Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Ultimate battle for the fate of our universe (pt 3)Read OP 01/11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

That's interesting, double masking is a new concept to me and seemed to start with health care worker wanted to make their N95 mask longer.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Donalds bookmakers odds are also shorter in 2020 than they were in 2016

You don’t understand polls or odds. Maybe you should read a book on probability and statistics.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

biko wrote: »
    That's interesting, double masking is a new concept to me and seemed to start with health care worker wanted to make their N95 mask longer.

I find it strange that your initial conclusion was that he’d forgot he already had one on, when it’s far more logical that it offers more protection.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 38,568 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

You'd be stupid putting any money on either of them. Both in their 70's, one claims he he has/had covid.
    I'd bet on the next POTUS being democrat if I was going to have a bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,452 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

eagle eye wrote: »
    You'd be stupid putting any money on either of them. Both in their 70's, one claims he he has/had covid.

Fine/elderly candidates on both sides

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭randd1

Is there any serious betting on either of them making through the next four years alive?

Obviously that's fairly morbid, but given they're both in their 70's (only 3 and 1/2 years between them) though with Biden turning 78 next month, and in Trump's case the obvious health situation, it's certainly not a remote possibility and actually quite plausible that either could die in office.

And I wonder would it affect voting in any way? Would Americans think about voting for the guy they think will live the four years until 2024?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,568 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

randd1 wrote:
    And I wonder would it affect voting in any way? Would Americans think about voting for the guy they think will live the four years until 2024?

No, a large majority want Trump out.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

randd1 wrote: »
    Is there any serious betting on either of them making through the next four years alive?

Obviously that's fairly morbid, but given their both in their 70's (only 3/12 years between them) though with Biden turning 78 next month, and in Trump's case the obvious health situation, it's certainly not a remote possibility and actually quite plausible that either could die in office.

The Republicans certainly hope so. They have been leaning in hard on the angle that Biden isn't going to last and that the election is really Trump vs. Harris.

Not based on any factual basis , it's just the Trump vs. Biden isn't going so well for them so they hope that they might fare better in a Trump vs. Harris showdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,117 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

They are both way to old to be president, but despite Trump been slightly younger, he is in much worse shape while Biden somewhat looks after himself tbf.

I'd be doubtful of either lasting the four years, but neither are going to drop in the next 3 weeks especially Biden who isn't doing as much public stuff as Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

Rjd2 wrote: »
    They are both way to old to be president, but despite Trump been slightly younger, he is in much worse shape while Biden somewhat looks after himself tbf.

I'd be doubtful of either lasting the four years, but neither are going to drop in the next 3 weeks especially Biden who isn't doing as much public stuff as Trump.

Nonsense . Donald brushed off Covid quicker than he would the common cold. Never looked better than he does now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,592 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Nonsense . Donald brushed off Covid quicker than he would the common cold. Never looked better than he does now.

You're presuming he actually had it, and if he did have it You're presuming he isn't full of drugs to make himself look good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭randd1

Given how he looks now, that's not saying much. He looks like a Tranny like granny from Clonmel that's put on too much fake tan and not enough make up, all that's missing is tight fitting top and short skirt.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭nolivesmatter

You're presuming he actually had it, and if he did have it You're presuming he isn't full of drugs to make himself look good.

You're saying he didn't have it? Literally just the other day you said this.
    Weeks out from the election

The whole Biden is senile/won't turn up to the debate line died a death when Biden not only turned up but put Trump firmly back in his box.

Then their hero caught Covid-19, got shown up as a liar and a dangerous man who is willing to infect everyone around him due to his stupidity.

This is the last dying breath of the pro trump zealots, idiotic memes and childish insults, everything they have thrown at Biden has just bounced straight off him and smacked them in the face.

Rill on November 4th, it's gonna be funny seeing how many accounts will be suddenly closed.

So when it suits you to discredit him he had it, but when overcoming it somehow might be in some way favorable to him then he didn't have it?

Suggesting he didn't have it is just ridiculous, but at least be consistent one way or the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,762 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

The latest rally from hicksville yesterday a sight to behold. All crammed in, no masks (except for those masks that were handed out to those behind the stage in camera shot).

Trump is dangerously irresponsible and reckless but he knows the ignorance of his audience. Affirmative action is not the reason they failed in life.

Nov 3rd can't come soon enough. He's done. This goose is cooked. It's only about how many he takes down with him now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭newhouse87

Hicksville is in New York state or was it in ohio you were talking about, trumps rally was in Pennsylvania.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

newhouse87 wrote: »
    Hicksville is in New York state or was it in ohio you were talking about, trumps rally was in Pennsylvania.

:pac: you are so drole.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,592 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

I believe the correct word starts with a T

• Registered Users Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭newhouse87

he could have at least thought of something original when trying to insult people.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

https://www.thejournal.ie/twitter-suspends-fake-black-pro-trump-accounts-5232710-Oct2020/

Interesting story. It seems Trump may not have as many black voters as he would like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

https://www.thejournal.ie/twitter-suspends-fake-black-pro-trump-accounts-5232710-Oct2020/

Interesting story. It seems Trump may not have as many black voters as he would like.

He doesn't have any, if they vote Trump , they ain't black :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

How he has any voters at all is still a genuine mystery to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Gretas Gonna Get Ya!

Brian? wrote: »
    I find it strange that your initial conclusion was that he’d forgot he already had one on, when it’s far more logical that it offers more protection.

You say logical, but if the man does have the early stages of dementia... then it'll almost certainly be his memory that gets affected first.

He forgot he was running for president just the other day. (And it's not the first time that's happened either) Couldn't remember Mitt Romney's name "That senator who was a mormon"... He also forgot what state he was in too!

Now, this stuff could all possibly be attributed to fatigue from a gruelling campaign. But that still begs the question, is Biden fit to serve at his age if he's already feeling the effects before even getting into the oval office? Things are only going to get more hectic, in the unlikely event that he does become the next president.

Trump is razor sharp for his age, by comparison. It's pretty hard to imagine the American voters picking this guy to replace him. Not only should he not be the next president, I think it might be time for Biden to retire from politics altogether. He looks like a spent force.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭cantwbr1

You say logical, but if the man does have the early stages of dementia... then it'll almost certainly be his memory that gets affected first.

He forgot he was running for president just the other day. (And it's not the first time that's happened either) Couldn't remember Mitt Romney's name "That senator who was a mormon"... He also forgot what state he was in too!

Now, this stuff could all possibly be attributed to fatigue from a gruelling campaign. But that still begs the question, is Biden fit to serve at his age if he's already feeling the effects before even getting into the oval office? Things are only going to get more hectic, in the unlikely event that he does become the next president.

Trump is razor sharp for his age, by comparison. It's pretty hard to imagine the American voters picking this guy to replace him. Not only should he not be the next president, I think it might be time for Biden to retire from politics altogether. He looks like a spent force.

Razor sharp? The man who thought they used aircraft in their war of independence?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,249 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

tmp-cam-6922559597956898164.jpg

Joe wears two masks. Did he forget he was already wearing one?

Whatever spittling respect you managed to have in this thread is gone. Your posts have become pathetic troll attempts, you contribute nothing to the threads other than fake outrage, terrible meme attempts and pushing an obviously fake agenda that Biden has dementia, but Trump is of a stable mind.

Previously you would discuss and debate, and sometimes raise valid points. Now you've resorted to this dreck, feign ignorance at the concept of people wearing two masks and attempt to take a shot at Biden for wearing two.

Meanwhile Trumps senior members, supporters and even family have all contracted Covid 19 due to sheer ignorance and pushing an agenda to somehow make Covid a political issue.

You know perfectly well that Trump is an awful person and terrible president, so bad that he managed to make Bush and Obama look good, but you're in so deep you've had to resort to this.

It's a damn shame when good posters turn to such low levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,699 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

It's a better concept than whipping off a mask and walking amongst your staff while knowing you have Covid 19 wouldn't you say.

Well, I know you wouldn't say it, but I'm sure you know it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

I am hoping Biden will win even just marginally but I think he has a strong backing when people don't want Trump to win again bar those that are Trump's biggest fans, who are more like him are the ones will vote for Trump! I think the covid crisis will decide which way things will swing for Biden V Trump! Fair play to Biden! I wear two masks and will be wearing a visor as well when I go shopping in the coming weeks with Level 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,728 ✭✭✭eire4

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    How he has any voters at all is still a genuine mystery to me.

True. But in pretty much any situation no matter how insane you can always find some outliers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

This is an odd one, is he advocating illegal behaviour or did he just not read past the headline?

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1316381765443952641

What the article actually says
    California’s attorney general and chief elections officer on Monday sent a cease-and-desist letter to Republican Party officials demanding that they immediately stop using private ballot collection containers marked as “official” drop boxes, saying that the do-it-yourself containers that have appeared in several communities across the state are illegal.

Atty. Gen. Xavier Becerra and Secretary of State Alex Padilla also demanded that GOP officials provide by Thursday a list of all voters whose ballots have been collected using the boxes to ensure the documents were collected with permission.

“Let me be clear, unofficial, unauthorized ballot drop boxes are not permitted by state law,” Padilla said in an online event with reporters. “Political parties and campaigns can engage in get-out-the-vote efforts, but they cannot violate state law.”

I find it strange that Trump had no issue with mail-in ballots in 2016 when approx a quarter of all votes were mailed in. Suddenly its a huge issue when he seems like hes on the losing end and wants any excuse to barricade himself in the White House after the results are known.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,514 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Donalds bookmakers odds are also shorter in 2020 than they were in 2016

Rhinos are longer than Giraffes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Ande1975

As the horror of the Trump 'administration' continues to reveal itself, I think of the sycophants in his government and the pro Trump responses on the many threads on boards and I wonder - what the actual fork is wrong with people.

I watched a few interviews that Biden gave on youtube. My God, what an unassuming and kind man. It makes me absolutely sick to my stomach how the Trumpists attack and make up lies about Biden.

I rationalize it that its young boardsies who just want to annoy, antagonise and perhaps have nothing better to do.

Biden did an interview with Megyn Kelly that brought me to tears. The way he speaks about his family, caught himself when he spoke about Beau as his/then our son who passed.

It just astounds me how Trump can get away with murder (which his herd immunity policy is)

Yet Biden gets attacked on 'forgetting' things...
    I wrote in another post how he comforted McCain's daughter when John McCain was going through treatment. I will say it, would Trump even think like that? He is vile.

I will say this to anyone who has experienced grief will hear Joe Biden's words, his humility, ability to turn that grief into purpose, energy is something that some of us would struggle to do. I urge people to watch his interviews.

I hope to God, Michael Cohen is right when he says he wants to see Joe Biden in the White House and say to Trump, give me the keys and get off my lawn.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement