think rednecks hate womens right to choice, and want to murder all convicts.etc

When you take those 2 groups of nutters out, that leave a small percentage that swing elections, the properly educated, those not hoodwinked my nonsense social media etc. These are the people the election is really dependent on.
    The protests and BLM nonsense has made some people on the fence who in the past might have voted Hilary last election, turn to Trump, especially working class americans disillusioned with all the nonsense.

Then there are those who voted Trump last election and realized the error of their ways, and would rather vote for the older, frail, bumbling Biden that give the orange egomaniac another run.

Personally I think Joe will win, will be tight, but would have been an easier win had he picked someone other than Kamala who was only chosen because being black and female ticked 2 pc boxes.

The sad reality is both parties put forward awful candidates, Trump only got in because Hilary was abysmal, and whilst Biden is far better than hilary, and better than Trump, he is hardly something that inspires confidence

Justin... Read your post....

You WOULD VOTE PENCE... Your own words...

Stop playing the middle ground you idiot.

not sure how you are simply not grasping this.
    I would not vote for pence, because pence is with trump, they go together, you get this right ?

I think pence is not as horrible as kamala, but we are not voting for kamala or pence, individually.

Again you can like Biden, and not like Kamala, , disliking Kamala and thinking pence is not as bad, dont mean I like pence either.
    how you are not grasping this is surprising for someone who claims he was "out".

Do you think because someone is a democrat, they must like every candidate ?

if bernie was bides's running mate how would you vote?

there's principes vs dislike for the opposition. where would you draw the line?

A vote for Tump is just that.
    A vote for Biden is a vote for a Harris/Pete Buttigieg administration.

Yanks aint that dumb , they are going to turn out in big numbers for Trump.

Yeah, exactly.

Many voters will be terrified at the prospect of Harris possibly getting into the oval office if Biden was to fail to finish his term.

That VP debate will have created quite a lot of new Trump voters.

In fact, there's plenty of trump voters in this election, who don't particularly like trump all that much.

And these are some of the voters that I tend to respect the most. The people who will vote for a guy like trump, because they consider him to be the best choice to lead the country... despite sharing quite a few of the same dislikes or reservations about him as a person, as the left do.

That's why I always find it funny, when anti-trump people just mindlessly lump every trump voter into the same group.

If I was American, I'd vote Trump in this election. Even if I thought Biden was a nicer human being overall... I'd still give Trump my vote, because he's a better leader, has a better vision for the country and is brave enough to tackle big issues head on that other politicians are too cowardly to even attempt.

But that's the problem with the left... too much of their focus is on image. Does he look presidential? He says something on twitter - that looks bad. He's rude to reporters, that looks bad... his face is orange, that looks bad. He bans travel from China to save American lives - oh but that looks bad, it looks racist.... building a wall with mexico looks racist. Almost everything is superficial and about image.

Understand where you are coming from.

This notion you must follow your party regardless is something I always found odd.

I know this woman who once told me she always voted fine Gael, and I asked her would she vote for a different candidate if they were better than the FG candidate, and she told me no, as she would only vote FG.

I get some people have loyalty, and its their vote , but it comes across as stupid. I believe some people in american will vote for their party regardless, because they are so entrenched its not just a case of them liking their own candidate, but despising the other party.

Unlike most democrat fanatics I wont try belittle all Trump supporters, as not everyone of them is a gun toting kkk card carrying redneck, pro death anti abortion , NRA fanatic.

Just like not every democrat, is a pc loving, BLM protester, who despise guns etc.

I think once you go down the road of calling people who vote for the opposite party as stupid, you only antagonize them and make them more resolute in their stance, and it applies to both sides.

As I said earlier, the bulk of the yanks with vote for their own party regardless, its the percentage of floaters and undecided that is where the election will be won.
    I have no doubt there are a lot of working class people sick of the protests and blame the democrats for that.

but there could also be plenty of republicans who voted Trump last time, who have said enough is enough.

I think Biden will win, and would prefer he won, but if Trump won i would not lose any sleep over it.

Justin... Read your post....

You WOULD VOTE PENCE... Your own words...

Stop playing the middle ground you idiot.

again I think pence is less odious than Kamala, which part of this are you struggling with.

but trump comes with pence, or have you forgotten this ?

• Advertisement

again I think pence is less odious than Kamala, which part of this are you struggling with.

but trump comes with pence, or have you forgotten this ?

You going to withdraw the "you didn't say you'd vote pence" in your previous pontificating post?

I would vote biden kamal, despite my dislike of kamala, as Trump would have to go.

I would prefer biden had sanders over kamala obviously, even with the worrying age of both.

In the end as bad as kamala is I rather her as vice president that trump as president.

https://twitter.com/Josiensor/status/1315015264937926657

Nothing short of criminal negligence - a retirement village ffs.

Incompetent, dangerous and desperate.

I would vote biden kamal, despite my dislike of kamala, as Trump would have to go.

I would prefer biden had sanders over kamala obviously, even with the worrying age of both.

In the end as bad as kamala is I rather her as vice president that trump as president.

would you rather have her as president?

i've no skin in the game really, but i would rather trump, followed by pence, followed by (mabe ted cruz).

as for pelosi, well she's just gone crazy. good looking back in the day I would imagine though.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,701 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

i've no skin in the game really, but i would rather trump, followed by pence, followed by (mabe ted cruz).

as for pelosi, well she's just gone crazy. good looking back in the day I would imagine though.

If a female politician came out and said that they were judged more on how they looked than how they performed, there would be a thread on Boards generally telling them that that doesn't happen.

The mentality in your post is just so on point for an era when Trump managed to come to the fore.

I would like to hope this rumour of biden retiring after 6 months is a lie.
    The thought of that witch as president would be horrible and might actually help trump.

If Biden came out and said there was a possibility he would not finish the term, i suspect he would lose the election.

if that was the scenario I would probably give up voting.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,115 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Trump has been endorsed by the Taliban :pac:

Its really does suck that this is supposedly a bad thing for Trump to do and has been used to slam him.

Sadly though with Biden their will be little withdrawal, he is a hawk who has the support of some of the worst war mongers of the republican party e.g kristol, frum, lincoln project etc

Trump won't withdraw many, but on foreign affairs both of them are absolutely ****ing awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Its impossible for anyone to take your posts seriously when you post stuff like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,663 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

It is actually shocking how few ideas the Trump campaign actually has for reelection. They have been in campaign mode from Day 1 yet have never come up with anything even remotely new.

Even the tagine, Keep America Great. Its just lazy and screams of actually just wanting to reuse MAGA but knowing they had to look like they were trying.

Going back to HC and her emails? Trump had four years to deal with that and achieved nothing but now he wants 4 more to do something?

Its like a greatest hits tour. Nothing new, no plans, no ideas. Just bang out the same old stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

Then there are those who voted Trump last election and realized the error of their ways, and would rather vote for the older, frail, bumbling Biden that give the orange egomaniac another run.

I don't think Biden is a great candidate and am frankly still a little baffled how they went with him over Sanders (though that just shows how far to the right the Overton window is in that country), but are you honestly claiming that Biden's nomination is the only reason why Trump has any chance at the election this year?

I mean, do you honestly think if Sanders, or Yang, or Warren or Klobuchar, or a even a magically made composition of JFK, Eisenhower and Reagan had won the nomination, that the roughly 40% of the electorate who are on board with comparing Trump to a Christ-like figure and action hero and with claiming they "would rather be a Russian than a Democrat", who still cling to the notion that he has done well on the coronavirus, and who happily support him when he says one thing and then happily support him when he says the exact opposite... would somehow have decided against all of this and would have changed their vote?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement