Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Ultimate battle for the fate of our universe (pt 3)Read OP 01/11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,762 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 23,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

^Contribute an opinion or a comment, no link dumping

• Registered Users Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Ande1975 wrote: »
    I rationalize it that its young boardsies who just want to annoy, antagonise and perhaps have nothing better to do.

More likely to be older Boardsies, IMO. The kind of person who would want "Irexit" in order to keep the foreigners out. They also have nothing better to do though obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,569 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

More likely to be older Boardsies, IMO. The kind of person who would want "Irexit" in order to keep the foreigners out. They also have nothing better to do though obviously.
    What age are older boardsies?

• Registered Users Posts: 83,514 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

eagle eye wrote: »

I took to mean age of account/lifespan of contribution when Ande said it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

eagle eye wrote: »

Hard to put a number on it, E. I suppose its relative. Old enough to think the orange racist has a point and that Ireland would be better off on it own, keeping Ireland for the Irish. Of course younger folks can have that same view but much of that can be put down to naivety rather than stupidity.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

Ande1975 wrote: »
    As the horror of the Trump 'administration' continues to reveal itself, I think of the sycophants in his government and the pro Trump responses on the many threads on boards and I wonder - what the actual fork is wrong with people.

I watched a few interviews that Biden gave on youtube. My God, what an unassuming and kind man. It makes me absolutely sick to my stomach how the Trumpists attack and make up lies about Biden.

I rationalize it that its young boardsies who just want to annoy, antagonise and perhaps have nothing better to do.

Biden did an interview with Megyn Kelly that brought me to tears. The way he speaks about his family, caught himself when he spoke about Beau as his/then our son who passed.

It just astounds me how Trump can get away with murder (which his herd immunity policy is)

Yet Biden gets attacked on 'forgetting' things...
    I wrote in another post how he comforted McCain's daughter when John McCain was going through treatment. I will say it, would Trump even think like that? He is vile.

I will say this to anyone who has experienced grief will hear Joe Biden's words, his humility, ability to turn that grief into purpose, energy is something that some of us would struggle to do. I urge people to watch his interviews.

I hope to God, Michael Cohen is right when he says he wants to see Joe Biden in the White House and say to Trump, give me the keys and get off my lawn.

Haters gonna hate..

I despair when I see trump fans project that hatred on to others, makes me worry a bit tbh that there is no way out of this division.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Another day , another example of the utterly incompetence of the Trump Administration.

White House embraces a declaration from scientists that opposes lockdowns and relies on ‘herd immunity.’
    The White House has embraced a declaration by a group of scientists arguing that authorities should allow the coronavirus to spread among young healthy people while protecting the elderly and the vulnerable — an approach that would rely on arriving at “herd immunity” through infections rather than a vaccine.

Herd Immunity isn't really great generally speaking , but that's not the incompetence.. No , it's much more simple than that
    A widely-circulated open letter calling on governments to pursue herd immunity is counting homeopaths, therapists and fake names among its "medical" signatories, leading to accusations that it falsely represents scientific support for the controversial position.

The Great Barrington Declaration, a letter organised by prominent advocates of herd immunity, claims to have been signed by more than 15,000 scientists and medical practitioners, as well as more than 150,000 members of the general public.

Yet Sky News found dozens of fake names on the list of medical signatories, which anyone can add to if they tick a box and enter a name. These included Dr. I.P. Freely, Dr. Person Fakename and Dr. Johnny Bananas, who listed himself as a "Dr of Hard Sums".

One medical professional on the list gives his name as Dr Harold Shipman, a general practitioner in the United Kingdom.

A GP called Harold Shipman killed more than 200 of his patients before he was arrested in 1998.

Other famous names included Dominic Cummings, who is described as "PhD Durham Univercity".

Do any of them read beyond the bloody title?

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭one world order

The difference between Trump and Biden is Trump cares about the American people and puts on a tough guy image especially when he has to deal with the corrupt media and those controlling them, while Biden couldn't care less about the American people and puts on a fake caring image, while the media try their best to get him elected.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,947 ✭✭✭SuprSi

The difference between Trump and Biden is Trump cares about the American people and puts on a tough guy image especially when he has to deal with the corrupt media and those controlling them, while Biden couldn't care less about the American people and puts on a fake caring image, while the media try their best to get him elected.

****ing LOL, that really made me laugh!!

• Advertisement

oh okay.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

eire4 wrote: »
    True. But in pretty much any situation no matter how insane you can always find some outliers.

Over 60 million people voted for this low-life in 2016.

If they re-elect him, then fair play. America will have the President that it entirely deserves at that point.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,308 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Excellent. :D Very funny in fairness.

One of the most idiotic and clueless posts I've ever come across on Boards.ie. And that's saying something. Fair play to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Triangle

SuprSi wrote: »

Definatly made my day 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 6,728 ✭✭✭eire4

If you need the perfect post to use as an example of trolling then that one jumps right to the head of the line. Absolutely classic trolling.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,592 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    One of the most idiotic and clueless posts I've ever come across on Boards.ie. And that's saying something. Fair play to you.

Really?

You should see his older posts, Satan is coming to kill us all, repent with jeebus, Trump is the 2nd coming or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭one world order

True though, for example Biden by his actions and words shows he is a racist and loyal to those who control the financial system and media, while Trump has given equal opportunities to those of other races both in his career and as president, but yet the media constantly attach the word racist to him in their physiological programming of the population.

You managed to break the first and eight there.

True though, for example Biden by his actions and words shows he is a racist and loyal to those who control the financial system and media, while Trump has given equal opportunities to those of other races both in his career and as president, but yet the media constantly attach the word racist to him in their physiological programming of the population.

The eighth again not going well today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

Too much internet during lockdown

Really?

You should see his older posts, Satan is coming to kill us all, repent with jeebus, Trump is the 2nd coming or something like that.

Is this that same person? Ah. Suddenly it all makes sense!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,452 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Really?

Didn't the illuminati and the lizard overlords get a mention too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Gretas Gonna Get Ya!

km991148 wrote: »
    Haters gonna hate..

I despair when I see trump fans project that hatred on to others, makes me worry a bit tbh that there is no way out of this division.

I know and have met many Trump supporters/voters, as I have extended family stateside... they are some of the nicest most genuine people you could ever hope to meet.

Not a racist bone in most of their bodies. They love their country, and they know that Trump loves their country too.

(I'm not denying that some racists probably do follow Trump, but personally I have never met a single one of them - and I've met quite a lot of Trump supporters)

Trump is one of the most misunderstood and mis-characterized leaders in history - but thankfully millions of people are waking up to this fact everyday now. They can see that the media has been trying to brainwash the masses, because he represents such a threat to the establishment.

Many people are on the wrong side of history with regard to this man, but I believe the tide of public opinion is gradually starting to turn. I think he will go down in history as a good man, who saw problems in his country and tried his best to fix them. Yes he's loud and bombastic and rude at times etc - but beneath this is someone who genuinely cares about people and wants his countrymen and women to prosper and live in the America he was lucky enough to grow up in.

He believes in the American dream. An old fashioned idea perhaps, but still worth fighting for.

I don't blame people for being brainwashed by media propaganda about Trump. Just look in history, the way good people like the Germans could be fooled into hating one group like the Jews. When media propaganda is sustained and strong enough, it can blind millions of people to the truth.

But the truth always finds a way to get out in the end... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,467 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

This is an odd one, is he advocating illegal behaviour or did he just not read past the headline?

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1316381765443952641

What the article actually says

I find it strange that Trump had no issue with mail-in ballots in 2016 when approx a quarter of all votes were mailed in. Suddenly its a huge issue when he seems like hes on the losing end and wants any excuse to barricade himself in the White House after the results are known.

you find it strange that trump is a hypocrite?

I think he will go down in history as a good man, who saw problems in his country and tried his best to fix them. Yes he's loud and bombastic and rude at times etc - but beneath this is someone who genuinely cares about people and wants his countrymen and women to prosper and live in the America he was lucky enough to grow up in.

He believes in the American dream. An old fashioned idea perhaps, but still worth fighting for.

Do you have any facts to back any of this up? Do you genuinely believe Trump has "tried his best" to fix anything?

I have PLENTY of evidence to the contrary:

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump-disaster-response-red-vs-blue_n_5f47fa1bc5b6cf66b2b4d29c

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I don't blame people for being brainwashed by media propaganda about Trump. Just look in history, the way good people like the Germans could be fooled into hating one group like the Jews. When media propaganda is sustained and strong enough, it can blind millions of people to the truth.

Are you seriously trying to equate the output of the current mainstream media with Nazi propaganda? Honestly, take a break from posting ridiculous rubbish and read a book or two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭AlphaDelta1

I want Biden to win, not because he's a great candidate but because he's not Trump. That said I just don't trust the polls after the 2016 fiasco.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Are you seriously trying to equate the output of the current mainstream media with Nazi propaganda? Honestly, take a break from posting ridiculous rubbish and read a book or two.

I don't think Greta was trying to equate the two. Simply pointing out that masses of people can be brainwashed by the media.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

Didn't the progressive left anti fascists burn books in the States a while ago ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement