Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Ultimate battle for the fate of our universe (pt 3)Read OP 01/11

Options

Comments

Think debates are out of the question, particularly since it's clearly still active in his system. Might not even manage a negative test this month.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Things are not looking good polling wise.

Even Rasmussen where you'd expect to see some impact of a "rally round the flag" effect shows his numbers are still terrible.

His disapproval rating holding steady at 53% where it's largely been since the debates , with 47% "Strongly Disapproving".

• Registered Users Posts: 23,761 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

https://twitter.com/Walldo/status/1312866609690705920

"I would die for that man"

What the fcuk is wrong with these people?

Maybe he just really liked the apprentice?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,922 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

https://twitter.com/Walldo/status/1312866609690705920

It's a cult. Cults seem to be a very American thing and the only explanation I can fathom that makes sense is that they're in a cult. It's the only way someone could display such irrational, deranged and sycophantic behaviour.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Advertisement

I'd nearly say a few of ye that absolutely hate the man and give out about him constantly might see in that guy a kind of inverse reflection of yourselves..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭Cody montana

I'd nearly say a few of ye that absolutely hate the man and give out about him constantly might see in that guy a kind of inverse reflection of yourselves..

Anyone?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,922 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

It's wearingly predictable that Trump supporters are more concerned with their idol being criticised than with hundreds of thousands of dead Americans.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

It's wearingly predictable that Trump supporters are more concerned with their idol being criticised than with hundreds of thousands of dead Americans.

??..Are you calliing me a trump supporter?

??..Are you calling me a trump supporter?

Aren't you? That'd be an odd reaction if you weren't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,663 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Or is it that he is constantly doing things worthy of giving out about?

He has fermented such division, such hatred of his opponents. I mean, think back to how much hatred and vitriol he both directed towards, and stirred up in his supporters, towards HC.

Hate is a very emotional laden term to use. It puts people on the defensive right away as nobody wants to be seen to hate. So instead of talking about the faults of Trump, the conversation turns to the hate of people.

But as usual, it is a made-up enemy. By and large, most people have wished Trump the best in dealing with the virus. Biden, Harris, HC, Obama, MSM. Anyone of any note has expressed a desire for Trump to pull through.

But instead of thanking people for their support, instead of using this unique situation to start to heal the rifts in the country, Trump has doubled down with his rhetoric that he is strong, he faced the virus and won, that others obviously failed, and that despite all the experts he has been right all along and the virus is nothing to worry about (despite him just being giving the best medical treatment in the world).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,557 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

I'm not and I agree with him

Not particularly..TBH I just think the ire he inspires in people is kind of stupid..And the comment alluded to the fact that if someone is that polarising it will conversely inspire the kind of devotion of yer man in the video saying he'd die for him..

Although tbf, I have absolutely no time for the democrats after the last few years either, and I really don't like Harris..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,312 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

It's a cult. Cults seem to be a very American thing and the only explanation I can fathom that makes sense is that they're in a cult. It's the only way someone could display such irrational, deranged and sycophantic behaviour.

There's times I think I'd actually be interested to sit down with one of these people and hear about why they have Trump on such an immovable pedestal and why they think he's the second arrival of Christ.

Then, I come to my senses.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Mehapoy

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    There's times I think I'd actually be interested to sit down with one of these people and hear about why they have Trump on such an immovable pedestal and why they think he's the second arrival of Christ.

It's going to make some interesting psychology research in a few years, how a reality tv star turned politician inspired such cult like devotion in a large percentage of people.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

It's a behaviour I'll never understand , whether it's with Trump or with a Pop-star etc.

I've just never understood the whole concept of "Hero Worship" - This blind adulation of someone that you've never met and likely never will.

How is that guy any different to a 15 year old girl screaming about how she wants to have Harry Styles (or whoever) babies and that she'll kill anyone that gets in the way of their relationship.

It's a mental illness plain and simple - Trump didn't cause it (nor did Harry Styles or whoever) , but he certainly attracts that type of person due to his behaviour.

Nah. I've family members like this and all they really come out with is how great he is. Nothing more.

The thing is that nobody has ever asked these people to have a really deep think about why they're voting for him. They just lap up OANN, Fox News, Breitbart etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

A person should be judged by their actions and if a person's actions are cúntish, then judging the man to be a cúnt is perfectly rational.

What's irrational is viewing every legit criticism as a form of bias.

I don't know if you've noticed this pattern yet but those who dislike Trump tend to use evidence to back up what it is that they dislike while those who like him have a habit of posting doctored videos, sycophantic praise, poorly written screed about leftists, slogans, debunked nonsense from the circular human centipede of right-wing twitter and some very uninformed and ignorant takes of events.

Trump is unfit for the office and demonstrates this every day. That is my own opinion but I can point to plenty of things that he has done that justify this opinion. You can call that TDS if you like or look for some underlying condition to explain peoples' dislike of the man but if you think that all those people who dislike like the man are being irrational while those who heap sycophantic praise on a conman are the rational ones, you might want to have a little bit of a rethink.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

My God. How in the world does he get away with it. Now if Trump said this , there would outrage and it would be used as ammo for years and years to come. Biden is a vile creep.

https://twitter.com/RealJamesWoods/status/1313248400360398848

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭randd1

A person should be judged by their actions and if a person's actions are cúntish, then judging the man to be a cúnt is perfectly rational.

What's irrational is viewing every legit criticism as a form of bias.

I don't know if you've noticed this pattern yet but those who dislike Trump tend to use evidence to back up what it is that they dislike while those who like him have a habit of posting doctored videos, sycophantic praise, poorly written screed about leftists, slogans, debunked nonsense from the circular human centipede of right-wing twitter and some very uninformed and ignorant takes of events.

Trump is unfit for the office and demonstrates this every day. That is my own opinion but I can point to plenty of things that he has done that justify this opinion. You can call that TDS if you like or look for some underlying condition to explain peoples' dislike of the man but if you think that all those people who dislike like the man are being irrational while those who heap sycophantic praise on a conman are the rational ones, you might want to have a little bit of a rethink.

Cultists don't think or rethink, they follow the dear leader with absolute loyalty and that's all they need.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,663 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

My God. How in the world does he get away with it. Now if Trump said this , there would outrage and it would be used as ammo for years and years to come. Biden is a vile creep.

What do you take from what he said?

I'm going to go with - 16 second Video , shortly followed by a longer video that gives context to the statement making it an absolute nothing.

Just like EVERY OTHER VIDEO you have ever posted here..

Let me know when he describes neo-Nazis as "very fine people".

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    I'm going to go with - 16 second Video , shortly followed by a longer video that gives context to the statement making it an absolute nothing.

Just like EVERY OTHER VIDEO you have ever posted here..

Yep...

At about 11 minutes in the full clip above.

He's visiting a Haitian Cultural centre , the girls had done some traditional dance earlier and the comment was "I'm coming back" and he would see the same dancers again in 4 years time for the next Election campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Just to go back to something posted in the previous thread regarding Project Veritas.

BREAKING: Liban Osman, subject of Project Veritas alleged voter fraud story, tells @LydenFOX9 he was offered $10K by Omar Jamal to say he was collecting ballots for Congresswoman @IlhanMN.

Omar Jamal was Project Veritas’ insider in the Somali community

Eh you're making a pretty sleazy interpretation of it more than anything else. Surprised Woods would want to bring that up given his own reputation.

https://variety.com/2017/film/news/amber-tamblyn-james-woods-open-letter-1202557447/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

Oh. so I guess I'll change my vote to the pussy grabbing climate change denier. Dickish move Ladladlad posting doctored videos like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

1800_Ladladlad's video clip posts can be summed up as follows

JealousShinyHousefly-size_restricted.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 16,725 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Mehapoy wrote: »
    It's going to make some interesting psychology research in a few years, how a reality tv star turned politician inspired such cult like devotion in a large percentage of people.

I think a lot of it is trolling, it's fun to enrage people, so keep at it, some of the posters on here are word for word the same as what's being said on the tv and radio in defending Trump and attacking Biden.

Some people see him as being most representative of their values (even though he's probably the person with the least republican values on a personal basis), and distort any other reality away.

However, it is funny seeing the depths they plumb, and how thin-skinned a lot of them are (e.g. SilentCorner phrasing everything as a question, kidchamo/biker79 ignoring everything else and posting messianic praise, Ladlad posting videos from his facebook feed).

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 285 ✭✭TexasTornado

Mehapoy wrote: »

In a few years time someone will come along and make Trump look like a saint.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement