Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Ultimate battle for the fate of our universe (pt 3)Read OP 01/11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,664 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Well they were fine when he was VP to obama... I understand where the fear comes from having seen how the left reacted to trumps 2016 win, were trump to lose I dont think youd see anywhere near that level of violence/destruction from the right

I think the big difference is that HC was not calling for people to actively target voters, to protect the country, to be an army.

I hope, I am sure that the vast majority of people would as well, that there is little violence (there are always some nutters regardless of the outcome) but the signs are not good. Many of the Trump supporters firmly believe that the only way he can lose is that if it is rigged, a line pushed very hard by Trump.

Now I am far from a violent person, but I can fully understand where a person believes that the very core of the country, democracy, has been stolen from them why they would feel perfectly entitled, nay even required, to fight back.

That is the dangerous game that Trump is currently playing. Of course, if it explodes he will deny ever having had the petrol can in the 1st place.

The recent kidnapping plot, coupled with Trumps reaction to it (blaming the governor for being bad at her job) does not give much confidence.

The right wing already is the cause of the majority of domestic terrorism, will that increase in a country they believe has been stolen from them by the 'deep state'?

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Roger the cabin boy

I wonder if Trump really wants to win anyway?

The next term is going to be an economic and social ****-show

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

RCP are really straining now to keep their RCP average below a 10% lead for Biden now. They still have a Monmouth poll from September showing Biden up 5%, inspite of including 13 newer polls. I guess they are waiting for Rasmussen to return to form or stick in a Trafalgar joke poll.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

I'm sure he does, purely to keep him and his mafia family out of prison for another few years.

To think in that way, one needs too think whether it is something that interests Trump. That it is the reason why he wanted to become POTUS in the 1st place.

I don't think that is it all. I think the driving force behind Trump wanting to be POTUS is to show that he could and the power that he would get from it. I don't actually believe that he cares what happens, the only reason he cares now is because if it was going well he would have got to continue as POTUS.

I think behind it all it is nothing more than money. Trump saw the initial run for candidate as way to propel his name, his brand, not the national consciousness. That had been the case with the Apprentice, and he wanted to keep that going. I think then is simply started to enjoy it. He enjoyed how he was able to bully and laugh and mock the GoP candidates. I think even he was amazed just how poor they really were. Jeb Bush, Ted Cruz. These were really poor candidates and he rightly mocked them. He then found that hatred towards HC was very easy to stir, but it was still all a game. He was never 'meant' to win.

I thin the fact that Melania took 6 months to move shows how little consideration they had given to him actually winning. They had no plan for what to do with his business interests. Suddenly he was faced with continued calls for his tax returns, which. of course would have gone away had he lost.

I think the final tell is his dealing with COVID 19. Throughout the entire crisis he has been solely focused on what he needs to do to get re-elected. His initial response - don't sppok the markets - to the next stage where he tried to bully the country into staying open, to then simply ignoring it. Now he is trying to use his survival as proof that everyone else was wrong and things can go back to normal.

With a second term, he will not even need to pretend to care about public opinion and can just forget about the economy, certainly the longer term view.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,698 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

^^^^
    Michael Cohens book suggests Trumps motivation are exactly as you have laid out here as to why he ran in the first place.

It also shows just exactly what he thinks of country folk conservatives and most disparagingly, devout religious people.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 85 ✭✭macpaccrack

Leroy42 wrote: »
    To think in that way, one needs too think whether it is something that interests Trump. That it is the reason why he wanted to become POTUS in the 1st place.

I don't think that is it all. I think the driving force behind Trump wanting to be POTUS is to show that he could and the power that he would get from it. I don't actually believe that he cares what happens, the only reason he cares now is because if it was going well he would have got to continue as POTUS.

I think behind it all it is nothing more than money. Trump saw the initial run for candidate as way to propel his name, his brand, not the national consciousness. That had been the case with the Apprentice, and he wanted to keep that going. I think then is simply started to enjoy it. He enjoyed how he was able to bully and laugh and mock the GoP candidates. I think even he was amazed just how poor they really were. Jeb Bush, Ted Cruz. These were really poor candidates and he rightly mocked them. He then found that hatred towards HC was very easy to stir, but it was still all a game. He was never 'meant' to win.

I thin the fact that Melania took 6 months to move shows how little consideration they had given to him actually winning. They had no plan for what to do with his business interests. Suddenly he was faced with continued calls for his tax returns, which. of course would have gone away had he lost.

I think the final tell is his dealing with COVID 19. Throughout the entire crisis he has been solely focused on what he needs to do to get re-elected. His initial response - don't sppok the markets - to the next stage where he tried to bully the country into staying open, to then simply ignoring it. Now he is trying to use his survival as proof that everyone else was wrong and things can go back to normal.

With a second term, he will not even need to pretend to care about public opinion and can just forget about the economy, certainly the longer term view.

On the Melanie thing there were strong rumours in NY that it was actually because she was having a long term affair with the head of security at Tiffany in the Trump building. Its also why she cried on election night as she knew she would have to finish with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,467 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Well they were fine when he was VP to obama... I understand where the fear comes from having seen how the left reacted to trumps 2016 win, were trump to lose I dont think youd see anywhere near that level of violence/destruction from the right

remind me again which side plotted to kidnap a state governor?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Didnt Melania re-negotiate her pre-nup agreement with Trump post election. Obviously that was her saying I didnt sign up for this stuff and you need to pay me if you want me holding your hand in public for the next four years. Ive always thought thats what was behind her 6 month delay in moving to Washington, she was playing hardball while her lawyers were negotiating more money for Melania.

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Didnt Melania re-negotiate her pre-nup agreement with Trump post election. Obviously that was her saying I didnt sign up for this stuff and you need to pay me if you want me holding your hand in public for the next four years. Ive always thought thats what was behind her 6 month delay in moving to Washington, she was playing hardball while her lawyers were negotiating more money for Melania.

Regardless of why she did it, it shows that they never thought they would really win. It was never about Trump becoming POTUS. It was brand awareness, getting free publicity, getting into the political sphere.

But he has grown to like the adulation, the power, the unquestioned loyalty. Imagine a person like Trump, king of his own castle, now having an actual Army that will do his bidding (not in terms of fighting, but simply having people unquestionably carry out your orders).

It is one thing to have people that work for you to do as you wish, I imagine it altogether different that people will do as you order simply out of loyalty to the country, which you now embody.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

He isn't in it for the money directly. Money to him is a status symbol, a handy way if counting worth. Everything about him is 'the numbers' to show one way or another his power.

It's all pure narcissism. Plain and simple. To think he wanted to be in politics for any other reason or he is even capable of thinking about others is delusional.

I'm surprised this is even a topic for discussion, it's like discussion if oxygen is a thing or does the sun rise in the the east every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Didnt Melania re-negotiate her pre-nup agreement with Trump post election.

FLOTUS remained in NY for the first few months of the first term to avoid upsetting Barron's school year.
    Leroy42 wrote: »
    Regardless of why she did it, it shows that they never thought they would really win. It was never about Trump becoming POTUS. It was brand awareness, getting free publicity, getting into the political sphere.

That makes no sense, his campaign cost circa half a billion.

FLOTUS remained in NY for the first few months of the first term to avoid upsetting Barron's school year.

That makes no sense, his campaign cost circa half a billion.

it didnt cost him half a billion

• Registered Users Posts: 13,592 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

biko wrote: »
    Biden/Harris went to Arizona, a fairly important state

No supporters showed up

Completely false. This was a private meeting where the candidates actively DISCOURAGED people from attending. Didn't even share the schedule. Didn't want people outside due to concern for virus spread.

Of course, the selectively edited video leaves that bit out. Sad. Do better next time
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0UNRfZayRk

• Registered Users Posts: 38,560 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

On the Melanie thing there were strong rumours in NY that it was actually because she was having a long term affair with the head of security at Tiffany in the Trump building. Its also why she cried on election night as she knew she would have to finish with him.

Muahahaha wrote:

Leroy42 wrote:
    This is like reading the News of the world or the New York post.
    I don't know if this is true but sounds more reasonable

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Rubbish. Not for one second do I believe that Biden held a public rally where no supporters showed up. It's a sh1tty piece of reportage. The truth being so obviously contorted that the reporter should be ashamed.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,501 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Rubbish. Not for one second do I believe that Biden held a public rally where no supporters showed up. It's a sh1tty piece of reportage. The truth being so obviously contorted that the reporter should be ashamed.

The newspaper is already in the tank for Trump:

https://thejewishvoice.com/2020/09/4-more-years-for-the-first-jewish-president/

They endorsed him last month.

you are reduced to posting edited videos? I'm embarrassed for you.

no, the reportage is fine. it only looks ****ty when you cut out chunks of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Overheal wrote: »
    The newspaper is already in the tank for Trump:

https://thejewishvoice.com/2020/09/4-more-years-for-the-first-jewish-president/

They endorsed him last month.

What a balanced and fair article.

eagle eye wrote: »
    This is like reading the News of the world or the New York post.

I don't know if this is true but sounds more reasonable

Right, so you haven't a scooby do but the second one sounds better so must be right?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭Cody montana

NEW NYT/Siena poll:

Wisconsin:
    Biden-51%
    Trump-41%

Michigan:
    Biden-48%
    Trump-40%

• Registered Users Posts: 16,644 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

These edited clips really do highlight the quality of biased websites/social media accounts which those users sharing them frequent.

Sad sad stuff. Just regurgitating edited crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Gretas Gonna Get Ya!

Wouldn't be surprised tbh.

Trump has a very comfortable lead in AZ presently, and is looking like he could completely run away with it... but you wouldn't know this if you were looking at most of dodgy polls out there right now. :rolleyes:

AZ is in the bag, easy Trump win! :D

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

osarusan wrote: »
    These edited clips really do highlight the quality of biased websites/social media accounts which those users sharing them frequent.

Sad sad stuff. Just regurgitating edited crap.

It's because it's all there is.

The Trump campaign don't have any policies to tout and to be fair to Biden and Harris they have run a very disciplined campaign so far and haven't really given the opposition a whole lot to work with.

All Trump has it would seem are scare tactics around how terrible life would be under Biden.

The problem is that , like either thing that he has done in his life , he has allowed Hyperbole to overtake reality.

So his claims of "The Destruction of the Suburbs" and "They are going to make Religion illegal" etc. are just dismissed as the utter rubbish that they are.

In fact, had he aimed a little smaller with his claims he might have gained more traction , but subtlety is not a talent (among many) that Trump has acquired in his life to date.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Trump has a very comfortable lead in AZ presently, and is looking like he could completely run away with it... but you wouldn't know this if you were looking at most of dodgy polls out there right now. :rolleyes:

Oh really?

Should be fairly handy for you to post up any recent poll that has Trump enjoying a very comfortable lead in Arizona, so. I'd be very interested to see that.

Talking of Arizona, Martha McSally's seat looks like it's gone, girl, gone. She wouldn't even commit to saying she supported Trump in her debate a few days back! Like rats deserting a sinking ship....

• Registered Users Posts: 38,560 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Leroy42 wrote:
    Right, so you haven't a scooby do but the second one sounds better so must be right?
    Well the other stuff has no links, it sounds like pure guesswork on the verge of conspiracy theory nonsense.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

eagle eye wrote: »
    Well the other stuff has no links, it sounds like pure guesswork on the verge of conspiracy theory nonsense.

I think that both have the ring of truth.

Yes - Melania did stay in NY so that Barron could finish the school year etc.

But equally - If they genuinely thought that they were going to win , why hadn't they made (even provisional) plans for him to move in November?

There was an overall lack of planning and preparation for a Trump win , both personally and Publicly , because they didn't expect to win and perhaps didn't really want to.

If results in a few weeks are in line with current polling , the entire Trump family will live to regret the day Donald came down that Escalator.

If he loses the Election , the Trump "Empire" will come crashing around them all over the next 12 to 18 months.

• Advertisement

you really need to pay more attention. you are so desperate for something positive you have ignored all of the posts saying the story is fake. the video has been heavily edited.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement