Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Ultimate battle for the fate of our universe (pt 3)Read OP 01/11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭Cody montana

biko wrote: »
    So the answer is, nepotism is ok - everyone is doing it?

"the practice among those with power or influence of favouring relatives or friends, especially by giving them jobs"

Hummmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,514 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Comon people, have some integrity. If this was Trump you people would be having a FIELD DAY. Just admit you were wrong about Biden. He is corrupt!

You've already verified the emails are actually legitimate? :confused:

"the practice among those with power or influence of favouring relatives or friends, especially by giving them jobs"

Hummmm.

Unless Joe Biden was the hiring manager at Burisma: is it nepotism?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

Why do you think Hunter was on the board of Burisma?

if you have an issue with biden's son you absolutely must have multiple issues with ivanka, kushner and donnie junior. it's mind boggling if you don't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Overheal wrote: »

I'll use the same excuse I was given when I asked for proof of the "losers" comment... NYP would not have released the information if they were not sure & risking law suits....

Still waiting on your answer to my previous question... why was Hunter Biden on the Burisma board? Earning 50k per week with no experience and not a word of Ukrainian?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

froog wrote: »
    if you have an issue with biden's son you absolutely must have multiple issues with ivanka, kushner and donnie junior. it's mind boggling if you don't.

Well for a start, they speak the language used in the Whitehouse...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Stop giving Trump supporters new propaganda. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭thebestwords

I'll use the same excuse I was given when I asked for proof of the "losers" comment... NYP would not have released the information if they were not sure & risking law suits....

Still waiting on your answer to my previous question... why was Hunter Biden on the Burisma board? Earning 50k per week with no experience and not a word of Ukrainian?

It's the same reason why Clinton had a private email server - pay for play. To be perfectly honest this happens on the other side too - the Kushner and Ivanka situation should absolutely be open to scrutiny. It's fairly obvious Biden knows the people surrounding Burisma, even his biggest defender knows he's just another corporate Democrat.

Isn't Joe on tape saying he got the prosecutor fired too though?..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Bullsh*t?

• Advertisement

The New York Post is known as trashy, they're like the National Enquirer... They do not fact check and are happy out with litigation. Don't you find it a little odd that a reputable publication didn't end up with it? Can you cite some major news stories they've broken?
    Isn't Joe on tape saying he got the prosecutor fired too though?..

With the full support of the international community, it was not a unanimous decision. Also backed by Republicans.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Comon people, have some integrity. If this was Trump you people would be having a FIELD DAY. Just admit you were wrong about Biden. He is corrupt!

"Dear Hunter, thank you for inviting me to DC and giving an opportunity to meet your father and spent [sic] some time together. It’s realty [sic] an honor and pleasure,” the email reads."

Nice video of a swamp being drained thanks to Axios:

Its amazing how people want to wait for a gold standard of proof when its Biden on the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Can the American who sits on the board of directors of Burisma speak Ukrainian or is it just a requirement for a Biden?

NYP would not have released the information if they were not sure & risking law suits

There isn't a protected, masked source here. This is a hard drive, with data on it. If it exists, release the data, have independent verification. The hard drive isn't going to lose its job or receive death threats if it is named and identified by the newspaper.

Its amazing how people want to wait for a gold standard of proof when its Biden on the line.

ICYMI we had an election in 2016 that was swung by salacious and unverified claims. Most people would rather not a repeat.

Do you honestly believe if the roles were switched and some left wing outlet reported emails from Don Jr or whoever else they'd be censoring said tweets and facebook posts about the story?

It's censorship plain and simple, I don't give a hoot what your political affiliation is. It disgusts me that people are OK it, and not only OK with the censorship, but pushing it.

Even the most left wing zealot knows Hunter made all that money directly because of his dad, yet they have no problem and have no shame to continuously lie about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,452 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Can the American who sits on the board of directors of Burisma speak Ukrainian or is it just a requirement for a Biden?

A close family member sat on the board of the Rotunda Hospital and they had no medical qualifications

ICYMI we had an election in 2016 that was swung by salacious and unverified claims. Most people would rather not a repeat.

I suppose the "dossier" doesn't count though.

PEEPEEGATE - never forget.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

Biden calling a lid of on press, I wonder why that is. ;)

Do you honestly believe if the roles were switched and some left wing outlet reported emails from Don Jr or whoever else they'd be censoring said tweets and facebook posts about the story?

Wild whataboutism there. Fact is these sites are standing by their hacked materials policies which were long since put in place - more than 2 years ago in the case of Twitter

https://www.zdnet.com/article/twitter-bans-distribution-of-hacked-materials-ahead-of-us-midterm-elections/

https://www.axios.com/twitter-election-integrity-hacked-materials-ban-fc3765e9-a42a-4065-a53e-6d0bb6fa8751.html

Because the hard drive was personal information stolen by a (presumably licensed) business owner, it is being treated as a hack.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

https://twitter.com/RidT/status/1316363540421316609?s=19

Excellent thread from a political scientist who researches disinformation.

"The Biden Campaign, so far, has denied one specific detail: the meeting described in this email, displayed up-front in the NYP story. Note that this email was the only email displayed as an image file, not a (unmodified) PDF printout from Mail in MacOSX

The metadata for this image show that it was edited and prepared for publication with Photoshop yesterday afternoon.

Using an image is perhaps cleaner than a PDF embed (so this might be an editorial decision). But the formatting inconsistency certainly raises even more
    suspicion."

Desperate measures from a desperate campaign. It's actually hilariously bad.

I suppose the "dossier" doesn't count though.

PEEPEEGATE - never forget.

The dossier was around before the podesta email release.... :rolleyes:

Ironically however this report claims to have a peepee tape of sorts: Hunter biden allegedly engaging in sex acts and drug use on video saved to this hard drive. The Post did not share any information to corroborate that - thumbnails, filenames, etc.

Because the hard drive was personal information stolen by a (presumably licensed) business owner, it is being treated as a hack.

Oh, so because it was a "hack" it shouldn't be circulated. Laughable defense - recently the New York Times had absolutely no problem in printing Trump's tax returns without his consent.

"The Biden Campaign, so far, has denied one specific detail: the meeting described in this email, displayed up-front in the NYP story. Note that this email was the only email displayed as an image file, not a (unmodified) PDF printout from Mail in MacOSX

The metadata for this image show that it was edited and prepared for publication with Photoshop yesterday afternoon.

Using an image is perhaps cleaner than a PDF embed (so this might be an editorial decision). But the formatting inconsistency certainly raises even more
    suspicion."

A newspaper, which like 99% of newspapers used the industries no.1 image manipulation tool to resize/crop etc.. an image for publication in a newspaper.

well that is hard hitting proof right there.

suspicion."

That's what first intrigued me, it was a little square image, like they pasted into Paint or something. It's not a screenshot of any email client. If they have actual documents quit pussing around and throw it up on scribd. But you see, getting the information out isn't the point, it's getting the accusation heard around the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,308 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

"Dear Hunter, thank you for inviting me to DC and giving an opportunity to meet your father and spent [sic] some time together. It’s realty [sic] an honor and pleasure,” the email reads."

Nice video of a swamp being drained thanks to Axios:

Don't you guys distrust mainstream media? Yet you're swallowing this nonsense without question. Trump supporters hypocrisy is reaching ever new heights.

The fact Rudy Giuliani is stuck in the middle of this should set off alarm bells for anyone about this story.

The dossier was around before the podesta email release.... :rolleyes:

Where's the fact checking here? This was circulated all over twitterverse and facebook yet was never substantiated at the end of 2018.

Rules for thee but not for me. This is one of dozens of garbage articles about Russia from one of the oh so incredibly diligent left wing outlets. :rolleyes:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/nov/27/manafort-held-secret-talks-with-assange-in-ecuadorian-embassy

"Donald Trump’s former campaign manager Paul Manafort held secret talks with Julian Assange inside the Ecuadorian embassy in London, and visited around the time he joined Trump’s campaign, the Guardian has been told."

Oh, so because it was a "hack" it shouldn't be circulated. Laughable defense - recently the New York Times had absolutely no problem in printing Trump's tax returns without his consent.

The New York Times is not involved in any way, shape, or form here.

A newspaper, which like 99% of newspapers used the industries no.1 image manipulation tool to resize/crop etc.. an image for publication in a newspaper.

well that is hard hitting proof right there.

It's actually pretty unusual. Check out any major news stories with such leaks, the publications link directly to the document generally or an embedded view of it. So yep the original files are pretty important.

• Advertisement

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Don't you guys distrust mainstream media? Yet you're swallowing this nonsense without question. Trump supporters hypocrisy is reaching ever new heights.

The fact Rudy Giuliani is stuck in the middle of this should set off alarm bells for anyone about this story.

Or are we ironically hyping a story with a lot of presumption and not a lot of proof because for the last 4.5 years the people backing the opposition party in a two horse race have been doing the same.

Im fully willing to believe the story is exaggerated if not completely fake, but I thoroughly hope it impacts peoples choices to vote so that the candidate I dislike less wins. Its America, things don't have to be real, they just have to put enough doubt in somebodys mind. A game the democrats have been playing for a half decade now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement