Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Ultimate battle for the fate of our universe (pt 3)Read OP 01/11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

If a football coach tells his team to "flatten the opponent", does he mean he wants his players to literally flatten them... *rhetorical

In America, yes literally.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,146 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

his supporters don't understand rhetoric. neither does trump for that matter. he isn't smart enough

A muslim ban or a wall were claimed to be just rhetoric right until they weren't.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

Robert Barnes is a criminal tax attorney and criticises a presentation by Legal Eagle that alleges tax fraud on Trump. Tax laws are complicated and most people don't understand the rules.

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Robert Barnes is a criminal tax attorney and criticises a presentation by Legal Eagle that alleges tax fraud on Trump. Tax laws are complicated and most people don't understand the rules.

Agree Tax law is hugely complex and open to all sorts of "interpretation" but , plain and simple - Paying an employee (Ivanka) and calling it "Consulting fees" to avoid tax is illegal. That's an open and shut case right there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭relax carry on

Can I point out from a professional perspective (auditor) that "consultancy fees" between connected parties are an old tax evasion scam that a wet behind the ears auditor would find if they questioned the economic reality of the transaction. Considering all that is known about Trump, it would fit that he would use this even if it is blatantly obvious because he cannot change. It's most likely something he's always done despite any credible advisors probably telling him to try something less obvious.

This is speaking from an Irish Tax law perspective not a US tax law perspective but it would be incredibly stupid if there wasn't some section against this behaviour in US tax law. And yes tax law is complex and each case is judged on its merits but if it walks like a duck etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    Agree Tax law is hugely complex and open to all sorts of "interpretation" but , plain and simple - Paying an employee (Ivanka) and calling it "Consulting fees" to avoid tax is illegal. That's an open and shut case right there.

15:00minutes in: They would have paid tax on the consulting fees at the ordinary income rate.

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,761 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Just 3 months left of this deranged man as POTUS.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭threeball

She's far from a "muppet". She has already beaten a far worse sickness than Covid-19.

Anyone that goes out to bat for that simpleton is a muppet

• Registered Users Posts: 13,588 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

She's far from a "muppet". She has already beaten a far worse sickness than Covid-19.

No, she hasn't. If you think she has, go look up the statistics for the form of cancer she might've contracted, and deaths due to covid. She's a complete muppet, you've seen the videos where she rips the #IMPOTUS a new one before becoming a sycophant on Fox. All about the $$

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Igotadose wrote: »
    No, she hasn't. If you think she has, go look up the statistics for the form of cancer she might've contracted, and deaths due to covid. She's a complete muppet, you've seen the videos where she rips the #IMPOTUS a new one before becoming a sycophant on Fox. All about the $$

Firstly, I know Covid-19 is terrible, I am not trying to underplay it at all but in Kayleigh's case, it likely would be a bad flu at worse. More likely she will have mild symptoms if at all. She will not have to have her breasts removed to beat Covid-19 so yes, she has been through FAR FAR worse. To suggest otherwise is frankly bizarre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Just 3 months left of this deranged man as POTUS.

Maybe not that much.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,761 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Maybe not that much.

Wouldn't actually surprise me if he left in a huff before January.

Wouldn't actually surprise me if he left in a huff before January.

Or ran out of puff before November.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Great news, POTUS will be leaving Walter Reed witin the hour. I find these words refreshing at a time where there is so much negativity surrounding the disease:

"Dont be afraid of Covid, dont let it dominate your life"

I predict a few days with his loving wife & family and he will be back on the campeign trail kicking ass as usual!!

Donald Trump says he is feeling "really good" and will be leaving hospital tonight after being treated for coronavirus.

The US president tweeted: "I will be leaving the great Walter Reed Medical Center today at 6:30 PM." (11.30pm UK time).

"Feeling really good! Don't be afraid of Covid. Don't let it dominate your life," he added.

"We have developed, under the Trump Administration, some really great drugs & knowledge. I feel better than I did 20 years ago!"

Great news, POTUS will be leaving Walter Reed witin the hour. I find these words refreshing at a time where there is so much negativity surrounding the disease:

I predict a few days with his loving wife & family and he will be back on the campeign trail kicking ass as usual!!

Donald Trump says he is feeling "really good" and will be leaving hospital tonight after being treated for coronavirus.

The US president tweeted: "I will be leaving the great Walter Reed Medical Center today at 6:30 PM." (11.30pm UK time).

"Feeling really good! Don't be afraid of Covid. Don't let it dominate your life," he added.

"We have developed, under the Trump Administration, some really great drugs & knowledge. I feel better than I did 20 years ago!"

Do you want Trump to be re-elected?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

To be honest , that's deeply disrespectful to the 210k+ Americans that have died from it.

Did they all die because they were afraid and let in dominate their lives?

And - I don't believe him for a second , as others have said , he's simply moving Hospitals. It's optics nothing more.

There is simply no way that an overweight 74 year old man that required Oxygen multiple times 3 days ago and that is still taking a cocktail of experimental drugs is "Feeling great , better than he did 20 years ago"

I wish him good health and a speedy recovery , but he is lying through his teeth about his condition.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Be a bit embarrassing if they have to wheel him out back to Walter Reed. Do we know how many days it’s been since he started having symptoms? Less than a week? If he makes it to two weeks since showing symptoms and he’s still doing well then I’d say he’s out of the woods. Most people who are going to get a serious illness generally start to develop it around day 9 - 12. Boris was admitted to ICU 9 days after he started having symptoms.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

I just hope that the person who has to slap all that orange muck on his face doesn't get badly sick, because they won't get the level of care Trunp got.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

MadYaker wrote: »
    Be a bit embarrassing if they have to wheel him out back to Walter Reed. Do we know how many days it’s been since he started having symptoms? Less than a week? If he makes it to two weeks since showing symptoms and he’s still doing well then I’d say he’s out of the woods. Most people who are going to get a serious illness generally start to develop it around day 9 - 12. Boris was admitted to ICU 9 days after he started having symptoms.

Excellent point - I had it early (last week March/first April) and felt worse in the second week and am only young (well, 50!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭dePeatrick

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    To be honest , that's deeply disrespectful to the 210k+ Americans that have died from it.

Did they all die because they were afraid and let in dominate their lives?

And - I don't believe him for a second , as others have said , he's simply moving Hospitals. It's optics nothing more.

There is simply no way that an overweight 74 year old man that required Oxygen multiple times 3 days ago and that is still taking a cocktail of experimental drugs is "Feeling great , better than he did 20 years ago"

I wish him good health and a speedy recovery , but he is lying through his teeth about his condition.
    That's if he had it at all, I would not put it past him to fake the whole thing to see if he can pull back voters. Just heard on the World Service that 69% of people in the US do not believe him. I'm quite sure they knew quickly after the debate that his numbers were taking a hammering and there had to be a rabbit pulled out of a hat.

If he does not return to hospital in the next 5 days then I am convinced it is all a piece of political theatre from an ex reality tv star.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,312 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

That man is a clear and present danger to the lives of millions of people.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,663 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

I think it is pretty clear that he got it. He is clearly not well, looks like he lost some weight and he is clearly struggling to breathe and is in some discomfort.

This is all political show. He hasn't left hospital, just moved to another hospital (the WH has full medical facilities) and it is not usual for people to convalescence at home.

I'm beginning to think we're primarily gonna see edited videos of him for the next month.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭francois

He was definitely struggling on occasion with breathing during the video.

Video report here from CNN showing him re-recording him "entrance"

No Masks , photographers and camera crews on the balcony and inside the double-doors all there filming and re-filming the entrance.

All so he can pretend to his flock that he's fine and there's nothing to worry about.

It's like the last days of the Supreme Soviet.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,588 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Firstly, I know Covid-19 is terrible, I am not trying to underplay it at all but in Kayleigh's case, it likely would be a bad flu at worse. More likely she will have mild symptoms if at all. She will not have to have her breasts removed to beat Covid-19 so yes, she has been through FAR FAR worse. To suggest otherwise is frankly bizarre.

The mastectomy was, of course, prophylactic - she's genetically predisposed to early cancer, which is sad and too bad for her. However, she was never ill from it, so she hasn't 'beaten' any disease. She in fact was at a hockey game 4 days after the surgery: https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/kayleigh-mcenany-preventative-double-mastectomy-age-30

And as I pointed out, Breast Cancer is less fatal than Covid. How many die per year from it in the US? Around 50,000. Covid so far? 210,000

Covid can be fatal, in fact, someone that's had major surgery is more likely to succumb to Covid.

And, I think the likelihood of her infecting her staffers and family fairly high, don't you?

Plus, whatever diseases she might have doesn't keep her from being a muppet, which is where this arc of the discussion comes from. A year prior to working for Trump, she openly disparaged him on Fox news as well as other places. Soon as she saw the opportunity, she jumped and became a card-carrying Trumplodyte. If not muppet, I'll say 'consciousness-less opportunist' if that makes you feel better.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

I'm beginning to think we're primarily gonna see edited videos of him for the next month.

That'll be tricky with the debates, unfortunately for Trump they're the only thing that could possibly reverse the slide in the polls

• Registered Users Posts: 15,663 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

I think wahtever chance he had a getting abump in the polls due to COVID will have reduced significantly with how he has carried on the last few days. The triumphalism, the bravado, the recklessness. It plays perfectly to his base, but they are already locked in and accounted for. But I cannot see it going down well with anybody else.

Everyone can see the manipulation going on, the lack of empathy for those that are suffering, the lack of ability to understand the fear and worry that the US is going through right now.

Only 24 hours ago he was saying that having been infected gave him a better insight, a chance to really learn, all about it. Then he comes out saying that it basically is a nothing burger and all those that died simply didn't try hard enough, or were not as amazing as he was.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,585 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

duploelabs wrote: »
    That'll be tricky with the debates, unfortunately for Trump they're the only thing that could possibly reverse the slide in the polls

I cant see him doing debates, one coughing fit live on TV and he knows he's done.

• Advertisement

I cant see him doing debates, one coughing fit live on TV and he knows he's done.

Yep..

Carefully edited Video Campaigning from here on out I suspect

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement